Thread: Teflon Chemicals in 99% of Americans, Causes Male Infertility, Shorter Penises, And Lots More

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Hålųyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts

Exclamation Teflon Chemicals in 99% of Americans, Causes Male Infertility, Shorter Penises, And Lots More

'The Devil We Know:' How DuPont Poisoned the World with Teflon
    https://www.organicconsumers.org/blo...d-world-teflon

• could potentially cause birth defects in the eyes of rat fetuses
    • kidney cancer, testicular cancer, ulcerative colitis, thyroid disease, preeclampsia and high cholesterol

PFOA AND PFOS CAUSE LOWER SPERM COUNTS AND SMALLER PENISES, STUDY FINDS
    https://theintercept.com/2018/11/30/...s-study-finds/

• Male high school students who had been exposed to high levels of PFOA and PFOS were compared to young men who hadn’t been exposed and found that those in the exposed group had shorter penises, lower sperm counts, lower sperm mobility, and a reduction in “anogenital distance,” a measure that scientists see as a marker of reproductive health. The percentage of normally shaped sperm in the exposed group was just over half that in the control group.

Flossing could cause cancer and infertility
    https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/li...rtility/09/01/

The Chemicals in Your Mac and Cheese
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/12/w...nd-cheese.html

• The phthalates in your mac-and-cheese can disrupt male hormones like testosterone and have been linked to genital birth defects in infant boys and learning and behavior problems in older children.

INCREASING PFAS CONCENTRATIONS IN OTTERS AND RINGED SEALS FROM SWEDEN, 1970-2015
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...EDEN_1970-2015

• Look at the otter chart

PFAS Chemicals Harm the Immune System, Decrease Response to Vaccines, New EWG Review Finds
    https://www.ewg.org/news-and-analysi...ccines-new-ewg

• Harmful to nearly every human organ, and the immune system is particularly vulnerable. PFAS mixtures, which are used in a variety of consumer products, can be found in the body of nearly every American and in the developing fetus.

And a documentary:

There's a part where DuPont goes out to find "clean" blood to compare with their workers to help monitor exposure levels. And can't find any clean blood.

And just knowing that it's not just Teflon, there's probably a huge list of things that have similar stories. And now it's raining and snowing plastic.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hersir For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,388 Posts
    A cast-iron pan is the best. Of course it is pretty heavy and more difficult to clean .... but no toxic surfaces. And it stands ''forever''.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    361 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    A cast-iron pan is the best. Of course it is pretty heavy and more difficult to clean .... but no toxic surfaces. And it stands ''forever''.

That's a newer skillet, and it has a rough bottom, which makes it difficult to cook in compared to the old Wagner and Griswold pans, which are very smooth, and when kept oiled, are pretty much stick-free. Don't be scared to wash them... just use hot water and a Scotch-Brite pad, then dish soap and water. The trick is to dry the pan immediately with a clean paper towel, then dry it again with another clean paper towel, until the moisture is gone. Then, with the pan still warm from washing, put a few drops of light olive oil in it and work it all around the inside with your fingers. Then use another paper towel to dry out the oil and spread it around the entire pan. If the pan is still warm, the oil will get into the iron and keep it cured just fine.

There are a lot of resources online about pan care, and honestly, once you're used to it, it's no more big a deal than doing the dishes.
    Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huginn ok Muninn For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,388 Posts
    Huginn ok Muninn: fully agree.

Just mentioned that as at least here (don't know about USA) many my age woman (and probably even bit older ones => young mothers) avoids of using cast iron pans ... as those are seen too difficult to use. I noticed that at school too ... our domestic science lessons.

Plus all the same can be said about cast iron pots too.

My mom lastly went and bough so called carbon steel pan (by De Buyer) ... which is someway similar as cast iron pans (having more smooth surface). The same pan as in video below. Before use you'll need wash it once (as new) and then burn pork fat on it few times ... allow it to get colder between those times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_9GboAbBHI

It has been made from iron/steel plus has no any surface coatings (not teflon, PTFE etc.). And it should easily stands for next generation (forever) as well. Someway lighter than our older cast iron pans. Nowadays there are smoother (surface) and lighter cast iron pans available as well (so called light cast iron pans). Still never tested one of those. I just like those old/heavy ones (and at least ours will not have smooth surface) ... as they really storage the heat on themselves and you can really pan-fry your food the ways you like (and not only ''cooked'' it ).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    361 Posts
    When I scour and re-season my skillet, I use strained bacon grease. For some reason, it works really well. A lot of the places that tell you how to season the pan are wrong in the details though. To get a smooth seasoned surface, grease the pan and put it in the super-hot oven for 15 minutes, then take it out, wipe it down, and replace for 30 minutes, then turn the oven off and let the pan cool naturally in the oven.
    Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Huginn ok Muninn For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,388 Posts
    Teflon/PTFE coatings pans vs cast-iron pan or carbon steel pan? You simply have know how to use the latter ones (more time/work is needed).
    Another question mark with Teflon pans is that you will never know what metal is used under the coating. As those pans are very light (and often very cheap) => it needs to be one kind of (mixed?) aluminium. Now aluminium as heated hot? That doesn't sound very good either....
    Here ... just like many other ''issues'' with food we eat ... I see two 2 matters.
    1.) Average peoples' skills to cook and 2.) lack of time.

There is a TV show in Finland's TV where one chef visits at homes and try to change people eating habits and teach them to cook.

Surprise ... until now (after 3 - 4 seasons) all of those homes have been in center of cities or suburb of cities. Never any farm house/home. Ok, of course most of the people lives in cities today but still. It has really been shocking to see how people will eat and even some adults with several kids. And even more as in many cases there are really no skills/experiences of cooking ... not even if people owns top quality kitchens in their houses. And it seems that what a worse those skills are the more present the over weight issue seemed to become.

I learned to bake as very small child ... I made my first gingerbreads at 5 - 6 years old (and I started to cook someway later). Just because my mom did that at home. When you cook your own food ... you read/study/learn recipes ... you automatically learn to know why something is used and why something else is not used. Together with those you will also learn to know what is healthy and what isn't. For sure all people knows differences between green salad and pan pizzas ... but to really ''understand'' facts behind food compounds? I think many people lacks on that.

If we think about families (not single persons houses) ... the time spent together is value as such. Eating together will connect those people together as a unit ... opposite to model where everyone will eat on their own time and place (for example walking into fast food restaurants). One pretty common reason behind of increasing numbers of divorces is that the pair have someway grown apart from each others. And one risk to cause that is lack of common time.

And lastly ... no matter of culture ... what a more we'll start to eat more processes food and cook less at our homes ... we might loose something linked to our own culture. Big international level food companies targets are to sell pretty standard foods everywhere/everyone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    3 Minutes Ago @ 12:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn View Post
    That's a newer skillet, and it has a rough bottom, which makes it difficult to cook in compared to the old Wagner and Griswold pans, which are very smooth, and when kept oiled, are pretty much stick-free. Don't be scared to wash them... just use hot water and a Scotch-Brite pad, then dish soap and water. The trick is to dry the pan immediately with a clean paper towel, then dry it again with another clean paper towel, until the moisture is gone. Then, with the pan still warm from washing, put a few drops of light olive oil in it and work it all around the inside with your fingers. Then use another paper towel to dry out the oil and spread it around the entire pan. If the pan is still warm, the oil will get into the iron and keep it cured just fine.
    Are you really supposed to use dish soap on cast-iron skillets? I've always been taught that this is a big no-no, as it damages the iron surface, and to just wash it with hot water and a brush. It works pretty well, if I don't wait several days before washing it (which can happen ), and is done in about 10-20 seconds.

Never tried curing my skillets, though. You do this after every single washing?
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,388 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    Are you really supposed to use dish soap on cast-iron skillets? I've always been taught that this is a big no-no, as it damages the iron surface, and to just wash it with hot water and a brush. It works pretty well, if I don't wait several days before washing it (which can happen ), and is done in about 10-20 seconds.

Never tried curing my skillets, though. You do this after every single washing?
    You only wash cast iron pan with dish soap as you have bought it. Not after that. As you don't need to. But if you do that then you will need handle it again with pork fat/lard. For sure you can not get it destroyed easily, no matter what you will do with it.

Ostrobothnia (here in Finland) is famous of two things ... farming/flat fields & knives. Here have been (and still are) real blacksmiths. Unfortunately not many among us (Finnish Swedes) but in areas where Finns lives. I have bough two knives (both to kitchen use) from one of them. I assume you could be interesting on that kind of handicraft work? Anyway it is same with those knives ... never wash them with dish soap. And dry them always after washing them. Otherwise they are really good, better than anything I have been able to found in shops (or my mom has ).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post: