South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    It is difficult in finding actual research papers regarding COVID-19 specifically. I have yet to actually find any myself. I've only seen theory papers regarding it, as in "this other virus does this, so covid probably does this also" and no actual papers using it as a focus. I have heard claims that the virus had not been isolated, but again there is some problems with the reporting.

For example. This article claims that a company in Canada had isolated it and replicated it in a lab:
    https://brighterworld.mcmaster.ca/ar...gent-research/

But then another example where the title and opening of the article claims isolation occured, but if you read it, that is not what actually happened. It clearly does state in this one that they used RT-PCR to detect RNA that matches covid, which is not detection of a virus, nor confirmation that one exists.
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...rus-feces.html

So in these two examples we have:
    1. A claim with nothing to back it up
    2. An article that mixes up technological terms

I would be interested in finding some actual papers as well. Not one of those "I don't believe you! Show me the proof!" type of requests, more like, I've spent hours trying to find the actual information and cannot actually find it.
    Of course they could have found a substance and called it the "new coronavirus". This isn't what is in dispute.

What is in dispute is that they got actual proof that this discovered substance is the cause of any disease. Mind you on this hinges the whole "Coronacrisis" with the lockdowns in many countries. If it's untrue, and I suppose it is, the whole lockdown situation was a futile exercise from the pandemic point of view.

"But there are COVID19 cases" - So they say. My question again is what the causality of the cases is. A physical Virus or the widespread Coronaphobia? Combinations are thinkable.

My take is that the "Virus make Disease"-thesis concerning Corona is actually false and that the hype is causal to any increase in respiratory disease cases that get diagnosed as COVID19. If I'm right than the mass of politicians and professionals in medicine are wrong. And that of course can't be true in the mind of many people.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Theunissen For This Useful Post:

Still just only death
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,438 Posts
    This evening I overheard a Flemish professor with a great reputation say on TV that the main cause for the rise in infections is international travel: traveling for work, traveling migrants and traveling tourists.

So basically: businessmen/truckers/Slavic plumbers & electricians + Moroccans & Turks visiting family in their native countries and of course gypsies + all those people who thought it would be a great idea to travel around the world or visit Southern Europe this summer.

Belgium has now officially the strictest anti-Corona counter measures in all of Europe, even though the virus isn't necessarily more active here than anywhee else. The Dutch govt. warns its citizens not to travel to the province of Antwerp and Brussels will follow Antwerp's example and go in full lockdown too. Our social bubbles have been reduced to 5 people. Not very realistic for single parents whose parents are still alive. This country's most prominent & most hated virologist (who also happens to be a literal communist) says we're being smart and everyone else is either dumb, more disciplined than us or they're living in places with lower population density - it's rather questionable. Especially if, like me, you've seen the footage of German tourists living it up in Magaluf now currently partying in Hamburg. But the goal of this country's virologists is to reduce the number of infections to zero now, they don't want half measures anymore - they say - but I can't imagine them ever doing what needs to be done if it means being politically incorrect.

The provincial governments don't have most of the information they need, the regional governments don't have the power to act and the federal government is pretty much out of the game, as we haven't had a government since autumn 2018. So mayors and muncipalities have become the main political players, but they act with very limited information and resources, with one town after the other now implementing its own anti-Corona measures. Hence the Belgian lockdown is a mess reaching epic proportions of absurdity with people on one side of an administrative provincial or village border practically living in a military dictature, while their neighbors living across the street still live under the restrictions of early July, which are comparatively mild.
    [28-08, 00:40] Huginn ok Muninn: if only sigurd were here

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts
    In Tanzania fruit, motor oil and a goat sample tested positive for the coronavirus.

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 @ 02:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    Family
    Two sisters
    Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Massive Protest Against Corona Regulations in Berlin

According to confirmation from the police of Berlin, it has been confirmed that between 500,000 and 1 million peaceful protesters (mostly without Masks) demonstrate against the Corona rules.

More...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Verđandi For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 06:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    North Western Europe
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post

The provincial governments don't have most of the information they need, the regional governments don't have the power to act and the federal government is pretty much out of the game, as we haven't had a government since autumn 2018. So mayors and muncipalities have become the main political players, but they act with very limited information and resources, with one town after the other now implementing its own anti-Corona measures. Hence the Belgian lockdown is a mess reaching epic proportions of absurdity with people on one side of an administrative provincial or village border practically living in a military dictature, while their neighbors living across the street still live under the restrictions of early July, which are comparatively mild.
    The only information you need is the following:

Question: Is there concise proof that a new coronavirus causes the symptoms now called Covid19?

If yes: why didn't you bother to show this in a presentation during the last 3 or 4 month? It should be on the news anybody bothered either over public health of restriction of public freedoms should have seen that by now.

If no: Why are lockdowns still going on? Why are medical professionals and politicians still spreading fake news that Corona is making people sick, which then have to go to Hospital. Why are those responsible for the hype not fired and arrested?

"But, but, but I've seen pictures of people in hospitals that are dying of respiratory conditions"?

Well, that may be indeed the case, but it doesn't prove that any "new virus" is responsible for this?

"Why are all people then wearing masks and sanitising their hands"?

Because they are a bunch of lemmings?!

"You have no degree in virology, epidemiology or respiratory health. Are you saying all experts in the field are lying."

But I have profound knowledge about the logic, the scientific method, rational reasoning, rules of evidence and indeed know some epistemology. When I apply this to the Corona debate and media releases relating to the issue I can see that the whole thing is emotional, fear driven, sensationalist, alogical, fallacious, lacking valid empirical proof, showing signs of group think, political opportunism, corporate and personal agendas. And of course how the Corona-apostles are treating those that disagree with the narrative. What I don't see is the presentation of concise proof as demanded above. They change their story over time, but the essential theme of "new killervirus still going around causing a global pandemic" remains the same though. This is fanatical adherence to a paradigm that doesn't seem to have the merit initial claimed for it.

So no, "Not all experts" are lying, some vehemently oppose the narrative others find the hype exaggerated. Well, most seem to be going with the narrative though. Whether out of conviction or opportunism or even fear is for sure open to debate. My personal take is that most medical staff indeed believes in the pandemic is either driven by fear or taken over by the "finally we can show how important we are" mood of operation. While privately some will admit that this is exaggerated or there may be something seriously wrong with the narrative, they better don't mention this professionally. That would be heresy against the fraternities creed.

"Why are all the governments around the world responding in the same way?"

Well, they don't and if it looks so similar, you should be rather concerned about that very fact. Sovereignty works differently.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theunissen For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 @ 02:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    Family
    Two sisters
    Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Racial Tension Brewing over UK Coronavirus Strategy

Nicky Harley, The National, August 6, 2020

The British government is facing a growing backlash over its stop-start approach to coronavirus lockdown measures amid concerns it is causing disproportionate disruption to Muslim communities.

A lockdown announced just before Eid Al Adha last week not only stirred concerns over the failures of the government to communicate the factors contributing to localised outbreaks, but also gave grist to those who may seek to aggravate ethnic and religious divisions.

The local restrictions were imposed in the North of England in Manchester and large parts of West Yorkshire, which almost 20 years ago were engulfed in violence.

Nissa Finney, a University of St Andrews race-relations expert, said social cohesion could be undermined by the government’s failure to involve individual communities.

“It’s important to remember that inequalities, including ethnic inequalities, are hugely variable across the country,” Ms Finney told The National.

“However, it is vital that the rationale and evidence for local lockdowns is clear and well communicated, and that there is effective consultation and information provision between local communities, local governments and national government. It seems that this has been somewhat lacking so far.

“If the consultation and communication is not clear and well managed, there’s a dual danger that local lockdowns won’t be fully effective and that social cohesion may be undermined.”

In 2001, Professor Ted Cantle was commissioned by the UK government to write a report into widespread rioting at the time.

Now he has that warned the actions of the far right need to be closely monitored to ensure extremists do not exploit the situation.

“Since 2001, we have seen the growth of the far right and their work in trying to stir up trouble in these areas,” he told The National.

“There is always a danger extremists will gain some traction and stir up tensions in the community now.”

Mr Cantle’s fears were echoed in a report by the Royal United Services Institute think tank in April, which warned that far-right extremists were exploiting the pandemic and “encouraging racially motivated violence”.

Last week, the government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) warned of the risk of public disorder posed by the pandemic.

“Public health measures are never simply scientific decisions, and the consequences in terms of public order could be serious if lockdown imposition is ill-judged,” it said.

The Yorkshire city of Bradford, which was hard hit during the 2001 race riots, has already seen a backlash from some of the more affluent communities on its outskirts who feel that the restrictions should not apply to them.

One resident of Ilkley even took to Twitter to complain that because of a “certain demographic” she was back in lockdown.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Verđandi For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Midgarder
    Ancestry
    Midgarder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts
    It's all very obvious: Muslims are allowed to disobey government mandates and riot, whilst Tykes are held down and beaten, shamed for complaining. Same model of tyranny in the States, regarding BLM and Antifa since 2015.

Still just only death
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,438 Posts
    Coronavirus: German parents angry at order to isolate their children

Authorities sent home primary school children in the southwestern German town of Bruchsal after it emerged that their teacher turned out to be infected with COVID-19.

The pupils brought a note from the local health authority ordering the parents not only to make sure the children wore a mask at home but also to be completely isolated from other family members for the two-week quarantine period, including mealtimes.

If parents were found to disobey these orders, the children could be forcibly removed by authorities and quarantined in an isolation facility.

Similar messages were sent to parents in Offenbach, near Frankfurt, which urged parents to isolate children ages 3 to 11 in separate rooms. The NGO “Families in crisis” posted the letters on twitter.

“Families in Crisis” spokesperson Diane Siegloch said the order amounted to “cruelty” and a “threat to the wellbeing of children.”

She pointed to regulations in Denmark, where parents were explicitly encouraged to have physical contact with their children, to hold and hug them for comfort during quarantine times.

The head of the children’s protection agency (Kinderschutzbund,) Heinz Hilgers, wrote that these orders were “disproportionate and unacceptable” and that regular quarantine requirements put families into a difficult situation anyway.

He expressed alarm over the threat to remove children from their families and urged authorities to put the children’s interests first. “The parents can and should be included in any coronavirus quarantine measures affecting their children,” he wrote.

Parents took to twitter to express their discontent. “So I will be forced to send my children to school, but if one of them catches the coronavirus there, I have to completely isolate it at home, or risk having it taken from me?” a user wrote.

The health office in Offenbach reacted to the mounting outrage stressing the need to prevent the spread of the virus. “Obviously parents may still look after their children,” the press release reads. “It is necessary to find realistic ways to ensure this. For example, it is preferable to minimize contact among siblings as much as possible.”

Source: thebharatexpressnews

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Still just only death
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,438 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech
    A group of North-Africans didn't want to respect social distancing rules, played their music loud, and sat down in an area where they weren't supposed to sit. After a life guard asked them to go sit somewhere else, they started to push - and then a massive brawl errupted involving over 100 people. The North-Africans brought in reinforcements and these started attacking beachgoers as well. The cops were too few in number, retreated and didn't really get involved all that much. It's been big news for days around here. Some beaches and railway stations were closed, as there were more fights elsewhere alongthe coast too. Flemish media call the rioters "Francophones", because these North-Africans have Brussels as a home base, but everyone around here knows the truth about their origins. We still have a lockdown marathon to run - and the corona exhaustion and social tension are already at their heights. It's going to be a very long year.
    Massive fight breaks out on Blankenberge beach (Belgium)

A massive brawl involving dozens of people broke out Saturday afternoon on the Blankenberge beach on the Belgian coast.

The fight started when a lifeguard pointed out to a group of about 40 young people that sitting on the breakwater was prohibited. Refusing to leave, the police were called and a brawl between the group and police broke out.

Still just only death
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,438 Posts
    NYC COVID-19 Contact Tracers Not Asking About George Floyd Protest Participation, Despite Fears of New Virus Wave

Over the two last weeks, Mayor Bill de Blasio and others have voiced concerns that packed police brutality protests across the city could trigger a new wave of COVID-19 infections.

Whether or not that’s the case, however, remains unknown — and de Blasio’s team won’t be directly trying to find out.

The hundreds of contact tracing workers hired by the city under de Blasio’s new “test and trace” campaign have been instructed not to ask anyone who’s tested positive for COVID-19 whether they recently attended a demonstration, City Hall confirmed to THE CITY.

“No person will be asked proactively if they attended a protest,” Avery Cohen, a spokesperson for de Blasio, wrote in an emailed response to questions by THE CITY.

Instead, test-and-trace workers ask COVID-positive individuals general questions to help them “recall ‘contacts’ and individuals they may have exposed,” Cohen said. Among the initial questions: “Do you live with anyone in your home?”

Tracers then ask about “close contacts” — defined as being within six feet of another person for at least 10 minutes.

It’s up to tested individuals to volunteer whether any of those close contacts occurred during protests. “If a person wants to proactively offer that information, there is an opportunity for them to do so,” Cohen wrote.

The mayor announced his “test and trace” program on May 8, promising that the city would hire 1,000 “contact tracers.” City Hall has declined to spell out how many individuals have been questioned so far, but de Blasio promised to release that information Monday.

Since the effort began, officials say most — but not all — people questioned by contact tracers have been cooperative. Some, however, have refused to volunteer any information about their close contacts.

“Naturally, we have not been able to obtain all information from all positive cases, but engagement among those reached is high,” Cohen wrote.
    Mayor and Gov Want to Know

There’s no direct effort to resolve a question both de Blasio and Gov. Andrew Cuomo have asked repeatedly since the demonstrations against police brutality erupted following the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police: Are the protests helping spread the virus?

“That’s the one variable in this equation that we’re not sure of: We don’t know what the effect of those protests are,” Cuomo said last week.

The three-day average percentage of New Yorkers whose COVID-19 test turned out positive has dropped dramatically, from 69% on March 31 to an all-time low of 2% as of June 8.

This has occurred, in part, because initially only people diagnosed as very sick were tested. More recently, a much larger pool of individuals has been tested — including those with no symptoms — driving down the percentage of positives.

But there’s a growing concern the numbers could spike again, given Phase One of the city’s reopening and the protests.

So far, there have been no apparent signs of a dramatic swing. De Blasio on Thursday announced the three-day average percentage of positive tests had risen slightly from 2% to 3%.

Cuomo and de Blasio find themselves walking a tightrope, warning protesters to be aware that COVID-19 remains a very real threat to life and strongly advising all who attend demonstrations to get tested. But they are also steering clear of dissuading anyone from participating in demonstrations.

A Different Experience

A key source of tests for the virus now is the medical chain CityMD with 100 clinics in the city, New Jersey and Long Island. A New Yorker who called up CityMD last week to get an appointment for a test after witnessing a daunting line at one of the clinics told THE CITY that the CityMD staff asked the individual whether they’d attended a protest.

CityMD officials did not respond to messages seeking comment.

In Nassau County, health officials take a slightly different approach. While they do not ask individuals who test positive whether they’ve attended protests, they do ask them where they’ve been recently.

“We ask them questions about where they’ve been so that we can gauge who may be at risk,” said Mary Ellen Laurain, a spokesperson for the Nassau County Health Department. “It may come out as part of the interview, but we ask more open-ended questions.”

Despite Cuomo’s concerns about the effect of the protests, the state Health Department has remained neutral on the issue.

Jonah Bruno, an agency spokesperson, stated, “We’re working with New York City to balance the public health priority while also protecting personal privacy, as we seek to ensure a thorough contact tracing program that helps us contain the COVID-19 virus and monitor any fluctuations in the infection rate as we continue reopening New York.”

‘Treat People with Ease’

Dr. S. Patrick Kachur, a professor at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health and a former official at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said contact trackers face a balancing act: trying to obtain useful information about an infected person’s contacts without alienating them with overly intrusive questions.

Asking someone if they’d been at a protest could wind up discouraging them from being candid in their answers, he noted.

“I think the logic has to do with the fact that contact tracing requires a strong level of trust between the interviewer and the person they’re talking to,” he said. “It’s really important to have a good rapport and treat people with ease. It’s important to not ask questions that will impede your ability to do the best job you can.”

For example, Kachur, who has been involved in contact tracking during previous pandemics involving the flu and Zika, noted that when investigators are trying to track the spread of HIV, tuberculosis or most diseases, they make a point of not asking about a person’s immigration status.

And while knowledge of how the protests might be sparking a second wave would be helpful, it would be very difficult to track close contacts at events attended by thousands of strangers, he said.

“There’s definitely a concern that state and city officials have that the protests could be a place where transmission occurs, but that risk is lower than household and other community contacts,” Kachur said. “And it would be really challenging to trace those contacts who you’ve been protesting with.”

Going forward, a key question will be whether Blasio’s test-and-trace program can handle the workload as increased testing yields more positive cases and more contacts to trace.

“How well are they able to keep up with the complete investigations that they are able to trace?” Kachur asked. “If they have more cases than they can deal with, that would be concerning. It would be a confusing month or two here.”

Thecity.nyc

Netherlands Refuses To Mandate Face Masks; Sweden Says They Are ‘Pointless’

“There is no proven effectiveness”

The Netherlands has decided not to mandate the wearing of face masks in public, citing the fact that there is no scientific evidence to suggest they are effective against the spread of the coronavirus.

“From a medical perspective there is no proven effectiveness of masks, the Cabinet has decided that there will be no national obligation for wearing non-medical masks” announced Netherlands Minister for Medical Care Tamara van Ark.

The country’s National Institute for Health (RIVM) noted that it is aware of studies from other countries that purport to show masks slow the spread of disease, but will not be heeding them.

Indeed, RIVM chief Jaap van Dissel warned that wearing masks incorrectly, in addition to the effect masks have of eroding the perceived need for social distancing, could increase the risk of transmission because of a “false sense of security”.

“So we think that if you’re going to use masks (in a public setting) … then you must give good training for it,” he said.

Within the past week in the Netherlands, around 1400 new COVID-19 cases were reported, which equates to 342 more than the week before.

In Sweden, meanwhile, senior epidemiologist Anders Tegnell declared that there is “no point” in wearing masks in public.

“We see no point in wearing a face mask in Sweden, not even on public transport,” Tegnell said.

Sweden, which has not even instituted a lock down at any time, appears to be seeing a downward trend in cases.

At the beginning of this week, Sweden announced just 398 new cases, down from 767 the week before and 2,530 one month ago.

“The curves go down, and the curves over the seriously ill begin to be very close to zero. As a whole, it is very positive,” Tegnell asserted.

Source: Prisonplanet