Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Religion of Ancient Slavs

Zvaci

Post The Religion of Ancient Slavs

Congratulation on this new forum!I am certen that this shall be exelent place to discuss and learn more about culture,religion and costumes of antient Slavic peoples.

For the start please post us some basic facts about Religion of antient Slavs.

Here is drawing of Perun-Slavic god of war.
    Last edited by Pera_Z; Tuesday, July 23rd, 2002 at 03:19 PM.

Last Online
    Friday, January 16th, 2004 @ 07:18 PM
    NS/RS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re:

I am not so much interesting in any kind of religion, but in pure NS phylosophy works. But, I used to have a comrade who was very interesting in Slavic paganism so I will draw a few lines about it. First, for the difference of ancient Norse mythology, Slavs belive that their gods are their cousines, their ancestors. Maybe this is not true, but I belive that there are more people who know about this - who can agree or disagree with this. Here is the list of Slavic gods:

Dazhbog - sun god, also god of blessings and Svarog's son.

Iarilo - minor god of male sexual potency

Khors - sun god

Koliada - spirit of the winter solstice

Kupalo - spirit of the summer solstice

Lada, Lado - variously thought to be the mother of Lel' and Polel', a god of the underworld and marriage, or not a deity at all.

Lel - possibly the son of Lada and brother of Polel

Lelia - possibly the daughter of Lada

Mat' syra zemlia - Moist Mother Earth, personification of the earth as a female deity

Mokosh' - only female deity included among Vladimir's idols, possibly associated with Moist Mother Earth

Perun - chief of the pagan gods, god of thunder and lightning and of war

Polel' - possibly the son of Lada and brother of Lel'

Rod - minor god of birth (Many consider him as an first head god of eastern Slavs)

Rozhanitsy - minor goddess of birth

Simargl - a winged dog, guardian of seed and new shoots

Stribog - possibly god of wind, storm, and destruction

Svarog - sun god, father of Dazhbog, divine smith

Svarozhichi - sons of Svarog

Sviatovit - possibly an important god of the west Slavs, god of light, bounty, and divination regarding the harvest

Volos, Veles - god of cattle (skotnyi bog), commerce and possibly the dead

Last Online
    NS/RS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Links

An Ancient Slavic Herbal
    http://members.aol.com/hpsofsnert/herb.html

Fater Gwydion's magickal homepage
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/8933/index.html

P.Z.

Last Online
    NS/RS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Some legends

SVAROG AND SEMARGL

In the beginning of time, Svarog struck the white-fiery Alatir'-stone. And the sparks from his hammer turned into the Fire God Semargl and the Ratichi Nebesnie (Sky Warriors). The Fire God Semargl appeared in a cloud of flames, that purifies everything it touches. Just like the Sun, he gave light to the Universe. He mounted the golden-maned horse with silvery hide. Smoke became his banner, and Fire became his horse. He leaves the trail of burnt earth wherever he goes.

The Fire in Svarog's smithery became so strong that it created Stribog - the God of Winds. He joined Svarog and Svarozhitch (son of Svarog) Semargl in sustaining the Fire that fuels the Sky Smythery.

Then, the Great Black Serpent, son of the World Duck, decided to imitate Svarog. He crawled up to Alatir' and struck it. Out of the sparks demons-dasunes were born.

And Semargl battled with the Great Black Serpent and his army. But the Serpent was stronger, and the Red Sun grew dim. Darkness spread all around. Svarozhitch went up to Heaven to see his father, Svarog the Smith.

But the Black Serpent also entered Svarga. He licked the hole in the smithery's wall. Then Svarog and Semargl grabbed him by the tongue and made him plow the Earth. They used him to draw a boundary between the kingdoms of Yav' and Nav'. Svarog and Semargl took Yav' and the Serpent took Nav'.

PS: this myth was reconstructed on the basis of the old Russian folktale "battle between Kuz'ma-Demian and the Serpent"

-----------------------------
    CREATION
    At the beginning of time, the world was wrapped in darkness. But then, the One Who Is Above Us All created the Golden Egg, where Rod - the creator of all that is - was imprisoned. Then Love - Lada - was born from Rod. And He used Her to destroy His prison, and then He created the Universe - all that there is:

"The Sun came out of His face,
    And the Moon appeared out of His chest,
    And the stars came out of His eyes,
    And the dawn sprang from His eyebrows,
    And the dark night was born from His thoughts,
    And the strong winds were born from His breath."

Book of Koliada

That's how Rod created everything that we see around us. Everything that is a part of Nature (nature in Russian is "pri-roda" or "close to Rod"). He separated the physical world - Yav' - from the world of unseen - Nav'. He separated Prav' (path of right) from Kriv' (path of wrong).

In His fiery chariot, He produced Thunder. He put Ra - the Sun God - into the golden boat, and He put Miesiats - the Moon diety - into the silver boat. Out of His mouth came Bird-Mother Sva - the spirit of Rod. Out of Her Svarog - the father in Heaven - was born.

Svarog has finished up the creation. He became the overseer of the physical world and the King of Heaven. He built twelve columns that the sky is resting upon.

Out of the Word of the One Who Is Above Us All, Rod created God Barma - who sings Vedas (truth of the Gods, from ancient Russian "vedat'" - "to know"). Rod became the River of Heaven and created the waters of the Great Ocean. Out of the foam of this Great Ocean the World Duck was born, who, in turn, created many Gods - yasun' - and demons - dasun'. Rod created the cow Zemun' and the goat Sedun', out of whose breasts came out the milk that became the Milky Way.

Then He created Alatir' stone, and He took that Stone and made butter out of the Milky Way. From that butter, the Mati-Syra-Zemlia (Mother-Moist-Earth) was born.

Book of Koliada
    Book of Veles
    Book of Vedas (although the authenticity of this book is uncertain)

P.Z.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 05:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Post Re: RE:

Originally posted by Pera_Z
    First, for the difference of ancient Norse mythology, Slavs belive that their gods are their cousines, their ancestors.
    Just for the record, the Germanic (Nordic) peoples king's claimed descendancy from their Gods. This justified their right to be Kings.

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Monday, April 14th, 2008 @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have to consolidate Nordicpower88 statement, I dont know what you are talking about Peraz,

Heimdall a brave ASER was mankind's father, the Scandinavian gods are archetypical aspects of man, they summarize our Nordic Aryan spirit, what is it you are saying? that Nordic gods were immortal and genetically diffracted from the people in Midgrd?

For the record im 100% certain I descent from certain Nordic Aser/ser
    but among me here in Scandinavian lives many degenerates, these people are those who corrupt and deprave my roots, with their fragile minds and smooth clinical absence of earth and their black deceiving eyes.

Last Online
    NS/RS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post RE:

No, all of you understand me wrong. It is my mistake, because I wrote it quickly and didn't say completly understandable. Sorry.

I wish to tell you that, as far as I know, The Slavic Gods had been considered as the first members of Slavic tribes. They were not supreme, they were just our ancestors. In the later period those ancestors were honourable with magic powers and the powers of Nature. Those Gods usually have nicknames as "old one", "grandfather", "grand-grand father", "brother"... At least Serbs called them like it.

I didn't find something like it in Norse mythology, and it DOESN't that this not exist.

Please, I am not familiar too much with Norse mythology, only with some sort of WOTANISM by 14 Words Press. If someone could tell me more about it, please reply me, or post a new thread. Just notice me where you put it.

My truly regards,

P.Z.

Last Online
    NS/RS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ancestors who are DIRECTLY blood related with it's folk.

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Monday, April 14th, 2008 @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Interesting, the way you describe the Slavic tribe is kinda the same as Nordics, we came from land in Asia called tanakvils,
    Thus mysterious S tribe came from Asia, maybe middle Siberia most likely, we were Brave in all aspects but met great resistance in Vanerne.

No one knows exactly why, but Odin wandered North!
    Odin was the one who lead his clan unto North Europe (Scandinavian) he placed sons in Denmark, Norway,Sweden, and one in north Germany to protect the North!

He became immortalized in the myths as did his S tribe, but it was obvious they were mortal as all other carnal creatures on this sphere, us Jarls descent from Odin..........

So I see the similarity in your words indeed.

ODIN MIT UNS, he was one of us, not a stranger! he had emotions like all other men. and he had fury and love in his heart together dwelling with his endless Wisdom.

I write more about this when I got more time be sure,

PS on this engraved master piece, notice the abstract Sunwheel beneath.

Peraz, tell me when you want some Avatar or sig uploaded,

Obergrenadier

Zvaci! !

Vui soobshchyeniye mnye Zvaci! Ya xjochou govoritz sci vami!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast