Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs)

France Opens Secret UFO Files

France opens secret UFO files

22 March 2007

PARIS - France has become the first country to open its files on Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) when the national space agency unveiled a website documenting more than 1,600 sightings spanning five decades.

The online archives, which will be updated as new cases are reported, catalogues in minute detail cases ranging from the easily dismissed to a handful that continue to perplex even hard-nosed scientists.

"It is a world first," said Jacques Patenet, the aeronautical engineer who heads the office for the study of "non-identified aerospatial phenomena."

Known as OVNIs in French, UFOs have always generated intense interest along with countless conspiracy theories about secretive government cover-ups of findings deemed too sensitive or alarming for public consumption.

"Cases such as the lady who reported seeing an object that looked like a flying roll of toilet paper" are clearly not worth investigating, said Patenet.

But many others involving multiple sightings - in at least one case involving thousands of people across France - and physical evidence such as burn marks and radar trackings are taken very seriously.

A phalanx of beefy security guards formed a barrier in front of the space agency (CNES) headquarters where the announcement was made, "to screen out uninvited UFOlogists," an official explained.

Of the 1,600 cases registered since 1954, nearly 25 percent are classified as "type D", meaning that "despite good or very good data and credible witnesses, we are confronted with something we can’t explain," Patenent said.

The website can be found at www.cnes.fr/web/4461-geipan.php

Sapa-AFP
    Source

Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2009 @ 08:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic, 1/4 Eng
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Romanian Fighter Jet Hit by UFOs

BUCHAREST, Romania, June 6 (UPI) -- The Romanian Defense Ministry has confirmed that a fighter plane was struck by four unidentified flying objects and released a video of the incident.

The ministry said the MIG 21 Lancer fighter plane was struck by the objects during an Oct. 31, 2007, check flight but was able to land safely, Hotnews.ro reported Friday.

Lt. Col. Nicolae Grigorie said a video recorded by cameras onboard the plane depicts "two solid bodies, which are not translucid."

Grigorie said authorities are working to determine what the objects could have been.

"They couldn't be birds because there are no birds in Europe able to fly so high. And they couldn't be ice bodies because it was a clear sky -- neither could they be pieces of another plane or a meteor," he said.

He said the government has ruled out rocket launches and ground artillery fires as causes of the incident.
    Source link

Last Online
    Thursday, August 4th, 2016 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Son of Mars
    Ancestry
    South Tirol mainly, Italy, Northern Spain and France
    Subrace
    Subnordid + Atlantoid admix
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Peronista ortodoxo
    Religion
    Agnóstico
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    In a television series called "Phenomena", they afirmed that Soviet secret files tell about a group of Soviet fighters engaging in combat with a UFO (a flying saucer according to the program) and being defeated. Apparently the UFO approached a Soviet air base and the fighters were ordered to intercept it.

I agree that these stories sound really cool, but in the case of the MiG-21 I would ask first if the maintenance was well made. Fighter jets like the Mirage III must be kept on ground for the rest of their life because they have achieved the structural life limit (that's a condition inherent ot alluminum made things), and although that MiG is newer, they may be suffering from material's fatigue. Also, Russian engines don't have the best quality, they need a lot of maintenance compared to other Occidental engines. Maybe a part of the fuselage went out for a ride and returned agresively; and the Air force doesn't want to admit they cannot keep in good conditions the aircrafts.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 12:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

'Near Miss With UFO At Heathrow'

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081020/...w-45dbed5.html
    Monday, October 20 08:26 am

Sky News Print Story
    A passenger jet coming in to land at Heathrow Airport had a near miss with a UFO, according to newly-released Ministry of Defence files. Skip related content
    Related photos / videos 'Near Miss With UFO At Heathrow'
    Related content
    U.S. pilot was ordered to shoot down UFO
    Britain releases secret UFO files
    MoD releases secret UFO files
    Related Hot Topic: UFO
    The captain of the Alitalia airliner was so concerned he shouted "look out" to his co-pilot after seeing the brown missile-shaped object shoot past them overhead.

The mysterious incident near Lydd in Kent in 1991 was thoroughly investigated by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and the military.

But having ruled out the object being a missile, weather balloon or space rocket, the MoD closed the inquiry and left the matter unsolved.

The unexplained close encounter is one of many recounted in military UFO documents now made available online by the National Archives.

Documents show the McDonnell Douglas MD80 aircraft was en route from Milan to Heathrow at 22,000ft with 57 people on board when pilot Achille Zaghetti saw the strange object 1,000ft above him.

He recounted: "At once I said, 'look out, look out,' to my co-pilot, who looked out and saw what I had seen.

"As soon as the object crossed us I asked to the ACC (area control centre) operator if he saw something on his screen and he answered 'I see an unknown target 10nm (nautical miles) behind you'."

The files show that Southern TV broadcast a story about a 14-year-old boy who reported seeing a missile flying at low level before climbing through the cloud and disappearing on the same evening.

An unnamed Whitehall official wrote: "It is our intention to treat this sighting like that of any other Unidentified Flying Object and therefore we will not be undertaking any further investigation."

There were a number of other similar incidents recorded in the same year.

On June 17, 1991 four passengers onboard a Dan Air Boeing 737 saw a "wingless projectile" pass beneath the aircraft as it climbed from Gatwick Airport headed for Hamburg.

And on July 15 the pilot of a Britannia Airways 737 reported seeing a "small black lozenge-shaped object" travelling at speed as they approached Gatwick.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts
    Well, the year 1991 is a number which is not only symmetrical, but has a sum-across of 20, a well-known alien number. As such we should be very careful about the year 2099's arrival.

Interesting, but it needs some investigation. Unless Haunebu II has been resighted, or any other vril-powered objects have been subsequently launched on a secret precept, there would seem to be no explanation to these "unknown flight objects" (well if there was, they wouldn't be unkown).

PS: Post to be taken with a grain of humour.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 @ 02:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    Family
    Two sisters
    Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    358 Posts

Astronaut Claims UFO Hush-Up

An Apollo astronaut claims that the truth about extraterrestrial life has been buried.

More...

Last Online
    Sunday, August 15th, 2010 @ 12:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Military Craft Mistaken as UFOs

Does anyone think that most UFOs are really say USA military airplanes? New, classified planes, which they are happy to be misidentified as UFOs?

I had read about how black triangles seen in Europe were later known to be stealth bombers, when they became public in the 1990s.

Any opinions?

Last Online
    Monday, June 7th, 2010 @ 12:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Once when I was about 12, so around 1998, I saw a triangle in the night sky flying, but it could've been anything I guess. IIRC it looked like it passed a regular/propelled plane, made a u-turn and followed it. It was either that triangle that did that, or another of the "UFO's" I've seen.

During the cold war, I don't know if it's confirmed but there was at least indications that even American/NATO submarines went into our territory, so that they'd do this kind of thing here despite having good relations with us isn't impossible.

6th army lives matter
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooi Meisie View Post
    I had read about how black triangles seen in Europe were later known to be stealth bombers, when they became public in the 1990s.
    I find the locations these US military aircraft show up perplexing, if indeed they are directly linked to the government, and not the private industry.

When we had the Belgian UFO wave at the end of the Cold War, triangular shapes flew slowly over Wallonia. Sometimes they hoovered over certain places, like church towers, much to the amazement of onlookers. Stealths don't stick to a particular point in the sky. And our F16 fighter jets couldn't intercept these machines.

The US testing its planes over densely populated European countries seems unlikely to me.
    “War is waged by men; not by beasts, or by gods. It is a peculiarly human activity. To call it a crime against mankind is to miss at least half its significance; it is also the punishment of a crime.” - Frederic Manning, The Middle Parts of Fortune

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    I find the locations these US military aircraft show up perplexing, if indeed they are directly linked to the government, and not the private industry.

When we had the Belgian UFO wave at the end of the Cold War, triangular shapes flew slowly over Wallonia. Sometimes they hoovered over certain places, like church towers, much to the amazement of onlookers. Stealths don't stick to a particular point in the sky. And our F16 fighter jets couldn't intercept these machines.

The US testing its planes over densely populated European countries seems unlikely to me.
    Or maybe that's why they are testing them there, because it would seem so unlikely. There was a similar incident with one of these triangular craft in the American midwest. It was tracked by a number of different police officers over through five counties, which would be a fair distance. And this was in relative close proximity to an air force base, too, if I recall correctly. My guess is that this is a sort of weapons platform. When you think that current stealth technology was developed in the 1960s, it's not unrealistic to conclude that extremely more advanced technology has been developed since then. If this is the case, and it is eventually deployed, it will really be a sight to behold no doubt...