Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleAxe View Post
    Hitler was a peaceful actor in WW2?
    I don't think that any of the Germanic nations had any greater love or interest in Poles at all and would have preferred that the WWI arms race hadn't led to the trenches. In the same vein, most of us would cheer de Gaulle meeting the same fate as Mussolini. The real problem had to do with the patronising invasions and occupations of the Netherlands and Scandinavia as some kind of enlightened despotism resembling petty power politics and justified by the most laughable excuses that some might say resemble American interventionism later on. That is to say, Washington seems to have learnt that trick from Berlin.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Dutch, Low German & French
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Free & Libertarian
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    How come the Allies never declared war on the USSR for committing the exact same offense as Germany by invading and occupying the other half of Poland?.
    Probably because there was a secret protocol to the 1939 Anglo-Polish treaty that specifically limited the British obligation to protect Poland to aggression from Germany. Another possible reason was that the mandarins in the Foreign Office considered the eastern borders of Poland somewhat more fluid since they had only been fixed in the treaty that ended the Polish-Soviet War less than 20 years earlier. Finally, the British expressed that they didn't exclude a reasonable settlement in Poland on ethnographic and cultural lines. It's probably why they didn't oppose the prior referendums and plebiscites in traditionally ethnic German areas and the annexation of Austria. As a world power, they held the responsibility to guarantee a balance between ethics and traditional, old-fashioned, national self interest.

Personally, I am not so sure that the Allies cared about Poland itself that much, rather about their image and reputation as a world power. Hitler had also established a precedent when he invaded Czechoslovakia, unlike the Soviets. Poland was kind of the last strike, so they were expected to take action. Had they continued to refrain from interference, their external image would have probably suffered. Declaring war on Germany was probably their intention to show that they were not doormats and that any further treaty violations would have drastic consequences.

Finally, there was probably a tactical reason. They probably couldn't defeat both Germany and the Soviet Union at once. It would also not have profited Poland if Britain had been defeated, which is what would have happened.

As for the "British and Proud" images, I haven't come across them yet so my impression hasn't been than they dominate the board. How many are we talking about? 5? 10? 100? As long as there isn't a disproportionate number of them compared to others I see no particular issue with them. Having different types of Germanic ethnicities and heritage represented could be positive for the board's image. Personally, I wasn't initially sure that I was part of the Skadi target audience and if I am to be honest it was partly due to the prevalence of NS images. While I am proud to be Germanic, I am neither NS nor German and I was under the impression that sometimes people equate Germanic with German. Nothing against Germans however the Anglosphere, the Dutch/Afrikaners and Scandinavians are no less Germanic and it is only normal that we are all proud of our heritage.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Idis For This Useful Post:

Anachronism
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    545 Posts
    The Anglo-Polish treaty was all about creating a reason for Britain to declare war on Germany, and it's likely that (((the usual suspects))) were ultimately behind it.
    [02-10, 17:07] Chlodovech: cats may have a reason for meowing too

[02-10, 17:08] renownedwolf: same reason as the missus then.. give me stuff/affection..though she doesnt need me to let her out in the garden for a poo..

[02-10, 17:09] Chlodovech: that's more than I can say of Thoreidar

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huginn ok Muninn For This Useful Post:

Yankee Yorkshireman
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Morley < Skyrack < Burghshire < Hangshire
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    K
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mill fowk
    Politics
    Liberal Party (UK)
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn View Post
    The Anglo-Polish treaty was all about creating a reason for Britain to declare war on Germany, and it's likely that (((the usual suspects))) were ultimately behind it.
    TBH, the Polish treaty was a French thing going back to Valois and Bonaparte days and yes, precisely aimed at aggravating Germany, same as the Auld Alliance with Scots pestering us English. Each was used as an insurance card to distract their Germanic enemies whenever the battlefields were unwinnable. LOL

When I say I'm American and proud, it's because of the Britishness and when I say I'm British and proud, it's because of the Germanness. There's unnatural and unnecessary daylight between us and it's not all at the feet of the Jew. That's just human nature, sad but true.

Anybody ever hear whining about "Western betrayal?"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_betrayal

I think that about sums it up here. Oh no, "poor Slavs"...lol

Retarded in mysterious ways
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Idis View Post
    Probably because there was a secret protocol to the 1939 Anglo-Polish treaty that specifically limited the British obligation to protect Poland to aggression from Germany.
    The Franco-Polish alliance was supposedly made to specifically ward off attacks from Germany, and if there indeed was such a German-specific clause to the Anglo-Polish alliance as well, it makes it all the more obvious that France and Britain's main objective was to start a war with Germany (or at the very least, keep Germany subdued), and not to uphold peace in Europe.

Another possible reason was that the mandarins in the Foreign Office considered the eastern borders of Poland somewhat more fluid since they had only been fixed in the treaty that ended the Polish-Soviet War less than 20 years earlier.
    Is that really true, though?

All of Poland's borders have been exceptionally fluid over the last thousand years. I think the primary factor that should be taken into account, is the ethnic composition of the territories in question. From what I can tell, quite a lot of the Western half of interbellum Poland was German-speaking prior to WW1 (re. 1910 census).

Finally, the British expressed that they didn't exclude a reasonable settlement in Poland on ethnographic and cultural lines. It's probably why they didn't oppose the prior referendums and plebiscites in traditionally ethnic German areas and the annexation of Austria.
    I've always found this statement odd. By what reasoning should Britain have any say in the referendum and voluntary annexation of Austria?

Personally, I am not so sure that the Allies cared about Poland itself that much, rather about their image and reputation as a world power.
    Well, the Allied reputation went completely down the drain during the German invasion of Poland, as they contributed as good as nothing to the Polish defense. A small, halfhearted French skirmish into Western Germany, and some trade in war material prior to the invasion. That's basically it, no?

It's quite obvious they were only looking for an excuse to get into a war with Germany.

Hitler had also established a precedent when he invaded Czechoslovakia, unlike the Soviets.
    Really?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Russia#Russian_SF SR_(1917–1922)

Finally, there was probably a tactical reason. They probably couldn't defeat both Germany and the Soviet Union at once. It would also not have profited Poland if Britain had been defeated, which is what would have happened.
    Although I can buy the reasoning behind the Allies not wanting to be at war with both Germany and USSR at the same time, I have a hard time understanding the reasoning why they didn't declare war on USSR first, if "peace in Europe" was their main objective. There were plenty of good reasons in the interbellum period to do so. But somehow, war with the USSR was never as tempting for the Allies as a war with Germany.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Germanic, Celtic
    Country
    England England
    State
    Sussex Sussex
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Civil Engineer
    Politics
    Right Wing
    Religion
    Norse Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenrune View Post
    I just noticed this but so many of the pics right now are these "I'm British and I'm Proud" or "These colours never run". Complete Bollocks as the saying goes in England! (of course this was a a while ago tonight but I noticed it and it made me wish to express these thoughts. I know the photos shown are random but because they came together at that time, they impelled me to want to express these ideas) .

As a disclaimer, if I could only wish that German, British, American were all on the same side throughout the 1900's and into this day, things could and should (and perhaps eventually will!) be harmonized! Without disruptive agendas imposed by enemies amongst us, perhaps this could have been a reality at this point!

Let's face the facts! The British Empire was, has been and is still controlled (unfortunately as Germany is also today!). When your nation's banking is controlled, you are controlled! To have imagery of English involvement in WWI and proclaiming "I'm proud" is an insult!. It should be an insult to even the English who were brainwashed by their pathetic leaders and media who even convinced the populace that Germany was converting their own dead soldiers into soap! (this same pathetic lie was of course recycled at the end of WWII regarding the Jews (amongst other more lasting lies!) ~ and many little monuments in many cities around the world these Jewish interest groups put up state that a bar of soap made of murdered Jews lies here as a testament of the "Nazi" barbarity! The problem is though ... that was complete BS and lies and even the Jews and "normal society" admits it now! ~ meh! most of "normal society" doesn't even know this anyway .... uninterested and unfortunately stupid (brainwashed really... they have not much chance really) people believe what they are told and would rather just rehash endless negative "Nazi" memes on Facebook than actually use their own "God-given" braincells!).

British people should instead look at real history and see the truth! Their leaders were compromised (like debt-ladden alcoholic Winston Churchill! He was bailed out of his debts by wealthy Jews who had a huge agenda to get Israel set up in Palestine (These Zionists wanted that since the 1800's and even in WWI with the Balfour Declaration there is a "hint" of that for sure). Of course there were stings attached! Destroy as many German civilians as possible with aerial bombardment! ). Churchill even said that this was not against the "Nazis" but against the German people!

People need to wake up and stop supporting WWI and WWII normal ideas! They need to realize what a sham these wars were and how the Powers-that-be (obviously powerful Jews are part of this) governed these events against Germany. The continuation of the "starvation blockade" by the British against Germany for many months after November 11, 1918 until Germany capitulated into "agreeing" to the terms of full blame for WWI and complete reparation payments (even during the 1920's when hyper-inflation made their money nearly worthless, near Bolshevik Communist takeover (ah! once again Jewish influence! [thankfully German Freikorps prevented that at that time!]) and worse affected Germany (poverty, people selling off their lands to the wealthy due to poverty, hyper-inflation and desperation, prostitution including youth prostitution [I'm sure the wealthy internationalist elites like we still have today loved these times!])

Sorry anyone who is British (and Commonwealth like I am!) ..... you should not be proud of WWI or WWII ... period! You are on the worst side and are part of the problem even into these days in 2020 when all of this BS propaganda still prevails and has affected the minds of enormous amounts of violent and delusional young people (ie young people brainwashed with "anti-fascist" BS and pro-Bolshevik Marxist ideas ... proudly waving the Soviet Union flag and freely wearing Hammer and Sickle shirts! Mostly normal people don't even seem to have a clue about how dangerous this is! Although I think a huge number of rural Americans with guns and belief and ability to use them pretty much see these Antifa and BLM globalist-funded idiots as dangerous enemies so at least there is some hope from the rural side there!)

Real and truthful History is so important! It affects the minds, attitudes and actions of current people living in the world today (when biased groups with agendas of power own your media and tell so many millions of people what to think and what to see and block everything that goes against their narrative, then there is a huge problem [hence the need for responsible, connected and caring government to control and oversee media!) . Hollywood and media has soooooo much percentage of it ruled by Jews that it is not even funny! Of course because they rule it, they can tell the majority that "this is all just so-called anti-semitic" [except when a Jew says the total opposite ~ "Who runs Hollywood? C’mon" https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...n19-story.html ] , racist, dangerous, etc . It is so important that brainwashed and guilted politicians [how many of these idiots have fallen into the "honey traps" Mossad has set up offering them sex with young teens .... ooops, but we recorded your little escapade on video ~ sorry about that - wink, wink, nudge, nudge! Total blackmail fodder] will willfully open their nations to being infiltrated by millions and millions of young (and terribly culturally pathetic) males! So many of these young males are so badly cultured [part of this is the fault of the USA and it's Neocons in the Bush era and into the Obama era with their destructive wars against these regions in Arabia ... killing millions, ruining families, destroying proper societal structure of these regions!] ... they think only about themselves and for this moment ... and our nations allow and actively promote them to come and infiltrate our lands!! This is complete crap! They promote it as "oh we are such nice people that we welcome all of these unknown random strangers who are mostly young males .... well we aren't "Nazis" ... we're good , caring people!" That's the huge problem right there ... all of these people brainwashed into "virtue signaling" to be "nice". Well I'm sure some "nice person" opened the gate to let the Trojan Horse into the city of Troy too!

Anyway, back to the original time-frame... the British (not just them of course ... Americans, Canadians, and everyone involved in WWII) need to have a huge and serious revelation about WWII or we will have this same BS propaganda go on and affect our societies and western Civilization for a long time. Unfortunately , we still have such a huge attachment of protecting this biased view of WWII ( it is a complete psychological issue) . People on the winning sides (of course with the constant pushing from Jewish-owned mass media and endless Hollywood movies) will not and cannot even acknowledge the concepts that they were wrong (and they were far more evil than the so-called "Nazis") and that they believe in huge amounts of BS lying propaganda!

Sadly as was then, like during these times, the general populace is so easily brainwashed into thinking anything! If I could wish one thing .... I would wish upon all of humanity to be extremely suspicious of mainstream media (if they could see it like I do as controlled by wealthy and not helpful elites)! That would be my most helpful wish I think. I think it would solve so many problems inflicted upon humanity!

I am British, a young one, come from the '90s, well, at that time schools were still acceptable in front of what they are today but, for the WW2 crap story, yes, It was the same as today, the only thing is that today they did not teach it anymore, they usually say that nazis was bad, british/americans were the heroes of the situation and bla bla bla. As you say, that was all BS.
    Now, a corious thing: some times ago I read a book written by an italian religion study occultist, who sayd, with the support of the american jewish cultural association, most of them from the major jewish universities, that the creation of the "state of Israel" was planned long ago, ad it is present in the Bible. There are, for who has read that book, many passages who explain the thing, but one in particular is very interesting for me: it sais, basically, that to have the right to possess an independent state, the state of Israel, there must be a sacrifice. Now, if we go deep in the holocaust thing, we can take the 6 milions of jewish peoples, (if they were 6 milions, of course, it's all hypothetical at this point) we can see the thing as a sort of sacrifice, a sacrifice, also, of one specific part of the jewish tribes. You know that jewish peoples are not all the same, they are divided in tribes, at the bible times (in war between themselves), and still today. Now we know that the majority of jewish peoples killed by the nazis were Ashkenazi, or, those jewish tribes who settled in central Europe, Germany mostly, Poland, France, ecc. The "saviors", americans first, were instead Sionists, or another group of jews. In the Bible there is a passage where there is a clear writing about a "sacrifice" of, almost, 6 millions of jews, to give to all the jews tribes the right to have, finally, the so called "promised land", the state of Israel.
    I know that many BS goes around the WW2 holocaust thing but, I think that this "Bible prediction" collime with some hystorical evidences, jewish machinations behind the "big governments". I personally do not hate simple jewish peoples, like some communities in Poland or here in Britain who, most of the time, express right wing opinions, they are simple peoples as the others. The real problems are those "Big Jews" behind filanthropist organizations, deep in the American congress, economic societies, banks ecc, those peoples are the problem, they can buy everything and everyone. Anyway it's not simple resume this concept in a few words, but some still do studies about this "side face" of the history.

Many in my family have faught in booth the WWs, I'm proud for what they have done as soldiers but not to have "win". What do have we win at the end? The privilege to be the N°1 dog of the United (Sionist Taken) States?

Oh, another thing, but of anthropological view, do all this big jewish fishes despise themselves? Why they always marry ladies of germanic descent? Swedish, German, Dutch models ecc, are they try to "wash" theyr own "race"? I always had this impression.
    It's courious how a little group of goat harvest tribes have gone so far isn't it?

For the Mass Media problem, well, I think that the more they press us to accept their "law", the more peoples begin to wake up. That's all, we need to wake up before the extinction.

Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 03:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Vagrant
    Politics
    Nativism/Nationalism
    Religion
    Summum bonum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts
    What constructive point could this possibly have? "You shouldn't be proud of being British until you unilaterally adopt my interpretation of World War events"? Begrudging a people from finding some element of national pride in past conflicts is purely a dark path.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coillearnach For This Useful Post:

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 05:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Occupation
    Thrower of Rocks
    Politics
    Counter-Semitism
    Religion
    Pre-Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Ravenrune, first off, a little revision:

WWI was not started out of some vast conspiracy. It started due to the problems coming from the decrepit Austro-Hungarian state and Germany was foolishly chained to it. Initially, finance capital was not actually unanimously opposed to Germany. The Marxistic parties in Germany actually supported the war effort in this war at first because their prime enemy was the Tsar in Russia (the most anti-semitic regime in Europe at the time). Once the Tsar's government was destroyed (ironically, Germany sent Lenin to Russia to aid in knocking them out of the war, this paid off with Brest-Litovsk), international finance capital began to move against Germany. The cunning David Lloyd George made a bargain with the devil in issuing the Balfour declaration, and manipulations were made to bring America into the war to finish off Germany. At the same time, the Marxistic parties quite literally stabbed their nation in the back by implementing various strikes in munitions factories that ultimately led to the deaths of thousands of their kinsfolk on the front lines, and aided in the German defeat. Don't whitewash it, because WWI is extremely nuanced.

In WWII, Hitler was ironically guilty of some of the same critiques he made against the Reich in WWI, diplomacy-wise. A lot of what Norman Pride said is accurate, with respect to there being such mistakes. Also, don't moralize the diplomatic situation too much - a lot of a Realpolitik was involved here, the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact is one such example.

Personally, I am not so sure that the Allies cared about Poland itself that much, rather about their image and reputation as a world power. Hitler had also established a precedent when he invaded Czechoslovakia, unlike the Soviets. Poland was kind of the last strike, so they were expected to take action. Had they continued to refrain from interference, their external image would have probably suffered. Declaring war on Germany was probably their intention to show that they were not doormats and that any further treaty violations would have drastic consequences.
    This is such a massive cope.

Churchill and his bellicosity is responsible for the disintegration of the British Empire and the ultimate fracturing of Anglo-Saxon identity. He left Australia to fend for itself against Japan (famously, then-PM Sir Robert Menzies would make an emergency trip to London to attempt to dissuade him), which began breaking the ties between dominion and Motherland. India was lost within a few years of "winning" the war, and the African colonies began to fall like dominoes. France experienced the same thing - try as he might, de Gaulle had ultimately served the wrong master and was powerless to prevent what befell his nation.

It's actually bittersweet to have seen Churchill buried behind his own iron curtain, considering this is the world he fought so hard to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    How come the Allies never declared war on the USSR for committing the exact same offense as Germany by invading and occupying the other half of Poland?

Also after the end of WW2, Britain and France didn't seem to be very fussed about Poland remaining under USSR occupation for some 45 years. Really weird military alliance, I must say.
    I think we both know it's because both were heavily controlled by the usual suspects. Allied moralizing of WWII is the most pathetic of all. The thousands of White Russians and Cossacks sent to their deaths life-imprisonment in Gulags as part of trade at the end of WWII shows just how "humanitarian" the "good guys" were.

I do find hyper-germanophilia extremely distasteful. It is quite often an inverse parody of the evangelical worship of jews. It's a sign of intellectual immaturity to be unable to separate admiration for a certain idea or movement from its own context. Hitler was an Anglophile, but didn't seek to implement English cultural mores in Germany. He also never faulted the French for believing it was in their ethnic interested to avoid a united Germany on their border. Do I disagree with the political reasons and end result of both world wars? Yes. However, I respect the fact that my ancestors across the globe answered the call to arms ostensibly for their Motherland, and fought tenaciously and earned the respect of their enemies in doing so. They thought they were fighting for their King and Country, and it's their evil leaders who manipulated this most healthy instinct and twisted it into evil ends. These people should have been hanged, and they're mistakes we have to avoid going forward.

But also, never forget that William Joyce (Lord Haw-Haw, Germany Calling) had 6 million regular listeners in the UK, that Churchill was never elected to war-time PM and was in fact immediately voted out in the first post-WWII elections - "stink weed" wasn't really all that popular (graffiti made by soldiers at Ely Cathedral in 1941/42):

White American soldiers also found their racial instincts hardened by their experiences in WWII, and in fact, ended up in deadly fights with their negro "comrades" who wished to go on raping sprees (one good example happened in Asperg, Bavaria). The same galvanizing trend occurred with of US troops expressing anti-semitic opinions during the war. 56% of Americans in 1945 believed that jews had too much influence in society.

It's indeed questionable what fate would have befallen the Poles and Eastern Slavs like the Ukrainians, had Germany won the war - I agree. In actuality IDGAF though, because the sentence meted out to Germany after WWII and the ideological consequences have been extended to us also. Recall the docu-miniseries The Century of the Self covering the jewish psychoanalysts (literally Freud's ilk) turning their subversive weapon against the ordinary American and the rest of the West in the immediate aftermath of the war, bringing about what we have now. Their thesis is that at any given moment, we're all ready to rise up and redact six hundred trillion red sea pedestrians, and thus should be exterminated. But you need to find a way to love your people, as a nationalist, and look past ethnic fetishes and overly extreme historical moralizing and guilt assignment. Rhetorically, this extremely important.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rędwald For This Useful Post:

Yankee Yorkshireman
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Morley < Skyrack < Burghshire < Hangshire
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    K
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mill fowk
    Politics
    Liberal Party (UK)
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    The only reason why Britain joined France in dealings with Poland has to go back to the Franco-Prussian War, Schleswig Wars and Austro-Prussian War, when the Bonapartes were sheltered in much the same way that the Bourbons were during the French Revolutionary Wars. Prussia alienated Britain with the annexations of Schleswig and Hanover, destroying the previous Anglo-German consensus. Britain was trying to get our ancestral settlement with Saxony (Prince Albert) and Denmark (now through the likes of Prince Philip) reconstructed by a series of dynastic entanglements, but Prussia was in the way and so, being shut out of Europe, shifted focus to India, which had a vacancy for the Sultanate and Queen Victoria took it, thus achieving equality with Prussia at the head of Germany.

By the time of WWI, there was then no more hope of reclaiming position in Germany and the Royal family changed their name to Windsor. Due to the treachery of disloyal resident Royals choosing Prussia, they were disinherited and further machinations with the Führer in WWII resulted in the bombing of Dresden out of frustration with them. Basically, if England couldn't have Saxony, nobody else could and special provisions were made for the State of Hanover during Allied occupation.

Anybody complaining about British involvement in German lands has to see it in the context of others like the Prussian relationship with Brandenburg, or the Luxemburg and Austrian relationship with Bohemia and any other seemingly contentious point of inheritance. However, while the British inheritance of Hanover and Saxony was indeed monarchical and therefore claimed as arbitrary by some post-Kaiser nationalists in Germany, it wasn't as such as Habsburg Spain. Angevins in France surely extended English interests beyond the ethnic realm, for even if Normandy could arguably be a part of English interests, not so the whole country and this reached boiling point with Bloody Mary.

With the execution of Charles for treason, for Franco-Scottish intrigues at the expence of England, deliberate choice of constitutional monarch was made by Parliament with ethnic consideration, hence the replacement of the Jacobites with William of Orange as husband of Mary, the marriage of George of Denmark and Norway to Anne and the Electress Sophia being made heiress upon their failure to produce heirs. George I married his cousin Sophia and George II married Caroline from the Prussian Royal family; George III's mother Augusta was Saxon and come time for his sons to wed, George IV may had as wife cousin Caroline, but their daughter chose the Saxon Leopold of Belgium, then William IV chose Saxon Adelaide, then Prince Edward Island's namesake chose Saxon Victoria and their daughter Victoria chose Saxon Albert--hardly accidental. All the time and effort spent on Saxony seemed to go nowhere in the face of Prussia, so Edward VII wed Alexandra of Denmark and George V wed Mary of the Württemberg dynasty, which wasn't enthusiastic about Prussian rule of Germany, so Britain feeling treated as an outsider to Germany like Holland and Denmark by this time, but with the resources in India to compete with Prussia in Germany, chose to do so.

The Triple Alliance was the rationale for the Triple Entente, with the Anglo-French Crimean War cooperation beforehand showing a more Western relationship, the basis for WWI. Look at this funny thing:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-British_Union

Imagine instead, there was a Germano-British Union, that Prussia still existed as a separate country and India never rose above its status as a goldmine for the Company.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    307 Posts
    I wouldn't say there is a legitimate point in telling people it's faux for them to be proud of their nation's heritage and/or history on the basis of a part of their past which might mar that feeling. The very idea of national pride is what obstructs the Left's utopical to create a "new human" in a "global village".

That's essentially why people hostile to preservation of our racial, cultural and ethnic heritage also tend to try and instill a guilt complex into all of us. Whether it's slavery, colonialism, the concentration camps or the American 'drive west into Native land':

They want any form of negative ancestral behaviour connect with that to be the "founding myth": that which must not be challenged in any form. It's sacrosanct, even saying it's not important to you personally will get you in sincere trouble. And people will let it happen to them if they don't realise the guilt complex is the problem rather than the factual question that is a matter of the historians.

We must move away from the idea that it matters whether ancestral period X was peaceful or violent. We have no choice but accept our nation's heritage for good or for ill anyway and take a positive outlook therefrom. Also, it's for example perfectly possible to even differentiate in an era.

For example, I know several people who heavily disagree with the German NS era, but who at the same time hold the efforts of their grandfathers in the Wehrmacht in high regard, because they were proud and brave men regardless of the banner under which they fought.

As such, there can never be too many pictures saying "I'm German/British/Dutch/Norwegian/etc. and proud". Details are always open to discussion, but let's remember that the enemies of our folk of all types want us to squabble about these questions and let it hamper our healthy relationship towards our own nation.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast