Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617
Results 161 to 170 of 170

Thread: Internet Dating/Long Distance/Online Relationships

  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Winterland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    Location
    Coastal region
    Gender
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    210
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    124
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    I noticed my future husband because he bought me a drink and gave direct eye contact. We had a nice conversation too. I flirted a little to show interest so he asked me out on a date. I enjoy a glass of wine and a good chat at a cafe more so than expensive dinner dates. He is a normal man with an average wallet, so I disagree about women who aim to date millionaires that will most likely have affairs or abuse you at the end. I've had a few friends who went through years of abuse before they left them for a tranquil life. Addressing the Internet dating services, I met the most angry or bitter people on dating sites; I swore it off immediately. In large cities, it can be dangerous for women to meet up strangers, not advised.

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Gegenschlag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 10:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Pred. (Hallstatt) Nordic
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    to every man a woman of his race
    Posts
    249
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    42
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    76
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Verandi View Post
    Sharon Stone wants to write a book about her 'dismal' online dating experiences.



    The 62-year-old actress - who has three sons - has experimented with matchmaking app Bumble but doesn't believe it's the right place to look for love because there's no substitute for real 'chemistry', so she would like to document her stories as a warning to others.

    'Honestly the whole thing was so dismal that I now want to write a book of short stories about my online dating experiences,' stated the Casino actress. 'Dating sites are just not a successful thing. Because real chemistry, that frisson, that happens in the air - not on a site.'

    The Sliver star added, 'And people are becoming less socially adept because of those sites.

    'They no longer know how to behave over dinner, be in a relationship or communicate. I don't want a "text relationship" with someone I'm actually dating, for example. I find that dismal.'

    And Sharon thinks it is 'sad' that people don't really flirt anymore and blames technology for taking away physical interactions.

    She told Telegraph magazine: 'I've realized that people are just not whistling any more.

    'It was a lot of fun when we were allowed to whistle and flirt, but that era has passed.


    'It is sad. But people just aren't like that any more.

    'Technology has taken away the whole interpersonal flirtation thing anyway, so now it's not even in the air: people just don't flirt face-to-face.

    'And I don't think it has anything to do with you or me [getting older].'

    While she's been an advocate for the MeToo moment, the Basic Instinct star insisted she 'doesn't really care' if guys touch her butt or refer to her with terms such as 'honey' or 'darling' as she thinks there are more important things to fight over.

    She said: 'I feel like I don't really need to get into the weeds on all these other things.

    'I don't care if people call me those things. Frankly, I don't really care if they pat me on the rear. I just feel like all of that stuff is such a small victory.

    'And maybe it's because I'm 62 and have been through so much that I'm able to sort out what really needs my attention - and what are just things and people that are going to fade away anyway.'

    Daily Mail

    Ridiculous. A woman with her level of looks could have mated with pretty much any man she wanted and built a stable family in her youth. The fact that she is 62 and single by itself proves her as a big failure.

    She is no victim and has no idea of what the dating market looks like for most people. To take dating advice from her would be like taking advice on living on poverty from Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

    The more Nordic a woman looks, the more men she will have to choose from. Nordic women of child bearing age are the absolute aristocracy in dating and have a power beyond most millionaires, probably even like a billionaire in the business world. Essentially endless dating choice. They can't give dating advice to anybody else because their privilege is endless and don't have an inkling of what dating looks like for most people.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gegenschlag For This Useful Post:


  4. #163
    Still just only death
    Chlodovech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Gender
    Religion
    Catholic
    Posts
    3,668
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,988
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,162
    Thanked in
    1,447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenschlag
    The fact that she is 62 and single by itself proves her as a big failure.
    I appreciate what she said about online dating, but yes indeed. Not only is Sharon Stone 62, which doesn't have to be the end of the world in her case, but she's also a single mother of three adopted sons (aged 20, 15, 14), two of them are still teenagers. Which guy her own age or slightly older or younger feels like adding himself to that constellation, ....who wants to still play a dad to teenage sons at that stage in his life? And out of the blue too.



    She also misses real life flirting, "a pat on the rear" and wolfwhistles - yet she was an advocate for Metoo. She's sad men don't flirt anymore and now rely on dating apps - but MeToo only hastened this evolution, as it's safer choice for men, given the many forms of rape a guy could potentially be accused of when engaging women in the physical world: rape, rape-rape, eye-rape and almost-rape.

    Nonetheless, I feel some sympathy for S.S. - she's raising 3 seemingly Anglo kids (she didn't do what Anglina Jolie did) and makes a few good points. Sharon Stone is more based than 99% of Commiewood.
    [28-08, 00:40] Huginn ok Muninn: if only sigurd were here

  5. #164
    Senior Member
    Gegenschlag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 10:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Pred. (Hallstatt) Nordic
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    to every man a woman of his race
    Posts
    249
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    42
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    76
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    I appreciate what she said about online dating, but yes indeed. Not only is Sharon Stone 62, which doesn't have to be the end of the world in her case, but she's also a single mother of three adopted sons (aged 20, 15, 14), two of them are still teenagers. Which guy her own age or slightly older or younger feels like adding himself to that constellation, ....who wants to still play a dad to teenage sons at that stage in his life? And out of the blue too.



    She also misses real life flirting, "a pat on the rear" and wolfwhistles - yet she was an advocate for Metoo. She's sad men don't flirt anymore and now rely on dating apps - but MeToo only hastened this evolution, as it's safer choice for men, given the many forms of rape a guy could potentially be accused of when engaging women in the physical world: rape, rape-rape, eye-rape and almost-rape.

    Nonetheless, I feel some sympathy for S.S. - she's raising 3 seemingly Anglo kids (she didn't do what Anglina Jolie did) and makes a few good points. Sharon Stone is more based than 99% of Commiewood.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon...ips_and_family

    She was unable to have biological children apparently, which given her dating history is undoubtedly a good thing.

    Also for that reason, and purely philosophically speaking, if I could push a button, I would.

  6. #165
    Senior Member
    Lichtblick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 05:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Gender
    Posts
    60
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I just skimmed this thread because it's the most recent thread.
    The same goes with me (well, it is more one of the most recent threads).

    Though the outcome may be positive, long-distance-relationships are "hard" work. A lot of calling, writing, travelling, not being able to stay with the other during stressful times and so on. And when finally (lasting) uniting you still have to learn to live with each other (simple things like bed times, e.g.).

    Though, I knew my wife from decades ago. Knowing fore sure the other is the right one beforehand makes it much easier.

    Concerning Corona, I have been with my family long before, so it did not affect us.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

    - T. E. Lawrence

  7. #166
    Senior Member Verandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 @ 02:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    Location
    Asgrd
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Family
    Two sisters
    Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Posts
    3,035
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    376
    Thanked in
    246 Posts

  8. #167
    Active Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member
    oreiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    5 Days Ago @ 10:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Gender
    Posts
    2,731
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,814
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,842
    Thanked in
    924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Verandi View Post
    Strange that even young women experienced a small decline in sexual relations after the advent of Tinder.

    From personal observation, I'd say a good 3/4 of my single male friends belong to that 28%, including myself. Not having to deal with unstable, modern young women can be a relief, but it's sad that we have gotten to this point. I try to search for the redeeming personality traits that makes up for their heightened sense of self-worth, but in most cases, it's just not there.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to oreiar For This Useful Post:


  10. #168
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Last Online
    15 Minutes Ago @ 09:53 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    1/2 Rheinland, 1/4 Baden-Wrttemberg, 1/4 Neumark, Greek and Dutch traces
    Subrace
    flisch-alpin-nordisch-atlantid
    Y-DNA
    I-L22
    mtDNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Location
    North Rhine-Westphalia
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Zodiac Sign
    Capricorn
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    NEET
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    Nothing specific
    Posts
    49
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Verandi View Post
    Tinder, or dating apps in general, are not the problem.

    Between 2004 and 2012, high speed and HD internet pornography came into existence, which is the sole reason for the decline of sex in both men and women.

    If people prefer masturbation to intercourse, and many these days do, that will show in statistics.

  11. #169
    Senior Member
    Gegenschlag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 10:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Pred. (Hallstatt) Nordic
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    to every man a woman of his race
    Posts
    249
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    42
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    76
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude View Post
    Tinder, or dating apps in general, are not the problem.

    Between 2004 and 2012, high speed and HD internet pornography came into existence, which is the sole reason for the decline of sex in both men and women.

    If people prefer masturbation to intercourse, and many these days do, that will show in statistics.
    The main reason is the shortage of women. It is not that men prefer pornography to women, it is just that there are no women available out there. Most of them either are in a relationship and don't want to be in one.

    The fertility window for women is much smaller than for men and fewer women are born. On top of that, you have to add careerism, lesbianism, feminism, and mass immigration (predominantly male) as contributing causes.

    The result is that we have the situation there is today. There is a huge male supply but too little female demand. Men are seen as low value and expendable.

    Pretty much any woman on a dating site could choose from dozens of men, all better looking than she. It is not the dating sites themselves that are the problem. It is society and women.

  12. #170
    Still just only death
    Chlodovech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Gender
    Religion
    Catholic
    Posts
    3,668
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,988
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,162
    Thanked in
    1,447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude View Post
    Tinder, or dating apps in general, are not the problem.

    Between 2004 and 2012, high speed and HD internet pornography came into existence, which is the sole reason for the decline of sex in both men and women.

    If people prefer masturbation to intercourse, and many these days do, that will show in statistics.
    Why would people prefer masturbation? Maybe because it's safer and less of a hassle? Things must be pretty bad then.

    Porn is a factor, but not the sole reason. Many men/women don't watch porn and yet are unable to form relationships or have sex. Most men/women who do watch porn still want relationships, but aren't in one. And relationships were falling apart all across the West well before porn became readily available. For most singles porn consumption is a secondary factor or a side-effect of their situation rather than the primary cause of it.

    It doesn't really matter how much porn you consume if you're broke or part of the working poor (as a man), socially inept, average (which isn't good enough anymore) or when you take your dating advice from feminists and mass media or fear the MeToo witches. Or when divorcing on a whim is possible. Or when women simply don't need men to survive thanks to technology, the nanny state and employment.

    Porn is only 5% of the explanation, not much more relevant than gaming; the other root causes have been discussed in several other threads on this subforum. Suffice to say that the pill and the deregulation of the dating market - things which happened over 50 years ago already, long before the internet - have a much, much bigger impact.
    [28-08, 00:40] Huginn ok Muninn: if only sigurd were here

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Similar Threads

  1. Long-Distance Interracial Couple's Reunion at Melbourne Airport
    By Geroth in forum Australia & New Zealand
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Tuesday, March 27th, 2012, 06:03 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Friday, February 19th, 2010, 07:46 PM
  3. Online Dating Is Planned for Orangutans
    By Blutwlfin in forum Netherlands & Flanders
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Thursday, August 17th, 2006, 01:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •