Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you proud to be German? Germans on the streets answer.

Whamen Respekter
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 02:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post
    It would probably make the interviewer confused if so-and-so responded with being a proud Saxon, Bavarian or Prussian.
    I doubt it. Most of the Germans I've come across have had little issues with showing pride in their regional origin. It's the German identity that seems harder to swallow for some of them.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    Any particular reason you didn't just say German, again?

And what is that supposed to mean?
    If they can't handle "German", what frame of reference do they have for comprehending tribal building blocks making the very Germany they despise? It took many types of German to make a single state, with a central government most were not used to. Whether or not there was universal sentiment for the way Germany united, or how federal policies were conducted afterward, it didn't appear out of thin air as some ethnically interchangeable infrastructure (like Weimar?) and credit must be given to the people(s) who worked it out to a measurable degree of success, for a time, as one proud nation.

If they find "German" bad, just picture their heart attacks or strokes at pan-Germanic association trumping their assumed blatant post-racial biases, as if Germans shouldn't relate with Dutch and English because of the common affirmation we experience and instead, just seek out exotic fetishes. If they want to argue that the default sentiment ought to be negative about how one feels about being German (and typically predicated on WWII, if not also WWI), then pose the question why the French have anything to be proud about considering Napoleon, if they want to cry about Hitler, since one legacy paved the way for the other. All the leftists care about with the problem of "evil" in criminal pathology, is getting to the root of whatever it is to stop it before it starts, so if they say Germany is evil, the way history went down wouldn't have happened without France ultimately being at fault--or so it should seem, if they were to be fair. It should not be too much to assume most West Germanics can unite in saying; "f*** France", save for lacking basic patriotism at all. Anything France is on about is just grand, but if any of us are in any way so inclined (for say, radically restructuring government), then it's somehow not cricket. If the French Jacobins can get away with the Reign of Terror, why couldn't German Nazis get away with the "Holocaust"? If Hitler is just the German Napoleon, I wonder who is the German Robespierre. I could go on about the Cromwellian parallel and Irish crybabies, but just name-dropping it should be fine. Of course, Lenin and Stalin aren't excuses used by the Kremlin for Russians to practice self-flagellation, but why not?

My post extended the same respect for German internal and external relations as it would appear seems unwarranted to the politically correct in regarding merely Germany in the space between. For myself, I support the existence of the various sub-Germans in harmony with Germany holding them together as I do West Germanics with Germany. It seems too much to ask some people to have this wide perspective in mind, of positivity across the board and without question. That is the point of my previous post, in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    I doubt it. Most of the Germans I've come across have had little issues with showing pride in their regional origin. It's the German identity that seems harder to swallow for some of them.
    What about blut und boden voelkisch feelings about one's tribe? That's where I stand mostly on matters and not to slight Germany as put to good purpose for a collective voice when surrounded by enemies, but what you're noticing is largely avoidance of Germany for its volkisch connotations, rather than embracing the tribes for the very same. After all, Germany is a conglomerate, even if a (Prussian) hostile takeover like in a corporation. It as a state could hardly be said to have existed despite there long being a Kingdom of Germany within the original Reich, subordinated as such concerns were always to Italy and the Papal States. The Rheinbund put all that aside, made easier by the Corsican relationship between France and Italy as a world apart. That was, of course, before the Axis reconnected Germany and Italy all over again. Maybe that was the only real problem, at least, IMHO.

Of course, Germany being at the heart of the EU means that its policies are felt more at home. For instance, one problem of EU overreach in England was excessive regionalism, promoted by Brussels. Perhaps it would have been fine had the Heptarchy borders been resurrected for England, but not artificial novelties and electoral constituencies unrelated to English tradition, which included carving up the shires and recombining them in horrendous fashions. In Germany, perhaps not enough organic regionalism is at hand like complained about in England, because it too would frustrate EU desires to divide and conquer everybody, with only international, post-racial loyalty to world government aspirations irrespective of any semblance of real community. Post-modernism seems rife with societal atomization to the point where each person is an individual before the world and thus, all are expected to be "Earth citizens" rather than pride themselves in family and tribe before the wider nation-state and metaethnic relations, before general Indo-Europeanism, before any possible racial continentalism, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12