Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Αre the Proto-Slavs Alpine/Baltic?

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Post Re: ?re the Proto-Slavs Alpine/Baltic?

I really think it is wrong to call Paul von Hindenburg East-Baltid (see attachment). I do not know what Coon saw there but Danish anthropologist Kaj Birket-Smith (1961, see further down) wrote that German anthropologists have Paul von Hindenburg as Fälish. He was considered so typical that Birket-Smith used a picture of him to illustrate the sub-race.

"Feltmarsalk von Hindenburg, i følge tyske antropologer en typisk repræsentant for den faliske race, der formodentlig nedstammer umiddelbart fra Cro-magnon-racen."
    (Field Marshal von Hindenburg, according to German anthropologists a typical representative for the Fälish race, that presumably descend directly from the Cro-Magnon race)

Someone made a mistake in his case. They should differ in a number of traits. What they would share is a somewhat squarish face.

Last Online
    Monday, December 12th, 2005 @ 11:43 PM
    Subrace
    Baltid/Nordid
    Politics
    Croatian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Αre the Proto-Slavs Alpine/Baltic?

Quote Originally Posted by norda
    I ask you once more to back your claim that proto-Slavs were East Baltic race.
    If you ask for the proto-Slavs as the early linguist group than they were not Alpine/EB but if you're talking proto-Slavs in the racial connotation of the word than my observation stands.
    In any case I don't believe the imaginary Brahman paratroopers from India contributed much to the stock.

The Origin of the Slavs by Joseph Skulj

Belyaeva O. and 7 others (2003), based on mtDNA studies, propose a central European origin of the Eastern Slavs.

Based on the genetic data available, there is evidence that Slavs developed primarily from two populations who sought refuge during the LGM, one in the Balkans and the other in the Ukraine, and who expanded subsequently from their climatic sanctuaries
    http://www.maknews.com/html/articles...the_slavs.html

Colour and Race
    The Journal of the Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland by John Beddoe Vol. 35. (Jul. - Dec., 1905), p 226.

Of these, the most important and interesting is the case of the Czechs in Bohemia and Moravia. Here we have a region with masses and blotches of dark hue, yet surrounded north, south, west, and east by lighter-coloured tracts.

That this is no new thing: Ibn Fozlan, an Arabian traveller, noted nearly 1,000 years ago, the black hair of the Bohemians. This peculiarity would hardly have struck a southron's eye, had it not been in contrast to the hair of their neighbours. And in a medieval German publication, wherein four nations are potrayed as female figures, while Germania is blond and Italia is dark, Sclavinia is represented as distinctly swarthier than Gallia. The Czechs being as it were the vanguard of Slav invasion, would very naturally be present to the mind of the artist, as the nearest and most familiar representatives of a Slavonic race
    To quote my self again: "Yes. They are originally East-Central European [Alpine] and Baltic bread".

Last Online
    Thursday, November 20th, 2008 @ 08:58 PM
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Übersoldat
    If you ask for the proto-Slavs as the early linguist group than they were not Alpine/EB but if you're talking proto-Slavs in the racial connotation of the word than my observation stands.
    In any case I don't believe the imaginary Brahman paratroopers from India contributed much to the stock.

The Origin of the Slavs by Joseph Skulj

http://www.maknews.com/html/articles...the_slavs.html

Colour and Race
    The Journal of the Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland by John Beddoe Vol. 35. (Jul. - Dec., 1905), p 226.

To quote my self again: "Yes. They are originally East-Central European [Alpine] and Baltic bread".
    Is that all? I thought that you had read something about physical anthropology of early Slavs.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 29th, 2007 @ 04:37 AM
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Nordid
    Politics
    The Truth
    Religion
    Deism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Übersoldat
    I would say those were Balts - a related but not the identical sort. And indeed Balts are a Nordic people - infact the most depigmented sort of Europe.
    Balts and Slavs were one and the same tribe until they started to deviate from each other. Thats why the term - Balto-Slavic.
    Dinaric and other admixtures and phenotypes were obtained by Slavs with their expansion and assimilation, Balts mainly preserved their original pheotypes and admixture since they never expanded in such a fashion as Slavs.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 @ 08:42 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Rossialism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norda
    Is that all? I thought that you had read something about physical anthropology of early Slavs.
    I don't think he'll understand sarcasm...

Last Online
    Friday, December 10th, 2004 @ 03:05 AM
    Subrace
    all Slav.serb/czech/russian
    Country
    student
    Politics
    1)Pan Slavist 2)Eurasianist
    Religion
    Pagan & Christian. abit of both.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Slavs came from the mountains, not the marshes. Most likely the Karpati mountains, or perhaps some theories suggest Makedonijan mountains or perhaps the Caucasus. Hence, they did not come out of the Baltics.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, January 13th, 2007 @ 08:38 AM
    Subrace
    Intermarine (Arya)
    Country
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: ?re the Proto-Slavs Alpine/Baltic?

Quote Originally Posted by Slavictorious
    Slavs came from the mountains, not the marshes. Most likely the Karpati mountains, or perhaps some theories suggest Makedonijan mountains or perhaps the Caucasus. Hence, they did not come out of the Baltics.
    There are many theories. The very fact that you mentioned three different mountain ranges, as supposed origins, means you are not in any position to claim where the original homeland was or was not. No offense implied.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 29th, 2007 @ 04:37 AM
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Nordid
    Politics
    The Truth
    Religion
    Deism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slavictorious
    Actually we don't know from where Slavs came from, we don't know from where Balts came as well for that matter. All we have the "recent" history which is clear on the fact that Slavs spread from the Northeastern part of Europe like Balts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12