Conservative, nationalist
    Religion
    Anglican Church in North America
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Netflix Advocacy of Illegal Immigration

So this came out awhile ago and I think I even made a comment but I just learned the details.. This Netflix documentary, Living Undocumented, is explicitly about illegal immigration and promoting people who entered the United States against the laws thereof. I won't say it marks a transition on the left but it's brazen than I'm used to seeing. No talk about reforming the system or legal immigrants or vain legalisms about the Fourteenth Amendment. This just show just thinks it's fine people come in illegally and showcases their struggles against the mean old government trying to enforce a sovereign border against these invaders.

Living Undocumented: The Heartbreaking Stories of Immigrants (vulture.com)

"Over the last six months, scripted TV has had its share of heartbreaking stories about undocumented immigrants. We’ve watched a handcuffed Maritza walked to a plane heading back to Colombia on Orange Is the New Black.We’ve seen Mateo on Superstore picked up by immigration agents and sent to a detention center. On Jane the Virgin, Abuela married a man so he could obtain legal status to visit his ill mother in his native country.
    But as thought-provoking as those fictional portrayals are, none could be as revealing as the six-part documentary series Living Undocumented, which debuts on Netflix today. By following eight families who live in six different states, hail from six different countries, and have varied problems with their immigration status, Living Undocumented goes inside the experience of life as an undocumented immigrant in the United States with unprecedented intimacy."

Executive Producer Selena Gomez also shared that her paternal grandparents, basically all of her Mesoamerican DNA and the reason she exists in the United States as a Latina, entered our country illegally. Two generations down, that illegal genetic material is "American" on paper and wants to be accepted as such even as it wants to let in and endless horde of mestizos with no respect for our legal process whatsoever. Birthright citizenship makes it impossible to have a nation, especially without a meaningfully enforced border.

Selena Gomez Shared Her Family's Undocumented Immigration History As Netflix's "Living Undocumented" Premieres | Teen Vogue

"“In the 1970s, my aunt crossed the border from Mexico to the United States hidden in the back of a truck. My grandparents followed, and my father was born in Texas soon after. In 1992, I was born a U.S. citizen thanks to their bravery and sacrifice,” Selena began her piece. “Over the past four decades, members of my family have worked hard to gain United States citizenship.”

“Undocumented immigration is an issue I think about every day, and I never forget how blessed I am to have been born in this country thanks to my family and the grace of circumstance,” she wrote. “But when I read the news headlines or see debates about immigration rage on social media, I feel afraid for those in similar situations. I feel afraid for my country.”"

"Worked hard" to gain citizenship by sneaking illegally across our border and breeding?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Emma of Normandy For This Useful Post: