Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 51 to 53 of 53

Thread: My 23andme Results

  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 12:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Gender
    Posts
    90
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    24
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestEuropean View Post

    A little taste of Russian mindset from YouTube:
    Russians are close to Swedes on DNA tests, because both us (Russians) and them (Swedes) are northern Europeans deriving from a population of European Hunter gatherers and having Nordic phenotype.
    Finn's are very far apart from Russians/Swedes and are closer to Tatars than anything else due to being a Uralic people descending from North Eurasian Hunter gatherers.
    If you're Finnish please don't think of yourself as being related to us, Russians, because you aren't. We are related to other Europeans like Swedes, British, and French, you are related to Asians like Tatars and other little minorities.
    This is mostly true, is it not?

    Finnish people are on average 10% Asian, and Portuguese are 10% Negro. But this admix isnt ancient and doesnt come from being a Uralic peoples, since the Finnish have more Asian admixture than Estonians and Hungarians. And It definitely doesn't have anything to do with the Tatars.

    I think it's pointless to argue if Russians are close to Swedes or not, since all Europeans are closely related to each-other, but of course Russian would be more close with Scandinavians or any Northern European than Southern Euro. However, Russian would be the most closely related to the Sanskrit People of Ancient India, than anyone else.

  2. #52
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Žoreišar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    22 Minutes Ago @ 12:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Posts
    2,299
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,151
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,301
    Thanked in
    636 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaby View Post
    Finnish people are on average 10% Asian, and Portuguese are 10% Negro. But this admix isnt ancient and doesnt come from being a Uralic peoples, since the Finnish have more Asian admixture than Estonians and Hungarians.
    Could still be ancient. Estonia and Hungary have been in closer contact with other Europeans than the Finns have, through conquests and supranational empires (Austria-Hungary, and the Teutonic Order), which would have had an effect on their genepool, and possibly watered down the hypothetical Asiatic genes among the Hungarians and Estonians.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonaby View Post
    However, Russian would be the most closely related to the Sanskrit People of Ancient India, than anyone else.
    Why?
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Gender
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Posts
    151
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaby View Post
    This is mostly true, is it not?

    Finnish people are on average 10% Asian, and Portuguese are 10% Negro. But this admix isnt ancient and doesnt come from being a Uralic peoples, since the Finnish have more Asian admixture than Estonians and Hungarians. And It definitely doesn't have anything to do with the Tatars.

    I think it's pointless to argue if Russians are close to Swedes or not, since all Europeans are closely related to each-other, but of course Russian would be more close with Scandinavians or any Northern European than Southern Euro. However, Russian would be the most closely related to the Sanskrit People of Ancient India, than anyone else.
    My emphasis lied in the bolded part of that post. It seems to me that Russian Tatars (Volga Tatars) can have genetics that are similar to Finns. Although generally Tatars are Turkic with darker features and no Northern European, and more Asian admixture. Russians, the majority of them, are closer to Europeans than Finns are. I never questioned that.

    Finns are indeed about 8% arctic Siberian. This admixture is ancient, which has been proven in a study from last year and DNA companies like AncestryDNA and 23andme always give ancestry that is recent on ancestry paintings, but they don't show it there. Only GEDMatch calculators can pick this up.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Similar Threads

  1. 23andMe's Pharma Deals
    By SaxonPagan in forum Health, Fitness & Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Monday, October 21st, 2019, 02:21 AM
  2. 23andMe: The Devil In Disguise
    By Nachtengel in forum Genealogy & Ancestry DNA
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Wednesday, April 24th, 2019, 11:18 AM
  3. Gall-Gaidheal's 23andme
    By Gall-Gaidheal in forum Genealogy & Ancestry DNA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Tuesday, June 7th, 2011, 12:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •