Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Thread split: "Anglosaxonism", should Hannover join the U.K.?

Whamen Respekter
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    3 Minutes Ago @ 12:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post
    You happen to admit that you fit the official bilingualism of Norway in which the Uralic minority is represented by government recognition and not to any clear preference for the Germanic majority. You're effectively at war with yourself and the status quo of your laws, but I'm not judging you. I'm sure you can square your circle without blaming others who aren't too close to the issues to see them objectively. So touchy, yet you expect all Anglosphere lands to not feel anything similar at what you take for granted as indisputable talking points standard among Anglophobes and those amongst us gullible enough to be self-hating for your sake.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

The lion's gate
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago @ 05:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Idis
    I doubt this. On the contrary, countries where several official languages are recognized tend to keep their ethnicities and cultures separate. The Flemish know they are Flemish and the Walloons know they are Walloons.
    Yes Idis. We have stringent language laws in Belgium and when these laws are not respected it will lead to a week long drama in the media and protest marches - and to outsiders at least some of these matters may seem very trivial, but not to us natives. If you ever visit Flanders, just talk English to locals and don't use your best French - if I didn't know you were a tourist and you started talking to me in French I would walk straight passed you. If someone calls themselves "Belgian" over here it always sounds preposterous and pompous, slightly comical, like someone who would call themselves "European" instead of German or French; more to virtue signal and to distance oneself from one's own nation than to refer to any objective reality. Only the most braindead progressives/liberals do that. Not even the social democrats or the greens will call themselves Belgian instead of Flemish.

To be Germanic or Latin is not something abstract over here, it is very tangible - just like it is in South-Tyrol or Switzerland - and we use those terms in political debates.

I don't even know any Walloons personally, I don't mean just in real life, I also can't name more than five famous Walloons, all of them either politicians or athletes. And that's the norm, not the exception. I only spoke to three Walloons in my entire life, five minutes each.

If Baorn then calls my nation Italoceltic it is far more a declaration of war than he can ever imagine as all of Flemish history revolves around resisting "Italoceltic" influence - 700 years of resistance and struggle. It's as if he would call Irishmen "English" to their face... what could go wrong? It's a blunder.

The only thing about Flanders and Wallonia that is truly unitarian is the federal government (and the sports teams) - but Flemings and Walloons have their own regional state, vote for different political parties (there's no single federal election), media are split (we do not watch/read the same media), the army is split (there are Flemish and walloon units), the educational system is split, etc., etc. ...

Wallonia is like a different country, just not technically. Belgium consists of "two democracies", as the media and politicians euphemistically put it - we even haven't had a federal government since the autumn of 2018 - when the government fell over the U.N. migration pact - because of the political impossibility to create a new federal government. Every time after a federal election Flemings and walloons have to meet and come to an agreement (always as the expense of Flemish interests, and hence Belgium is dying), exactly like international negotiations, and as you know those take time to come to fruitition. But these negotiations become harder and harder with every new federal election. This country can last at most one more federal election, the jig will be up by 2024 at the very latest. It's over. Belgium's life expectancy is 5 years. The Flemish nationalist parties gain ground every day and they poll well over 50% now. Keeping this country intact is just not practical anymore and even normies realize this now, as we do need a federal government of course - there are tons of problems which need to be tackled.

Baorn looks at Europe like an American, assuming Europe to be quite like the U.S. in one sense, that is to say manufacturable, with his redrawing of borders like it's nothing. He has no idea how much unnecessary bloodshed there would be if he ever got his way. The truth is that Baorn's Saxon brethern would bash in his head and then celebrate in the streets with his head on a pike. And the guy who decapitated him would get a statue.

He ignores history because the U.S. is a young country, which in turn shapes his mentality - he does not truly understand what it means for societies to be old and what it implies. For Americans it is often hard to envision how complicated European societies are - and not dynamic like the U.S. at all. We're all king of our own hill over here. We carry the burden of history. You guys had the Civil War and especially slavery to endlessly argue about, we have 300 topics like that in every country. So tread carefully.
    "Beauty is a form of genius, higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation." - Oscar Wilde

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    577 Posts
    As a proud father who has read Grimms' Fairy Tales nightly to his English sons every weekend for the past couple of months, I welcome any Germanic, bar Yid, who is happy speaking English and doesn't make an affiliation with the Church of Italy trump supposed Germanic orientation.
    Guess that excludes the founder of Skadi then. Can someone please inform the Catholic Thorburn that he embodies the definition of anti-Germanicism according to your theories?

If Skadi is meant to be an Axis dating site, it should have been put into the header when I registered much earlier than most of my critics, when I was indeed around for the pan-Aryanism and Eurocentrism without major disputes whatsoever, but I just so happened to be more of a Nordish Portal and Blut und Boden fan, than a rabid political junkie necessarily along the lines of Stormfront and VNN in the way the forum has turned into over some time now--I mention that as having made the initial choice of SF before Skadi was fully manifested and then preferring Skadi over SF in the long run.
    In case you didn't notice, the Skadi where you registered has been upgraded. Has it ever occurred to you that forums evolve over time? The Skadi of 2004 is history because its owner decided to change the orientation from pan-Europeanism to Germanicism.

This place is far less cultural and intellectual than it was before the past few incarnations, as it's now more important to agree about everything and not merely keep personal friendships and common goals to PM, visitor messages and clubs. It used to be a lively place for open debate in the main forum, not an inside circle of paranoiacs afraid of freethought.
    You're not merely debating though. You're trying to subvert the orientation to fit your personal agenda and schemes. Also, a little birdy whispered to me that you were banned form the 2004 Skadi as well, in addition to every other forum out there you've been a member of. What gives, I wonder.

BTW, Parsifal didn't found Skadi, but came around the same time I did and we English are more or less the same as German and Dutch insofar as Italo-Celtic is concerned, but I welcome eugenic strategies for us all to bypass this in the future. M'kay?
    Parsifal didn't found Skadi, but he was entrusted to administrate it by the person who founded Skadi. And just because you joined around the same time doesn't mean that you know the forum's purpose better than he does. You weren't here continuously either, in fact you've missed most of the crucial years during which Skadi cemented its Germanic orientation. Time to move on.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nachtengel For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 03:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Vagrant
    Politics
    Nativism/Nationalism
    Religion
    Summum bonum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Would it be too much to ask for this thread to not degenerate into uncharitably shitting all over Americans and myriad other groups for the comments of one person?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coillearnach For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Swiss German
    Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Direct democracy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Generally, bilingual countries are simply environments in which blends have greater opportunity for ethnic confusion than monocultures.
    Totally untrue. Switzerland has four official languages and yet there's no ethnic confusion. Hardly anyone considers Switzerland a nation-state - rather a consociational state - or the Swiss a single ethnic group, including the Swiss themselves. In fact whenever someone speaks of the Swiss, it is usually followed by an ethnic denomination: Swiss German, Swiss French, Swiss Italian or Romansh.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winkelried For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    German Fraternity German Fraternity
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnic nationalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Also, I am only bothered by Flemings and Austrians not being part of the Netherlands and Germany, caused by dubious ideological opposition to Germanic unity to the point of preferring non-Germanic cohabitation in exile across artificial borders.
    Then I'm afraid you know very little about Flemings and the Austrians. Austrians have seen themselves as German for most of their history and an overwhelming majority voted to join Germany in 1938, despite the fact that the Allied imposed Treaty of Versailles forbade both the union and the continued use of the name "German-Austria" (Deutschösterreich). Had it not been for the Allied victory, occupation and post-war "denazification" policies that were forced onto Austrians, Austria would still be a part of Germany today. In today's Austria, it is illegal to suggest that Austria should join Greater Germany, people can be put in prison for this. And you still wonder why people don't see the Allies in a good light? They were responsible for destroying Germanic identity and dividing up Germanic countries. As for the Flemings, they are as much happy to be part of the Belgian state as you are happy to embrace all the non-Germanic immigrants that settle in your own country. Chlodovech himself has posted a variety of threads on the Flemish desire for independence and the concept of Dietsland.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ķtreksjóš For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    The truth is that Baorn's Saxon brethern would bash in his head and then celebrate in the streets with his head on a pike. And the guy who decapitated him would get a statue.
    Probly true. America itself was founded as a desire to be independent from the Anglos/Brits so it's very much doubtful folks over here would wanna join a new incarnation of the British Empire. They'd tea party those folks all the way. As for the German Saxons, they're as much Jerries as any other Germans.

All these American folks who claim to be Euro and fly Euro flags in their profiles need a reality check. America is as much a nation as any Euro nation is. Why not? It ticks all the boxes a nation should tick. If ya ask me, all this hyphenated stuff is dividing up the nation and in truth, it's just another form of multiculturalism. You're either German/English or you're American, ya can't be both. As the saying goes, ya can't serve two masters at the same time. There's nothing wrong with being an American, I say. Stop trying to mimic Euros and just be proud of what you are.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gefjon For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    Yes Idis. We have stringent language laws in Belgium and when these laws are not respected it will lead to a week long drama in the media and protest marches - and to outsiders at least some of these matters may seem very trivial, but not to us natives. If you ever visit Flanders, just talk English to locals and don't use your best French - if I didn't know you were a tourist and you started talking to me in French I would walk straight passed you. If someone calls themselves "Belgian" over here it always sounds preposterous and pompous, slightly comical, like someone who would call themselves "European" instead of German or French; more to virtue signal and to distance oneself from one's own nation than to refer to any objective reality. Only the most braindead progressives/liberals do that. Not even the social democrats or the greens will call themselves Belgian instead of Flemish.

To be Germanic or Latin is not something abstract over here, it is very tangible - just like it is in South-Tyrol or Switzerland - and we use those terms in political debates.

I don't even know any Walloons personally, I don't mean just in real life, I also can't name more than five famous Walloons, all of them either politicians or athletes. And that's the norm, not the exception. I only spoke to three Walloons in my entire life, five minutes each.

If Baorn then calls my nation Italoceltic it is far more a declaration of war than he can ever imagine as all of Flemish history revolves around resisting "Italoceltic" influence - 700 years of resistance and struggle. It's as if he would call Irishmen "English" to their face... what could go wrong? It's a blunder.

The only thing about Flanders and Wallonia that is truly unitarian is the federal government (and the sports teams)- but Flemings and Walloons have their own regional state, vote for different political parties (there's no single federal election), media are split (we do not watch/read the same media), the army is split (there are Flemish and walloon units), the educational system is split, etc., etc. ...

Wallonia is like a different country, just not technically. Belgium consists of "two democracies", as the media and politicians euphemistically put it - we even haven't had a federal government since the autumn of 2018 - when the government fell over the U.N. migration pact - because of the political impossibility to create a new federal government. Every time after a federal election Flemings and walloons have to meet and come to an agreement (always as the expense of Flemish interests, and hence Belgium is dying), exactly like international negotiations, and as you know those take time to come to fruitition. But these negotiations become harder and harder with every new federal election. This country can last at most one more federal election, the jig will be up by 2024 at the very latest. It's over. Belgium's life expectancy is 5 years. The Flemish nationalist parties gain ground every day and they poll well over 50% now. Keeping this country intact is just not practical anymore and even normies realize this now, as we do need a federal government of course - there are tons of problems which need to be tackled.

Baorn looks at Europe like an American, assuming Europe to be quite like the U.S. in one sense, that is to say manufacturable, with his redrawing of borders like it's nothing. He has no idea how much unnecessary bloodshed there would be if he ever got his way. The truth is that Baorn's Saxon brethern would bash in his head and then celebrate in the streets with his head on a pike. And the guy who decapitated him would get a statue.

He ignores history because America is a young country, which in turn shapes his mentality - he does not truly understand what it means for societies to be old and what it implies. For Americans it is often hard to envision how complicated European societies are - and not dynamic like the U.S. at all. We're all king of our own hill over here. We carry the burden of history. You guys had the Civil War and especially slavery to endlessly argue about, we have 300 topics like that in every country. So tread carefully.
    LMAO @ ignoring Frenchmen, but the Westhoek Dutch have no such luxury. There should have been more concerted effort to link up Calais with Holland instead of being bogged down in Aquitaine and Gascony and that was a particular failing of the Lancastrians, because it's due to the Yorkists that Burgundy et al served a bridge that resulted in Leicester as English viceroy and the subsequent Orangist realignment. This was stymied by Austro-Spanish rule, but we managed to break free of the Italo-Celtic grip in Amsterdam and London, not so much in Brussels and Dublin, which are deranged Eurocratic rump states of former Germanic hegemony.

Eurogenes calls my DNA Flemish and MDLP calls it Belgian. Should I confer with the Pole or the Lett?

I only ever meant that Belgium enshrines both sides without official bias. Although Ireland may be biased Celtic, they are far from it and live in the Anglosphere for all intents and purposes, despite political disaffection not dissimilar to American aloofness, regardless of it being impractical to somehow belong to some entirely foreign culture outside of a general Anglophonic one.

That is a great sign and I would have paid to see the reaction. I wonder why France doesn't insist on annexing Wallonie and Geneva, Monaco and Andorra, all of which they have the pretexts to, but the republican governments have been even lamer than the Bonapartist regimes.

Pleasant news about Belgian Flanders, so please support annexation of the Westhoek. Thanks in advance! Let France die and be Gaul again as the price of Frankishness in Germanic terms only. If only Britain was just a geographical word and no so political that the Irish are blinkered by merely passing association.

Sorry, but it was you who praised the carving up of Saxony by Charlemagne and ephemeral victory of a jailbreak by the Ottonians in their prison environment as a job well done, only it didn't stop there and continued under the Staufen, in a time perhaps the Papacy was useful for the Anglo-Welf party. I can't say that I supported the Imperial faction because of their inroads to Norman and Angevin domains, along with the humiliation of King Richard in Austria. Naturally, I am biased to Richard of Cornwall and Henry of Almain, whether or not that pleases others. Anyway, Saxons proved too fickle in the Great War, but so far, our Oldenburg/Glücksburg kin have been fine and upstanding stalwarts, which may be read through an approximation as Jutland and England being blood brethren. Perhaps we may yet be able to salvage the Wadden and Channel.

Oh, another straw man because of wilful ignorance. It's so much easier writing someone off by talking about them in front of them as somehow entirely opposite of how you fantastically libel. If anything, I abhor current events news cycles and prefer the library. I'm too academic for your hip cheekiness. It is your own Brussels and Strasbourg philo-Italo-Celtics who prefer non-Germanic meta-ethnic groups, when you could only rightly accuse me of being more puritanical about Germanic manifestation than the reality currently is for all our countries--yes, my own included.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 03:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Straw men aplenty. If I'm not supposed to see you as alien, why label me that? You can't have it both ways on everything and still be justified. Furthermore, simply because I matter-of-fact and empirically observe the conditions of monolingual vs bilingual states, doesn't mean I am in any way passing judgments or what have you. In fact, I really don't care and that's just dispassionate overview, since it's obvious that Ingaevones are as affected by Arthurian Britain as Irminones are by Augustan Romans, which neither endorses nor condemns, only acknowledges us sharing these external issues interfering with our Germanic interests. I am, however, supposedly not allowed to ardently promote and defend Ingaevonic POV whereby we not simply fall in line with Irminonic POV just to make the losers of both Wars feel better, or else risk banning over it
    You exhalt the mythical Arthus to history, of all of Britain at that, and a tiny fraction of "Roman" history in Germania (west of the Rhine, which always remained the border between Germania and the Roman empire and south of Danube) to THE history of Germania Magna, which had nothing to do with either of it. Irminones and Ingvaeones are not different people, they're merely different tribes of German people. You try to open a pit ground between invented and exaggarated "differences" between West Germanic, East Germanic, North and South Germanic that dont exist to justify your nonsense.

After all, none of you are in any way empathetic to the cries of the widows and mothers of those slain by the painful process of "unification" from Kleindeutschland to Grossdeutschland. Acceptable losses to the dignities of free Germanic folks, all for Caesar, I mean Kaiser, because the State is everything, dontcha know?
    You're not seriously claiming that the Kaiser "conquered" Germany by war, are you?
    But of course, like you reinvent Arthus to your liking, you ignore 700+ years of German history and the little detail that the German kingdoms and duchies united voluntary and willingly, that WE (incl the people) chose the Kaiser ourselves (against the established rule that the Vatican decides who's king or Kaiser on top, which made him the "devil himself" instantly; a position that you apparently share). Prussia built Germany, although many today dont like to acknowledge this (or outright deny it), and this process started in the 15th century. But of course you ignore it within your fantasy universe of Germanic divides.

You proved my point once again. This, you claim for the Axis Powers. Germanic is both, not one or the other. I don't dislike you nearly as much as you dislike me, so quit projecting your complexes.
    Of course I claim for Germany. You cant seriously expect me to take an anti-German position for your fantasies and root for German defeat? Seriously.
    Look, my country is in the state it is because of allied victory that you root for. You blah about independence and souvereignity, go to your White House and rally for SHAEF to be removed from Germany and support German independence, support Germany to be based in a German constitution again. How about that? Oh of course you dont, because all your positions are anti-German, based on your self-invented fantasy universe of twisted history.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Dutch, Low German & French
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Free & Libertarian
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Lebensborn assimilation has been the norm for time immemorial, as seen by the fluidity of Germanic tribes before Christendom rewrote history and the rules of nationhood to condemn the memories of our Heathen oral traditions to silly superstitions and pretend that we didn't really exist before Joshua got up on his tree. I happen to find pre-Christian amnesia a very terrible blind spot, but then, I am into history and not dogmas. I already went over ethnogenesis with Hauke Haien and Jager many years ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Stock_Americans
    To be honest, I don't see how most of this has anything to do with what I wrote. Not all Americans are old stock and not everyone who isn't has been fully assimilated. Even the article you linked to mentions that Old Stock Americans dominated American culture and politics until the late 20th century, this is not as much the case today. The US does not have an official policy to preserve English either, since English is not the official language. I've actually read somewhere that one reason English was not constitutionally protected was the fact that some of the founding fathers didn't want to offend their fellow Americans who helped fight for independence. Also, people in this country have been speaking languages other than English since before the founding of the republic. Common languages spoken throughout the 13 colonies included Dutch, French and German, not to mention the many languages spoken by Native Americans.

Several lawmakers tried to introduce an amendment that would favor English but they failed, so did the Senate. Current American politics is dominated by multiculturalism and even multiracialism. Representatives are becoming more and more diverse. A law in Arizona mandating public schools to teach exclusively in English was heavily criticized as racially motivated because "people who don't speak English are just as American as those who do." So using the current official policies to define who is more Germanic sounds a bit strange to me.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast