@
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    518 Posts

To All The Gals Who Don't Have A Girl Gang, It's Time To Find One

Alright girls, I'm not going to pretend I have all of my shit together, or that I know what I'm doing. I'm also not the girl who knows everything or always has an answer. But, if there is one thing I do know, and that has been made abundantly clear to me, especially after this year transitioning to college — it's that I wouldn't have made it this far without my best friends.

I've had the same group of girl friends since freshman year of high school, with the exception of a few amicable partings and some deserving additions. Although being a tight-knit group of pre-teen girls has presented some challenges, namely, finding a new group at school that can compare to one I have been fortunate enough to surround myself with for a good part of my life, these girls have shaped me into the woman I am today.

So here is why YOU need a girl gang. Acts of girls supporting girls are some of the most powerful and empowering moments that I have experienced. Surrounding myself with strong women role models have always helped me to succeed. From a young age, having someone believe in me and someone that inspires me has always been part of my motivation. Now, with us all at school, I get to be inspired by girls my age, doing big things, things that matter every day.

You need a girl gang, so that you can have a group chat where you build each other up — where you can send you accomplishments like "I just ran my PR," "I got the nanny job I was hoping for," or even the little things like "I got a B on that test I totally thought I failed."

Moments like these teach me to be happy for others, even when things may not be going so well. They push me to strive for the same excellence I get to watch my friends achieve. And they give me something to look forward to. When I get that promotion my girl gang is always the first to know and within what always seems like an instant they're hyping me up no matter how big or how small my accomplishment, and that pushes me to try and do better.
    https://www.theodysseyonline.com/gir...ut-a-girl-gang

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Oh, absolutely NOT. I really cannot stand these adult sororities and fraternities. I have NEVER bounced back and forth between my woman and my male friends. Until I found my woman, I interacted equally between the sexes and since, have always kept females at bay to a degree, while likewise distancing other males equally from my priorities. For general friendship, my congeniality is not based on gender relations, only general interests. I do not spend time away from my wife talking behind her back, yucking it up and making contrary interests compete with my loyalty. That's as fiendish for women as for me. No Thelma and Louise associations are wise for anybody seeking honest relations with their significant other.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    I like having a "girl gang". There's things women prefer to discuss among ourselves and things we just understand better. I've had a good deal of male friends, but none were as close to me as my girl friends. For example, you can't tell a male friend about how your date last night went - unless he's gay or totally not into you, but I've found that in general men tend to be more jealous about such things. Also, women are more likely to stick together in rough times.