Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    605 Posts

Are you a Wolf or Sheep?

Come across this video in my YouTube suggestions, I think it really hits hard about modern society and does ask are you a Wolf or a Sheep?

This topic can go in many different directions, if staff feels they need to move it do so, just don't put it in the "man, woman, relationships" sub form, because if you do you are surely the Sheep being mentioned.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 03:05 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    I'm what they call a "Sigma" male. I don't care about the game and society's expectations. I make my own rules and really don't care or want to fit in. I guess that would put me in wolf territory more than sheep.
    I grew up on a belief of honour, courage and the old world values. The world isn't about that anymore, preferring to die a slow death of fast food and cheap thrills.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meister For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    52 Minutes Ago @ 02:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,222 Posts
    It’s true what he says around the 5:00 mark about kids who start school becoming 'property of the State'.

In many ways, this even continues long after school because modern economics have been rigged to turn everyone into wage slaves. There are very few *FREE* citizens around today due to this and I sometimes wonder how I'd fare if I was starting out again.

Regarding wolves and sheep, I'll abstain because I'm certainly not a sheep but being a wolf somehow implies that you prey on the sheep (ie. weaker individuals) and I don't do this either.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    Regarding wolves and sheep, I'll abstain because I'm certainly not a sheep but being a wolf somehow implies that you prey on the sheep (ie. weaker individuals) and I don't do this either.
    I think he was meaning that wolves are free without restraint( nature) and sheep are controlled by men/shepherd(society)?
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

Wild Cat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/German American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    I work at home.
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    804 Posts
    Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs

Last year I took a handgun class at the U.S. Shooting Academy here in Tulsa. During one of our breaks, our burly, mustached instructor shared an insight from retired Army Lt. Col. and author Dave Grossman that’s given me a lot of food for thought this past year.
    According to Grossman, the human population can be divided into three groups: sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs.
    Sheep

Most people are sheep. Grossman isn’t using the term pejoratively, he’s simply referring to the fact that most human beings are kind, gentle, and peaceful. The conflicts and ethical dilemmas they’re regularly faced with rarely rise to the level of life and death, good versus evil. For the most part people deal with challenges that are more annoyances than true crises. And when faced with conflict, they generally try to do the right thing, avoid making waves, and demonstrate pro-social behavior.
    While most people are kind and good, they simply don’t know how to deal with evil and dangerous people because for the most part they don’t encounter and interact with evil and dangerous people in their day-to-day lives. Like sheep, they largely move about with those who are like them and do as others do. They are content to subsist in a predictable and routine sphere. As they live and graze, they cannot envision anything disrupting their peace or routine, and imagine that each day will proceed like the last. And just like sheep, most people depend on somebody else to protect and take care of them and keep this relatively placid world around them going smoothly, be it the police, military, or some administrative agency.
    Wolves

Wolves are bad guys. They exist in the shadows outside the porous perimeter of safety that surrounds the sheep. Wolves are the sociopaths who commit violent crimes or ignore moral or ethical boundaries with impunity. They take advantage of the sheep’s tendency to be inexperienced with evil, unprepared for attack, and caught flat-footed when a crisis arises. This allows these evil men to, as Grossman puts it, “feed on the [sheep] without mercy.”
    According to Grossman, a minutely small percentage of the population can be described as true “wolves.” He puts the number at around 1%.
    Sheepdogs

Sheepdogs are society’s protectors. Grossman himself doesn’t flesh this out (or the other categories) all that deeply, but in reading up on the role of “livestock guardian dogs,” I found an uncannily good description of human sheepdogs.
    While both herding dogs and livestock guardian dogs (LGDs) are known as sheepdogs, their roles are quite different. The former bark at, nip, and stare down animals to keep them together and moving in a certain way. Livestock guardian dogs, on the other hand, live with their flock of animals full-time, allowing them to blend in and watch for intruders within the herd. LGDs are placed in the flock as puppies so that they “imprint” on the animals they will be tasked with caring for and protecting. Strongly bonded to them, the LGD will perceive other species as predators and protect those it knows from these potentially hostile outsiders.
    Large and protective, the mere presence of a LGD in a herd can deter would-be predators, and those that dare to venture closer often turn tail when the dog simply demonstrates its aggression through barking and intimidation. According to Wikipedia: “LGDs seldom kill predators; instead, their aggressive behaviors tend to condition predators to seek unguarded (thus, non-farm animal) prey. For instance, in Italy’s Gran Sasso National Park, where LGDs and wolves have coexisted for centuries, older, more experienced wolves seem to ‘know’ the LGDs and leave their flocks alone.”
    If a predator is not dissuaded by the presence of a LGD, it is ready and willing to attack and fight the predator to the death. And the LGD does not simply wait for a predator to attempt to infiltrate the flock – it also actively patrols its territory, seeking out predators and even luring them in to hunt them. Yet despite their fierceness, LGDs make loyal, gentle companions, and are especially protective of children.
    According to Wikipedia, “The three qualities most sought after in LGDs are trustworthiness, attentiveness, and protectiveness—trustworthy in that they do not roam off and are not aggressive with the livestock, attentive in that they are situationally aware of threats by predators, and protective in that they will attempt to drive off predators.” What’s really interesting is the different roles these social creatures can play according to their differing personalities:
    “Most [stick] close to the livestock, others tending to follow the shepherd or rancher when one is present, and some drifting farther from the livestock. These differing roles are often complementary in terms of protecting livestock, and experienced ranchers and shepherds sometimes encourage these differences by adjustments in socialization technique so as to increase the effectiveness of their group of dogs in meeting specific predator threats. LGDs that follow the livestock closest assure that a guard dog is on hand if a predator attacks, while LGDs that patrol at the edges of a flock or herd are in a position to keep would-be attackers at a safe distance from livestock. Those dogs that are more attentive tend to alert those that are more passive but perhaps also more trustworthy or less aggressive with the livestock.”
    The role of human “sheepdogs” is almost exactly that of their canine counterparts. Like actual sheepdogs, they live among the flock – one of them, and yet different and set apart. They protect the perimeter and vigilantly watch for evil “wolves.” Their mere presence can keep bad men turning on each other instead of on law-abiding citizens, but if they do attack, human sheepdogs are alert and ready to be aggressive. They are prepared to make a stand against those who would do others harm, but outside of times of crisis, they are gentle and trustworthy. Grossman describes human sheepdogs as individuals who have a capacity for violence but also a moral compass and a “deep love for [their] fellow citizens.” Their hardihood and bravery gives them the ability to “walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed.”
    Sheep find sheepdogs annoying when things are fine. For example, most people grumble about the police when they get a ticket for a minor traffic violation. But when a wolf shows up, and the police catch him, the complaining stops and people turn out to line the streets, cheer them on, and shower them with gratitude.
    As with wolves, sheepdogs make up a very small percentage of the population. Grossman guesses this elite group represents just 1% of people.
    The Sheep/Sheepdog Continuum

Grossman argues that “the business of being a sheep or sheepdog is not a yes-no dichotomy.” Rather it’s a continuum. Some folks live at the extreme ends of the spectrum and are completely passive sheep or hardened ultimate warriors. Most people, however, fall somewhere in between.
    Your “sheepness” or “sheepdogness” can change depending on context, too. I’ve known men who act like fierce sheepdogs in one situation, but have the passivity of lambs in another.

More at:

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/are-you-a-sheep-or-sheepdog/

I'm more of a sheepdog.
    “A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.” Robert A. Heinlein

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gareth Lee Hunter For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 02:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    germanic/alsatian/Elsaesser
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    retired - Aerospace
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    435 Posts
    On a side note, we have to be careful not becoming "SHEOPLES".
    As long as we are thinking for ourselves, we will be alright. Except for my Christian beliefs, I never was a follower of any utopian idea.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to schwab For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 03:05 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    While most people are kind and good, they simply don’t know how to deal with evil and dangerous people because for the most part they don’t encounter and interact with evil and dangerous people in their day-to-day lives. Like sheep, they largely move about with those who are like them and do as others do. They are content to subsist in a predictable and routine sphere. As they live and graze, they cannot envision anything disrupting their peace or routine, and imagine that each day will proceed like the last. And just like sheep, most people depend on somebody else to protect and take care of them and keep this relatively placid world around them going smoothly, be it the police, military, or some administrative agency.
    Wolves
    I found this interesting. For the most part it is true. However I think there is another factor which needs to be addressed which causes this kind of attitude. Society does not encourage people to deal with situations in fact it will penalize them. We have had situations in my city where even the cops don't or aren't allowed to get involved and members of the public have shown more courage than the people who are paid to protect us.

The system is broken, the "bad guys" are being allowed to win because the "bad guys" are in charge.
    I grew up on a belief of honour, courage and the old world values. The world isn't about that anymore, preferring to die a slow death of fast food and cheap thrills.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meister For This Useful Post:

aka Johan the Blind Goodman John's Avatar
    Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 11:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Scotland
    Country
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Hospital Administration
    Politics
    Generally Conservative
    Religion
    Cathar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    I don't consider myself to be a sheep, a wolf, or a sheepdog. I just consider myself to be a bear- easy going, slow to anger; feed me and I'm happy, but if you get me mad you better run.

Last Online
    9 Hours Ago @ 05:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Child of God Empire Germany
    Richtungsweiser
    Politics
    WIR SIND MILLIONEN DU BIST EINER
    Religion
    Vollendete Blüte
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Mäh, Määäh!

Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Come across this video in my YouTube suggestions, I think it really hits hard about modern society and does ask are you a Wolf or a Sheep?
    Kein Geld der Welt
    Keine Ablenkung
    Keine Literatur
    Keine Musik
    Keine Skulptur
    Keine Kunst, Architektur
    Kein Gutes und kein Böses ...

Kann mich beruhigen, den Geist in mir zähmen, den Furor teutonicus, wie die alten Römer die Kampfeslust der alten Germanen nannten.

Ach, was bin ich arm, ...und so reich!

No money in the world
    No distraction
    No literature
    No music
    No sculpture
    No art, architecture
    No good and no evil ...

Can calm me, tame the spirit in me, the furor teutonicus, as the ancient Romans called the belligerence of the old Teutons.

Oh, what am I poor, ... and so rich!
    Wenn einmal ein deutsches Strafgericht hereinbrechen wird über diese ganze, Deutschland hassende Gesellschaft, dann haben sie es zehnfach verdient. Wir hoffen auf diesen Tag des deutschen Gerichts. Aus: Kampf um die Macht / Aufsätze von 1921-1932 (Seite 55)
    "Vertraue auf des eigenen Volkes Sagung und nicht das Falschwort des Feindgerichts!"
    "Verrat am Deutschen Volkstum mit dem Tode, Treue dazu mit Recht auf und Freiheit im Leben vergelten!"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordmann For This Useful Post: