Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    790 Posts
    I didn't ask for your life story or philosophical musings. If you're going to claim Norwegians are a "mixed people" (i.e. not Germanic, on par with other Germanic nations), at least have the courtesy to argue your case.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    I didn't ask for your life story or philosophical musings. If you're going to claim Norwegians are a "mixed people" (i.e. not Germanic, on par with other Germanic nations), at least have the courtesy to argue your case.
    I did. Norwegians now include Germanic and Saami, because Norway is no longer a nation-state. If you don't like it, don't shoot the messenger, but you can play Breivik if you think that will stop the multikult. Unless Saami is restricted to Finnmark, or Finnmark secedes, Norwegians are in the same situation as Finland regarding the Swedish minority. Facts.

What makes Norway a special case? You didn't contest the obvious circumstances on the Continent. When it's too close to home, freak out? I don't make miscegenationist laws like your politicians are doing. I wonder what PC reaction Hevneren would have to this.

Germanique extraordinaire
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    32 Minutes Ago @ 08:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post
    I did. Norwegians now include Germanic and Saami, because Norway is no longer a nation-state.
    Norwegians "include the Sami" just as much as Norwegians "include the Somalis". A ridiculous statement.

If you don't like it, don't shoot the messenger, but you can play Breivik if you think that will stop the multikult.
    Are you on FBI's payroll?

Unless Saami is restricted to Finnmark, or Finnmark secedes, Norwegians are in the same situation as Finland regarding the Swedish minority. Facts.
    Not at all. Both in relation to numbers (Samis in Norway are around 40.000 people; Finland-Swedes number around 300.000), and in relation to their position in the country (Swedish language being mandatory in all Finnish schools; while Sami is only heard by the average Norwegian on special state-run radio news shows a few minutes a day). Also, the share of ethnic Swedes in Finland has been quite substantial up until recent history, while the Sami in Norway has always been an extremely small (and largely irrelevant) minority.

What makes Norway a special case? You didn't contest the obvious circumstances on the Continent. When it's too close to home, freak out?
    I didn't freak out. I asked you a simple question, which you failed to answer.

Norwegians being a special case compared to Luxembourgians, Belgians and the Swiss? Well, the obvious answer to that is that Norway was 99% homogeneously Norwegian up until the 60s. While the other countries have been multilingual and multiethnic for centuries.

I don't make miscegenationist laws like your politicians are doing.
    That's no excuse for making retarded claims.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Norwegians "include the Sami" just as much as Norwegians "include the Somalis". A ridiculous statement.

Are you on FBI's payroll?

Not at all. Both in relation to numbers (Samis in Norway are around 40.000 people; Finland-Swedes number around 300.000), and in relation to their position in the country (Swedish language being mandatory in all Finnish schools; while Sami is only heard by the average Norwegian on special state-run radio news shows a few minutes a day). Also, the share of ethnic Swedes in Finland has been quite substantial up until recent history, while the Sami in Norway has always been an extremely small (and largely irrelevant) minority.

I didn't freak out. I asked you a simple question, which you failed to answer.

Norwegians being a special case compared to Luxembourgians, Belgians and the Swiss? Well, the obvious answer to that is that Norway was 99% homogeneously Norwegian up until the 60s. While the other countries have been multilingual and multiethnic for centuries.

That's no excuse for making retarded claims.
    If your government declares that Norwegian nationality can be changed by fiat to blur the lines with Finnics, at the same time they are granted special privileges for being an oppressed minority, that is a problem for the integrity of your country. Once again, it's a symptom of the times we live in and getting defensive about the reality you endure is misplaced angst. Others have to put up with similar bullshit elsewhere. Don't for once think that Norway is immune to the multikult, as some paradise. Everyone knows what is going on in Norden and it's enough to make Nordfolk depressed everywhere. The fact that you are immature about a simple empirical observation is even more disheartening. But yes, they're your issues to react to however you feel like.

Germanique extraordinaire
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    32 Minutes Ago @ 08:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    790 Posts
    Do you have the capacity to distinguish between 'Norway' and 'Norwegians'?

Norwegians remain the same, no matter what government policy is.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Do you have the capacity to distinguish between 'Norway' and 'Norwegians'?

Norwegians remain the same, no matter what government policy is.
    Government policy is to cultivate Marxist class warfare by merging Saami into the use of Norwegian as an umbrella term for all in Norway, whether or not you like that. Tell them to quit misrepresenting what it means to be Norwegian and that Saami need to be put back into their place. See if they give a rat's arse. You're barking up the wrong tree. It's not I who's betraying Norwegian folk by making it so "Norwegians" and "citizens of Norway" are two different things. Wulfhere and I dealt with this same problem on the Wikipedia article "English people", because the cultural Marxists insisted on appropriating our folk to serve South Asian and West Indian voting constituencies. I just watched him argue for months on this issue, to defend Englishness, but they didn't care.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 2nd, 2020 @ 03:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany and Denmark
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Taurus
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Translator
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    While the Lombards played an undeniable role in genetic history of northern Italy I don't think it's enough to call them Germanic now and the culture of their descendants has long since ceased to German. You do still see some blondes in northern Italy, and that's obviously from the Lombards. It's worth noting that many of the noble families of Italy were of Lombard origin, including that of Saint Thomas Aquinas.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grafin Johanna For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafin Johanna View Post
    While the Lombards played an undeniable role in genetic history of northern Italy I don't think it's enough to call them Germanic now and the culture of their descendants has long since ceased to German. You do still see some blondes in northern Italy, and that's obviously from the Lombards. It's worth noting that many of the noble families of Italy were of Lombard origin, including that of Saint Thomas Aquinas.
    It's seemingly forgotten by most Germanics that all of Italy was originally a Kingdom of the Lombards, but because the Byzantines established the Exarchate of Ravenna and the Franks established the Papal States, Naples and Sicily had Lombard duchies independent of the Iron Crown. If Germanic roots only meant the present Lombardy because of being under the same Reich as Germany, the Staufen also held Norman Naples and Sicily as well as Jerusalem, while Burgundy and Bohemia were also under the Reich for much longer.

What is and isn't Germanic, shouldn't depend on cohabitation within the Reichs with Germany or Austria, because most Germanic lands have existed outside both, whereas Germany and Austria have longest cohabited (over a thousand years) with non-Germanic realms inside their Reichs, not just Prussia but including Hungary most notably and Spain also significant. Lombards and at least were originally Germanic, but were Romanised. While Scotland and Ireland weren't Germanic, they're just a little less foreign than those once Germanic, because they've become Germanics by Anglicisation, whilst the Franks have failed to Germanise most populations under them and indeed been assimilated instead.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 9th, 2020 @ 12:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Hallstatt/Götatyp
    Single adult
    Politics
    for every man awoman of his race
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Probably more Germanic than Ireland, specially considering proximity and historical influences. Yet, here the Irish are given a "free pass" as Germanics because they are Northern. Such "oversight" does not extend to Northern Slavs, though.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenschlag View Post
    Probably more Germanic than Ireland, specially considering proximity and historical influences. Yet, here the Irish are given a "free pass" as Germanics because they are Northern. Such "oversight" does not extend to Northern Slavs, though.
    What about the case for regional differences within Italy and Ireland? As many have said, Lombardy is the most Germanic, being adjacent to Alpine German states and most feel like it's a foreign country across the Tiber. On the other hand, Ulster is Anglo-Scottish, Dublin and Meath may be Anglo-Manx, Leinster is Anglo-Welsh, Munster may be Anglo-Cornish and as for Connaught, it has to be probably more a bit Franco-Breton regarding preference for Romance Celticity.

I guess there's no avoiding the "Italo-Celtic" paragroup, where perhaps Celtic is relative to Baltic and Italic to Slavic, in Balto-Slavic. Baltic has been subsumed within Germanic before on a similar level to Celtic and in both cases, most have felt this less a problem than either Slavic or Italic. I'm not expressing any preference when I merely mention the capacity for leverage over the disparate populations. It's a lot harder to maintain domination over the latter two.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast