Religion
    Naturalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts

Yseq.net & Yfull.com

https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-S6285/

Yseq is presently testing this subclade of R-S4458, itself one of R-Z284 I already flagged positive for, after already negative for the other one; R-S5301. Most of the results on Yfull.com are found in Götaland, except for one in Sörmland (not in Östergötland, yet approximating it) and one in Warsaw probably due to the Vasa dynasty ruling the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and the others are in America, at least one being a relative I possibly know of. So, no British results...despite the Domesday Book listing the earliest owner of our Jórvík manor having a "Swedish" name (according to the Viking Answer Lady and for lack of a better description, but we're a small outfit with an uncommon surname)? I'm guessing our branch was in either Öland or Gotland before leaving, thus explaining the lack of results for the two islands actually being passed down to us instead. I did well attending Vasa Order meetings. My grandfather's German shepherd was named Gus for a reason? LOL

Yseq confirms my original suspicions about paternal Viking DNA in Götaland, explaining much about my easy obsession with Geats and Goths. I went to much trouble down a rabbit hole in trying to establish Danish, Norwegian and Swedish connections for my clan, but Götar are situated right in the middle anyway. It makes me wonder how much of the Viking exodus was due to outside pressures from the new nation states then forming with the promotion of Roman clergy. Perhaps Geat and Goth were considered names too Heathen and Arian for the Vatican to live down, so suppressing the memories of Beowulf and Theodoric might have been why Swedes received favour instead, despite Skara being the very oldest diocese. At least that sadness of tributary state before Svealand was compensated by (re-?)acquiring "Danish" Skĺne and "Norwegian" Bohus; if there was to be a Kyrka af Götaland, Lund would be its provincial see. There is no ethnic Scanian identity that doesn't more properly belong to the land in which it belongs, even if all are Scandinavian generally.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodskarl Dubhgall For This Useful Post:

Anglomaniacal
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    United Kingdom, Canada, Netherlands
    Subrace
    Aryan
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    K
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Distribution center
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Naturalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Update:

Yseq has just now eliminated R-YP4638, so I'm now waiting on either R-BY30613 (thus far, only American results) or R-YP6270 (both Swedish and American results). Of the latter's Swedish results, it's split between Östergötland (represented by Sörmland) and Västergötland. Either way, I'm Geatish going back in the male line. I'm also looking forward to British results, but will have to wait on others to test from within England. Geats could not be represented on a national basis beyond the Vendel Period, so despite narrowing down my origin, it's a mystery as to Danish or Norwegian agency for arriving in England at this point. If the end result is Östergötland, I will accept accompaniment with Danes and if it be Västergötland, Northmen would then be equally acceptable means to journeying.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodskarl Dubhgall For This Useful Post:

Anglomaniacal
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Aryan
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    K
    Country
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Distribution center
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Naturalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-BY30613/

That South Carolina sample must be from my grandfather's cousin. It's as narrowed down as it could be now, I guess.

Anglomaniacal
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Aryan
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    K
    Country
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Distribution center
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Naturalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...name=R-BY30613

That shows participants from Scotland, Ireland and America.

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Tucker-1561

Looks like Tuckers from South Carolina carry R-BY30613, so are our kin. Alas, a much more distant cousin than I speculated.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 03:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England/Britain
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-U106>L48
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Single parent
    Politics
    Confederate
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Evidently that yfull site doesn't have all the way down to my terminal SNP listed in their haplotree.
    "Almost every name belongs to well-known families of English stock....these soldiers were of ancient American lineage"- Prof. N.S. Shaler on the 1st Kentucky "Orphan" Brigade, Confederate States Army

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KYAnglo For This Useful Post:

Anglomaniacal
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Aryan
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    K
    Country
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Distribution center
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Naturalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Yseq is supposed to post my final results to Yfull and I'm expecting them to wrap it up this week. I've now deduced that my (West) Geatish forefather lived in Bohus/Ranrike/Alfheim/Viken and fought for Norwegian Eric Bloodaxe in Northumbria. It seems there's unsung praise by Norwegians beside Egill Skallagrímsson for the Viking achievements out of the Vestfold, but Oslofjord is just that much more relevant per my DNA and the situation of Jórvík than the Trondelag. Any time I try to be fair to Denmark by putting them into the equation, it just doesn't past muster. I'm unlikely to find more specific answers about personalities and activities involved.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 03:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England/Britain
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-U106>L48
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Single parent
    Politics
    Confederate
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Unsurprisingly, most of my SNPs supposedly match English and American examples.
    "Almost every name belongs to well-known families of English stock....these soldiers were of ancient American lineage"- Prof. N.S. Shaler on the 1st Kentucky "Orphan" Brigade, Confederate States Army

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KYAnglo For This Useful Post:

Anglomaniacal
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Aryan
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    K
    Country
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Distribution center
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Naturalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    My last results are confirmed, so that's the most precise now. I'm back to square one on my theory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Lodbrok

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Heathen_Army

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U%C3%AD_%C3%8Dmair

Over 20 years ago in high school, I read my very first Norse saga besides Beowulf from middle school and learning about Erik the Red in elementary school: I discovered Ragnar Lothbrok and his sons had led the Vikings in England, as depicted in The Vikings film with Ernest Borgnine and the program on The History Channel when it came out.

They ruled Sweden as well as Denmark, overlording a Norway not yet united; which is the Ockham's Razor answer to my question as to how Swedes could get to England, rather than pure speculation about later circumstances than this known period beginning in 867, when it was actually written in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle that Ivar and brothers shared out Yorkshire.

I can't vouch for the later Swedish connection of Cnut the Great, because his Swedish lieutenant was Thorkell the Tall in East Anglia and Erik of Lade was his Norwegian lieutenant in Northumbria, making a cross-pollination rather unlikely, compared to the earlier time of Swedish-Danish kings.

Anglomaniacal
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Aryan
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    K
    Country
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Distribution center
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Naturalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    A new hit from Finland. Nevertheless, I was contacted over a week ago by a paternal cousin from Värmland through Y-DNA match, who formed a consensus with me as to Bĺhuslen being our common origin. It's not so much a case of us being Geats, but Norse having been annexed to Geatland since. We, both blood and soil, belong to Norway--whatever claims Denmark or Sweden want to make of that is irrelevant (frankly, it's a relief to think of only Norway now). YFull has Swedish flags where flags of Denmark and Norway were, in Skĺne and Bĺhus. Borders change, but blood doesn't. Since Austlandet is our home (Dalarna examples on the SNPA match every generation of men, brothers and cousins going back to my great-great-grandfather born in 1869, thanks to photos turning up in an obituary some years back), it stands to reason that we were in the orbit of Harald and sons.

If the Fairhairs had any warriors on hand to impose unification on Norway, they'd be our own forefathers. So, Bloodaxe and Hardrada would indeed have been equally useful means of embarking for Jórvík, but the closest cousins have placename surnames from Cumberland and Westmoreland on the Irish Sea, so it's quite possible that we arrived by the west coast--I know for a fact that my grandfather's parents at least left Liverpool and that my great-grandfather's paternal granduncle lived in Lancaster. You would think that all Scandinavian influence is by the North Sea and on the east coast, but the West Riding is the only part of England with an official Nordic Cross flag and Lancaster belonged to it before Lancashire was formed.

At any rate, we all cluster with the Norse of Cumbria; uncanny because my wife's maiden name is also Norse, from coastal Wigtown in Galloway on the other side of Solway Firth. Oswiu once suggested my family could have arrived in Yorkshire from the other side of the Pennines and I'm now inclined to agree with him, seeing how everything adds up (Middleham was even owned by a certain Gilpatrick in 1066). The time of settlement is said to have been coterminous with the granting of Normandy to Hrolf Ganger, in the early tenth century. This was a low-key affair and not much known about initial circumstances on this side of the Sea, but the Irish are said to have driven us out of Dublin for a time, thus setting up a joint kingdom with York.