The Hulder and Huldra are folkloristic Scandinavian creatures I've recently taken an interest in. They're similar to the fae, goblins, trolls and a wide range of entities from across the world - (shapeshifting) beings and their activities we nowadays associate with "aliens" rather than the funny looking yet mischievious and sometimes dangerous and hostile dwarfs or seductive forest spirits from lore - as well as the stories of the Missing 411 (modern day forest disappareances across the U.S. and the world, which according to David Paulides, like with David Icke's alien abductions, happen mostly to people of Germanic descent - they involve memory loss, missing time and being transported and waking up in locations miles away from the point of departure - on hard to reach mountain peaks or other terrain impossible to traverse, often the victims are children as young four or five or six - and not seldomly when picking berries in a bush).

I'm mainly interested because people who would take an interest in such things are starting to see a pattern develop here, see the videos below.

I mentioned the Huldufólk to the Millennial Thoreidar, my go-to Scandinavian source, but he shrugged and said they're hardly part of Norwegian collective memory anymore - except for some hippies who care about them. "Don't mention them anymore or I won't be able to sleep".

So, as full bloodied Scandis or merely as "fairy enthusiasts", what do you know about them? Any particular lore you're familiar with? Where are their hotspots today, supposedly? Are they any modern day cases of Hidden People abducting or interacting with Scandinavians you're aware of? What is the last "known" sighting? Or is there anything else you have to say on the subject of the Hidden People, perhaps something more classic and less speculative?

Theodor Kittelsen's (Norway) very gripping depiction of a man standing alone in the misty woods right after the departure of a Hulder: