Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Hello

  1. #11
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,099
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    185
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Welcome Starcatherus. Unlike some, you will find me a kindred spirit of yours about religion and politics. I'm not a fan of Nietzsche, Evola or de Benoist. My nationalism and raison d'etre come entirely from Anglocentric sources, so am an ardent promoter of Cromwellians, Orangists and Hanoverians, meaning Protestant Germanic Unionism rather than Jacobite obsequiousness to Rome and Romance countries. Otherwise, I would prefer Asgard over Olympus in the same way and don't really care about Christianity. Dixon and Nelson are both North English Scandinavian patronyms used in Gaelic lands by Protestants.

  2. #12
    Extended Moderation

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Last Online
    Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scandinavian, Celtic, Western European
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    this and that
    Politics
    Aryan
    Religion
    Orlog
    Posts
    24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    That's interesting, because I thought Dixon originated on the continent, not in Britain. We assumed mother's side were Dutchmen because of how tall the men are. If you were originally from the Lexington area, then we're probably cousins.

    Name:  ethnicity.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  29.6 KB

    We assumed the Scandinavian was because they founded many cities and married the Celts. The Western Euro seemed a fit for Dutch ancestry, but maybe Dixon isn't Dutch and our Nelsons weren't Irish. I don't know what to make of that great great grandparent from Eastern Europe, nobody seems to know anything about that. It could be static.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    velvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 03:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Gender
    Age
    46
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Posts
    4,999
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,295
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,414
    Thanked in
    623 Posts
    Welcome to the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starcatherus View Post
    Again, I completely disagree. Germanic Nationalism began with Protestantism. That the reformation took on a christian veneer is accidental history.
    Yes indeed. Unfortunately Luther folded before the pressure, if Germany had achieved what the Scandinavian countries achieved with taking on Protestanism (that is, kick out Vatican, the Pope and Roman law) and making their kings "head of church", church and christianity had been removed from Germanic Europe by ~1600 or so. That it dragged on was a real tragedy in many ways.

    Not many people get that this indeed was a first sign of the reawakening German Soul, even if it was beaten down again and didnt succeed.

    __________________

    And Mr Terminus, do you really need to derail a hello-thread with your rants just because someone mentioned the mythus? Srsly^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Terminus
    Rosenberg said the greatest thing in Germany was the myth. John F. Kennedy said otherwise. The great enemy of the truth is the myth.
    So now Kennedy speaks for Germany? I disagree that he even has a right to comment.
    And you still havent understood what "Mythus" actually is (and why Rosenberg intentionally chose this spelling and not the 'correct' mythos). You still dissect half-sentences out of context, then go to read Plato, before you read Rosenberg's sentence to its end, or probably you even dont. You will never understand what Rosenberg did, what he was talking about, because you dont even listen. You're obsessed with creating a context that wasnt there, wasnt intended, and actually often even was a 'point of critique' that should be overcome and not maintained.

    Every Volk needs a Mythus that connects the living with those who came before them. Myth is what speaks to the Soul. "Reason" is for ants without a creative thought. Myth is what creates art, not reason. And we, NS, Rosenberg, wanted to 'update' our own, German Mythus. We wanted to write our history anew, with the rebirth through NS incorporated. Your obsession with connecting NS to nonexistent, ancient Greek "philosophies" is really annoying. You also dont understand that Hitler's religion/belief (it really wasnt "religion" at all) was Natural Law. Everything was derived from Nature, how things are ordered in Nature, how Race is part of Nature and how everything goes downhill when you work against Nature and Natural Law.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

    my signature

  4. #14
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,099
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    185
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcatherus View Post
    That's interesting, because I thought Dixon originated on the continent, not in Britain. We assumed mother's side were Dutchmen because of how tall the men are. If you were originally from the Lexington area, then we're probably cousins.

    Name:  ethnicity.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  29.6 KB

    We assumed the Scandinavian was because they founded many cities and married the Celts. The Western Euro seemed a fit for Dutch ancestry, but maybe Dixon isn't Dutch and our Nelsons weren't Irish. I don't know what to make of that great great grandparent from Eastern Europe, nobody seems to know anything about that. It could be static.
    Don't you know the meaning of these lyrics?



    My kin are from the Mountains, my in-laws from the Bluegrass and I am in Kentuckiana daily, like my favourite electric-acoustic band seen in '98:



    Feel free spirited on Skadi and nevermind the dogmatics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starcatherus View Post
    That's interesting, because I thought Dixon originated on the continent, not in Britain. We assumed mother's side were Dutchmen because of how tall the men are. If you were originally from the Lexington area, then we're probably cousins.

    Name:  ethnicity.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  29.6 KB

    We assumed the Scandinavian was because they founded many cities and married the Celts. The Western Euro seemed a fit for Dutch ancestry, but maybe Dixon isn't Dutch and our Nelsons weren't Irish. I don't know what to make of that great great grandparent from Eastern Europe, nobody seems to know anything about that. It could be static.
    So, you thought of yourself as Dutch-Irish because of your parents being Dixon and Nelson? Dixon is not that far from Dickinson and very similar to Nixon in construction. My grandfather's aunt was a Nelson from the West Riding and I usually joked about us being related to the hero of Trafalgar, but Lord Nelson was an East Anglian.

    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Welcome to the forum.



    Yes indeed. Unfortunately Luther folded before the pressure, if Germany had achieved what the Scandinavian countries achieved with taking on Protestanism (that is, kick out Vatican, the Pope and Roman law) and making their kings "head of church", church and christianity had been removed from Germanic Europe by ~1600 or so. That it dragged on was a real tragedy in many ways.

    Not many people get that this indeed was a first sign of the reawakening German Soul, even if it was beaten down again and didnt succeed.

    __________________

    And Mr Terminus, do you really need to derail a hello-thread with your rants just because someone mentioned the mythus? Srsly^^



    So now Kennedy speaks for Germany? I disagree that he even has a right to comment.
    And you still havent understood what "Mythus" actually is (and why Rosenberg intentionally chose this spelling and not the 'correct' mythos). You still dissect half-sentences out of context, then go to read Plato, before you read Rosenberg's sentence to its end, or probably you even dont. You will never understand what Rosenberg did, what he was talking about, because you dont even listen. You're obsessed with creating a context that wasnt there, wasnt intended, and actually often even was a 'point of critique' that should be overcome and not maintained.

    Every Volk needs a Mythus that connects the living with those who came before them. Myth is what speaks to the Soul. "Reason" is for ants without a creative thought. Myth is what creates art, not reason. And we, NS, Rosenberg, wanted to 'update' our own, German Mythus. We wanted to write our history anew, with the rebirth through NS incorporated. Your obsession with connecting NS to nonexistent, ancient Greek "philosophies" is really annoying. You also dont understand that Hitler's religion/belief (it really wasnt "religion" at all) was Natural Law. Everything was derived from Nature, how things are ordered in Nature, how Race is part of Nature and how everything goes downhill when you work against Nature and Natural Law.
    Velvet, thank you very much for your uplifting statements. I wish many more had your temperament and clarity on these issues. Very encouraging, so let's hope Star will long remain amongst us...

  5. #15
    Extended Moderation

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Last Online
    Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scandinavian, Celtic, Western European
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    this and that
    Politics
    Aryan
    Religion
    Orlog
    Posts
    24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post
    So, you thought of yourself as Dutch-Irish because of your parents being Dixon and Nelson?
    Yeah, and because how tall the brothers were. My maternal grandfather was a manlet at 6'4". That seemed like a good explanation to everybody. Where there are blond giants, assume they're Dutchmen. A lot of Dutch Reformed are still big boys, seem to be a lot of >6'4" concentrated around old Reformed church towns in Indiana .

  6. #16
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,099
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    185
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcatherus View Post
    Yeah, and because how tall the brothers were. My maternal grandfather was a manlet at 6'4". That seemed like a good explanation to everybody. Where there are blond giants, assume they're Dutchmen. A lot of Dutch Reformed are still big boys, seem to be a lot of >6'4" concentrated around old Reformed church towns in Indiana .
    I see. Well, Dad's 6'3", my first cousin is 6'4", I'm 6'1", my grandfather's 5'11" and this is all from English genes. All of us were blue-eyed blonds from birth. Don't know why Dutch in particular should seem like any contrast, only more rather similar to us.

  7. #17
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,099
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    185
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcatherus View Post
    Yeah, and because how tall the brothers were. My maternal grandfather was a manlet at 6'4". That seemed like a good explanation to everybody. Where there are blond giants, assume they're Dutchmen. A lot of Dutch Reformed are still big boys, seem to be a lot of >6'4" concentrated around old Reformed church towns in Indiana .
    Now that I think about the idea of being Dutch, I recall that being Reagan's nickname from growing up in Illinois. He was a stout Irish boy, lol.

  8. #18
    Account Inactive

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 08:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Gender
    Religion
    Hitlerism
    Posts
    366
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    81
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    119
    Thanked in
    84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    And Mr Terminus, do you really need to derail a hello-thread with your rants just because someone mentioned the mythus? Srsly^^
    Heh, I can't turn down a good opportunity for public debate. I've been waiting forever for someone to appear on the scene, possibly for an aggressive expansion of his private notions. Remember that Wotan guy and that Smithwick guy? Yeah... I miss those guys already. They got me fired up ironically.

    Plus I don't want to just say hi and leave it at that. Seems like a low effort reception.

    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    So now Kennedy speaks for Germany? I disagree that he even has a right to comment.
    True, he wasn't very familiar with the German language to begin with. Nonetheless, he is right that the myth is more dangerous than the lie. People sometimes tell the truth for the sake of laying down another falsehood. The lie on it's own would be too obvious, no one would swallow it. Most myths have some basis in reality to exist, i.e. pre-lunar Earth, Atlantis, Deluge, dragons, giants. Not that they should be interpreted literally as the Christians do.

    Between Homer and Aesop, I'm inclined to side with Aesop. Between Suetonius and Herodotus, I'm inclined to side with Herodotus. Some Greek myths were monstrous, even Julian admitted as much. As for Suetonius, he panders to readers with superstitions.

    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    And you still havent understood what "Mythus" actually is (and why Rosenberg intentionally chose this spelling and not the 'correct' mythos).
    Don't tell me Rosenberg preferred Latin over Greek. I'm pretty sure he renders to Greek individuals in the proper Greek transliteration (i.e. Platon, Sokrates, Aristoteles, Homeros). I checked in German.

    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    You still dissect half-sentences out of context, then go to read Plato, before you read Rosenberg's sentence to its end, or probably you even dont. You will never understand what Rosenberg did, what he was talking about, because you dont even listen. You're obsessed with creating a context that wasnt there, wasnt intended, and actually often even was a 'point of critique' that should be overcome and not maintained.
    I listed a number of his statements which I deemed were in accord with reality. But I cannot acknowledge him as a philosopher if he overlooks the influences behind Plato and insists on putting Kant up there with him.

    I'll grant that Rosenberg had some criticisms for Kant. Even Hitler in his Table Talk admitted that Kant had merit (in breaking the traditional stronghold of Christianity) and lists him among the great German philosophers.

    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Every Volk needs a Mythus that connects the living with those who came before them. Myth is what speaks to the Soul. "Reason" is for ants without a creative thought. Myth is what creates art, not reason. And we, NS, Rosenberg, wanted to 'update' our own, German Mythus. We wanted to write our history anew, with the rebirth through NS incorporated. Your obsession with connecting NS to nonexistent, ancient Greek "philosophies" is really annoying.
    We are more or less on the same page regarding reason, but I reject that ants are devoid of creative thought. Their organization and hierarchy is strongly reminiscent of the human community.

    This study suggests that ants are capable of experiencing doubt, independent thinking. https://gizmodo.com/some-intriguing-...ess-1711031054

    How can you speak up for NS if you don't acknowledge Hitler's originality in designing it? NS is not a product of the times or environment. A notion entertained in the "hearts of millions" cannot take shape without an individual taking the initiative. The movement and the individual/symbol are inseparable.

    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    You also dont understand that Hitler's religion/belief (it really wasnt "religion" at all) was Natural Law. Everything was derived from Nature, how things are ordered in Nature, how Race is part of Nature and how everything goes downhill when you work against Nature and Natural Law.
    Hitler's ideology cannot be simply reduced to "social Darwinism" (which is a misnomer. Herbert Spencer should've received the credit for the idea of sovereign natural/divine laws presiding over the human community, not Darwin).

    In his speeches, he repeatedly insisted that he was religious and his associates (i.e. Leni Riefenstahl) said that he was religious (yet not Christian).

    Despite all his emphasis on struggle, he recognized that violent upheavals were not always the answer (TT, Nov. 11, 1941) and that taking a revolution too far (TT, Feb. 20, 1942) would be disastrous.

  9. #19
    Extended Moderation

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Last Online
    Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scandinavian, Celtic, Western European
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    this and that
    Politics
    Aryan
    Religion
    Orlog
    Posts
    24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    They got me fired up ironically.
    There once was a user named Terminus,
    a catamite whose church were a bust,
    when new meat came to town,
    he was told to calm down,
    "but they got me fired up all ironically!"


    Goodbye, there's no point in sticking around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •