Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

no i didnt mean to come in here with 'real' ideas on his classification..i tend to just read this forum as im not very knowlegeable on such matters yet.
    it was sarcasm but again you may have had to be me to get it as is the general case with my humour and sarcasm x_p

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Monday, April 14th, 2008 @ 07:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

He just didn't look the mysterious (the traveler race) that's all, I dont know if you were serious or not. I cant remember how your mind functions!:goodmorni

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You can't say that Gerhard Schroeder has an eye fold for sure, without also seeing some younger pictures of him as well. Gerhard Schroeder most likely has an "eye fold" because old people's eyes do sag in that direction. My grandpa's eyes sagged in the same way, they sagged enough that he had an operation done to remove some of the extra skin a few years before he died. But he did not have any eye fold when he was young, and none of his children had an eye fold either. I think it would be more valid to post an example of a young German who exhibits that eye fold.

But it is true that Schroeders eyes do kind of slant downward.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Originally posted by ladygoeth33
    For the sake of comparison.... x_hehe
    The differences are, that the Irishman does not have a sloped forehead; his nose is more turned up; his jaw is narrower; he has smaller, shorter ears; and his eyebrows are straight not arched like the Ladogan. I have seen a lot of red haired Aran people who have this look, and also Alpines, so given his location I would say you have those two choices. I think he might be a mixture of Aran with a little alpine.

http://www.fikas.no/~sprocket/snpa/rg-aran.htm

PS. The other short headed strain in Ireland is Borreby which numbers 9%. He could possibly be mixed with Borreby instead of Alpine.
    Last edited by GreenHeart; Saturday, April 5th, 2003 at 02:27 AM.

Senior Member Ominous Lord Spoonblade's Avatar
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 26th, 2006 @ 01:55 AM
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Originally posted by NordicPower88
    My grandpa's eyes sagged in the same way, they sagged enough that he had an operation done to remove some of the extra skin a few years before he died. But he did not have any eye fold when he was young, and none of his children had an eye fold either. I think it would be more valid to post an example of a young German who exhibits that eye fold.

But it is true that Schroeders eyes do kind of slant downward.
    My German Grandmother had to have that kind of operation as well. She had extra skin on her eyelid, so does my mother, and me just a little bit. I think that it naturally just becomes more pronounced as you grow older (and sags, etc, because of loss of firmness and elasticity in the skin). Though on my grandma and mother it doesn't give the eyes a "slanted" look to the extent that it does on Shroeder and some other people.
    Last edited by Ominous Lord Spoonblade; Saturday, April 5th, 2003 at 02:40 AM.

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Monday, April 14th, 2008 @ 07:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Originally posted by NordicPower88
    The differences are, that the Irishman does not have a sloped forehead; his nose is more turned up; his jaw is narrower; he has smaller, shorter ears; and his eyebrows are straight not arched like the Ladogan. I have seen a lot of red haired Aran people who have this look, and also Alpines, so given his location I would say you have those two choices. I think he might be a mixture of Aran with a little alpine.

http://www.fikas.no/~sprocket/snpa/rg-aran.htm

PS. The other short headed strain in Ireland is Borreby which numbers 9%. He could possibly be mixed with Borreby instead of Alpine.
    What is so stupid about Nordish.com: they say short headed and post this girl with atleast medium tall forehead, the coon types are always better defined, if this little upturned fucker is UP/Alpine who knows lol, where do you see the Aran? I doubt it. Alpines are shorter headed but their forehead is always so recognizable cause its so wide (cant be the brain now can it) Borrebys are not really shortheaded, but some English Alpine types are mixed with Nordic and therefore abit wrongly called Borreby! I agree German chandler is having the personality of a Phallian and the most body and facial features incorporated as well. the eye fold is properly just age and to much thinking, people without a single wrinkle tends to be abit rudimentary. I know of many elder Nordics who had this operation done.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What sources say Borreby is long skulled/ I thought they are brachycephalic....

"Etymology:

Borreby is the name of a Danish village and archaeological site where large brachycephalic skulls of this type were unearthed."

and then:

"In modern times the Borreby type is found nowhere as a true population, except perhaps in Jæren and on the island of Fehmarn, off the German coast, where it exists in relative purity. Elsewhere it is strongly diluted with other elements, especially Nordic (see Fälish).

Description:

The Borreby type is one of northern Europe's most influential (in the racial sense) Upper Palaeolithic survivors. It is, like its relative the Brünn, big-bodied and large-headed, and lateral in most features; the Borreby is very tall, muscular, and usually quite heavy, with a tendency to fatness.

The head form is brachycephalic (c.i. typically 82-84), and the occiput is nearly vertical and often slightly flattened. The temporal bones are weakly curved, but parietal tuberosities are usually strong. The forehead is broad, only slightly curved, quite high, and usually of but little slope."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12