Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    I am in a lock down region now. In my opinion, I think we're supposed to quarantine infected patients at home like TB and Scarlet Fever as health department practiced years ago in the US. Then, use the law to keep them at home. I've questioned the procedures since grocery stores and super-centers have lines in them for weeks as we stock up on food. Most meats are all gone and rationed now so I can thank my deep-freezer and over-stocking for "natural" disasters in the past. After two hoax campaigns against Trump (no evidence yet) and Brexit, I am not sure what to think. I believe the disease exists like the flu, but it's along the lines of average flu risk? For this year, CDC states, "as of January 18, 2020, there have been 15 million cases of flu, 140,000 hospitalizations, and 8200 deaths in the US this influenza season." Some bad flu years can rank up to 65,000 deaths in the US.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterland For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    I live in a metropolitan immigrant population that don't offer a high sense of self-governing and hygiene so officials apply this "hammer effect" to control the disease spread or at best, slow it down. Many South Asians and Mexicans originally do not have the best sanitary practices so we get the one "all" treatment effect. Workers complain to me months ago that ME and other nonwhites don't cover their mouths when they sneeze at the counters. Proper hygiene makes a difference to prevent any virus. Most likely, there will be a rebound effect too after these quarantines have been lifted, and people will start to interact at work and school settings. So, we may be delaying the inevitable.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winterland For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 @ 02:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    Family
    Two sisters
    Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

jewish Holiday Sukkot Coincided with Event 201 & World Military Games in Wuhan

"The land lies fallow, for they neither sow nor reap therein, and sell us neither fruits nor other products of the field, so that those of us who live among them die of hunger."

More...

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 @ 02:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    Family
    Two sisters
    Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

The CDC Started Looking for Quarantine Advisors Last November, Before the Coronavirus Crisis

This clearly shows that the CDC was planning a quarantine program before the coronavirus "pandemic" and actively began recruiting for positions on November 15, 2019

More...

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    It looks like Trump is of the same opinion as myself. Many of the governors (like Cuomo and Newsom) are saying this could go on for months if not more then a year. If Trump can discard the business shutdowns and stay-at-home orders while minimizing deaths from covid-19 he'll win in a landslide in November and the Democrats may never recover.

Italian authorities think the actual number of cases in Italy are at least ten times greater then confirmed cases. Which means the death rate is only 1/10 or less then what is assumed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ćmeric For This Useful Post:

Whamen Respekter
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    14 Minutes Ago @ 01:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ćmeric View Post
    Italian authorities think the actual number of cases in Italy are at least ten times greater then confirmed cases. Which means the death rate is only 1/10 or less then what is assumed.
    Hard to know how many cases go under the radar, but I think the best assessment can be taken by looking at the countries which have performed the mosts tests so far. From what I can tell, Norway has performed the mosts tests per million inhabitants, followed by South-Korea and Italy.

As of March 24th:

Norway
    tests: 70,608
    test per million people: 13,155
    positive tests: 2774
    performed tests per positive: 25.4
    deaths per 100 positive cases: 0.43

South-Korea
    tests: 348,582
    test per million people: 6,742
    positive tests: 9,037
    performed tests per positive: 38.5
    deaths per 100 positive cases: 1.32

Italy
    tests: 275,468
    tests per million people: 4,586
    positive tests: 63,927
    performed tests per positive: 4.3
    deaths per 100 positive cases: 10.6

South-Korea is probably the best country to base an assessment off of, as of yet, as they have performed a lot of random tests, and not primarily testing people suspected of being infected (as is the case in Norway and Italy), so their percentage of positive test results are likely more representative of the actual rate of infection among the population. South-Korea is also the only of them which is currently seeing a decline in active cases. Since the estimated incubation period (time from infection to onset of symptoms) is between 2 and 14 days, and the estimated time of death after onset of symptoms is +2 weeks, the mortality rate probably has a lag of around 3-5 weeks.

Standard of healthcare will play into it as well, which South-Korea seems to have advantage in compared to most Western countries. A large country, with many hospital beds (and respirators) per capita, will also have an easier time absorbing the people who become infected and sick, if the number of cases doesn't reach a high percentage of the population. Italy only has about 9 million more inhabitants than South-Korea, but 7 times more confirmed cases (and likely a lot more cases in actual numbers, due to a lower rate of testing), thus having a harder time absorbing the patients in need of intensive care.

Also, keep in mind that among the cases in Italy which has had an outcome, 55% have recovered and 45% have died. Even if they've only managed to pick up 1/10 of the infected people through testing, that would still imply a mortality rate of 4.5%. That's still around 15 million people in the US who would die of the coronavirus, if they follow the same trajectory and procedure as Italy currently is doing.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ţoreiđar For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 05:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    It looks like Trump is of the same opinion as myself. Many of the governors (like Cuomo and Newsom) are saying this could go on for months if not more then a year. If Trump can discard the business shutdowns and stay-at-home orders while minimizing deaths from covid-19 he'll win in a landslide in November and the Democrats may never recover.

Indeed, now more or less only patients admitted to intensive care are tested. If the death rate is 7% for those in intensive care, that does not say much. Maybe it's even good.

Since we do not have widespread randomized testing we do not know. I believe that such testing has revealed that most infected have mild to no symptoms at all. So of all infected, large portion will not even know that they were ever infected. Of those remaining a lard part will not be so relatively well that they, as good citizens, will not bother the hospitals. So, we basically only know how many that need intensive care. So, multiply the figure with 10 to 20 or so.

Still, every year we lose somewhat north of one percent of the population. And most people who will die from this are so old or sick that they would have died in the next few ears anyway. This over reaction, driven by a hysterical click-baiting media and cowardly politicians, will hurt way more than the virus ever could. Because, and this is important, even if we were to eradicate the virus now, it would soon flare up again. As long as there is one carrier, or one comes in from abroad, we would be back were we had begun. So this will be a running battle for at least 18 months or so. Do you think that the economy can survive being shut down until next summer? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterland View Post
    I live in a metropolitan immigrant population that don't offer a high sense of self-governing and hygiene so officials apply this "hammer effect" to control the disease spread or at best, slow it down. Many South Asians and Mexicans originally do not have the best sanitary practices so we get the one "all" treatment effect. Workers complain to me months ago that ME and other nonwhites don't cover their mouths when they sneeze at the counters. Proper hygiene makes a difference to prevent any virus. Most likely, there will be a rebound effect too after these quarantines have been lifted, and people will start to interact at work and school settings. So, we may be delaying the inevitable.
    Those most affected here in Sweden seems to be Somalis. Who could have guessed?

The suburbs, packed with immigrants, living in apartments designed for three people rather than fifteen. Multiple generations living together. That will not end well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neophyte For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Logos
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I disagree with this, because as has been shown in the thread already, this will collapse the healthcare system in any country if the "let it run its course" approach is taken. People who need to go the ICU because of a heart attack or other emergency will simply die as this progresses. The collateral damage will be immense. In China, if the numbers are to believed, we saw people essentially being kidnapped to be taken into quarantine, domiciles welded shut, and drones policing the people to take hygiene precautions and social distancing measures. This won't happen in the United States.

But that aside, can I point out that the most vulnerable demographic: those over 65, are predominantly White, whom typically lean conservative. Imagine the overnight changes in the more diverse states. By the end of the year, we could potentially see 25% of this population eliminated, maybe more as the death rate increases with decreasing resources to treat those suffering.

https://www.brookings.edu/interactiv...on-gap-mapped/

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leRoux For This Useful Post:

The Covid-19 pandemic has spawned another epidemic, of incessant celebrity attention-seeking

A bevy of housebound celebrities have turned a global calamity into a stage-5 narcissism outbreak, in which they compulsively spew their mindless thoughts and feelings upon the rest of us.

Coronavirus is a terrible malady that is killing people and the global economy, but it isn’t the most pernicious pandemic afflicting the globe right now. No, the most diabolical disease currently in circulation is the dreaded Celebrivirus. The onset of the Celebrivirus starts with a steady stream of verbal diarrhea gushing forth from empty-headed, self-absorbed, attention-starved celebrities, which is quickly followed by convulsive puking and rage headaches from the rest of us.

The most recent outbreak of Celebrivirus began with a plethora of Covid-19-related videos from a cavalcade of self-aggrandizing stars. For instance, Matthew McConaughey thought that now was a good time to espouse his incoherent optimism regarding coronavirus. The Typhoid Mary of Celebrivirus, Madonna, rose from the grave that is her moribund career so that she could, in the nude of course, benevolently inform us that Covid-19 has, in fact, made us all equal.

Serena Williams publicly lamented that she was “stressed” over the coronavirus. Not having to worry about losing her job, or being evicted, she’s struggling with her stress while safely tucked away in her mansion with her husband, daughter and her gobs of money. Serena explained, “I don't hang out with anyone, and when I say anyone I mean my daughter. She coughed, I got angry and gave her a side-eye. I gave her that ‘angry Serena’ and then I got sad.” Shock of shocks that Serena’s number one priority is the well-being of Serena, and not the health of her toddler daughter. Serena has a boatload of tennis championships, but it seems like the title that will forever elude her is Mother of the Year.

The Celebrivirus that forced McConaughey, Madonna and Serena to compulsively share their idiocy, has also mutated into song version. Self-adoring U2 frontman Bono caught the Celebrivirus bug and decided to share with humanity an original song he conjured related to Covid-19. Yikes… this song is pretentious, even for Bono, the Crown Prince of Pretension. Note to aging restless rockstars recording shelter-in-place mediocrity: At least make it remotely decent before you drown us in pompous indulgence.

The most egregious of all the Celebrivirus videos came from Gal Gadot of Wonder Woman fame, who recruited a bunch of her patronizing and condescending celebrity friends like Kristen Wiig, Jamie Dornan, Mark Ruffalo, Amy Adams, Sarah Silverman, James Marsden, Natalie Portman, Sia, Labrinth, Pedro Pascal, Zoe Kravitz and Will Ferrell, who looked like he had just ingested his body weight in cocaine, to sing a truly nauseating version of John Lennon’s iconic kumbaya knock-off ‘Imagine.’ On the best of days, ‘Imagine’ is a cringe-worthy number, but in the hands of these smug and self-satisfied jackasses it rockets into the stratosphere of saccharine dreadfulness. If John Lennon were alive to see this cloying, celebrity-fueled monstrosity he would beat Mark David Chapman to the punch and shoot himself in front of the Dakota Building just to end his own mortification and misery.

The fact that these filthy-rich stars, not a single one of which is not a multi-millionaire, chose to un-ironically sing the lyric, “Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can, no need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man,” when there are millions of people potentially facing evictions from their apartments, foreclosures on their homes, losing their jobs and life savings, not to mention the fear of getting sick and dying, is a staggering testament to their delusional fanaticism and fatuousness. Yes, Wonder Woman and friends, people can imagine life with no possessions because most of them live a life with few or no possessions…especially now, since the ranks of the unemployed are swelling from the coronavirus depression. It is easy to sing about a world of no greed or hunger when you are rich and nourished. I wonder if they hum “Imagine” to themselves as they drive past the filthy hordes living in cardboard boxes on the street?

It would have been less offensive if Gal and her cornucopia of celebrity clowns started a band named The Marie Antoinettes, then wrote and performed their new song, titled “Let Them Eat Cake.” They are so in the thrall of the Celebrivirus they actually thought their syrupy crooning from the security of their golden-gated castles would ingratiate them to the masses rather than inflame hatred. When I watched these various vacuous and vapid Celebrivirus videos, I didn’t have the insipid ‘Imagine’ playing in my mind. No, my soundtrack was Radiohead’s ‘Paranoid Android’ with its wishful lyric, when I am king, you will be first against the wall, with your opinion which is of no consequence at all.

On the bright side, at least the Celebrivirus is bringing ordinary people together out of common animosity toward these narcissists. I know hate is supposed to be bad, but I think in this case it is healthy and helps to keep our collective immune system robust. As for a cure for the dreaded Celebrivirus, scientists have found only one…and that is for celebrities to simply keep their moronic mouths shut. In other words…there is no cure.

It´s like CNN or Angelina Jolie for the "freedom" of Syria, Hollywood Stars MeToo for Women´s Lib. in Kabul, Gaza & Baghdad or the "Promis" for refugees, Ausländer and Have Nots! What do they know about those people? They never MEET them! At the end it´s ELITES DEBATES which ahev NOTHING in COMMON with the FOLK`s DEBATES and ISSUES! My problem is NOT their problem! Mine is a better share of the pie! Theirs is NOT TO FURTER SHARE!

They simply cannot abide the lack of attention they didn't deserve in the first place.

Marie-Antoinette never said “let them eat cake”. There is nothing common between her and a bunch of uneducated frivolous navel-gazing prats.

To paraphrase The Joker, "What this world needs is an enema". No truer words have been spoken.

As Ricky Gervais said, and more generally; "they are coming for you." If you know what I mean. Lots to hide.

R T: The Covid-19 pandemic has spawned another epidemic, of incessant celebrity attention-seeking 24 III 2020.

Last night 4 military helicopters sprayed ALL Northern Ireland. I don't know with what.This morning the paving back and front was stained, even the door steps.

The lion's gate
    Last Online
    2 Minutes Ago @ 01:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAtoday
    Maricopa County medical director: Schools, restaurants shouldn't have closed

Maricopa County's disease control division medical director said Monday that she didn't agree with Gov. Doug Ducey's decision to shutter schools, restaurants and other public places amid COVID-19 concerns.

Dr. Rebecca Sunenshine told the Phoenix City Council that it was her opinion that the decision to close down public spaces was made too early.

"I would try to minimize spread, maximize distance but keep facilities open because I think this is going to be a long haul," she said.

Last week, Ducey ordered schools, restaurants, bars, gyms and entertainment facilities to close in hopes of slowing the spread of COVID-19.

“These latest actions are based on the facts and on data, and come after careful consultation with public health experts from every county in Arizona, our hospitals, local elected officials, and private sector partners," Ducey said in a statement last week.

"They reflect guidance from the CDC and the latest recommendations from our Department of Health Services, while going even further to bolster our efforts with additional manpower and resources."

There is no scheduled end date for the business closures. Schools are scheduled to re-open April 13, but that date has already been pushed back once.

Arizona now has 234 identified cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, a database from the Arizona Department of Health Services showed on Monday.

'There's no exit strategy'

Sunenshine did not diminish the seriousness of the novel coronavirus in her discussion with the Phoenix City Council Monday.

But she disagreed on how to handle the spread of the disease. A vaccine is likely more than a year away from distribution, and it's unsustainable to ask businesses and schools to close for that period of time, she said.

"There's no exit strategy," Sunenshine said.

She said forced closures and shelter-in-place orders should be reserved for when the health care system is nearing capacity and will soon be unable to treat all patients.

The county's not there yet, Sunenshine said. In fact, the health care system is not even as burdened as it usually is during a typical flu season, she said.

She's not recommending a free-for-all.

Sunenshine is still advising seniors and people with chronic health conditions to stay home, and suggests everyone else practice social distancing: Stay six feet from other people, sanitize frequently and don't touch your face.

"There’s enough community spread that all of us need to assume we’re being exposed at some point in our day," Sunenshine said, emphasizing the need for sanitation and social distancing.

But the government can't expect people to isolate for a year — and there's more to public health than just not contracting COVID-19.

People still need exercise, socialization, access to food and the ability to sustain their livelihood. She suggested businesses, libraries and other facilities re-open but with extra parameters in place to create more distance between people.

For example, tables at restaurants could be spread further apart.

On schools, Sunenshine said several times that science does not support shutting schools.

"Because of the way the disease affects children so much less than adults, the science tells us that closing schools doesn't have any effect on (slowing the spread of COVID-19)," Sunenshine said.

She said the governor knows this, and "there must have been something else that was pressuring him to make that decision (to close schools)."

"I respect the governor and I respect the position that he's in, but there must have been other factors beyond the science," she said.

Sunenshine also told the council to think locally: Maricopa County's situation is not the same as Seattle's or New York City's. Elected officials should look to their own community when making decisions, she said.

"You all work for the local government," she said. "Try to focus on what people are telling us in this area."

Board of Supervisors defends doctor

Sunenshine's comments, which run in contrast to what many other public health professionals are advising, were met with backlash on social media. Some even called for the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors to fire her for her opinions.

The board released a statement defending Sunenshine Tuesday and said that the board "will continue to seek her counsel to guide our decisions during this time."

"Her opinion has always been that political leaders should wait until we reach a critical number of cases in the community because COVID-19 is not going away in two weeks or even two months. Closing critical infrastructure can have negative effects on the public health of the community beyond one virus," the statement said.

The board said that Sunenshine's advice "in no way rebukes the difficult decisions made by Governor Ducey and county leadership."

"We need level-headed medical professionals to guide us. She will remain a trusted voice at the county as we navigate the uncharted waters of this pandemic," the board said.
    Source: USAtoday

Quote Originally Posted by NYT
    Texas and Ohio Include Abortion as Medical Procedures That Must Be Delayed

The moves by the states set off a new front in the political fight over abortion during the coronavirus pandemic.
    Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas declared a statewide public health disaster because of the coronavirus this month.

By Sabrina Tavernise

Texas and Ohio have included abortions among the nonessential surgeries and medical procedures that they are requiring to be delayed, setting off a new front in the fight over abortion rights in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic in the United States.

Both states said they were trying to preserve extremely precious protective equipment for health care workers and to make space for a potential flood of coronavirus patients.

But abortion rights activists said that abortions should be counted as essential and that people could not wait for the procedure until the pandemic was over.

On Monday, Ken Paxton, the attorney general of Texas, clarified that the postponement of surgeries and medical procedures announced by Gov. Greg Abbott over the weekend included “any type of abortion that is not medically necessary to preserve the life or health of the mother.”

Failure to do so, he said, could result in penalties of up to $1,000 or 180 days of jail time. It was not immediately clear if that included medication abortion, which involves providers administering pills in the earlier stages of pregnancy.

The move followed a similar action by health authorities in Ohio last week and has prompted a legal scramble by abortion rights groups to preserve access. Activists accused state leaders of using the coronavirus crisis to advance a political agenda to restrict abortions. They pointed out that the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a respected society of medical professionals, recommended last week that abortion not be included in the list of medical procedures that could potentially be postponed.

“Instead of trying to distract with ideology, state lawmakers should focus on prioritizing public health and safety measures,” said Tara Pohlmeyer, communications manager at Progress Texas, a group that supports abortion rights.

The states, for their part, said they were trying to protect public health and preserve critical medical equipment at a time when the country’s health infrastructure is in danger of being overwhelmed. Mr. Paxton said in his statement that routine dermatologic, ophthalmological and dental procedures, as well as orthopedic surgeries, were also included.

“The bottom line is, these abortions must be delayed,” said Joe Pojman, executive director of Texas Alliance for Life, one of the state’s main anti-abortion groups. He said Texas was not “singling out any particular procedure or any segment of the health care industry.”

The announcement in Texas on Monday sent abortion rights advocates and their lawyers racing to determine how likely it was that clinics would need to stop abortion services.

“We are still waiting for various legal teams and local providers to work through what it means,” said the Very Rev. Katherine Hancock Ragsdale, president of the National Abortion Federation.

Texas has a history of being on the vanguard of reducing abortion access. The last major Supreme Court decision on abortion, in 2016, involved a restrictive law in Texas. But it was still not clear on Monday night whether the state’s abortion clinics would stop providing services. Some seemed determined to continue.

“Patients cannot wait until this pandemic is over to receive safe abortion care,” Amy Hagstrom Miller, president of Whole Woman’s Health, the abortion clinic at the center of the Supreme Court decision, said in a statement.

In Ohio, where anti-abortion activists have gained influence in recent years, health authorities issued an order to postpone all nonessential surgeries beginning at 5 p.m. Wednesday. On Friday and Saturday, the office of the state’s attorney general sent warning letters to abortion clinics in Dayton, Cincinnati and Cleveland, telling them to “immediately stop performing nonessential and elective surgical abortions.”

A spokeswoman for the attorney general’s office, Bethany McCorkle, said the letters were based on complaints that had come to Ohio’s Department of Health. At least one came from Ohio Right to Life, an anti-abortion advocacy group, said its president, Michael Gonidakis.

In an email blast to supporters on Saturday, Mr. Gonidakis said he had sent a letter to Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio, warning its president, Iris E. Harvey, that “by performing surgical abortions, your company is putting the health and safety of all Ohioans in danger.”

For now, though, the state’s abortion clinics remain open. Lawyers for several of them argued to the state’s attorney general, Dave Yost, that abortions were in fact essential surgical procedures and that the clinics had no intention of stopping.

“Our doors remain open,” Chrisse France, president of Preterm, an abortion clinic in Cleveland, said on Monday. Ms. Harvey and Kersha Deibel, president of Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio Region, said the same.

Louisiana was another state to issue an order over the weekend saying that nonessential medical procedures would be delayed. An anti-abortion group, Louisiana Right to Life, put out a statement on Monday saying that Hope Medical Group, one of the last remaining abortion providers in the state, was closed. But Nancy Northup, president of the Center for Reproductive Rights, which represents the clinic, denied that.

“Our client Hope Medical Group is still open,” Ms. Northup said in a statement.
    Source: NYT
    "Beauty is a form of genius, higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation." - Oscar Wilde

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post: