Single adult
    Politics
    to every man a woman of his race
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Vulnerable Workers Bombarded By Perverts While Looking For Jobs

https://10daily.com.au/amp/news/australia/a200413abjkf/vulnerable-workers-bombarded-by-perverts-while-looking-for-jobs-20200414

Dozens of women who have posted ads looking for work on Gumtree say they have been flooded with sexual harassment instead of job offers – and some have been brought to tears by disturbing phone calls asking for sex.

Svea Martin said she is still being bombarded with lewd sexual offers two months after deleting her job advertisement that she posted while looking for waitressing work.The German backpacker told 10 daily she's considering changing her number and has been brought to tears by phone calls asking for sex.

lol. Why am I not surprised by this at all? I bet many of the men making the offers are insiders with plenty of connections that claim to respect women and hate incels.

Also, I bet most of those girls, like that German one, look typically Nordic too.

This is one of the many reasons young women should not be allowed to travel.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gegenschlag For This Useful Post:

6th army lives matter
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,534 Posts
    I suppose this happens to all women looking for a low paid job online on anything less than professional & official job ad websites, just to make ends meet, although even governmental websites aren't probably completely free of such caddishness.

There are also no doubt guys going out of their way to target (or prey on) specifically women and backpackers looking to make some money fast. These men could be anyone: from the pathetic yet harmless to pyschopaths & serial murderers, so there are big risks involved. It's disgraceful on the men's part at any rate.

It also goes to show how soon single women are reduced to sex work in deteriorating economic situations in the modern day world, with the answers to these questionable "job offers" ultimately depending on how hungry and cold the women are. If the alternative is starving, even though more honorable, most rational human beings would go with not starving, whatever not starving may entail.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenschlag
    Also, I bet most of those girls, like that German one, look typically Nordic too.
    She needs to go to a German consulate or embassy ASAP if her situation worsens. Surely there's an emergency plan for expats. I don't know about Australia, but there are zero jobs for waitresses in my country right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 10daily
    Fraser said the pair can't fly back to London because they'd have to self-isolate for two weeks without income and have nowhere to go.

"We can't pay for the flight. We're going to be homeless soon at this rate," she said.

I'm at the point now where I'd probably take a job for half the minimum wage and if I went to a farm and there was a creepy farmer I'd probably put up with it.
    Same advice, but also: can't family or friends help out? I suppose they would gladly transfer some money into their bank accounts rather than see them become destitute.

Backpacking around that age, and especially as a woman, seems dangerous and foolish, at least without a solid plan and arranging work before departure. It could go right and be amazing or it could just as easily become a nightmare - you're making your own bed by gambling with your future this way. What a crazy idea it is to go to a foreign country without money. To be fair: many of the women in this article are simply the victims of an (economic) crisis that did not exist prior to March, a global disaster is not exactly something you figure into your holiday plans.

And at least we're talking about Australia here. Outside of the West I can see these women easily end up in the hands of human traffickers and modern day slavetraders if they meet the wrong people. There are no doubt backpackers in Thailand as well, where there are huge fines and even prison sentences for not wearing mouth masks. Good luck with finding some temporary work over there right now as a backpacker.
    “As brothers and sisters we knew instinctively that if we were going to stand in darkness, best we stand in a darkness we had made ourselves.” - Douglas Coupland

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts
    Unfortunately, I've personally heard of much worse cases than being bombarded with raunchy messages online. Some women even end up in forced prostitution and trafficking, especially among the young women in Central and Eastern Europe. They get lured with fake, attractive, well paid job offers in the West from "professional", legitimate looking recruitment agencies. The job is usyually advertised as something like modeling, selling cosmetics at the mall, waitressing or bartending or even something more "innocent" like hairstyling, babysitting, au pair or maid. Some of the employers promise to cover the travel documents, flights, rent and other expenses, which lures the young women to travel without enough money or any money at all. Once they arrive, they're picked up by the employers and only later it's revealed to them the job is actually a sex industry job. Some take away their documents and passports and they find themselves alone in a foreign country, stranded without help and money. They're also told they owe back the travel costs, which are usually hundreds to thousand of Euros which they don't have. In the most extreme cases they are beaten up and forced against their will, threatened to have their families at home harmed if they don't comply. In other cases they get gradually groomed into it, bribed with makeup, clothes and other things, leading them to believe their host is generous. Some don't have to prostitute themselves but instead become domestic servants or manual labourers. Sadly sometimes it also happens to minors (usually 16 year olds). I'm not sure how they manage to get them out of the country without the parent's consent, maybe they have connections and apply for passports where they fake their age. But the younger they are, the more preferable the targets. They endure systematic physical and psychological abuse and once they're in, it's hard to get them out. They're typically surveilled and watched and they lack the courage to try to run away and adventure themselves into the unknown, without any documents or money. Despite their earnings, they never get to see the money because it's always withheld as a reimbursement for their "debts" and living costs. They're kept for as long as they are still considered attractive and can earn something, after which they're sold to someone else or thrown on the streets.

There are also disguised as online matrimonial offers, for example "nice clean girls, preferably blondes with blue eyes, sought for marriage by good-looking German/Austrian/Italian/Spanish etc. men". Not all of the victims get recruited through such online offers though. Some establish their trust by approaching one of the victim's friends or family members, which makes the offer even more trustworthy. They also use men (called "lover boys"), who establish the trust of the young girls, become their boyfriends and lure them to come with them and built a new, rosy life abroad. They promise marriage and to take care of them and they treat them well for a few months, taking them to fancy, expensive places and buying them fancy things. So the girls trust them and accompany them abroad, where the boyfriend forces them into the sex trade and threatens to beat them or sells them directly to someone else. It's sad that women are objectified to this degree. It's also a result of feminism and pushing women into the workforce from young ages. And of course the economic crisis which is now spreading in the West as well due to the Coronavirus measures, forcing peoples to do more desperate measures.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siebenbürgerin For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 4th, 2021 @ 04:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    United States United States
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    I don't think women should be backpacking with these global problems. I rarely dated on-line as a precaution since I live in a large metropolitan area knowing the problems in human trafficking and murder rates in the Southern part of the US. In addition, you have language barriers, diseases and sanitary issues past Covid-19 both in Asia and Central America along with differing male-dominance cultures. There are strong drug and trafficking trades throughout Russia, Mexico, Caribbean and Middle East who increase their wealth immensely through kidnapping and the sex industry. These are not just rumors.