Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The Shallow Men Who Refuse To Date Women Over Size 8 Because They See Them As Lazy, Not Good For My Image And Sex Hungry

Active Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    United Kingdom, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Germany, France
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Aries
    Politics
    Pro-Trump, Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    And yet when curvaceous women are discussed in the media, she always receives an honorary mention. And she's perhaps the first woman who will come to mind, in the popular imagination. She wasn't a slip of a girl.

I wouldn't know about that. She doesn't come to my mind. I know she was considered a sex symbol but I think that had more to do with her voice and her acting.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elizabeth For This Useful Post:

The lion's gate
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 11:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Vlkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    When I google for "curvaceous women history", M.M. shows up straightaway, Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Justcurvy.com
    Famous Plus-Size Ladies From The Past

Looking back over the years, it’s amazing to discover just how much the female body ideal has changed. From the waif, boyish figures of the Flappers in the 1920s, to the buxom, pin-up girls of the 50s; the representation of plus-size women throughout history is something to be celebrated, so we thought we’d take a look at some of our favourite plus-sized ladies from generations gone by!

Marilyn Monroe

Actress Marilyn Monroe was perceived as the epitome of beauty in the 50s. Her unique body shape, representing an extreme hourglass figure was a revelation at the time, with a figure far fuller and curvier than society was used to. With her sultry voice and curvy figure, Monroe became a much admired international star and remains a pivotal role model in the representation of curvy women today.

Camille Clifford

The early 1900s saw the introduction of the Gibson Girl, an idyllic representation of the female form created by illustrator Charles Gibson. Camille Clifford, a Belgian-born stage actress became the model for the Gibson Girl illustrations, with her voluptuous hourglass figure becoming the epitome of Gibson Girl style.

Anita Ekberg

A Swedish actress, model and international sex symbol, Ekberg became famous for her voluptuous figure. Courageous, ambitious, curvy and proud; Ekberg was a true inspiration to the women of the 50s and is an inspiration to this day. Blonde and buxom, Anita Ekberg used her curvaceous figure to her advantage, enhancing her curves at any given opportunity and rocking them with pride.

Mae West

Known for her provocative performances, West became infamous in the early 1900s starting out as a burlesque dancer before proceeding to develop her career as an actress and screen-writer. Embracing her hourglass figure with confidence, West was never one to shy away from the camera. Renowned for her brash tone of voice, one of our favourite Mae West quotes is this: “I didn’t discover curves; I only uncovered them.”

It’s clear to see from looking at these curvaceous women of the past that curves have always taken centre stage and that doesn’t look set to end any time soon. Hooray! The inspirational, fuller-figured women above driving us to embrace our bodies with confidence. Who’s your favourite plus size woman from the past?
    Justcurvy.com

This is what people considered curvy before Obama's America.
    "I identify as fascistkin so my pronouns are hit/hitler/hitlerself." - Roxie Wolf

Active Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Aries
    Politics
    Pro-Trump, Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    I'm familiar with Marilyn Monroe and Mae West but I never heard of the other two women before.
    I think Dolly Parton is curvaceous/voluptuous.
    Then there is also Charo, Raquel Welch, Loni Anderson, Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman), and Julie Newmar (Catwoman).

Active Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Norman & German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Marilyn Monroe was not plus sized. There are plenty of documents which reveal her measurements.

Her first modeling contract:
    56, 120lbs
    36-24-34

Her ID card:
    55 1/2, 118lbs

One of her dressmakers:
    5'5.5'' 35-22-35, 118lbs, 36D

Coroner's report:
    55 1/25, 117lbs

For comparison, modern size 0 clothing, depending on brand and style, fits measurements of 30-22-32. Marilyn's measurements were approximately 2-3 inches smaller than the average American woman in the 1950s and 12 inches smaller than the average woman today. Her clothing was either a size 8 or a 12 at the time (usually the dresses and blouses were larger, pants were smaller). However, as I mentioned before, sizes changed since the 1950s. According to today's sizing standards, that would be the equivalent of a size 6 or 8. She'd likely need an 8 for her bust, but with forgiving fabric, a 4 or a 6 would easily fit her hips.

The reason she looks curvaceous is due to her hourglass figure and petite stature. Her weight fluctuated throughout her career, rising in times of depression and falling back to her normal thereafter. Hollywood studios tended to list her between 115 and 120 lbs. Her BMI was thus in the 18.6 - 19.4 range, which places somewhere in the lower limit of the normal range. She was below her ideal weight according to the ideal weight calculator, which lists an ideal weight of 139.8 - 141.5 lbs for her height and age. So losing more than a few pounds could have even been unhealthy for her. She may not have been a "slip of a girl", but she was not plus size either. She was still a normal/healthy type of slim, like Kate Upton is today. For comparison, Upton has a BMI of 20, which is larger than Monroe's, however she is also taller than Monroe (510).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Norman Pride For This Useful Post:

The lion's gate
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 11:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Vlkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    For the record: I would agree M.M. is not plus-sized nor any of the other women who were mentioned - it's my entire point. "Plus-sized' just appears in the title of an article I found on curvy.com: to be plus-sized and to be curvy are two different things however.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Pride
    The reason she looks curvaceous is due to her hourglass figure and petite stature.
    M.M. doesn't simply appear curvaceous, she is all curves. Marilyn Monroe is synonymous with all things curvy, or was, before overweight/obese feminists tried to claim the word for themselves. Yet being overweight or obese has nothing to do with being curvy. A woman qualifies as curvy when having curves in the right places. We can pretend otherwise so everyone's feelings are protected, but the eyes don't lie - men are not going to perceive a woman differently because she slaps a different label on herself. It doesn't make her lose 15 kilogram.

To deny M.M. is curvy is just as wrong as calling her plus-sized; the latter may be something very slim women think when they see her, no idea.
    "I identify as fascistkin so my pronouns are hit/hitler/hitlerself." - Roxie Wolf

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Active Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Aries
    Politics
    Pro-Trump, Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    "Curvy" brings Dolly Parton to mind for me.

Active Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Norman & German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    To deny M.M. is curvy is just as wrong as calling her plus-sized; the latter may be something very slim women think when they see her, no idea.
    I didn't imply that she wasn't curvy, but that she wasn't plus sized. Curvy relates to a variety of body shapes (hourglass, pear, guitar, triangle, etc), not necessarily weight. So both a slim and a plus sized woman can be curvy, depending on the type of body they have.

A drawing of plus sized body types. The first two I would call curvy.

This is a plus sized model with a hourglass body. I would say she is curvy.

This woman is also plus sized, but she has a rectangle/banana body shape. I would not describe her as curvy.

This woman is slim, with an hourglass shape. I would say she is curvy.

Victoria Beckham has a rectangle body shape. I would not describe her as curvy

I would also add that while curvy is not related to a specific weight, losing too much weight has the potential to flatten a woman's curves, just like putting on too much weight can hide them. The same hourglass body with three different types of weight (under, normal and over). I would say curves look best on women within a normal, healthy weight range.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Norman Pride For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    No way curvy refers to slim chicks. Slim chicks are slender, lean, lissom, willowy, small, petite, or thin/skinny.

Curvy chicks = fat. Ok, maybe not all types of fat chicks, those morbidly obese chicks from my 600 lbs life can hardly call themselves curvy.

However, in America, when you say curvy, it's implied the chick has got some chub, if ya know what I mean. Sorta like this chick:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gefjon For This Useful Post:

Germanique extraordinaire
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    19 Minutes Ago @ 01:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gefjon View Post
    No way curvy refers to slim chicks. Slim chicks are slender, lean, lissom, willowy, small, petite, or thin/skinny.
    Not even this?

Name:  curv.png
Views: 32
Size:  1.39 MB

Curvy chicks = fat. Ok, maybe not all types of fat chicks, those morbidly obese chicks from my 600 lbs life can hardly call themselves curvy.
    I wonder how much of that is due to P.C.-language that has come to dominate polite discourse, as it's not allowed to simply call overweight people 'fat' anymore.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

15. The Following User Says Thank You to oreiar For This Useful Post:

Active Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Aries
    Politics
    Pro-Trump, Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    468 Posts

However, in America, when you say curvy, it's implied the chick has got some chub, if ya know what I mean. Sorta like this chick:

Yes, she is what I consider curvy.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast