Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: Dinarics related to Armenoids,

Quote Originally Posted by Von Braun
    Armenoids apparently are Dinarics who mixed with middle eastern elements.
    The answer on such statement you can find in Armenia. http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachme...achmentid=2873
    Genetically they share genes with 3 main European hgroups but the most important HG9 (probably responsible for "Armenoidal" influences) element is the strongest among Beduins. Another words "genes of Beduins" are responsible for "Armenian look" and later "dinaricization" of SE Europe.

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norda
    The answer on such statement you can find in Armenia. http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachme...achmentid=2873
    Genetically they share genes with 3 main European hgroups but the most important HG9 (probably responsible for "Armenoidal" influences) element is the strongest among Beduins. Another words "genes of Beduins" are responsible for "Armenian look" and later "dinaricization" of SE Europe.
    Actually, I doubt that. How would you explain the existence of Dinaric and Dinaric-like people everywhere from Basque country, France, Britain, Germany, Balkans, Ukraine and everywhere else...including Scandinavia.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 20th, 2008 @ 08:58 PM
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by AWAR
    Actually, I doubt that. How would you explain the existence of Dinaric and Dinaric-like people everywhere from Basque country, France, Britain, Germany, Balkans, Ukraine and everywhere else...including Scandinavia.

Map 18. Early migrations of the races of europe (Lundman, 1957) (Natufids = Prae-South-Mediterranids)
    Last edited by norda; Wednesday, April 7th, 2004 at 09:33 PM.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Dinarids in Scandinavia? They must be a very very small minority. Do you have any examples?

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 13th, 2004 @ 12:44 AM
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    apolitical to libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norda
    Another words "genes of Beduins" are responsible for "Armenian look" and later "dinaricization" of SE Europe.
    Amazing. Do you mean Armenians then colonized the rest of the continent how did that "dinaricization" (whatever that is) occur?

By the way, that genetic map is fascinating, that Connacht place in Ireland is quite incredible if you really think about it.
    "I'm known for my irony. But even I would not have come upon the idea of erecting a statue of liberty in the harbour of New York."

George Bernard Shaw

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 8th, 2005 @ 03:45 PM
    Subrace
    Cro-Magnid/Dinarid
    Country
    Politics
    Conservative Christian
    Religion
    Uniate, Greek-Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volksdeutscher
    Es geht gut, danke.

I read that the people in Dobrudscha are not Romanians. Is that true?
    1. So I am more Alpinid or more Karpathid?

2. Well... The history is like that. I will start from a rather newer ancient times. The teritory of the actual Transylvania (Siebenbürgen), the West of Wallachia and the North of Moldavia, parts of NW Hungary and Eastern Slovakia were populated by Daces (they are a special branch of Thraces). They were conquered by Romans in 106. The Romans retreated on 265. Before and after the change between these Daces and the Romans were so powerful, as we may say that including the Roman domination time, a new people was formed, daco-romans, the ancestors of Romans. Well, the Romans retreat because of the very often invasions. Because of the same reason, Daco-romans, remained without protection forces and authorities in front of invasions, often went up to the mountains, where they lived till their number increased so much, as they where forced to get down. This took some centuries. But the fortifications they built, getting down, could not protect them so they were conquered by Hungarians. Which dominated the region till 1918.

During all this time, other invasions, as cumans and slavs arrived in the current region of Wallachia and Moldavia. So new mixtures arrived this way, before the forming of the Middle Age Principates.

For Dobrogea (Dobrudja) the things were always different: when the other regions were populated by Daces, Dobrudja had pure Thraces on its terittory. Soon enough, the Greeks created some ports to the Black See. Then the Romans got the region well before the regions populated by Daces. Then it has been maintained as part of Byzance. Soon after the fall of Byzance it become an integrated part of the Otoman (Turkish) Empire. It remained so till 1877, when it has been attached to Romania (which did not include Transylvania at that moment yet). Well, Romanians procedeed to some population shift to Dobrogea, taking Romanian families from the mountains departments of Wallachia and giving them lands in Dobrogea.
    During the World War II, Romania procedeed to important Turkish minority deportation from the Northern Dobrogea to the current NE Bulgaria (at that time called Quadrilater and part of Romania). This has been done as a direct consequence of the Vienna dictate. But of course, they couyld have moved all the possible mixed families. Anyway the miwed families completely adopt today the Romanian way of life, though there are currently around 30.000 muslims in Dobrogea, of Tartar or Turkish descent (Romanian population is around 23 millions). And of course, due the mobility of current times, now Dobrogea is mostly inhabited by Romanians, Turks remain a colored and exotic minority.

Progressive Collectivist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

My personal impression is that Karpathids are just a typical Carpathian Eastalpine-Dinarid mix.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

@Norda

That map shows the Neolithic influence in Europe. The Neolithic spread of farming also saw some gene-flow come from the middle-east, but, as you see, it's not an Arabid influence, since all the regions suffered lots of invasions, and thus, the 'purest' neolithic population remained in the region that suffered the least invasions ( least other genetic influx ).

The Neolithic gene-flow was present in all the areas where the map points, the much later Arabian conquests were of a much lesser spread and much lesser genetic impact ( due to the fact that Neolithic Europe was much less inahbited than in Medieval times ).

@Volksdeutscher

I said Dinaric-like.

Look at the example of Aran islanders. If you came to visit the Balkans, you'd see lots of such men and women, especially in and around Albania, even with red hair etc.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes, Albanians can be blond too but their features are more often than not very Dinarid. I thought that you claimed that Scandinavia got Dinarid or Dinarid-like people. You said "including Scandinavia".

Coon wrote in the chapter of Ireland "In The Races Of Europe":

"The planoccipital, brachycephalic, aquiline-nosed Dinaric element, if it were ever brunet, must also have lost its original pigment association; today it is frequently red haired."

I can understand what you mean as Coon's Keltic Nordic got Dinarid as for a component. I have seen many Balkan people. I know that some have a pigmentation and even facial features that resemble some people on the British Isles. Nevertheless, the skulls are much higher and the vault is not the same. So in modern times the populations may share an ancient racial element but the whole composition of the respective folks are different. It is single traits that they share, e.g. nasal prominency. I guess that it is more difficult to separate individuals than it is with a comparison between the populations.

@Volksdeutscher

I said Dinaric-like.

Look at the example of Aran islanders. If you came to visit the Balkans, you'd see lots of such men and women, especially in and around Albania, even with red hair etc.
    Last edited by Glenlivet; Wednesday, April 7th, 2004 at 10:04 PM.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 20th, 2008 @ 08:58 PM
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That map shows the Neolithic influence in Europe. The Neolithic spread of farming also saw some gene-flow come from the middle-east, but, as you see, it's not an Arabid influence, since all the regions suffered lots of invasions, and thus, the 'purest' neolithic population remained in the region that suffered the least invasions ( least other genetic influx ).

The Neolithic gene-flow was present in all the areas where the map points, the much later Arabian conquests were of a much lesser spread and much lesser genetic impact ( due to the fact that Neolithic Europe was much less inahbited than in Medieval times ).
    I do hope that nobody was offended. Of course we could not call earliest migrations “Arabic” moreover genetic and racial drift have changed whole picture greatly.We should also take maternal genes into account. But still genetic proves connections between Middle East and Europe.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast