Thread: Classify Ulf Lundgren

svarog

Post Classify Ulf Lundgren

Found this picture on a site dedicated to 3D modelling. This guy made a model of himself and I thought this picture would be a good one for classification, because it has both views. Can you classify him and guess where he is from?

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

He looks Tronder with perhaps some slight mongoloid admixture. Is he from Russia or far northern Scandinvia?

svarog

No, not from Russia. I'll wait for others to classify. Don't you think his skull is a bit short (from forehead to occupit) for a tronder? And what are his slight mongoloid features?

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Originally posted by svarog
    No, not from Russia. I'll wait for others to classify. Don't you think his skull is a bit short (from forehead to occupit) for a tronder? And what are his slight mongoloid features?
    Well tronders are medocephalic:

"The Trønder is the tallest of the Norwegian racial types, which also makes it one of Europe's tallest. It is a slender type, although not as slender as the local Hallstatt Nordic, and its bones are larger and heavier than what is typically Nordic. Due to a strong sexual dimorphism, Trønder females are seldom correspondingly big-boned. The head form is high mesocephalic (c.i. typically 78-80; with the exeption of the Hardanger type, which is dolicho-mesocephalic), and the face is of considerable length. The forehead is very high, and at the same time both broader and much less sloping than that of the Hallstatt Nordic. Frontal bosses, a non-Nordic trait, are frequently found, and the temporal region is much fuller. In addition, the transitions from frontal to temporal and frontal to parietal regions are smooth and difficult to find, whereas on the Nordic head they are clearly marked."

The deviation from the tronder norm, like brown eyes, great distance between nose and upper lip, slight prognathism, great distance between eye and eyebrow, and near almond eye shape, are all seen in mongoloids. They are small deviations which is why I would say indicate slight mongoloid ancestry.

svarog

Interesting, those tronders I've seen on snpa have rather long heads, longer than this one, looks like he has east baltic admixture. This guy (Ulf Lundgren) is from Sweden, that was pretty obvious.

The deviation from the tronder norm, like brown eyes, great distance between nose and upper lip, slight prognathism, great distance between eye and eyebrow, and near almond eye shape, are all seen in mongoloids. They are small deviations which is why I would say indicate slight mongoloid ancestry.

All that is true, but I still think deviation in this case can be of european origins (maybe he made a mistake when modelling his eyes, they really look kinda strange, I haven't seen real people with such eyes) but the rest looks ok to me.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 11:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Nice find svarog! He is an interesting specimen, eh? Overall, I'd say he's a Nordic of some type (Tronder, Halstatt, etc.) but there he does have some strange features (as already mentioned by NP88). I wonder if maybe he has some Sami ancestry that might give him these non-Nordic features in question.

svarog

Yeah, I was thinking all these strange features are explained by mistakes in modelling, but brown eyes? I think you are right, he has some sami ancestry.