Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Some fashion trends have never been healthy. Occasionally today, inspectors will find lead in nail polish and lip stick from Asia. Lead is a cheap softener and natural element that might be found in pigments and ground rock to produce make-up and fine powders. I refuse to buy beauty products from Asia anymore and trust European and American standards. Make-up is not very good for your face so it's best to wear little as possible to avoid contamination. There is still a debate on the safety of zinc-oxide used in base and sunscreen products. Sometimes, purses, shoes, and hats also come up "hot" with harmful chemicals. Today, it's about making money and not ignorance. Our current technologies have surpassed the older winter clothing like furs, feathers, and wool to protect from the colder climates. We can even print out animal patterns on fabrics to look "real" or enjoy soft faux furs.

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 09:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Vagrant
    Politics
    Nativism/Nationalism
    Religion
    Summum bonum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterland View Post
    Some fashion trends have never been healthy. Occasionally today, inspectors will find lead in nail polish and lip stick from Asia. Lead is a cheap softener and natural element that might be found in pigments and ground rock to produce make-up and fine powders. I refuse to buy beauty products from Asia anymore and trust European and American standards. Make-up is not very good for your face so it's best to wear little as possible to avoid contamination. There is still a debate on the safety of zinc-oxide used in base and sunscreen products. Sometimes, purses, shoes, and hats also come up "hot" with harmful chemicals. Today, it's about making money and not ignorance. Our current technologies have surpassed the older winter clothing like furs, feathers, and wool to protect from the colder climates. We can even print out animal patterns on fabrics to look "real" or enjoy soft faux furs.
    Believe it or not, several Asian countries have higher safety standards for cosmetics than America, we've fallen very, very far behind I'm afraid. Even amongst sunscreens we're in the dark ages, Europe, Canada, Australia, Japan, and even Korea have many more and *better* filters than we do - we haven't approved a new filter in over a decade (there's some pass-the-buck reasoning about this being because filters are regulated as a drug here but even that's not fully explanatory).

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 05:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Thanks for your warning. We seem to be behind in everything. You can probably get similar US products, but you have to get a prescription from the zillion dermatologists, more costs. There is one good sunblock according to doctors, Neutrogena. I used sun sports often, and they seem to work somewhat with a beach tent. We all get mildly burnt 4x"s even with beach tents and at pools, so I have a nice tan at this point. (I don't like tanning though.) I'll look for some European sunblock on the Internet if they sell it here?

The sun along the Mediterranean Coast does not equal the strength of FL, TX, and NM. These are hot States like North Africa and similar to the latitude of Egypt. Norwegians, Germans, Danes, and Poles like getting a good tan before they return to Europe. I laugh because they CAN get dark doing outdoor sports mainly like fishing, sailing, and going to the beach or parks.