Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Dinarics related to Armenoids,

Quote Originally Posted by Von Braun
    Marius, I would never mistake you for a middle easterner.
    I don't think he looks middle eastern either.

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volksdeutscher
    Yes, Albanians can be blond too but their features are more often than not very Dinarid. I thought that you claimed that Scandinavia got Dinarid or Dinarid-like people. You said "including Scandinavia".

Coon wrote in the chapter of Ireland "In The Races Of Europe":

"The planoccipital, brachycephalic, aquiline-nosed Dinaric element, if it were ever brunet, must also have lost its original pigment association; today it is frequently red haired."

I can understand what you mean as Coon's Keltic Nordic got Dinarid as for a component. I have seen many Balkan people. I know that some have a pigmentation and even facial features that resemble some people on the British Isles. Nevertheless, the skulls are much higher and the vault is not the same. So in modern times the populations may share an ancient racial element but the whole composition of the respective folks are different. It is single traits that they share, e.g. nasal prominency. I guess that it is more difficult to separate individuals than it is with a comparison between the populations.
    Yep, I think it's common for Europeans east of France to have much higher vaults than those west... I think the low vault's got everything to do with a western Cro-Magnoid component from N.Africa.

The tallest vaulted Europeans in the east are Borreby and Borreby-like UP survivors, so I gather that this is the primary component for tall-vaultedness.

BTW. When I said Keltic-Nordic, I MEANT Keltic-Nordic... you should visit some time, it's really weird. I have a friend who's of the type I was speaking about... low-vaulted, long, straight nose, light-blonde hair, extremely light eyes etc. etc. Most frequently, this type is present in villages.

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norda
    I do hope that nobody was offended. Of course we could not call earliest migrations “Arabic” moreover genetic and racial drift have changed whole picture greatly.We should also take maternal genes into account. But still genetic proves connections between Middle East and Europe.
    I hope I didn't seem offended... Without the Neolithics, we'd still be eating Mammoth burgers with sabretooth sauce

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 13th, 2004 @ 12:44 AM
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    apolitical to libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The answer on such statement you can find in Armenia. http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachme...achmentid=2873
    Genetically they share genes with 3 main European hgroups but the most important HG9 (probably responsible for "Armenoidal" influences) element is the strongest among Beduins. Another words "genes of Beduins" are responsible for "Armenian look" and later "dinaricization" of SE Europe.
    and... by looking at "your" map I see that Armenians have hg16 (yellow) which is also by looking at the map is associated with Finland and which no other neighbour of Armenia(ns) has.

Can you explain its presence?

Perhaps it should be a subject for a different topic though.
    "I'm known for my irony. But even I would not have come upon the idea of erecting a statue of liberty in the harbour of New York."

George Bernard Shaw

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, January 16th, 2021 @ 08:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marius
    Really? Have you ever been in those place of which you're speaking with so much disgust? Have you ever know people from Central and Eastern Europe?

Well, I attach some photos to this message (me and a firnd of mine) and you tell me if I look so "Armenid and Orientalid".

No, you look Alpinid to me.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 20th, 2008 @ 08:58 PM
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by berschneider
    and... by looking at "your" map I see that Armenians have hg16 (yellow) which is also by looking at the map is associated with Finland and which no other neighbour of Armenia(ns) has.

Can you explain its presence?

Perhaps it should be a subject for a different topic though.
    Actually small presence of Hg 16 among Armenians is nothing surprising as neighbouring Russians and Ukrainians share it also but in larger percentage.
    btw There is a special part of Skadi: Genetics & Human Microbiology. You are welcome.
    http://www.forums.skadi.net/forumdisplay.php?f=88

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 13th, 2004 @ 12:44 AM
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    apolitical to libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually small presence of Hg 16 among Armenians is nothing surprising as neighbouring Russians and Ukrainians share it also but in larger percentage.
    btw There is a special part of Skadi: Genetics & Human Microbiology. You are welcome.
    http://www.forums.skadi.net/forumdisplay.php?f=88
    but if you look at your map (or any map) by Caucasus separates Armenia from Ukraine and Russia - Georgians and different groups of Northern Caucasus are in between, and neither of them has Hg 16 in tangible "volume," in fact Armenia does not have share a common border either with Ukraine or Russia, has no direct geographic contact and as far as I know has been incorporated within Russian empire relately late.
    "I'm known for my irony. But even I would not have come upon the idea of erecting a statue of liberty in the harbour of New York."

George Bernard Shaw

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 16th, 2005 @ 08:00 AM
    Subrace
    Dinarid-UP-Kelt Nordid-Alpinid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Occupation
    Public sector
    Politics
    Misanthrope
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volksdeutscher
    Physical anthropologists do not have the same terminology. Is your mother a South German?

McCulloch follow Coon and he does not use that term. You can make a thread about it, like "am I Dinarid or Karpathid?". People tend to disagree but I guess that you are Dinarid if most people have classified you as such. As far as I can remember your father do not look Dinarid.
    Actually I am trying to figure out what parts of Germany are in my mother's ancestry at the moment, in the Germanic Ting. I have been told me, she, and her family look Bavarian or Austrian, but there is conflicting information, as I have heard Protestant Germans were in the north and Catholic Germans were in the south; my mother's family is all Lutheran. My guess is I probably have some ancestry from all over Germany on my mother's half. This would explain the secondary Nordish traits that others have pointed to, like the blonde hair as a baby and my eyes.

As for my father, he is an Atlantid-UP mix, probably from France and Britain respectively (and even he probably has some Dinaric buried in his genome but not expressed becuase he is partially French as well as Swiss). Anyway, everyone who knows my family, and also people who have only seen pictures (like Stribog) say that I overwhelmingly take after my mother's side of the family, agreeing with "the Dinaric with minor Nordish [lg calls it brunet Noric]" assessment that my mother and I have received. As for what I have reveived from my father: apparently I "missed" his Atlantid part and got the minor UP observed in me from him (I am high skulled and have a CI of ~ 82).

My listing of myself as a predominant Dinarid in my profile seems very appropriate, correct?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Country
    Occupation
    Public sector
    Politics
    Misanthrope
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AWAR
    Actually, I doubt that. How would you explain the existence of Dinaric and Dinaric-like people everywhere from Basque country, France, Britain, Germany, Balkans, Ukraine and everywhere else...including Scandinavia.
    This is precisely my reasoning. An analagous situation would be if my brother had married a northeast Asian woman (though he did not, his wife is completely western European like we are) and me having neices and nephews that look kind of like me, yet still significantly different. It would be illogical to assume that me and my hypothetical neices and nephews came from some sort of recent source and somehow they and their people evolved one way and me and mine evolved another. Obviously, this is the same as the dynamic in the larger issue, whereby the most eastern Dinarics mixed with Asiatic and Semitic elements. Occam's Razor, the powerful principle of parsimony, would point to simple mixing, as Armenoids share traits with Europeans and with contemporary middle easterners and live in between these two groups.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Country
    Occupation
    Public sector
    Politics
    Misanthrope
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Neolithic Europeans

If I undersatnd correctly, Neolithics are ancesteral to today's gracile Mediterraneans (i.e., not associated with any recent non-European invader genes). The Neolithic farming revolution was approximately 10,000 years ago, correct? Would this mean the common ancestor of Neolithics/modern gracile European Mediterraneans and today's Arabs lived a long time ago ( > 10,000 years)? This would make sense, because as volksdeutscher noted, the relation between the two groups is distant.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast