Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russia German Family Flees "Degenerate" Germany For Family-Friendly Russia

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts

Russia German Family Flees "Degenerate" Germany For Family-Friendly Russia

The Martens family was going through severe persecution in the "genderless and infertile West". So they made the best decision that any Christian family could possibly make.

The family are part of a wave of Russian ethnic Germans who emigrated to Germany under a program begun in the 1980s.

Emigration to Russia! This clip taken from Russian news with transcript below details the warm reception they have received in their new Christian homeland.

Transcript:

Anchor:

A family from Germany decided to move to Stavropol region. The Martens family, having many children, couldn't settle down in their historic homeland because of the difference in upbringing traditions. The children refused to attend sex education classes. The father was put under arrest, fined, and was advised to leave the country.

Correspondent:

A real theatrical performance awaited the Martens in the airport. The forced migrants name themselves Russian-Germans. Louisa and Evgeniy were taken to Germany by their repatriate parents. The young people were uncomfortable with European values and universal freedoms when they became a family and started raising their own kids.

Evgeniy Martens:

"Our daughter said to us, that her teacher told them, that she was living with another woman. You see? And she passes on such an approach to the children." The house, which Evgeniy helped to fix this summer, was offered to the German family by one of the Stavropol residents.

Correspondent:

The story of Evgeniy and Louisa's difficult return didn't leave him indifferent.

Vladimir Poluboyarenko, Stavropol resident:

"I am a Christian, the family turned to us for help. They've gone through hardships and they had some bad experience in the Novosibirsk region. That's why I think we should show some hospitality here in the Caucasus."

"They will live as long as they need to,"

Correspondent:

the owner of the house tells us, showing us the storeroom of the house.

The supplies that the residents are bringing will last the family about a month.

-"Some nice people brought more candy, enough for two kindergartens."

-The fatigue from the journey disappeared when the migrants saw their temporary housing. There is enough room for everybody.

"It's very cozy, right? Very homelike atmosphere."

Correspondent:

What the European guests didn't expect is to meet civil servants from the local government. They promised assistance. This family hopes that they've moved for the last time and that the southern part of our country will become their second home.
    https://russia-insider.com/en/russia...v-news/ri22183

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nachtengel For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Daci, Suebi, Carpi
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heidin
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    I see that in the Western European countries is like a trend among some nationalists to think about moving to Eastern Europe (here I consider Western and Eastern according to the divide of influences after WW2, so just West and East, no center, no North etc.)... Unless people have really good reasons to do this (for example Germans moving to Romania, which has many German communities in there and which traditionally had Germans for centuries), I don't think it's a good idea... Local people from Eastern European countries (as I said, including some of central Europe too) already moved to the West for some reasons...

I think just "running away" is not a good solution... I understand it's difficult... I know many nationalists from my own home country who moved forever to "Western" countries... and they don't feel so good about it... But once you move, you no longer belong to your own country of origin anymore... nor to the new country, unless having serious reasons (like ancestry suitable to that country)...

Just an opinion here... just my humble opinion... And by the way, since I mentioned the Germans in Romania... Usually where there is more than one nationality/ ethnicity, there are more chances for conflicts to appear... Some Romanians unfortunately see Germans as invaders in their own country... I understand both stands on this issue, but well, I am both German and Romanian, so... I hate it to hear such things!

I see that some people here are also mesmerized by this idea to move to countries in Eastern Europe, like Russia, or Ukraine... Honestly, I think people should think more careful about such decisions to leave their countries... If Germans (I mean real Germans) move massively out of Germany, or Norwegians out of Norway, who the hell is going to defend their own countries???

I have mixed ancestry, so this doesn't apply to me, I can consider myself at home in any Germanic country where Germans have lived for one reason or another... and I feel it's my duty to fight for the country that hosts me, in the way I can...

I don't think "running away" is a good idea... just running away and taking care of your own family. I think this could be a bit of an egoistic way of thinking... people who don't care anymore about their countries of origin and just move out like that... I don't want to put any stamps on anyone or judge people like that, but... please think more times about it! Maybe articles and videos like these are just... for propagandist purposes? Have you ever thought about it?

I know people who gave up, nationalists, who just gave up and moved abroad from Eastern Europe... Some of them forced by life circumstances... so that's why I don't want to judge so easily... But if you have a choice, think well! I know many people who moved abroad and they feel like strangers in their new countries, but they cannot go back to their countries of origin because they don't feel home there anymore either, they feel like strangers... It's like losing your roots when you move abroad... Many people told me this...

If you don't feel a specific attraction to that country you want to move in, like feeling home there... then why should you do it?

The family in the above video had some reasons to move back to Russia... Actually, they were German citizens, if I understood well, but of Russian ethnicity... So they were Russians, going back to Russia... No problem...

And back to the idea with the propagandist purposes... over the years were many articles in the media of Russia and other Eastern European countries about families who had their children abducted by Barnevernet in Norway... it was about Russian mothers, in some cases... I read some more about this and also asked people in Norway who work with children, so they can have a better view on the issue, and they said it's not like it was depicted in the media... This is about cultural differences! In countries like Russia people were raised into another way of thinking, and sometimes they don't fit in in another culture... People in the Western Europe are more open minded... The solution to this is simple: you don't like the culture of your new country? Then just move back to your country of origin! This would apply very well to all those "invaders" of different cultures who want to impose their cultural behaviour on our lands...

I respect every culture for what it has valuable, but when people of different cultures are forced to live together... then the problems appear.

Alright, I see the point about the "family friendly Russia" and the "sexual education" in Germany... but I am sure there are more reasons, not just these... I think they did the right thing moving back to Russia and I hope many Slavs would move back like that too, back to their countries of origin...

Honestly, I don't like Russians and Russian culture outside of Russia... I admire Russian people and Russian folklore when it's in their own lands, the same with other Slavs... as long as they don't invade my own country! In Romania we had a lot of Russian influence over the time, and it was no good... What I don't like there is the outcome of too much "Russian" influence... I am probably too open minded to live there, and that's why I fit in better in other Germanic countries... In Romania one can still clearly see the divide between East and West, the West was more influenced by the Austrians, while the East by the Russians... I guess the differences between East and West are still visible in Germany, even now, after so many years after the fall of the Berlin wall... Maybe in Germany it's even more illustrative, being the same people, but differences in cultural influences... In Romania there are many ethnicities, not just Romanians, so it's not only about these influences...

And with the sexual education part they mention... that's another issue... already discussed in so many threads on this forum...

I was generalizing things a little bit here, in this post... but I hope my intention is going to be well understood...

I hope that my comments on this would be useful at least for some, to make them think better... We were born where we were born for some reasons, and with the ancestry that we have also for some reasons... Nothing happens just by accident, everything has a reason, everything is connected...
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Víðálfr For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 01:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,361 Posts
    I don't want to put any stamps on anyone or judge people like that, but... please think more times about it! Maybe articles and videos like these are just... for propagandist purposes? Have you ever thought about it?
    This is quite possible!

I sometimes read Russian Insider & Sputnik online (..even Al Jazeera occasionally), just to get a different angle on things, but just because our (((MSM))) is biased doesn't mean that theirs isn't too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Víðálfr View Post
    Maybe articles and videos like these are just... for propagandist purposes? Have you ever thought about it?
    Probably, a lot of articles are, especially the Russian side of things is known for propaganda. There are a lot of myths surrounding Eastern Europe, including that there is no multiculturalism there. Russia for example is home to not only many different cultures but also different races, all sort of Siberian, Turkic etc. people.

The family in the above video had some reasons to move back to Russia... Actually, they were German citizens, if I understood well, but of Russian ethnicity... So they were Russians, going back to Russia... No problem...
    They were allegedly ethnic Germans from Russia.

Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Some Romanians unfortunately see Germans as invaders in their own country...
    That's funny, considering most Germans are located in Transylvania, which was Romanian only since a short time. Most of history it was part of Hungary, which is why they also hate Hungarians I guess. The truth must hurt... Germans came into Transylvania when it was a part of Hungary and they were invited by the Hungarian rules to defend the southeastern border of the Kingdom of Hungary against foreign invaders stemming from Central Asia like Cumans and Tatars. So calling them "invaders" is not only ridiculous but it's the other way around. If it hadn't been for Germans, Transylvania would have become some Turkic or Islamic sh*thole. And it was also the Germans who created some of the biggest and most known cities in that region, in some of them originally Romanian peasantry wasn't even allowed. The same is true for many other communities in Eastern Europe, where Germans settled and civilized them. Moreover, as a Germanicist the duty is to support Germanic people wherever they are. For example, the USA belongs to American Germanics, not to the Injuns. Germanics were wanderers and settled all over the world.

If you don't feel a specific attraction to that country you want to move in, like feeling home there... then why should you do it?
    Because they are ethnic Germans and they probably saw it as going back to the home of their roots. Maybe they were sold propaganda on how in Germany the grass is always green and the like, or maybe they immigrated out of economic reasons, like most people do nowadays.

This is about cultural differences! In countries like Russia people were raised into another way of thinking, and sometimes they don't fit in in another culture... People in the Western Europe are more open minded... The solution to this is simple: you don't like the culture of your new country? Then just move back to your country of origin! This would apply very well to all those "invaders" of different cultures who want to impose their cultural behaviour on our lands...
    The "open mindedness" you talk about is a product of modernism, Germanics didn't used to be so liberal and loose, particularly not Germans. And speak for yourself. My family for example doesn't support the sexual revolution and all these lewd, degenerate nonsense. If a German doesn't want their children to be indoctrinated and have their minds polluted with liberal nonsense, there is nothing wrong with them. You make it sound like this family had some problem with integrating into German culture because they didn't want their kids to be sexualized and exposed to faggotry, but that is not real German culture! In some ways, the ethnic Germans from the enclaves are closer to traditional German culture than the modern liberals who strip on the street, piss and vomit on each other at Oktoberfest and go out on gay pride parades. That's as much German culture as a Kebab. This family was probably not exposed to such garbage since Eastern Europe is somewhat behind in becoming "progressive" enough by liberal standards. The problem is that in Germany homeschooling is banned, so we are practically forced to send our children into this indoctrination system. I don't blame the parents for taking an issue with the teacher who told their child that she was living with another woman. I'd react too if it was my child, and make it clear that I don't want my children exposed to such degeneracy.

We were born where we were born for some reasons, and with the ancestry that we have also for some reasons... Nothing happens just by accident, everything has a reason, everything is connected...
    Aren't you an immigrant yourself, don't you live in Norway? And since when are you so Germanic? As far as I remember, you mentioned a German great-grandfather, which makes you only 1/8 Germanic. So you're the last person to lecture on what ethnic Germans do.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bärin For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    6 Minutes Ago @ 01:50 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    525 Posts
    The family in the above video had some reasons to move back to Russia... Actually, they were German citizens, if I understood well, but of Russian ethnicity...
    No, the other way round. They're ethnic Germans (Prussians) who lived for generations in Russia. During the late 18th amd 19th century Russia actively invited specially Germans, but also others, to settle certain areas and cultivate the land.
    After the fall of the Soviet Union, and also in smaller scale before, these Russlanddeutsche have been more or less actively invited back into Germany, with (now infamous) Erika Steinbach leading the call. During the 80s and 90s this was widely supported, nowadays of cause it's smeared as "ethnic racism" and "reminiscence of Heim ins Reich propaganda" and other anti-German blah.

Other than Germans in Riga / Tallinn and other cities, the Germans in the hinterland of Russia, or (now Polish) Masuren etc were peasants mostly. Simple but good people. Who have been made felt rather "unwelcome" by the general anti-German propaganda here and "liberal" (degenerate) "values" pushed since the last decades. Their homesoil in a way is in the east, it's where they lived for generations, and many of them werent born here but came as children with their repatriated parents only.

Today we're back in the 19th century situation, where Russia welcomes German settlers again. While Germans in Germany feel increasingly unwelcome in their own homeland. The emigration epidemic (and it really is, that's why statistics only talk about "net-migration" which hides both the real number of racial aliens flooding in and the high number of Germans fleeing the country for greener gras elsewhere) used to go to America (for jobs) or Canada / NZ / Oz for a more "wild" life, and everyone not going for a job left Germany for better family raising conditions. Iceland interestingly also has a sizeable German population. In recent years the "wild east" have become also a growing target destination, not only of ex-Russlanddeutsche who go "back". There are more good reasons to go to Russia, they've kicked out Monsanto and other GMO poison, they've kicked out Soros' "Open Society Foundation" and other such moves which makes Russia an attractive destination.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velvet For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 01:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,361 Posts
    Regardless of the history, if I was moving to another country I'd do my homework very thoroughly beforehand to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts
    In my view, there's nothing wrong with the family moving to Russia. From the article, I was under the impression that the family were second and third generation immigrants from Russia, however they're not ethnically Russian but instead ethnic Germans (maybe Volga Germans?)

Here what the article mentions:
    The forced migrants name themselves Russian-Germans. Louisa and Evgeniy were taken to Germany by their repatriate parents. The young people were uncomfortable with European values and universal freedoms when they became a family and started raising their own kids.
    It seems like the parents of the Martens family were taken to Germany by their own parents when they were young, probably under the right of return. So it wasn't really their own choice to move to Germany, and probably when their parents moved they didn't expect the country would take such a turn. I can imagine it was a cultural shock for them, especially since they're Christian and thus support a little bit more conservative values, which is usually common for ethnic Germans. They probably complained about the lesbian teacher and their children being subjected to sexual content and maybe they wanted to educate the children themselves, but since homeschooling isn't allowed in Germany, that wasn't a realistic option. So between the choice of letting their children become indoctrinated with liberal values, as Bärin calls it and getting in trouble with the law because they can't homeschool them (the article mentions the father was arrested and fined), and the possibility of moving to Russia, whose society is a little bit more conservative, they chose the latter. Since they're Russia Germans I wouldn't see them as truly immigrants, more like an ethnic minority who returns to their community.

I've to say I can understand the family to a degree. Although I am an ethnic German myself, and when I was younger I also dreamed of moving to Germany because that's the land of my ancestors, nowadays I wouldn't do it. Especially now that I've married and wish to form a family. I'd also like my children to be raised in a Christian, conservative culture, in the same way that I was raised by my parents, and I wouldn't be happy with subjecting them to (homo)sexual motives at a young age. While other peoples might disagree, I've the right to educate my children the way I consider it correct. Unfortunately, nowadays the schooling system has become increasingly liberalised and to be honest, I became shocked when I heard in the media that kindergarten and elementary school aged children are exposed to homosexuality, drag queens or shown sex toys and taught how to masturbate. At that age, I wasn't even thinking about sex, I still thought that babies were brought by the stork. On top of all, to not be allowed to homeschool your children, not to be allowed to give them the education you want to, and to risk to be called a "homophobe", prosecuted for hate speech and maybe have the children taken away from you if you complain to the board of education about liberal teachers, it's something which shocks me. In this sense I don't consider the West to be more in line with "European values and universal freedoms", as the article calls it, and I've no desire to become more "openminded" to such "values". Aside from the fact that I consider Transylvania to be my homeland, I've no intention to adopt these values. If that means I wouldn't fit in modern day Germany, then so be it. But I'm inclined to agree with Bärin that such values aren't truly Germanic to begin with. The fact that some Germanics see Eastern Europe as some sort of refuge/solution speaks for itself. But why are they considering such options to begin with? I don't think it's because they suddenly decided to become Russophiles, or because they like Russia or Russian culture. In my view, it's because they decry the transformation of their countries and search for a return to conservatism and traditionalism.

As opposed to the modern West, Eastern and parts of Central Europe are still socially conservative in some ways, and this is also publicly supported by politicians such as Putin, Orban and the like. For example Putin has criticised liberalism and in Russia there is a law prohibiting homosexual propaganda among minors. So while Russia is not exactly a paradise, if someone wants to get away from such things they might see it as an option. However, if I were to move to such a country, I'd prefer to find a Germanic community. Another option is, if more Germanics move, to establish a new Germanic community where they could practice their language and culture. At the same time, I'm not sure that moving to a different country is a solution for everyone, and for the long run. Because one can't run away forever, and considering Germany struggles with low birthrates, the more families that leave, the more the population dwindles. But it's hard to tell someone who is in the situation of the Martens family they've to stay. They've a duty not only towards their nation, but also towards their children and they do their best to protect and raise them properly. I also find it worrisome that Germans who are born and raised in Germany are told to leave their own country if they don't like the refugee situation and the like. If Germans are treated like 2nd class citisens in their own land, it's not a huge surprise they feel like strangers in their own country.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siebenbürgerin For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 04:16 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    germanic/alsatian/Elsaesser
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Married
    Occupation
    retired - Aerospace Quality Engi
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    491 Posts

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Daci, Suebi, Carpi
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heidin
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    That's funny, considering most Germans are located in Transylvania, which was Romanian only since a short time. Most of history it was part of Hungary, which is why they also hate Hungarians I guess. The truth must hurt...
    I'm sorry to let you know that you (like many others) are totally misinformed on this topic. Transylvania was inhabited by the same people since antiquity, since Dacian times, and it's just the Hungarian misinformation and propaganda made for political purposes that misinformed you. There are many archaeological proofs and DNA analysis and also documents that show clearly that Daco-Romanians lived there since ancient times, and Transylvania was not "empty" as Hungarians may suggest. I am sorry, but you don't get me with this, I know much better than you what I am saying on this topic (first of all, I can read in Romanian language things you probably cannot read, no offence about it)! The thing is that archaeological and historical proofs are willingly hidden and buried away, and systematically the government doesn't want to invest in researching such things. The Romanian state is governed by traitors, who don't want to reveal our real history, they just play the political game according to the interests of others, and not to the national interest. Hopefully things will change and the real past of Daco-Romanian people will be revealed. Believe me, there are so many studies that proof that... I really don't understand why you are on the Hungarian side here, when it's just misinformation and political interests. Remember, history is written by "conquerors", so they change history and manipulate data as they like... But the truth will be revealed, sooner or later... I really hope you'll get to see that I am right on these issues.

Germans came into Transylvania when it was a part of Hungary and they were invited by the Hungarian rules to defend the southeastern border of the Kingdom of Hungary against foreign invaders stemming from Central Asia like Cumans and Tatars.
    Remember that there were other two Daco-Romanian states that were protecting Europe from foreign invaders, Moldova and Valahia, besides Transylvania. If there weren't the brave Daco-Romanians from Moldova and Valahia to defend Europe against these peoples... don't want to imagine. Part of Transylvania was also conquered by the Romans, when it was Dacia back then, and the free Dacians, especially from today's Moldova, were still attacking and harassing the Roman occupation all the time. The Romans were there just to steal the gold from our mountains (the Western branch of the Carpathians), this is why they only cared about occupying that part of our land.

And by the way, why the country, after the union, was called "Romania" and people "Romanians"... It was just a formality, having to do with the Daco-Romanian nationalists from Transylvania ("Şcoala Ardeleană"), who wanted to emphasize the Roman heritage... But that was a big mistake, and they were mistaken about the Romans... Romans never had such a big impact on our language and heritage as they wanted to emphasize. It was more of a reaction to the Hungarian lies, you see... Some also wanted to call the country "Dacia" or "Valahia", and the people "Dacians"... There are many documents that serve as proofs for this. And the first time all Daco-Romanians (oh, I don't like to use this term, but it's much better than "Romanians", and if I would say just Dacians would be too confusing for readers) were again united in only one country, after the fall of Decebal and the Roman occupation, was under Mihai Viteazul (Michael the Brave) who was soon after that killed by Hungarians... And for that short while the country was called again Dacia... which is very unappealing for those who don't want to recognize the continuity of the Dacians in those territories.

So, all Daco-Romanians (or better said, just Dacians, as we have almost nothing to do with the Romans) were defending bravely against the foreign invaders from Asia, as you called them...

So calling them "invaders" is not only ridiculous but it's the other way around. If it hadn't been for Germans, Transylvania would have become some Turkic or Islamic sh*thole. And it was also the Germans who created some of the biggest and most known cities in that region
    Don't get me wrong here! Maybe I should have been more specific, but I will make it clear now. I never heard anyone complaining about the Germans from Transylvania, and considering them like that, but I haven't spend too much time there to witness such things. However, as far as I know, the issue in Transylvania has always been about the Hungarian occupiers, not about Germans, Germans were always viewed as nice people who only brought good things to our land and influenced it in a good way. So don't be so radical about this, I understand why you reacted like this, but it's not the case. I only heard such comments about the Germans from Bucovina, and that's where my German ancestry comes from too, so I cannot stand it either to hear such things, especially also because most Germans from Bucovina already left after WW2, so it's just very few of them left. Bucovina, however, was very multicultural, we had Poles, Ukrainians, Hungarians and Jews there too, and it was just some... maybe some extreme nationalists who said things like that about Germans from Bucovina. However, it doesn't make any sense to continue the debate on this, there are always nationalists who tend to exaggerate things on one side against the other. And such people who blamed the Germans from Bucovina also forgot that Corneliu Zelea Codreanu, one of the greatest Daco-Romanian nationalists, and founder of the legionary movement, also had German ancestry from Bucovina... So these people are just exaggerating, there are always idiots in all sides of the political spectrum, including among nationalists. So... don't worry about this!

And again, I strongly disagree with you on what you just said above, if the Germans were not there... If it was like you said, then Moldova and Valahia wouldn't exist today, they would have been Turkic or Islamic as you said, which is not the case. Before even touching Transylvania, the Turks had to fight with the Moldavians and the Vlachs first, and they lost the battles so many times... So the reason why Transylavnia didn't become as you said, it's mostly because of the Moldavians and the Vlachs who resisted against the Turks so many times... Now here is historical accuracy, things are officially recognized, you can just go and check about Ştefan cel Mare (Stephen the Great) of Moldova (Moldavia) to see how many times he won against the Turks... and also how he unified all Moldavian territories... and not only... Historical Moldova consists also of today's Republic of Moldova, by the way, who has Ştefan cel Mare (Stephen the Great) as their national hero, and to see how propaganda and brainwashing works, by the Russians, by the way, their Russian influenced government tried and still tries to brainwash the people, telling them that Moldavians and Romanians are not the same people and a lot of other historical non-sense not worth mentioning here (just one example, they are brainwashed to believe that Romanians "stole" the Western part of Moldova, which is now part of Romania obviously, from Moldova, and not the other way around; the reality is that after WW2 Russia split Moldova in three different countries, they took also Northern Bucovina and Southern Basarabia, which now are parts of Ukraine... but these were all parts of Moldova, historically, the Moldova of Ştefan cel Mare/ Stephen the Great!). So... here is just an example of how Russians deal with propaganda and brainwashing, and here it's clear for everyone that what they tried to impose on the people of "Republic of Moldova" is just non-sense... Well, it's the same with the lies Hungarians tried to promote about our history, the difference is that many people, like you, believe that. No offence intended, you probably didn't even heard before about all those things I just wrote above, so it's not your fault. As it is not the fault of the old Moldavian woman, who was screaming on the bus in Chişinău that Romanians stole a part of Moldova from Moldova, that she didn't know the truth, and she believed the version she was being told by the Russian brainwashing machine (I avoided to say communist, because of your political views, but well, this is what both communism and Russia did in Moldova, we cannot hide it!)...

in some of them originally Romanian peasantry wasn't even allowed.
    As I said, I am not so well informed about this, but if this is true... then I don't like it. And also how you put the problem... Well, probably is this detail that made some Romanian nationalists say bad things about Germans, but again, I prefer not to make any statement on this, since... I am somewhere in the middle. I've heard that in Bucovina the Germans were basically part of an upper class, and Romanians were not treated very well, and this is why some nationalists say bad things about Germans. Well, my ancestry from Bucovina was from the upper class, from the German "invaders", and also, very important, I haven't been there, so I don't know how the reality was. And stories... who knows what the truth is? I really wanted to know and so I asked other Romanians from Bucovina, not just nationalists, normal people, but no one could tell me anything about it at the moment. I wanted to know if it was true or not. But now it's just past and it's too far away, some people don't even care anymore about it. Here we can believe whatever we want to believe. But personally, I don't feel entitled to comment on such sensitive issues, so I restrain from making more comments on this. I guess my German blood was just boiling when hearing Romanian nationalists commenting badly about Bucovina Germans, and I just couldn't stand it...

Moreover, as a Germanicist the duty is to support Germanic people wherever they are.
    Here I agree with you! And I am doing this too. I support the Germans from Romania, for example, just one example among many others... And "Romania"... it was supposed to be called Dacia or Valahia, but whatever... officially now it is "Romania"...

The "open mindedness" you talk about is a product of modernism, Germanics didn't used to be so liberal and loose, particularly not Germans.
    I guess we have different understanding of the term "open mindedness", I didn't want to mean what you understood from my statements. For me this means people who can think for themselves, not taking for granted what other people or the government imposes on them. For me, for example, people here on Skadi are very open minded, as we can speak freely about "politically incorrect" things... I know this might not be the common use of the term, but well, my fault here, maybe I should have used other words instead...

My family for example doesn't support the sexual revolution and all these lewd, degenerate nonsense. If a German doesn't want their children to be indoctrinated and have their minds polluted with liberal nonsense, there is nothing wrong with them.
    I totally agree!

This family was probably not exposed to such garbage since Eastern Europe is somewhat behind in becoming "progressive" enough by liberal standards.
    In Romania they already started with that garbage too a while ago... However, Romania belongs to Central Europe geographically, but according to the criteria mentioned in the previous post we can include it in Eastern Europe too for this debate. I don't know the situation in other Eastern European countries, though...

The problem is that in Germany homeschooling is banned, so we are practically forced to send our children into this indoctrination system.
    This is terrible!!! I didn't know that!

I don't blame the parents for taking an issue with the teacher who told their child that she was living with another woman.
    Well, here I agree that parents should have the right to teach their children how they think is right about these things. What "they" do is abominable, "they" promote all these "out of the norms" behaviours to kids at such a scale, like if they want to "educate" (or re-educate, to use the term used under communism in Romania!) a generation of homosexuals... And my statement is not too far from the reality, unfortunately... I don't have anything against homosexuals and others like that, as long as they keep it to themselves and don't go out for parades and promote their behaviour as being "the new norm"... It's disgusting (among many other things), and well, as I said, I didn't want to debate here on this, since there are already so many threads in which such things are discussed.
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Víðálfr For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast