Confederate
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Generation "Gaps"

The concept of the Generation Gap is pretty cliche, but also a reality I'm discovering as I get older. I.e., I seriously can't relate to my very religious "Boomer" parents' notions (or Boomers generally) in many ways, nor my kids' "Gen Z" generation's indolence, ignorance, and hedonism.
    I'm an early "Milennial" I guess it's referred to as. Could be it's just a product of approaching/arrived middle age for me, lol.
    Do other Skadi members encounter this often?
    "Almost every name belongs to well-known families of English stock....these soldiers were of ancient American lineage"- Prof. N.S. Shaler on the 1st Kentucky "Orphan" Brigade, Confederate States Army

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KYAnglo For This Useful Post:

6th army lives matter
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KYAnglo
    The concept of the Generation Gap is pretty cliche, but also a reality I'm discovering as I get older.
    Yes, very real, and the generation gap is an information gap too. Boomers are depended on MSM coverage, and especially regarding foreign affairs they're absolutely clueless and entirely kept in the dark.

As gen X-er, millennial or zoomer it seems there are less people you can relate to as you get older, because we hail from generations with a broken birthrate.

Like me, you're a xennial rather than a millennial: we're the lucky ones. A blessed minigeneration (in some ways). The Eighties and Nineties were a fun time to grow up in suburbia, there were tons of cool toys on the market, we played outside, life was a good deal more simple. We experienced life as it was before the internet/social media, before smartphones and before wokeness, and crucially, when boys were largely still fundamentally boys. Being a xennial is odd that way: we used traditional telephones, learned to write letters in school, hired videos, went to the library, listened to the radio ... but we're also fully familiar with the most modern (communication) technology. No other generations can say this, not even the younger millennials. People who are just slightly older than xennials, bonafide gen X-ers that is, have a very different attitude towards computers and the internet; back in their day that stuff was for nerds only, and that's an attitude they can't truly shake off, while a zoomer without a computer is like a pub without beer.

Growing up today must be horrible in many regards, I'm very glad I lived half of my life so far prior to the internet era.
    “War is waged by men; not by beasts, or by gods. It is a peculiarly human activity. To call it a crime against mankind is to miss at least half its significance; it is also the punishment of a crime.” - Frederic Manning, The Middle Parts of Fortune

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

United Empire
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    British & Irish
    Ancestry
    England & Scotland, Ireland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-BY30613
    mtDNA
    K2a5a1
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    State
    Rhode Island Rhode Island
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Black-Smiter
    Politics
    Monarchist
    Religion
    ᚢᚦᛁᚾ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    344 Posts
    Although sharing the same anecdotes as KYAnglo and Chlodovech, I can't agree that there's any biological determination inherently found in this discussion of generations. It gets worse when some exaggerations claim two biological siblings with the same parents themselves born to their parents sharing the same generation are somehow separate generations! I agree it's possible to fit across generations if a man like the age of some uncle from an older generation weds a wife like the age of some niece from a younger generation and have children together. My parents' siblings and first cousins range between 1950-1976, but mine are 1976-1998. Born 1963, Mom's oldest brother born 1950 is not a different generation from her youngest sister born 1976, any more than Dad born 1961 and his younger brother born 1963 with their sister in between at 1962. Similarly, none of my cousins' children or mine are able to defy biology and become separate generations. This is only three generations in one family tree. Facts!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodskarl Dubhgall For This Useful Post:

Anachronism
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    494 Posts
    The "generation gaps" are part of the social engineering being forced upon the masses by the enemy. Have you never heard of the concept of divide and conquer? The very fact that these "generations" have been given names should tip you off that it is a planned division. And who decided what these names would be? Mainly people in the media, of course, and advertisers especially. I personally heard one of these people say that "We trained millennial men to think like women."

It's up to you to defeat the enemy's influence in your own households. Our culture is not (or should not be) defined by television or the internet or whatever media the enemy uses to progressively corrupt each of their target "generations" and bend their minds in whatever way suits their nefarious purposes. Parents must make the effort to connect with their children as fellow human beings when they are very young. This has to be done the right way. If you are watching enemy programming with your kids and trying to relate to them through that, you get an F. You are a BIG FAT FAILURE. Turn off the TV, the computer, the iPad, the phone, or whatever gadget you are using as a crutch. Teach your kids to garden, to hunt, to use tools, to change a tire, to do practical things. Most of all, teach them who you are as a family and a people, and to view with suspicion lessons taught by those who don't love you.

If you do this right, the false "culture" will mean very little to your children, and they will not define their lives according to this. And the "generation gap" will be very minimal.
    [02-10, 17:07] Chlodovech: cats may have a reason for meowing too

[02-10, 17:08] renownedwolf: same reason as the missus then.. give me stuff/affection..though she doesnt need me to let her out in the garden for a poo..

[02-10, 17:09] Chlodovech: that's more than I can say of Thoreidar

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huginn ok Muninn For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 05:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    United States United States
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    I notice some trends among my X'er generation. We ended the horrible DOS system and began the graphic user interface for updated personal computers. We had two-D gaming and thought that was a great way to escape long boring, hot days during the summer and take a break indoors with a/c. We played often outside and enjoyed close friendships in person with less fighting among neighbors and also knew about people's problems on the block.

The problem is in many White families we only have 3 generations over 100 years. For example, Mexicans will have five generations during that time, starting at 14 having babies both in Mexico and the US. You meet Latinos grandparents in their 30's unlike 60's to 70's. We were educated not to have large families and not to start young being "baby breeders." For a young woman, you have to rid yourself of negative stereo-types if you desire a younger and larger family. More Christian women did have larger families than the metropolitan posh males and females. Raising large families in big cities have become a problem with trust, educating, and passing on certain cultural values. At least half of the culture will come from TV, gossip, music, and other children regardless of lessening the contact.

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 06:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    German-slavic
    Ancestry
    German-Polish
    Subrace
    North Atlantid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Cancer
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    Christianisme
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hedonism and consumerism is what keep this whole society "alive" when people will need to go out to get there food, shit will start to hit the fan.

I cannot say for sure when will this become true, but all I can say is that a society with comfort and technology could work with a racially homogeonous state with TRUE value like meritocracy, real family value.

Homosexuality is becoming normal, (((they))) trained boy to think like girl : being weak and easily manipulable. That is about it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThorfinnSkald For This Useful Post:

United Empire
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    British & Irish
    Ancestry
    England & Scotland, Ireland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-BY30613
    mtDNA
    K2a5a1
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    State
    Rhode Island Rhode Island
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Black-Smiter
    Politics
    Monarchist
    Religion
    ᚢᚦᛁᚾ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    344 Posts
    I meant my generation in my family is 1972-1998, so there's an overlap or cusp between 1972-1976. That means two of my cousins are older than our aunt and another is the same age, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn View Post
    The "generation gaps" are part of the social engineering being forced upon the masses by the enemy. Have you never heard of the concept of divide and conquer? The very fact that these "generations" have been given names should tip you off that it is a planned division. And who decided what these names would be? Mainly people in the media, of course, and advertisers especially. I personally heard one of these people say that "We trained millennial men to think like women."

It's up to you to defeat the enemy's influence in your own households. Our culture is not (or should not be) defined by television or the internet or whatever media the enemy uses to progressively corrupt each of their target "generations" and bend their minds in whatever way suits their nefarious purposes. Parents must make the effort to connect with their children as fellow human beings when they are very young. This has to be done the right way. If you are watching enemy programming with your kids and trying to relate to them through that, you get an F. You are a BIG FAT FAILURE. Turn off the TV, the computer, the iPad, the phone, or whatever gadget you are using as a crutch. Teach your kids to garden, to hunt, to use tools, to change a tire, to do practical things. Most of all, teach them who you are as a family and a people, and to view with suspicion lessons taught by those who don't love you.

If you do this right, the false "culture" will mean very little to your children, and they will not define their lives according to this. And the "generation gap" will be very minimal.
    I think of generations as replications, since it's called reproduction, after all. I've always thought of parents and children trying to triumph over obstacles in life, not in dire opposition to each other. Keep the bloodlines flowing and don't destroy yourself to spite your family. Who wants to die off and leave no legacy?