Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Germanic Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Something that Kauz said got me to thinking. I always tried to fit in to Christianity. Always thought I was a Christian, but never really went to church or anything. Had my ups and downs through life that soured me on Christianity (I don't mind most Christians). Then I got hurt at work and got laid up with 3 back surgeries. I finally got on this new fangled thing called the internet with AOL. Started researching my family and making a family tree. I learned everything I could find on them. Found some things out that explained my life. Then I started looking into other religions. I knew Christianity wasn't for me. Looked at where my family was from as far back as I could find. All led back to Germany. Read about Germanic Heathenry. I couldn't get enough. Everything I read from the Eddas to the Sagas, everything just felt right. That hole that Christians talk about filling with Christ, never happened for me. But Heathenry filled it completely. One thing I read that made sense, with researching my family, is it is in the blood. Our blood contains the past. It has messages from our ancestors within us. Our ancestors live on through us.

On the issue of Ragnarok. After reading it, and knowing a Christian set it to writing, I saw how Christianity could use it to say 'Look, your Gods died off. The last two humans left were really Adam and Eve.' We have to understand he wrote it out, having to pass reading by his bosses, or be disciplined. This was a time that the Church did not want anything left of Heathens to remind them of their pasts. Our groves were built over with churches or cut down. Now I always believe there is some truth, even in a lie. I believe he tried to pass our stories on to the future, but there may be a Christian twist to some of it, so that it would pass the censors of the time.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think it's obvious who influenced the other more. First of all, jesus was never born. And if he was by chance, he was not divine. But in the folklore they choose to celebrate his birth during the exact same time as a Heathen celebration yule or the "returning of light". This predates xianity by a HUGE margin. How about Easter? Same. How about the days of the week? How about their sunday worship? For us it was "SUN-day" ... and this is the day they choose to congregate in yahweh's name? The list goes on and on ... all their major holidays are right around solstice. Their cross is basically a sun-wheel or swastika (flyfot). Do we really need to do this? I think it's all so obvious who copied who. Xianity copied alot more than just Heathenry.
    "The mystery and secret of Wotan is not that "knowledge" of him is passed along through clandestine cults or even through the re-discovery of old books and texts--but rather that such knowledge is actually encoded in a mysterious way in the DNA, in the very genetic material, of those who are descended from him." - Secret of the Gothick God of Darkness

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 07:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian/German
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia/Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Single adult
    Politics
    Right-wing conspirator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Funny thing is, you find NONE of those holidays or images or practices in the bible. I wrote in another thread how I pointed these things out several times and was told to shut up about it. "We've changed the meaning of those" they say.

Hersir asked in my advice thread why not just continue as a post-reformation Christian. Well, if they are going to use practices directly from Germanic (and Celtic) heathenry, then why not just call myself a Germanic heathen and be done with it? The same practices without the self-flagellation.

The Power belongs to those who Dare
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 06:48 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Germanic Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree. Go back to the source. We don't need anything mixed in that wasn't there before. Makes it more Pure.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The weirdest thing is that these "christians" here on Skadi are supposed to be "aware" and "alerted" to the issues concerning our people and our nations. But when they staunchingly defend xianity it seems as though they're actually alot more blinded than they'd have you believe. There is only ONE excuse for this behavior ... denial. And denial is a disease. We must be fearless if we are going to make a comeback. In the spirit of Charles Martel when he faced the horde of Islam, fearless and more brutal than the enemy has ever imagined or is capable of. THIS is the way. You can not accomplish this feat being filled with fear and denial. People think just because we embraced the ideals of xianity at one time, for a long time, that that validates it. It doesn't. Striking an enemy with brute terrifying force is against the christian doctrine. Would you like to live your life being a stupid, weak hypocrite?
    "The mystery and secret of Wotan is not that "knowledge" of him is passed along through clandestine cults or even through the re-discovery of old books and texts--but rather that such knowledge is actually encoded in a mysterious way in the DNA, in the very genetic material, of those who are descended from him." - Secret of the Gothick God of Darkness

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Germanic Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree. Christianity taught me to be ashamed of myself, to fear, to regret, to be guilty even if I did nothing wrong. Those are not qualities I ever want to see again in myself, let alone fellow germanics. Why would people want to keep those qualities. Multiculturist use those qualities against everyone to let immigrants into our countries and then wonder why our countries are collapsing in on themselves.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tolerance is lame and is a tool of the incompetent. Our enemies are INTOLERANT of us, and all that is us. We have to be more intolerant than ever before.

In my last band "Nawiht" I had a bass player from Lithuania who was a devout, life-long christian ... he constantly struggled with depression, anxiety, fear and feelings of worthlessness. He was also isolating himself from other members of the band because he felt that his "faith" made him different. He made a bigger deal out of it than any of us. What i'm getting at here is that if it were me, and I was "different" because I was bearing what I believed to be the truth it would make me "stand above" not below. Why did his supposed "superior faith" isolate him from his peers and make him weak and feeble? That isn't very nice of yahweh to treat his servants like that is it? My spirituality makes me superior, I stand far above average men. I am a leader and a trailblazer. I make people believe what I bvelieve or at least make them curious in the way that I present myself. I'm tall, strong, positive and absolutely convicted in my weltenshuaang. And people want to be herded and want to look at a leader for guidance. Christians cannot offer this leadership. The more they try to convince with words, the more questions and doubts are raised. You lead and live by example, spending very little time trying to convince people to believe a corrupted, hypocritical, shoddy doctrine.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Germanic Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kauz, that is exactly what I have seen and found out. I no longer cower to an invisible force. I live my life, my way. I don't feel guilty and made to feel inferior by a religion.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:38 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    My known ancestry is Norwegian
    State
    Nordic Union Nordic Union
    Politics
    Identitarian
    Religion
    Germanic & Indo-European Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm convinced that our European peoples and societies would be much healthier with a lot more vitality and strength if most people would awaken more of the Indo-European worldview and mentality within themselves.
    We know that this spirit can manifest in the modern world and inspire modern Europeans to live more bravely and honorable while providing a greater meaning in a Folkish sense, strengthening connections with the deep origins of our Folk and creating a renewed awareness of our uniqueness as well as strengthening a more organic and wholesome outlook on nature.
    The question that remains to be answered is whether it actually can be able to save our Folk from the terrible situation we are in these days.
    I don't think the Indo-European or Germanic belief alone can do this, but it can certainly participate in the process among other elements and activities; I think we have a good potential there, but more strong and remarkable activity is needed on our part.
    In Norway, I would like to see a group of people establish an organization for the Nordic people and culture, with a rather strong emphasis on Germanic Folkish heathenism.
    This would serve to promote this healthy worldview which is enormously needed among todays young Norwegians.
    In the future, I would personally like to participate in a project like this, which would not be a strictly political organization, but more of a grass-root approach looking deeper at how we want to live and look at the world, as well as being a platform for social activity spanning from cultural study, ethnic solidarity, environmental and political questions and how these relate to the Nordic-Germanic traditions, and a number of other possibilities.
    The thing is, this would absolutely be relevant for the question of our future survival, multiculturalism, globalism etc., but rather than starting with a purely political doctrine, we would start with a cultural approach, including ethnicity and the religious worldview of our ancestors.
    This makes room for more political freedom among the members, of course, but just as long as this doesn't go against the best of our Folk, and the ideal future of our Folks own descendants.
    In Norway, we don't have anything with the smallest similarity to this idea, as far as I'm informed. (Please, don't mention Vigrid! )

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olavsson
    In Norway, I would like to see a group of people establish an organization for the Nordic people and culture, with a rather strong emphasis on Germanic Folkish heathenism.
    This would serve to promote this healthy worldview which is enormously needed among todays young Norwegians.
    In the future, I would personally like to participate in a project like this, which would not be a strictly political organization, but more of a grass-root approach looking deeper at how we want to live and look at the world, as well as being a platform for social activity spanning from cultural study, ethnic solidarity, environmental and political questions and how these relate to the Nordic-Germanic traditions, and a number of other possibilities.
    The thing is, this would absolutely be relevant for the question of our future survival, multiculturalism, globalism etc., but rather than starting with a purely political doctrine, we would start with a cultural approach, including ethnicity and the religious worldview of our ancestors.
    This makes room for more political freedom among the members, of course, but just as long as this doesn't go against the best of our Folk, and the ideal future of our Folks own descendants.
    In Norway, we don't have anything with the smallest similarity to this idea, as far as I'm informed. (Please, don't mention Vigrid! )
    But we do.

Til Hundens Minne (Tore Hund)
    http://vegtam.info/hundensminne/Hunden.htm

Bifrost and Forn Sed will accept anyone, I know for a fact they have "baptised" asians into being heathens. One of the leaders in Bifrost used to be the editor of a communist street paper, and they work together with PST. So they are not an option.

http://nordfront.net/

KultOrg fits somewhat into your description, some of the writers are even members on skadi.

If these are not an option, why don't start something on your own?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast