Thread: Passages from the Old Testament

LaundryBob

Post Passages from the Old Testament

>>Chapters 60 and 61 of Isaiah
    >>Strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee... Therefore, thy gates shall be open continually... that men may bring unto thee the wealth of the Gentiles and that their kings may be brought. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted... And the sons of them that afflicted thee shall come down bending unto thee, and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet... Thou shall also suck the milk of the Gentiles... And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and aliens shall be your ploughmen and you vinedressers... Ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

Judaism is essentially based upon parasitism—the exploitation of the Gentiles by the Jews. Throughout the Jewish scriptures one finds the attitude that the world owes the Jews a living, together with a seething resentment that the world hasn’t done enough for them.

The most fundamental aspect of Judaism is the belief that the Jews are the chosen people:

>>From Deuteronomy
    >>These words which I command thee this day shall be in thine heart, and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children and shall talk of them when thou sittest in thine house and when thou walkest by the way and when thou liest down the when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes, and thou shalt write them upon the doorposts of thy house and upon thy gates... And it shall be, when the Lord thy god shall have brought thee into the land which he sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give thee great and goodly cities, which thou buildedst not, and houses full of all good things, which thou filledst not, and wells digged, which thou diggedst not vineyards and olive trees, which though plantedst not...

>>Deuteronomy 7:16
    >>And thou shalt consume all the people which the LORD thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity upon them: neither shalt thou serve their gods; for that will be a snare unto thee.

>>Deuteronomy 20:16
    >>But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth: But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee...

I wonder if the Jews find these exhortations to genocide embarrassing today, in view of their eternal whining about what the Germans did to them during the Second World War. But I doubt it, for most people read the Bible with sunglasses on, so to speak.

Last Online
    Friday, June 27th, 2003 @ 02:23 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Having been raised in a household of Evangelicals and having a father who was a preacher of basic old-fashioned salvation, it does not surprise me that so many Christians still do not see the vivid and stark passages you just cited from the Old Testiment.

In all my years of listening to sermons, which dwelt more on the sinful man and his absolute need to seek Jesus for the salvation of his immortal soul from an eternity in hell, it was never explained about those scriptures which you cited which clearly showed a dangerous tribe which took no prisoners in battle.

Now I look back to those days and wonder how could this aspect of the Bible be passed over so many times then, when it was never really hidden.

Dzerzhinsky

Judaism is a fascist, greedy, corrupt, bourgeois religion. unfortunalty, nazis are the same, exept they preach white supremecy over jewish supremecy. the differece is, the jews have manged to create a fascist, racist state and maintain it. Germanys attempt at that all ended in tears didn't it. makes you wonder if the aryans are the supreme race at alleyes:

shambler

Question hmmm...the sparks would fly...

If a follower of British-Israelism or Christian Identity stumbled onto this thread. :fear

Unless I misunderstand the tenets?

Umm, nope. I think they'd raise a fuss...

http://amprom.org/Heirs_of_the_Promise.html

http://www.british-israel-world-fed.ca/BIThesis.html

FWIW, I am utterly unable to follow their logic. How Celts, Germans, Scandanavians, etc. are the "True Israel" and the Jews of today the what? Pretenders? utterly escapes me. Especially since they seem to claim Jesus and His Apostles as their own as well?

Any Identity believers out there who want to chime in? I also couldn't find anything -- at least on the Web -- that described in concrete terms how the Jews of today became the "false" Israelites, and how the majority of Jews presumably were so at least since the time of Jesus. Also, I sort of get the Assyrian migration thesis, except I wonder if these folks suddenly became such powerful Cimmerians and Sycthians they didn't simply march back to Israel and reconquer it.

I also kept hitting "dead" links, or links that look really old and out of date. :curse I hate when that happens.

shambler

shambler

Post Re: The Old Testament

Originally posted by LaundryBob

I wonder if the Jews find these exhortations to genocide embarrassing today, in view of their eternal whining about what the Germans did to them during the Second World War. But I doubt it, for most people read the Bible with sunglasses on, so to speak.
    ==============

Whoops, one more thing...In this short passage of Joshua 11, the word "exterminated" appears three times. Not just an exhortation. Praise of an accomplished fact.

It's from the Catholic and English New American Bible. I believe it's a reasonable translation, unlike some of the earlier Catholic attempts (Douay-Rheims, etc.)

http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/bible/joshua/joshua11.htm

The Israelites took all the spoil and livestock of these cities as their booty; but the people they put to the sword, until they had exterminated the last of them, leaving none alive.
    As the LORD had commanded his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua, and Joshua acted accordingly. He left nothing undone that the LORD had commanded Moses should be done.
    So Joshua captured all this land: the mountain regions, the entire Negeb, all the land of Goshen, the foothills, the Arabah, as well as the mountain regions and foothills of Israel,
    from Mount Halak that rises toward Seir as far as Baal-gad in the Lebanon valley at the foot of Mount Hermon. All their kings he captured and put to death.
    Joshua waged war against all these kings for a long time.
    With the exception of the Hivites who lived in Gibeon, no city made peace with the Israelites; all were taken in battle.
    For it was the design of the LORD to encourage them to wage war against Israel, that they might be doomed to destruction and thus receive no mercy, but be exterminated, as the LORD had commanded Moses.
    At that time Joshua penetrated the mountain regions and exterminated the Anakim in Hebron, Debir, Anab, the entire mountain region of Judah, and the entire mountain region of Israel. Joshua fulfilled the doom on them and on their cities,
    so that no Anakim were left in the land of the Israelites. However, some survived in Gaza, in Gath, and in Ashdod.
    Thus Joshua captured the whole country, just as the LORD had foretold to Moses. Joshua gave it to Israel as their heritage, apportioning it among the tribes. And the land enjoyed peace.

kaleun

Post British Israel ETC

Some years ago I was sent a leaflet about the inch - it came from one of these British-israel loonies because I am interested in metrology (ancient and modern).

I think their ideas are rubbish, but found it interesting that they claimed the inch as a measure given by God since it can be derived from the Earth's radius.

(If anyone's interested I'll look out the leaflet and add some more details here; I have other theories on the origins of our natural human-orientated units; but perhaps I should start a thread about these elsewhere? - if someone wants me to).