Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The Shallow Men Who Refuse To Date Women Over Size 8 Because They See Them As Lazy, Not Good For My Image And Sex Hungry

Germanique extraordinaire
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 12:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    777 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Earth View Post
    Some of them have been part of women's wardrobe for centuries. Of course society's idea of beauty has affected what many women perceive they should look like. But perhaps if men did not constantly feed those stereotypes and actually rewarded natural beauty, more women would begin to feel comfortable in their own skin, without resorting to products like makeup.
    Both genders reward the traits they feel attracted to in the other sex. Should women stop rewarding men who are tall, handsome, rich and muscular with attention, simply because that's not representative for the average male? Women who use make-up do so (mostly) to gain sexual market value, on their own accord. No-one's stopping them from being a "plain Jane" if that's what makes them happy and comfortable.

Are these curvy women wearing vertical stripes lying?

What about this curvy woman, who is wearing a dark outfit and high-waisted pants?

What about this woman, who is wearing a long, flowy dress?

Or this woman, who is wearing a bold colored, vertical striped, palazzo jumpsuit?

This is the same woman. Is she lying in the first or second picture?

Here she is wearing the same outfit, but styled differently. In which instance is she being deceitful?
    Now you're just being silly.

This fashion blogger for example was body shamed by someone she never even met in person. [...]

This blogger was body shamed by a former date: [...]

Or this woman: [...]

These women didn't even fit the stereotype of fat, but were rather in the voluptuous category.
    What's new in the World? People online are being assholes.

Anyway, has it ever occurred to you that some curvy women are happy with the way they look, and may not want to lose weight in the first place? Just because you like skinny models doesn't mean that every girl should aspire to look like one (not to mention that more often than not, those models look the way they look because of malnutrition/excessive dieting, liposuction or even drug use).
    Then why bother so much about what other people think, if they're already satisfied with their body?

I don't want curvy women to feel ashamed of their appearance. I've never even commented on anybody's weight, neither IRL or online.

The thread is about a certain demographic of shallow men who won't date women over a certain size. How do you know that the preferences of these men represent everybody else's?
    I'm not the one who stated it. The woman in the article of the opening post did.

So who are you to say that curvy women don't deserve the same appreciation as everybody else?
    They don't deserve anything, besides respect and human dignity. People are simply attracted to what they find attractive.

It is shallow to ascribe someone's value based on a few extra pounds of weight, especially when they have a ton of other attributes that make them valuable and even attractive.
    For sure.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    518 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oreiar
    @Nachtengel

You're being a bit hysterical.
    Nah, I'm quite calm. I was simply pointing out the absurdity of some of your claims.

I'm not talking about banning anything. I'm simply pointing out that women consciously use means of enhancing their looks, and - by extension - their sexual market value.
    So? Most people resort to tricks to enhance their looks, whether it's something as simple as posture, hair or skin. As I've already pointed out, women don't only enhance their looks because they are out to attract men. Otherwise it would only be women who are seeking men and care about their "sexual market value" who resort to these tricks. But you have plenty of married women who wear makeup, and plenty of women who have long been off the market, including senior women. Even asexual women wear makeup. We live in a society where we judge and are judged by looks, so dressing well and having a polished look has a ton of other benefits, like professional ones for example. Good looking, polished people generally make a better impression, earn more and get treated better professionally speaking. Women who wear makeup, for example rank higher in competence and trustworthiness and earn more than 30 percent more in pay than non makeup wearing workers. Under the circumstances, you can hardly blame the average woman for having a makeup case in her purse. You yourself referred to those who don't as "plain Janes". Few people are happy with being plain, they want to stand out.

The most important reason why people care about looking good however is because it improves their own self-esteem. Many men don't even notice when women make changes in their hairstyle, wardrobe, etc. yet they still continue to do it. Why? Because it makes them happy, and they feel good about themselves. When someone feels good and confident about themselves, obviously they also become more attractive to others. But that doesn't mean they were out to attract someone in the first place. Many men say they prefer women not to wear makeup, hair dye, fake nails, etc., and nonetheless women continue to wear makeup, dye their hair and get their nails done. If their main concern was to attract men, they'd just follow the trends of what men say they like. But instead, they continue to wear makeup because it makes them feel happy and confident.

And it's not just products like makeup, hair dye or cosmetics that can do this. In Mother Earth's post there are examples of how clothes can change the impression and give a different illusion about someone's body. If you complain about "deception" then you have to count those in too because well, they could create an illusion. Someone wearing all black may look slimmer. While if they wear all white they're going to appear larger. Baggy clothes can also make a woman look larger than she is but you hardly hear anyone complaining about fat or even skinny women wearing baggy clothes. It's only when they wear something that improves their posture and highlights their features when they get all crispy about it.

I don't buy that a significant number of women who use push-up bras or shapewear do it for comfort or health reasons. If they have large breasts, pushing them further up would only cause even more strain on their back and neck.
    Are you the possessor of large breasts? Do you work in the medical field? Because I do, and have dealt with many women with large breasts. It's somewhat like Idis said, women who suffer from back problems often feel uncomfortable due to wearing the wrong size or type of bra, not because they wear push-ups. But back pain in women with large breasts isn't actually caused by wearing bras, it's the result of breast hypertrophy, which can be alleviated through therapy and exercise. Not all large breasted women suffer from breast hypertrophy and back pain though. And sagging breasts do tend to make back and shoulder pain worse, which is why many large breasted women wear bras and they tend to be support bras with a lifting or padding effect.

And shapewear, there are people who almost exclusively use it for medical reasons. People who are past a certain age and don't take part in the dating business anymore.

And yeah, I do know even slender girls use shapewear. An ex of mine had this type of jeans that had shapewear sown into them. And although she looked good enough without it, they did make an impression.
    So? If she was your ex, at some point you saw how she looked like without it.

There's a difference between only mentioning one's good qualities, and given the impression of having qualities one actually doesn't have.
    Not necessarily. If you have some pretty lousy qualities and you leave them out and only mention the good ones, you still paint a picture that could be perceived differently than the real you.

And I'm not talking about simply sharing the most flattering pictures of oneself. Sure, everyone does that.
    Yes but maybe those unflattering pictures show an angle of you that's just as real as what's shown in the flattering ones. If people wanted to paint a totally accurate picture, they'd have to share everything.

But some women are so good at manipulating their looks on camera, with the help of filters and extensive make-up schemes, that they hardly would be recognizable if you only had seen those pictures of them, and then suddenly ran into each other coming straight out of bed. That's too much, in my opinion, and classifies as deception.
    First, most women are not going to look like they came straight out of bed when they go out in society. Not only is it considered lazy and unkept, but it's generally frowned upon. So unless you get to know them better, you're not going to see them with puffy eyes, dry/oily skin and unstyled hair. There are ways to get rid of those without resorting to makeup (skin creams, exfoliation, face masks, etc.)

Second, makeup is supposed to look artificial. A woman's lids don't come naturally black or colored, nor are a woman's lips so tinted naturally. But eyeliner can emphasize a person's blue eyes, make it stand out more (as it contrasts with the black).

Men don't really have such tricks up their sleeves. The only things that comes close, are rental Ferraris, socks in the pants, and extra thick shoe soles.
    Men have plenty of tricks up their sleeves too. Facial hair is one of the most popular ones, it's basically contouring for men. It can hide/disguise facial imperfections like acne or a less than chiseled jaw. Beards hide a large portion of the face, so they're the perfect camouflage for such problems. And men with and without facial hair can look like totally different people. Some men look more masculine with facial hair and can hide their boyish/baby looking faces behind it, appear more mature. So, pretty easy way to change their appearance if they want to. I'd say facial hair/beards are a form of deception, it's no wonder criminals and fugitives let them grow when they want to hide.

a

And I'm pretty sure most women would consider those things as "cheating".
    Maybe, but how many women do you see bitching and moaning about it, to the same extent that some men bitch and moan about women wearing makeup, bras or shapewear?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nachtengel For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    I think folks have a right to be shallow. For chicks, being fat is the equivalent of a short dude. Most chicks won't date a dude who is shorter than them, so they shouldn't be surprised when dudes won't date a fat chick. Dating and sexual attraction is by definition discriminatory. Plus, a slim dude with a fat chick looks strange, just like a short and fat dude looks strange next to a tall & slender model.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gefjon For This Useful Post:

The lion's gate
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 09:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Vlkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    I was hanging on your every word, Mother Earth, but near the end of your post you sort of lost me, when you said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Earth
    Anyway, has it ever occurred to you that some curvy women are happy with the way they look, and may not want to lose weight in the first place? Just because you like skinny models doesn't mean that every girl should aspire to look like one (not to mention that more often than not, those models look the way they look because of malnutrition/excessive dieting, liposuction or even drug use).
    Curvy and slim are not mutually exclusive, you don't have to pick one or the other. And ideally men mostly will go for slim women who are the right amount of curvy, some men prefer more curves in some places, others less; they want thin women with some curves in the right places. Where Thoreidar lives the average woman is slim/thin (yet not a professional model), it's not a rarity or something exotic. The Norse women he meets don't do drugs nor surgery, and neither do they starve themselves.

Let's not substitute "overweight" and "obese" with curvy.

This 'local girl' is synonymous with curvy:

It would never enter my mind to describe this lady in Walmart as curvy:

The thread is about a certain demographic of shallow men who won't date women over a certain size.
    Are you calling men's refusal to date women they're not (sufficiently) sexually attracted to shallow? Sexual attraction is a requirement if there's to be any hope for a relationship at all. No-one can help what they're sexually attracted by. If a woman has an ingrained hard limit regarding height and ignores every man who is less than let's say 185 cm because it does nothing for her, she's not shallow simply because she's incapable of feeling butterflies. If it isn't happening it isn't happening. Women's nature makes them predisposed to look for men who are stronger, taller, smarter and richer than themselves.

How do you know that the preferences of these men represent everybody else's?
    Thoreidar has been a guy for 30 years and knows most guys aren't chubby chasers. At the same time there's a large group of men who will accept/tolerate some extra kilograms on a woman for reasons of their own, they may even not find the extra weight unattractive.

Like I said, nobody forces you to date someone you don't like, but don't project those preferences on everyone else. There are plenty of men who like, or even prefer curvy women. For example:

Men Are Totally Hardwired by Evolution to Prefer Curvy Women, Study Finds

Voluptuousness used to be considered a desirable trait throughout different periods in history. So who are you to say that curvy women don't deserve the same appreciation as everybody else?
    Curvy, voluptuous... neither signify overweight or obese.

It is shallow to ascribe someone's value based on a few extra pounds of weight, especially when they have a ton of other attributes that make them valuable and even attractive. The reaction of the men who sent those messages to the women they body shamed tells all: it doesn't matter how intelligent, how kind, how passionate, loyal or loving they are, as long as they have those extra pounds, all those other attributes become worthless.
    The extra weight doesn't make these women worthless nor completely unattractive, otherwise why would the guys from your screenshots be telling "women they believe to be overweight" how amazing they otherwise are? But it's clearly somewhat of a hard limit for them as far as being attracted goes.
    "I identify as fascistkin so my pronouns are hit/hitler/hitlerself." - Roxie Wolf

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    German Fraternity German Fraternity
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnic nationalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    I don't care about the size of a woman's clothes. As long as she doesn't look unhealthy (i.e. over or underweight), it's irrelevant. When I look at a woman, it's the whole package that matters, how everything comes together (and not only her looks, but her values). Beauty doesn't translate to a single type of body or look. Just like there are beautiful blondes, redheads and beautiful brunettes, there are different types of women's bodies. There are beautiful slender women and beautiful voluptuous women.

Anyhow, when you have been in a long-term relationship or marriage, you come to accept some facts of life: the human body ages and physical beauty fades over time, while inner beauty is eternal. The more you get to know your partner as they are, not only their outside but also their inside, the more you love and accept them. They become attractive to you despite their flaws. In your eyes, they are perfect (for you). When you are deeply in love with your partner, changes like +/- a few kilograms or a wrinkle here and there become superficial. If you think you can't live with those, take a look at those old couples who still hold hands and look at each other with love in their eyes. They are long past their physical peak but still feel very much in love with each other.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treksj For This Useful Post:

Germanique extraordinaire
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 12:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    777 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtengel View Post
    Nah, I'm quite calm. I was simply pointing out the absurdity of some of your claims.
    You're using rhetorical questions to try to make it out as if I want to ban women's clothing and make-up, when I've never even suggested it. It's a hyperbolic and hysterical way of acting.

So? Most people resort to tricks to enhance their looks, whether it's something as simple as posture, hair or skin.
    The difference is in the degree in which it's done. On the one side of the spectrum, you have people who apply moisturizers, lipstick and hairspray. I'm fine with that. Pretty much everyone are. On the other side of the spectrum, you have people undergoing plastic surgery and spending hours doing their make-up to transform their appearance into something radically different than their natural selves. Most people are not really comfortable with that. Somewhere in between, there is a line separating what's too much and what's okay, for any given individual. Do you understand that principle?

The most important reason why people care about looking good however is because it improves their own self-esteem.
    Why does looking a certain way increase someone's self-esteem, though? Is it completely random and unsubstantial, or is there some underlying, natural, evolutionary cause as to why certain traits and appearances are linked with self-esteem. In my opinion, sexual market value is at its core. After that, signs of good health and vitality in and of itself has some bearing on it.

Many men don't even notice when women make changes in their hairstyle, wardrobe, etc. yet they still continue to do it. Why? Because it makes them happy, and they feel good about themselves. When someone feels good and confident about themselves, obviously they also become more attractive to others. But that doesn't mean they were out to attract someone in the first place. Many men say they prefer women not to wear makeup, hair dye, fake nails, etc., and nonetheless women continue to wear makeup, dye their hair and get their nails done. If their main concern was to attract men, they'd just follow the trends of what men say they like. But instead, they continue to wear makeup because it makes them feel happy and confident.
    Men want a woman who looks 10/10 without makeup. Ideally. However, since most women don't, they try to achieve it by enhancing their looks with make-up and other things.

So if a guy can choose a girl who naturally looks 9/10, but can look 10/10 with make-up, he'll choose her over a natural 9/10 girl without any beauty enhancements at all (if solely going by looks alone). Women intuitively understand this, and follow suit. Most of them, anyway. To different degrees.

And it's not just products like makeup, hair dye or cosmetics that can do this. In Mother Earth's post there are examples of how clothes can change the impression and give a different illusion about someone's body. If you complain about "deception" then you have to count those in too because well, they could create an illusion.
    No, I really don't. It's like saying I have to condemn people who have a beer at their work-time break, just as well as I condemn people who go on drunk-driving rampages after chugging an entire bottle of whiskey.

Are you the possessor of large breasts? Do you work in the medical field? Because I do, and have dealt with many women with large breasts. It's somewhat like Idis said, women who suffer from back problems often feel uncomfortable due to wearing the wrong size or type of bra, not because they wear push-ups. But back pain in women with large breasts isn't actually caused by wearing bras, it's the result of breast hypertrophy, which can be alleviated through therapy and exercise. Not all large breasted women suffer from breast hypertrophy and back pain though. And sagging breasts do tend to make back and shoulder pain worse, which is why many large breasted women wear bras and they tend to be support bras with a lifting or padding effect.
    There's anyway a difference between women with very large breasts who need extra support, and women like this:

That's not for support, to alleviate back-pain, or for other health reasons. It's purely to get laid.

And shapewear, there are people who almost exclusively use it for medical reasons. People who are past a certain age and don't take part in the dating business anymore.
    Okay. I clearly wasn't referring to 70-year old grannies.

So? If she was your ex, at some point you saw how she looked like without it.
    Yeah... And..?

Men have plenty of tricks up their sleeves too. Facial hair is one of the most popular ones, it's basically contouring for men. It can hide/disguise facial imperfections like acne or a less than chiseled jaw. Beards hide a large portion of the face, so they're the perfect camouflage for such problems. And men with and without facial hair can look like totally different people. Some men look more masculine with facial hair and can hide their boyish/baby looking faces behind it, appear more mature. So, pretty easy way to change their appearance if they want to. I'd say facial hair/beards are a form of deception, it's no wonder criminals and fugitives let them grow when they want to hide.
    Growing facial hair is completely natural for most men. In fact, it's more natural than shaving if off. It's not a "trick". It's a natural state of being. Even when it's trimmed, it's not much different than having a haircut. And no-one, absolutely NO-ONE, is saying having a haircut is a means of deceiving other people about your natural looks. Neither for men nor women.

Maybe, but how many women do you see bitching and moaning about it, to the same extent that some men bitch and moan about women wearing makeup, bras or shapewear?
    Phff! I don't know... Have you seen any of those videos on Youtube where guys try to pick up girls on the street, and getting zero attention, only for the roles to be completely reversed once they show they have a sports car parked on the side of the road? You think those women would have sustained their interest, if they got to know it was only a rental which had to be returned the next day, and that the man is actually broke now, because he spent his last money renting that thing?

Women don't bitch and moan about such things (although they do about loads of other stuff) because men don't do those kind of things. Generally. They don't use make-up, or any equivalents of it, and there's no shapewear to make our arms look bigger or give us an artificial six-pack. And if there was, women would call men out on it immediately and incessantly.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 04:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germanic/Scotch
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Married Grandparent
    Occupation
    Supported living supervisor
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Religion
    Evangelical Fundamentalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    When I was younger and still single I was never hung up on looks or weight, I would have considered myself lucky to have found someone who was a good person on the inside and its not as easy as it sounds.

When I was 19 I dated a very attractive girl and was the envy of my friends, the problem was that she was a spoiled brat with a horrible personality. This person caused me more pain and agony than she was worth and did not really care about me either. I had an epiphany that I should use a completely different standard to measure the worth of a person.

About six months later I met my wife, although she was attractive the first thing that stood out to me was that she was a good hearted person and the more I got to know her the more I realized that she truly cared about me as a person and 36 years later we are still together.

A lot of people will never have a successful relationship because they have mislaid priorities and poor values. Bear in mind that nobody stays thin and beautiful forever but being ugly on the inside can last a lifetime.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maineiac For This Useful Post:

Active Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    United Kingdom, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Germany, France
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Aries
    Politics
    Pro-Trump, Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post

Let's not substitute "overweight" and "obese" with curvy.

This 'local girl' is synonymous with curvy:

That is the famous Marilyn Monroe. She is beautiful but I wouldn't call her voluptuous or curvy. She is slender with slight curves (small breasted). Most women have slight curves.

Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maineiac View Post
    When I was younger and still single I was never hung up on looks or weight, I would have considered myself lucky to have found someone who was a good person on the inside and its not as easy as it sounds.

When I was 19 I dated a very attractive girl and was the envy of my friends, the problem was that she was a spoiled brat with a horrible personality. This person caused me more pain and agony than she was worth and did not really care about me either. I had an epiphany that I should use a completely different standard to measure the worth of a person.

About six months later I met my wife, although she was attractive the first thing that stood out to me was that she was a good hearted person and the more I got to know her the more I realized that she truly cared about me as a person and 36 years later we are still together.
    Personality vs looks? Some relevant dialog:

Obviously, looks aren't everything.

...And the female version of making a buck out of yourself:

Yes, this isn't real life, but the second film is based on a true story.

The lion's gate
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 09:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Vlkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    That is the famous Marilyn Monroe. She is beautiful but I wouldn't call her voluptuous or curvy. She is slender with slight curves (small breasted). Most women have slight curves.
    And yet when curvaceous women are discussed in the media, she always receives an honorary mention. And she's perhaps the first woman who will come to mind, in the popular imagination. She wasn't a slip of a girl.
    "I identify as fascistkin so my pronouns are hit/hitler/hitlerself." - Roxie Wolf

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast