Thread: [SOLVED] Predates the Pyramids!

GaelicWarrior

[SOLVED] Predates the Pyramids!

I was going thru my photos of my last trip home to Scotland (and a short stay in Eire as part of the trip) and it occurred to me my fellow Celts might enjoy this picture:

Newgrange, is 5500 years old and predates the Egyptian pyramids, it is a massive earthwork passage tomb. This intricately constructed monument has some really amazing features. For one, the entrance tunnel that hoes back into the tomb some 60' and is pitch dark is amazingly lit up on the solstices by sunlight that passes through a keyway opening above the tomb entrance. It light up the passage all the way to the very back and shine upon a wall bearing some megalithic art, whose message is lost in the mists of time.

Inside and to the right in a second small chamber with an Urn that was used for the cremated remains of people placed in the tomb, and the entrance to the chamber is just slightly smaller then the urn is wide, so when archaeologists tried to remove it they could not. This indicated that newgrange was build around this urn.

Newgrange's interior is completely waterproof using layers of loose rock over interlocking slates to Wisk away moisture. (And it does get gather moist in Meath Co. Eire!)

While not exactly Celtic (newgrange dates from WAY WAY before the Celtic invasions) the builders would have been Old European type peoples who certainly make up a vast number of the inhabitants of the Celtic world today. It’s a symbol of the greatness of our people, and the richness of a civilization as old as the any of the classical civilizations of the south.

Craig,

GaelicWarrior

Oh, and if anyone else is interested I have some more detailed pics of some of the artwork on the rocks as well as the entrance.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 4th, 2010 @ 12:54 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    All Irish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    State
    British Columbia British Columbia
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Child Care
    Politics
    Racially Aware Celtic Pagan
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Newgrange in my opinion is the best place in the world well i am a little biased lol....

Vicky

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 4th, 2007 @ 10:37 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think the same people that built Newgrange could have built the Temples in Malta which are the oldest stone man-made structures in the world. No one knows how these people ended, their history is still a mystery and will probably remain so for eternity.

GaelicWarrior

Originally posted by Nazzjonalista
    I think the same people that built Newgrange could have built the Temples in Malta which are the oldest stone man-made structures in the world. No one knows how these people ended, their history is still a mystery and will probably remain so for eternity.
    Yes, I have seen the temples of Malta, also very beautiful. I belive the builders of these temples and of many of the megalithic monuments across europe are classified as old european (meditarainianids)

davison6

Originally posted by Nazzjonalista
    No mystery whatsoever. When the Aryans invaded, they intermarried with the locals. The Aryan nations of today are the descendants of the ancient Aryans and whoever lived in that particular country before. As for the pre-Aryan Irish being the same as the ancient Maltese, it would be safer to say that they were related but not the same. There exists enough differences between the Pictish and Basque languages to consider them about as different as a modern Frenchman and a Norwegian.

Sideways to the Sun
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, September 18th, 2008 @ 04:55 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Rebel
    Politics
    Anti-Neophilia
    Religion
    Traditional Catholicism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It is safer to go with genetic eveidence, and genetics suggest that people in Celtic countries (Ireland, Scotland, Wales) share a particular Y chromosome type and the only thing which resembles it is seen in the Basques.
    It is believe to be a marker belonging to the descendants of Europe's original, pre-farming population.

Basque link

Last Online
    Monday, July 31st, 2006 @ 12:10 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Executive
    Politics
    Live and let live.
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Newgrange predates the pyramids!

Quote Originally Posted by Milesian
    It is safer to go with genetic eveidence, and genetics suggest that people in Celtic countries (Ireland, Scotland, Wales) share a particular Y chromosome type and the only thing which resembles it is seen in the Basques.
    It is believe to be a marker belonging to the descendants of Europe's original, pre-farming population.

Basque link
    Which is also shared by the North Africans of long before the Arab invasions (paleo - North Africans - Berbers).
    Last edited by RusViking; Monday, May 30th, 2005 at 11:17 PM.