Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

How Germanic Is Italy?

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t173209/

On Stormfront, I had a thread closed for asking about the Germanic quotient of Italy, which baffled me. I'm a fan of the Goths and Lombards, while it's obvious the Savoyards are of Germanic descent. The Lombardisch tongue is West Germanic, hochdeutsch, so really the reason for the Lombard Kingdom of Italy to fit alongside Germany in the Reich.

The Papacy has done a lot to vilify the Goths and Vandals for Arianism and likewise marked the Kaisers as illegitimate rulers of Rome for being Germanic. Nonetheless, all of the West Roman Empire based at Ravenna was transformed into Germanic, no matter Renaissance and Counter-Reformation efforts to purge places like Italy and even France. It was the Gothic race that achieved Reconquista.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    518 Posts
    The only Germanic part of Italy is South Tyrol, which is actually stolen German soil, not Italian. The majority of South Tyroleans feel closer to Austrians than they do to Italians. Italians on the other hand are not Germanic, neither by culture nor by blood/genetics. Any Gothic/Vandalic/Lombardic presence has long been assimilated, just like in other non-Germanic countries where these tribes dwelled at some point. You don't see anyone in their right mind claiming that Spain, the Ukraine or Romania are Germanic either. So, to answer the question, any Germanic influence in present day Italy is minor at best.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nachtengel For This Useful Post:

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 09:41 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts
    First off, perhaps it's because I've stumbled across these right after each other, but what business do you have in trying to claim Germanic heritage into every other European country? Our forebears traveled around the place a lot so you'll find influences virtually everywhere, but it doesn't make these countries Germanic. I'm going to give the benefit of doubt at this point, but I'll be "watching this spot", because we've "been there, done that", we've also had people claim Russia was Germanic because they thought Jaroslav was a Germanic name for its scandinavised version Jarisleif.

Talking about the general question: As far as Italy is concerned, the test isn't all that easy. Leaving away South Tyrol (which for all intents and purposes isn't considered to be "Italy" here or amongst any serious Nationalist/patriot) which was unlawfully snatched in 1919 after irredentist propaganda called the Glockenkarkopf mountain on the water-sheath "Vetta d'Italia" and other such crap...

... most of the rest of Italy doesn't have that much Germanic, or even Celtic influence after all. The historical influence is greater in the North, i.e. north of the Rimini-La Spezia line: This was historical Gallia Cisalpina, was later historical old Lombardy et. al., and this is where much of the Italian renaissance came from, too - which was relatively successful in its reception also in our countries.

That being said, the old Longobard language has been dead for over a thousand years. As such, as far as we're concerned there isn't a out-and-all "Persilschein" we're going to give to people from that area. If people from there look, act and talk the part and strongly identify with the Germanic heritage of their area, fine, we'll accept their claim of Germanendom strictly on a case-to-case-basis only.

Anything beyond that, however, is pushing an agenda. Sicily doesn't become Thule for a handful of Viking raids, sorry to disappoint there.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Everyone knows my Nordicist reputation, so I'm going out on a limb here to play devil's advocate:

It's ironic that the NS platform demanded lebensborn and lebensraum, since that's what made Romance Europe, yet what have we seen at Skadi?

Disowning the greatest Völkerwanderung-spawn, Goths of Italy and Spain, who have been thrown under the bus by both Nordicist and Medicist biases rooted in Ghibelline-Protestant and Guelph-Catholic triumphalism. Goths with Theodoric and Wulfila preceded the Gutenberg Bible and Wycliffe/Hus/Luther by over a thousand years (while our ancestors with Charlemagne bowed to the Pope), but are trivialised for simply being based in the Mediterranean, whilst also subjected to a purity test by the Renaissance Vatican demand for necromancing Gręcoroman heritage, part of their war on Germans like the Staufen.

Consequently, Italians and Spaniards are shorn of their Germanic roots, forced to LARP as artificially reconstructed "Latinos" and "Hispanics". Individually, Italy is Lombard, Spain is Vandal and Portugal is Swabian, France, Belgium and Luxembourg are Frank and Switzerland is Burgundian. Don't know what is so bad about playing up the Germanic roots and downplaying the theocratic faēade of Romance countries, all of them being tied by both Goths and the Vatican, nothing more or less, but it is a hypostatic arrangement.

Therefore, I no longer care about the Nord vs Med feud, except to state that the Vatican establishment is the only actual Roman one and the rest are fundamentally Germanic, except Andorra manages to combine the two, under the Bishop of Urgell. All who choose Germanic heritage over Roman obedience, simply live free of chains that ought to bind the Vatican (or if this along with Andorra can be abolished in exchange for Sicily and Naples) with Romania in the same way that Greece and Cyprus belong together--the true Gręcoroman world, to which so-called Latinos and Hispanics don't really belong, when most of the Italo-Celtic West belongs to R1b Y-DNA haplogroup, no different than Germanics, a proof of roots.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Dutch, Low German & French
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Free & Libertarian
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    So if I understand this correctly, you consider Italians Germanic as long as they identify as such?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Idis For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Idis View Post
    So if I understand this correctly, you consider Italians Germanic as long as they identify as such?
    Must I rant about the Mafia ruining my hometown, or may I try to be objective?

I'm sure some here are well aware of Austrians with Tyrolean ancestry and Tyroleans of Austrian ancestry, no different than the matter of Flemings in either Belgium or France.

I'm only saying the potential is there, not a brick wall, for Germanic admixed Celtic, Romance and Finnic folks, or Celtic, Romance and Finnic admixed Germanic folks, being the status quo in Europe long before any of us were twinkles in our fathers' eyes. It's either a case of only Austrians, Liechtensteiners, Germans, Dutch, Danes, Swedes, Icelanders, Britons, Americans and Australians being acceptable Germanic monocultures, or also making the case for admixed peoples like Swiss, Luxembourgers, Belgians, Irish, Norwegians, Finns and Canadians. New Zealanders and South Africans are basically Mestizos and Mulattos. I am speaking to the national averages of officially bicultural countries and agnostic about individual litmus test pass or fail.

Who can verify anyway? I'm sure my Anglocentric fanaticism is evidence of coming from a bloody-minded Yorkshire family, but not everyone has a nuanced capacity to detect fitness for Germanic compatibility.

Germanique extraordinaire
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    35 Minutes Ago @ 12:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    777 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post
    It's either a case of only Austrians, Liechtensteiners, Germans, Dutch, Danes, Swedes, Icelanders, Britons, Americans and Australians being acceptable Germanic monocultures, or also making the case for admixed peoples like Swiss, Luxembourgers, Belgians, Irish, Norwegians, Finns and Canadians. New Zealanders and South Africans are basically Mestizos and Mulattos.
    Uhm...excuse me? Are you being serious?
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    Uhm...excuse me? Are you being serious?
    Just Saami. It's been recent government policy to make Finnmark equal to the Germanic basis of Norway, so unless this can be overturned or Finnmark, Lapland and the Kola form a Saami nation separately from their host countries, I'm afraid state multikult is what Norway faces, but it's really not that different from Finland. I had the same reaction when seeing Saami an official language of Norway, but I suppose it's unsurprising. King Harald is a little like Prince Charles.

Germanique extraordinaire
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    35 Minutes Ago @ 12:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    777 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post
    Just Saami. It's been recent government policy to make Finnmark equal to the Germanic basis of Norway, so unless this can be overturned or Finnmark, Lapland and the Kola form a Saami nation separately from their host countries, I'm afraid state multikult is what Norway faces, but it's really not that different from Finland. I had the same reaction when seeing Saami an official language of Norway, but I suppose it's unsurprising. King Harald is a little like Prince Charles.
    You specifically referred to Norwegians, not Norway. What percentage of the Norwegian genepool do you reckon is of Sami origin?

By the way, the Sami constitute a very tiny minority in Norway, and aren't even a majority in Finnmark.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    You specifically referred to Norwegians, not Norway. What percentage of the Norwegian genepool do you reckon is of Sami origin?

By the way, the Sami constitute a very tiny minority in Norway, and aren't even a majority in Finnmark.
    I recall Renee Zellweger being thought of as special as a half Saami-Swiss, whatever the reality is about Germanic roots. This is the future type "Norwegian" that Varg bemoaned when laughing about Burzum's murdered member being untermensch. No longer shall Norwegian be Germanic and Saami be Finnic, but one hybrid child people of the State, like French now meaningless for ethnic designation. Breivik referred to these people as being his enemies and justification for his violence.

However, Finnmark cultural equality in Norway cannot be altogether different than not just Åland, but all of Finland being made to observe Swedish equality. It matters not what proportions are involved. Give them an inch and they will take a mile, so it's too bad that Finnmark alone isn't just the fylke where Saami is official. The multikult slippery slope is everywhere that folks are overconfident and play ostriches, replete with heads in the sand. You know, there are still deniers of Malmö being a no-go zone.

Come on man, I'm only saying what your own nationalist countrymen complained about, basically a decade ago, in PM on ABF. Publicly, however, I was ridiculed by Eurocentrists for making a thread addressing the issue of "privileged indigenes" in Sapmi perhaps forming a secessionist nation-state like Czechoslovakia did when leaving Austria-Hungary, expressly to avoid another civic nation in Europe. Eurocentrists can't get enough civic nationalism, hating Brexit and Anglo-American special relations, etc.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast