Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,072 Posts

Based PewDiePie Retracts $50,000 Donation To ADL

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech
    I'm not fully up to date with this issue unlike HoM and Thoreidar, but apparently PDP donated a nice sum to the ADL a few days ago - either randomly, because he believed the ADL to be a good cause, or perhaps to improve the notorious reputation he currently has in the mainstream media - but then his fans caused an uproar and convinced PDP to do the right thing in the end. PDP said he was recommended the ADL, but learned some things about the organization after the conversation online. He received a lot of criticism from his fans in the comments below this video, prior to retracting his donation:

LOL:

Quote Originally Posted by WorldNews
    Donning what some interpreted as an Iron Cross on his collar, the YouTuber announced that he is no longer to donate $50,000 to the Anti-Defamation League, a well-known group dedicated to fighting anti-Semitism.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Twitter comment from some user named M
    The cross is taken from a 5th-century ornament at the Bolnisi Sioni church, which came to be used as a national symbol of Georgia. the shirt literally says: უფალო შეგვიწყალენ(Lord have mercy on us)
    PewDiePie pulls $50,000 pledge to Jewish anti-hate group after fan backlash

The YouTuber said he ‘didn’t know a lot’ about the ADL

Source: The Verge

Felix “PewDiePie” Kjellberg is pulling his $50,000 pledge to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) after his initial announcement drew backlash from parts of his fan base.

In a video uploaded today, Kjellberg said that he didn’t know much about the ADL when he made the pledge. It was only after uploading the video and seeing feedback about the organization that he admitted he “didn’t know a lot of things that surfaced throughout this whole thing about the charity.” He made the original announcement during an unboxing of a special YouTube Play button to celebrate surpassing 100 million subscribers.

“I made the mistake of picking a charity that I was advised to instead of picking a charity that I’m personally passionate about,” Kjellberg said in the video. “Which is 100 percent my fault.”

Kjellberg previously addressed the criticism against his donation in a recently deleted tweet, acknowledging that “making a donation to the ADL doesn’t make sense to everyone, especially since they’ve outright spoken against me.” A spokesperson for the ADL told The Verge at the time that they learned about the “potential donation when everyone else did: when he made the announcement on his channel yesterday.”

The original announcement about his donation to the ADL comes after Kjellberg stated he wanted to move past his former controversies. Kjellberg first drew global criticism for paying two men on Fiverr to hold up a sign with anti-Semitic imagery in February 2017. He was then caught using a racist expletive during a gaming live stream on YouTube. Most recently, he tried to distance himself from a popular meme, known as “Subscribe to PewDiePie,” after it was used in the Christchurch terrorist attack in New Zealand earlier this year.

Kjellberg said he’s still going to donate the $50,000, which he received as a sponsorship from Honey. He hasn’t announced which charity will receive the money, but said he plans to take his time with it. The Verge has reached out to Kjellberg’s team for further comment.
    “Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

PewDiePie Cancels $50,000 Donation to ADL, Media Immediately Smears Him As A Nazi

PewDiePie Cancels $50,000 Donation to ADL, Media Immediately Smears Him As A Nazi
    The King of YouTube, Felix “PewDiePie” Kjellberg announced Thursday he has decided not to donate $50,000 to the YouTube censors at the Anti-Defamation League after learning more about the group.

From The Wrap, “Felix ‘PewDiePie’ Kjellberg Pulls Planned $50,000 Donation From ADL”:

“I made the mistake of picking a charity that I was advised instead of picking a charity I was personally passionate about,” the popular YouTube content creator said in a video posted to his over 100 million subscribers on Thursday.

Felix “PewDiePie” Kjellberg, a popular streamer who boasts the second-largest subscriber count on YouTube, revealed in a video posted Thursday that he would not be going forward with a $50,000 donation to the Anti-Defamation League that he announced earlier this week. Kjellberg received the funds as part of a sponsorship with browser extension Honey.

“When we were planning the collaboration, we thought it would be nice to donate to a charity as a way to celebrate,” Kjellberg said in the video. “I made the mistake of picking a charity that I was advised instead of picking a charity I was personally passionate about. That’s 100 percent my fault.”

“I didn’t know a lot of things that surfaced throughout this whole thing that doesn’t fit at all. These are things I would have known myself if I just would have taken my time,” Kjellberg continued. “It doesn’t feel genuine for me to proceed with the donation at this point and I instead want to take my time, keep the intent that I had and do it with the right charity.”

“ADL learned about the potential donation from Felix Kjellberg when everyone else did: when he made the announcement on his channel earlier this week. We have not received any communication from him beyond his public posts,” an ADL representative told The Hollywood Reporter.

The King of YouTube, Felix “PewDiePie” Kjellberg announced Thursday he has decided not to donate $50,000 to the YouTube censors at the Anti-Defamation League after learning more about the group.

From The Wrap, “Felix ‘PewDiePie’ Kjellberg Pulls Planned $50,000 Donation From ADL”:

“I made the mistake of picking a charity that I was advised instead of picking a charity I was personally passionate about,” the popular YouTube content creator said in a video posted to his over 100 million subscribers on Thursday.

Felix “PewDiePie” Kjellberg, a popular streamer who boasts the second-largest subscriber count on YouTube, revealed in a video posted Thursday that he would not be going forward with a $50,000 donation to the Anti-Defamation League that he announced earlier this week. Kjellberg received the funds as part of a sponsorship with browser extension Honey.

“When we were planning the collaboration, we thought it would be nice to donate to a charity as a way to celebrate,” Kjellberg said in the video. “I made the mistake of picking a charity that I was advised instead of picking a charity I was personally passionate about. That’s 100 percent my fault.”

“I didn’t know a lot of things that surfaced throughout this whole thing that doesn’t fit at all. These are things I would have known myself if I just would have taken my time,” Kjellberg continued. “It doesn’t feel genuine for me to proceed with the donation at this point and I instead want to take my time, keep the intent that I had and do it with the right charity.”

“ADL learned about the potential donation from Felix Kjellberg when everyone else did: when he made the announcement on his channel earlier this week. We have not received any communication from him beyond his public posts,” an ADL representative told The Hollywood Reporter.

Alex Jones breaks down the state of free speech on the internet.

“I saw it as an opportunity to put an end to these alt-right claims that had been thrown against me,” Kjellberg said in Thursday’s video of the decision to donate to ADL.

Though the media praised PewDiePie on Wednesday after hearing about his plan to donate to the ADL, they immediately went to work smearing him as a Nazi on Thursday after hearing he had a change of heart.

PewDiePie became the top trending topic on Twitter with their admins putting front and center the lie that he was wearing an “Iron Cross,” even though it was in fact a Bolnisi cross from Georgian fashion designer Demna Gvasalia.

Got this wrong myself, #Pewdiepie is NOT wearing a Iron Cross, he is for some reason wearing a Georgian Bolnisi cross. The shirt is by the Georgian designer Demna Gvasalia. Why he decided to wear this in a video talking about retracting a donation to the ADL is your own guess. pic.twitter.com/QSDvDrn1oI

— Zach D Roberts (@zdroberts) September 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/VitoGesualdi/sta...09090321620994

Matt Rivitz’s organized boycotting group Sleeping Giants appeared to threaten Honey with a statement pressuring them to “hand” their money “straight to the ADL now.”

.@honey should probably pull their pledge to PewDiePie and hand it straight to the @ADL now.

Just a suggestion. https://t.co/bmLBg07gmg

— Sleeping Giants (@slpng_giants) September 12, 2019

That sure reads to me as Rivitz essentially saying: “Hand your money over straight to the ADL or we’re going to organize a boycott against you.”

Is that not extortion?

Mashable rushed to accuse Pewds of antisemitism:

i wrote about PewDiePie backtracking on his ADL donation because a guy with 101 million youtube subscribers was afraid he'd lose some of his most antisemitic fans (even though he didn't) https://t.co/DP8Z24k0cl

— Matt Binder (@MattBinder) September 12, 2019

A bunch of other propaganda outlets also piled on.

From The New York Post, “PewDiePie rescinds donation pledge to anti-hate group after fan backlash”:

YouTube star PewDiePie pledged to donate to an anti-hate group following criticism for peddling anti-Semitic content – then decided to pull his donation after backlash from his fans. […]

His page was endorsed by neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer, who for a time referred to themselves as “The world’s #1 PewDiePie fansite.”

[…] Additionally, Kjellberg’s name was dropped by white supremacist Brenton Tarrant, who murdered 49 worshippers at a mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand.

From The Guardian, “YouTuber PewDiePie scraps $50,000 pledge to anti-hate group after fan backlash”:

The popular YouTuber Felix “PewDiePie” Kjellberg has withdrawn a $50,000 pledge to an anti-hate group, which he had dedicated as a means of atoning for past accusations of racism and antisemitism, after backlash from his fans.

[…] He has also been embraced by far-right extremists, including the Christchurch shooter, a gunman in New Zealand who killed 51 people in a mosque while livestreaming and calling on viewers to “subscribe to PewDiePie”.

[…] The donation dedicated to the ADL was seen as his latest effort to distance himself from far-right hate speech, but his fans were not happy.

“All that this particular incident shows is that at least some of his followers have antisemitic leanings and they were loud enough to get him to change course on what seemed like a PR opportunity to smooth over some of his incidents from the past,” said Matt Rivitz, of the social media activism organization Sleeping Giants.

The controversies surrounding Kjellberg underscore problems YouTube faces with extremism on the platform, Rivitz said. The company came under fire in June for failing to remove the vlogger Steven Crowder from the platform after years of anti-gay abuse directed at the video journalist Carlos Maza. Meanwhile, a group of LGBTQ YouTubers are suing YouTube’s parent company for allegedly censoring their content and incentivizing volatile behavior.

“YouTube has an extremism problem regardless of this particular incident,” Rivitz said. “They have proven time and time again that they care more about engagement and ad rates than responsibility, which is why advertisers have such difficulty with them.”

You get the picture.

I don’t know whether this was all 4D chess or what, but PewDiePie effectively exposed the ADL as being behind much of the censorship on YouTube to millions of his followers and didn’t have to give them a dime.

With the power of the SPLC waning after it was exposed as a money making scam, the ADLhas become the go-to smear merchants for the media to label folks as “haters.”

Though the ADL already seems to have been pushing to have PewDiePie deplatformed, you can bet they’re going to go even harder against him after this. When YouTube moves to censor him as they’ve censored so many others, everyone is now going to know who is behind it.
    https://www.infowars.com/pewdiepie-c...him-as-a-nazi/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Resist For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 01:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    He's basically daring them to deplatform him. Apparently he did the video with a jacket that had something on it that
    looked like an iron cross as well.

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 08:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,361 Posts
    What on earth possessed him to offer the Yids $50k in the first place

Don't they already have enough money as it is???

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 06:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    556 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    What on earth possessed him to offer the Yids $50k in the first place

Don't they already have enough money as it is???
    If Pewds hypothetically would have donated, it wouldn't have been about the money, but about the humiliation and defeat to the ADL. And of course, it would never have ended with that either.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations