Two sisters
    Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Danish party leader uses "ethnic slur" in TV documentary

Pernille Vermund, leader of the right-wing Nye Borgelige (New Right) party, has been criticized for using a loaded racial term in a television documentary.

During a programme televised by public service broadcaster DR, Vermund used the word perker, a pejorative term used to refer to Danish ethnic minorities.

‘Perker’ falls short of the use of the N-word in English in terms of its oppressiveness, but it is arguably the most offensive ethnic slur in the Danish language.

In the documentary programme, Vermund calls a person in a passing car perker, before a bystander corrects her and uses the word udlćnding (foreigner).

The latter term is, in most contexts, accepted in Denmark as a way to refer to minority ethnic people – even though they may not be foreigners at all.

Approached by newspaper Ekstra Bladet over her use of the term, Vermund decided to double down on the remark.

“I’m fine with it being shown. I’m not very politically correct, most people have probably noticed that,” she said.

“I don’t regret it. Let’s call things what they are. If you’re a negro, you’re a negro; if you’re a perker, you’re a perker, if you’re an immigrant, you’re an immigrant,” she told the newspaper.

A couple of caveats must be attached to the translation of the quote above: Vermund used the word neger, an approximate equivalent to ‘negro’ in English but which can also be used as a harder slur.

Secondly, ‘immigrant’ (indvandrer in Danish) is, like ‘foreigner’ (udlćnding), often used to refer to minority ethnic people who have lived in Denmark for their entire lives.

“Nye Borgerlige are trying to repackage xenophobia and make it mainstream. Now it turns out that, when they think the cameras are off, the xenophobic and racist remarks come out,” Sikandar Siddique, immigration spokesperson with the environmentalist Alternative party, told Ekstra Bladet.

Vermund dismissed the criticism by telling the newspaper that the word is “something many people with Middle Eastern backgrounds call themselves.”

While that may be true, the word remains discriminative when used in a pejorative context.

Formed in 2016, Nye Borgerlige entered parliament for the first time at this year's general election after running on a hardline anti-immigration and libertarian economic platform.

Thelocal.dk

Last Online
    15 Hours Ago @ 01:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    North Western Europe
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Here is an example for an ethnic slur frequently used for White people: "Racist" - Variants are other undescriptive terms like "White Supremacist" or "Nazi"
    Yet those words are frequently used by main stream journalist and leftist activists, even cucks.

Perker seems to be a combination between Persian and Turk:
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/perker
    So it's descriptive just like other vague ethnonyms.

The informal banning of such terms is an attempt to make it impossible (for White people) to communicate problems they are confronted with.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Theunissen For This Useful Post:

Roslagen til Danelagen
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Vínsk
    Ancestry
    Engelsk (Autosomal), Uppland (Y-DNA) och Dalarna (mtDNA)
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-BY30613
    mtDNA
    K2A5A1
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Väring och Víking
    Politics
    Munsöätten
    Religion
    Forn Sed
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Why do they demand that we like them, or face punishment for not being interested? Is having a preference with who we spend our time verboten? Eurocolonialism is rejected by most of the outlanders, so anybody else should feel free to tell them that the feeling is mutual...

It might be different if they are referring to Greenland Inuit, because of the Crown. For so long as Inuit are allowed to control Greenland and they choose to have Danish rule, this will be a problem no different than the Finnmark/Lappland situation. It would have been better if Iceland remained in the realm instead, although maybe grouped with the Faroe Islands, so as to provide a sort of counterweight for the overinfluence of Křbenhavn in their lives.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    North Western Europe
    Country
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post
    Why do they demand that we like them, or face punishment for not being interested? Is having a preference with who we spend our time verboten? Eurocolonialism is rejected by most of the outlanders, so anybody else should feel free to tell them that the feeling is mutual...
    I don't think that it's so much "THEM" that insist that we like them. It's mostly a section of ethnically Danish (White) people that insist that it has to be the "moral norm" to like/love "everybody". It's a form of post-Christian pietism or puritanism. They changed from "love thy neighbour" (Which quite literally means kinfolk) to "love thy stranger". In fact they think "loving thy neighbour" implies hating everybody else. Because their "love for strangers" is actually mingled with a hatred for their own. You'll see that those pc characters usually are quite high-minded, self-righteous creatures. They think they are more talented, more morale, more justified in everything than everybody else. But that their kinfolk refused to acknowledge this exceptionally just and talented personality of theirs. So in the end this is a mixture of being butt hurt and insisting on being everyone's moral betters. The other mechanism is however their own guilt feelings they project on their own collective. Now this won't be an effective problem, if those people were just the village idiots nobody listens to. But it is exactly them that are in in positions of "authority" and centres of communication and information distribution. It starts with academia, where they are professors and lecturers, schools where they are teachers, media houses where they are editors, journalists and reporters, churches were they are preachers and finally private conversations where they know they have the backing of the above.

"But not all teachers, professors, preachers, journalists are like that".

That's correct, but this in no way makes the situation better. In fact it makes the situation worse. The "reasonable" teachers, professors, preachers and journalists give the appearance that there is some balance in all those, that there is "fairness" on the side of the institutions. That there is freedom of expression, research, religion, etc. They are the fig leave for those institutions. They give them more credibility. Scoundrels always seek to surround themselves with people that have the appearance of honesty, respectability and decency - otherwise their scam won't work.

So much the analysis, the question is how does one get out of this. Well, it starts with having your own structures of learning, research, teaching and information distribution.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Theunissen For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    United States United States
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Helping others

I just wish that the coddling and niceties would be directed towards our own people. I feel like these attitudes are really double standards as I rarely meet White people who fit this helpfulness and empathetic description above. Being in a large metro city makes Germanic people more careful and suspicious of others. Being White I feel more cultural pressure and judged where as I am encouraged to do most things on my own and ask less for little help. It may be a cultural "push" to be independent and not clingy, although I wish people would offer help sometimes. Many Whites receive little help to start off in college, looming debts, in finding decent employment, or to having support within families. (Look at the divorce rates and distance from the grandparents in US.) Germanic may believe working on your own problems will build character and hardiness too. Yet, the attitudes are so different, at least in the media and among authorities, towards the immigrants.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    North Western Europe
    Country
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterland View Post
    I just wish that the coddling and niceties would be directed towards our own people. I feel like these attitudes are really double standards as I rarely meet White people who fit this helpfulness and empathetic description above. Being in a large metro city makes Germanic people more careful and suspicious of others.
    Those over-the-top virtue-signalling White folks are a lost cause at the core. It's literally a cult of "compassion" and Xenophilia. I'm not sure, whether those coddling and niceties are good for anyone, since they are false through and through. This doesn't got anything with a generous attitude, empathy or helpfulness in any healthy sense. It's anyway not good for people, if they are pampered all the time. Those can also be psychopathic traits, since they sense that there is some need for this and putting those traits on display will score them brownie points with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterland View Post
    Being White I feel more cultural pressure and judged where as I am encouraged to do most things on my own and ask less for little help. It may be a cultural "push" to be independent and not clingy, although I wish people would offer help sometimes. Many Whites receive little help to start off in college, looming debts, in finding decent employment, or to having support within families. (Look at the divorce rates and distance from the grandparents in US.) Germanic may believe working on your own problems will build character and hardiness too. Yet, the attitudes are so different, at least in the media and among authorities, towards the immigrants.
    A climate has been created that is hostile towards Whites. The hyperindividualism creates some pressure to perform, since "you are on your own", but this performance will hardly be ever appropriately rewarded. Networking and covering each others back would be far more useful as trait, if one wants to advance in institutions, business or politics. That's essentially how the Jews did it. Make sure your folks gain important positions and that they use them to advance the ethnic collective. Then work all others out unless you can turn them into proxies for your cause (essentially make golem of them).

The individualist approach only works, when it is the norm and when your folks still have real control of your institutions. As soon as you get a collectivist group gaining entrance, they will take over institutions and reshape them in their image.

And as you said there was social and moral change within three generations. Nowadays it's both parents working, kids at school or at some other institution working with them. They either go with the crowd or become loners. School will judge them on how far they can advance. (How well they regurgitate the ideology and how compliant they are). Parental influence is minor. And they are almost accomplices of the school. No brownie points there, no emotional support. Essentially making their "love" dependent on what others think of them. And then they wonder, why they get "rebellious teenagers" - or why the old are shifted into frail care? It is a perversion of previous performance culture and well using Veblen goods as proof of performance (they should have read the conspicuous consumption part as well). Now the big question would be how to reverse that trend. Difficult question. But establishing structures one gets control over and selects and promotes your own, would be a good start. It's the very ambitiousness and egos that may have been useful previously that come now into the way of organising and problem solving. You'd need disciplined people that submit to proficient leadership and can be organised into a way of achieving goals in a pragmatic way. But try to do this with even a selection of Whites. Not interested, not accepting leadership by others, not dedicating themselves in fact often working against other activists (with some fig leave arguments) motivated by envy and not ready to welcome that someone else makes progress. Well most have been programmed that the most important thing is to amass some wealth forgetting that also the wealthy need functioning institutions to have advantage from that wealth.

One just hopes that there will be some wake-up in the course of this decade and I think it is going to be painful.