One with Nature
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Dacian (Moldavia, Transylvania) & German (Buchenland, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    477 Posts

Germans in Norway

I am curious what both Norwegians and Germans, eventually others too, think about this topic.

The Third Reich had some plans with Norway... and now?

What do you think about Germans living in Norway? Do you consider them immigrants like any others? Or...?

Share your thoughts!

I'm curious especially what Germans have to say about these... Do Germans here consider they have the right to move to Norway as they wish, as if it was their own land? Or not really? Explain!

(I know some here would consider to be perfectly fine if Germans would take over territories in central or Eastern Europe... but what about Norway?)
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

The Germanic Orthodoxy
    Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 01:15 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts
    Strange question. Obviously, only native Norwegians have any right to Norway.

If Germans or other Germanics (save other Scandinavians, I guess) wish to migrate to Norway this should be kept to a minimum and they should try to assimilate.

I would consider this a general rule but for the relatively small populations of Scandinavia, that's an even more important rule to preserve their identity.

Nevertheless, Germans or other Germanics are still preferable migrants to any other group.
    And the day they sold us out, Our hearts grew cold
    'Cause we were never asked, No brother, we were told!
    What do they know of Europe, Who only Europe know?

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Juthunge For This Useful Post:

Secure a future for Germanic children
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Víđálfr View Post
    What do you think about Germans living in Norway? Do you consider them immigrants like any others? Or...?
    I consider them immigrants. Norway is Norwegian and Scandinavian, not German.

Are they like any others? It depends who you compare them to. They're not as alien as Somalis or Arabs, for example, but they're more distant than Swedes or Danes would be. They're still Germanic and adaptable in theory tough. If it were the other way around and a Norwegian came to Germany, the Norwegian could integrate by learning to speak German and having German children. I think Germans in Norway should do the same. Learn Norwegian and respect the rules of Norwegian society. Many Germanics are able to adapt and don't cause a lot of trouble in other Germanic lands. But that doesn't mean that hordes of them are beneficial to another Germanic country. If Germanics immigrated en masse throughout their countries we would be losing our individual nations.

I'm curious especially what Germans have to say about these... Do Germans here consider they have the right to move to Norway as they wish, as if it was their own land? Or not really? Explain!
    Nobody has the "right" to move to another country as they wish, as that country doesn't belong to them but to the natives. It's like having the "right" to put your tent up in someone else's yard or garden. Each country has the right to bar entry of any foreigners, at any time, for any reason.

In addition, I consider it should be a country's duty to keep its cititzens from emigrating in masses. There should be quotas for both immigration and emigration and people should be carefully selected according to skills and need. While some people have legitimate reasons to emigrate, truthfully many just emigrate for economic reasons or out of boredom. Today many immigrants are an economic burden. They live on welfare and have no skills that could get them a job. So in the end it's the natives who suffer and get taxed to death so that the state can fund them.

It's also negative for the home country if hordes of people emigrate. The more people emigrate, especially the young and capable, the more the country has to suffer. Not only the economy but also the birth rates. Our countries shouldn't have to replace the negative demographics with aliens.

It's also a question of attitude. An immigrant should never lecture natives about what to do with their country or what's best for them. The immigrant needs to take a humble attitude and accept that he's a guest there.

(I know some here would consider to be perfectly fine if Germans would take over territories in central or Eastern Europe... but what about Norway?)
    Maybe so, but that might be different because Eastern Europe isn't Germanic. A Germanicist supports the interest of Germanics all over the world, not the interests of foreigners. And which territoriest? Because some territories in Central or Eastern Europe are stolen Germanic land occupied by Slavs (former East Prussia, part of Poland and Czechia, etc). In some of those areas it wasn't the Germans who immigrated but the Slavs who stole the land and their possessions. In fact, many Germans from those areas were expelled and had to take refuge in Germany after the war.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bärin For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    immigrant = a person who has come to a different country in order to live there permanently.

So yes. They are immigrants. I'd say they would be preferable to non-Germanics and non-Europeans, but that doesn't change the fact that they are what they are.

While I believe that mass immigration from different countries should generally be avoided, there are a few cases where it could be beneficial. For example, Germany has a low birthrate and aging population. An injection of German youth from other countries or enclaves could therefore be advantageous. However, it would have to be of good genetic stock and easily assimilable culturally speaking. So no "German-Americans" with a German great-grandparent and a German shepherd dog who can't speak a word of German.

One with Nature
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Dacian (Moldavia, Transylvania) & German (Buchenland, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtengel View Post
    "German-Americans" with (...) a German shepherd dog
    Probably the funniest thing I read in a while...

Interesting and reasonable answers, thank you all! I'm looking forward to read the opinions of more members here. Also, it would be interesting if you could make some connections also to the plans The Third Reich had about Norway, and what's your stance about that, if they should have continued or not, and if it should be continued in one way or another or not. Just being curious what you think also about this.
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

Germanique extraordinaire
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 01:49 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    789 Posts
    I worked for a while on a farm in Norway which was owned and managed by three German families. Even though they had lived there for around 10-15 years, they said they still felt sort of "on the side" of the surrounding community. Not that they were badly treated, but that they didn't feel a part of Norwegian society in the same way that native Norwegians were. Even most of their friends were other Germans and some Dutch people who also had immigrated to Norway.

It was a bit of a special place, kind of a German colony in the heart of the Norwegian countryside. Most of the people who worked there came from German- or Dutch-speaking places, and the talk around the dinner table usually turned from English to German after a few minutes. Being the only Norwegian there, it basically felt like being abroad.

I think Germans who immigrate to Norway always will have a sense of being an outsider, to different degrees, depending on how much they integrate and how well they sustain their own language, culture and customs. Even after living in Sweden for almost three years, I don't feel a part of Sweden in the same way a native Swede would. There's always certain cultural references I don't get, and specific things about growing up in Sweden that I can't relate to as the common Swede does, as well as tiny bits of subtle subconscious customary cues which go over my head all the time. I think this would be even more pronounced for a German living in Norway.

What were the supposed plans of the Third Reich for Norway?
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations