Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: How Germanic Is Italy?

  1. #31
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 07:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Age
    27
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Logos
    Posts
    721
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    106
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    I think too many of these arguments rely on the inherent assumption that being Germanic makes one superior. Maybe that’s one’s view, but not necessarily mine. I respect and find other European ethnicities and meta ethnicities interesting without wanting to mix with them.

    Italy is without a doubt a Romance country. Because some Lombards established a kingdom there a long time ago does not change that. Trying to follow this logic is tedious and based on bad preconceptions in my opinion. Is Russia Germanic now because of Rurik? What about the Lebanese, because a “Frankish” king and a bunch of his buddies ruled them 900 years ago? It gets crazy. It’s almost the inverse confusion tactic leftists use: “how do you define White?”

    Is an Italian who thinks he’s a pure Langobard really useful to anyone or desirable? Or is he just a crazy LARPer? Can’t we just appreciate the Germanic Kingdoms in their historical context?

  2. #32
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 07:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Age
    27
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Logos
    Posts
    721
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    106
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterland View Post
    What about the Viking settlements in Ireland? Our family came originally from a Viking town in Ireland because of Vikings establishing some trade routes such as Dublin, Vadrefjord, and Cork. I read that a few Norwegian settlements in Ireland eventually intermingled with the Celts over time due to trading, wealth and close proximity. Some Viking men married Irish women locally and tended farms. Other Viking men may have moved on looking for riches in other locations. One Irish king complained about the amount of Norseman language in Ireland and eventually raided their towns resulting in high number of deaths. In fact Norsemen and Irish nobles would marry to overtake other Irish lords. The name "Ire" is Irish, but land is German. Vikings also took some Irish for slaves back to Iceland and other Islands for populating. How can you resist a pretty Irish lass? (LOL)
    To be fair, at the time the Vikings were a scourge on the people of the British Isles, who literally came to rape and pillage. Dublin became the largest slave port in Northern Europe under them. Many important people in the Isles were murdered in cold blood when ransoms couldn’t be paid. They were so hated that Æthelræd Unræd ordered all Danish men in England executed (which actually led to Danish invasion and rule). Viewing it as anything else is a little bit of a disservice to one’s ancestors if they were from these areas.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to leRoux For This Useful Post:


  4. #33
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,098
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    185
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leRoux View Post
    I think too many of these arguments rely on the inherent assumption that being Germanic makes one superior. Maybe that’s one’s view, but not necessarily mine. I respect and find other European ethnicities and meta ethnicities interesting without wanting to mix with them.

    Italy is without a doubt a Romance country. Because some Lombards established a kingdom there a long time ago does not change that. Trying to follow this logic is tedious and based on bad preconceptions in my opinion. Is Russia Germanic now because of Rurik? What about the Lebanese, because a “Frankish” king and a bunch of his buddies ruled them 900 years ago? It gets crazy. It’s almost the inverse confusion tactic leftists use: “how do you define White?”

    Is an Italian who thinks he’s a pure Langobard really useful to anyone or desirable? Or is he just a crazy LARPer? Can’t we just appreciate the Germanic Kingdoms in their historical context?
    Every West Germanic country is biologically Italo-Celtic R1b haplogroup, so Germanic civic nationalism won't save them, only a greater preponderance of Germanic I1 haplogroup. All West Germanics are destined to go the way of the West Germanic Lombards, no matter how Ireland is culturally assimilated by England. There's a difference between blood and culture.

    Quote Originally Posted by leRoux View Post
    To be fair, at the time the Vikings were a scourge on the people of the British Isles, who literally came to rape and pillage. Dublin became the largest slave port in Northern Europe under them. Many important people in the Isles were murdered in cold blood when ransoms couldn’t be paid. They were so hated that Æthelræd Unræd ordered all Danish men in England executed (which actually led to Danish invasion and rule). Viewing it as anything else is a little bit of a disservice to one’s ancestors if they were from these areas.
    Not so! Slavery was widespread in Europe and the Danes were hated for being Heathens, a remark made at the time understanding them as how the Saxons used to be perceived by the Britons. Furthermore, I resent your monkish bandwagoneering about raping and pillaging: My forefathers only came in 1066 to support Harald III of Norway take the English throne and Tostig get the Northumbrian jarldom back; after Stamford, my forefather settled down in a nearby Wolds farm and married the Norse heiress to co-own the manor before relocating to a new farm estate in the Dales, which he named after his wife yet owned outright and this is my surname. Although I wish Godwinson had waited for the Bastard to invade and let us Northmen do our own thing, I appreciate having the Domesday Book to reference all of this.

  5. #34
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 07:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Age
    27
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Logos
    Posts
    721
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    106
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Kidnapping and murdering the Archbishop of Canterbury is pretty egregious. England as a nation was forged through the need to come together to defeat the Norse invaders. This sentiment is epitomised in the Sermon of the Wolf. Regardless of one’s opinion on religion, as one with nationalist sentiment you would at the time view the Norse as the biggest threat to your people, were you alive in the 8th to 11th centuries.

  6. #35
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,098
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    185
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    You haven't heard of Henry II and Thomas Beckett? That is anachronistic justification for Saxon usurpations of Angle sovereignties. In point of fact, Eadric of Mercia sided with the Danes over the Saxons. In Schleswig-Holstein, the Saxons, like their Frankish overlords beforehand, tried to invade and annex the Angles and Jutes, but the Danes built the Danevirke to protect their countrymen. In England, Saxons had already invaded and annexed the Jutes right before the Danes came. Therefore, the typical hogwash propaganda won't stick.

  7. #36
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 07:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Age
    27
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Logos
    Posts
    721
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    106
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    I am really not understanding your point, but I think I'm going to let the thread go back to the topic of Italy being Germanic.

  8. #37
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,098
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    185
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leRoux View Post
    I am really not understanding your point, but I think I'm going to let the thread go back to the topic of Italy being Germanic.
    Are Tyroleans Germanic Italians or Romance Austrians?

  9. #38
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 07:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Age
    27
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Logos
    Posts
    721
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    106
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Tyroleans are Austrians whom happen to live in a Romance state.

  10. #39
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,098
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    185
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leRoux View Post
    Tyroleans are Austrians whom happen to live in a Romance state.
    What are Austrians, in your definition? Are they not themselves cut off from Germany because of their loyalty to Rome? Bismarck tried to reason with them and they wouldn't listen, but it's ironic that Prussia did "join" Germany and now no longer exists. If Prussia stayed aloof like Austria and left Hannover alone, they would still exist likewise--no World Wars. So, maybe if Bavaria was a country of its own in which Austria and the Tyrol belonged, that would be better. If Saxony and Hannover united as Germany, it would be an organic volksgemeinschaft. Prussia should have had the Polish Crown instead. I'm not sure about Württemberg and how they ought to have aligned, but probably with Switzerland and Liechtenstein, in a similar grouping as Benelux.

  11. #40
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 07:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Age
    27
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Logos
    Posts
    721
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    106
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Well it's quite clear that Austrians are almost certainly Levantine invaders posing as Germans. Everyone south of Calais is a nigger.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 188
    Last Post: Sunday, December 29th, 2019, 07:38 PM
  2. Germanic Rotterdam & Germanic San Diego; of Equal Importance?
    By OneEnglishNorman in forum Questions About Germanics
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Monday, September 24th, 2018, 03:11 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, April 26th, 2016, 04:31 PM
  4. Mocheno / Bersntolerisch - Germanic language in N. Italy
    By Sigurd in forum Germanic Diaspora, Enclaves, & Influences
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Monday, October 1st, 2007, 01:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •