Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Christianity is Losing Ground (A Personal Opinion)

Last Online
    Monday, July 29th, 2019 @ 01:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English/British, part Irish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Sussex Sussex
    Single adult
    Occupation
    warehouse work, arts and crafts
    Politics
    Tribalism, Anarcho-Primitivism
    Religion
    Traditionalist Pagan/heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Good riddance. I agree it is in many ways ineffectual today, and overall I'd say it's dying out in the West with the old generations, and it's about time. But it's also easy to underestimate how much wealth and power the churches still have - they're still tax dodgers, they still protect paedophiles and they're still allowed to carry out missionary work and commit what is basically genocide in countries like Nepal, where they exploit their poverty by giving them x amount of money on the condition that they can build more churches there.

As for Christianity vs Islam, Christianity has been dying out for a long time, and Islam is no less welcome than Christianity is. The difference is Muslims are so inherently incompatible both culturally and ethnically that I think eventually many will feel forced to leave - either the benefits that drew them here will eventually cease to exist after the economy changes, or forced integration and assimilation, which doesn't work, will just alienate them further and force them into leaving. Islam doesn't really need to be "uprooted" as such.

I think we are witnessing them desperately trying to salvage what's left of the Church, by installing a "progressive" Pope (who still makes himself look stupid with some comments and still protects paedophiles), and ruining churches and cathedrals with modern architecture that is supposed to be a bold statement about bringing the church into the 21st century, about trying to make it acceptable for millennial lefties, but guess what? They're not buying it. They will continue to try to adapt their message and image to appeal to the right crowds, but they've failed, and will continue to fail.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sigebrond For This Useful Post:

aka Johan the Blind Goodman John's Avatar
    Last Online
    Friday, September 13th, 2019 @ 04:52 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Scotland
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Hospital Administration
    Politics
    Generally Conservative
    Religion
    Cathar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    With regard to Islam 'leaving' the West, I tend to think it's here to stay. However, what I see is (hopefully) a 'kinder, gentler' version of Islam- 'Western Islam'- becoming the norm as the descendants of immigrants acclimatize and they, combined with Western converts, will practice a form of Islam free of the Middle Eastern cultural baggage it is currently saddled with. In my own time 'in the club' I saw this on a small scale, but in the larger scheme of things it will take time and multiple generations to get sorted out.

This is not to say I want to see Islam supplant Christianity; to me personally the issue is irrelevant. But if Islam is here to stay I would hope that it does not continue to operate with its current Middle Eastern-dominated mindset.

As for the Church, what I'm not seeing is that old-school FIRE that once drove Christianity to great heights; sadly the remnants of that greatness have not been exactly promising. I am reminded of a scene in the short series The Young Pope in which the Pope is addressing his Cardinals on this very subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=591n8GKvyaY&t=1s

Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 11:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    466 Posts
    As Christianity dies so does the west. Enjoy the death of Christianity all you want your just dancing on the
    grave of western civilization. Christianity is western civilization, as it passes so will Europe.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Tradition
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    A few observations:

- Islam is not gaining ground because it is found to be an attractive alternative to Christianity, but because of the flooding of Europe with Muslims.

- There is a difference between Christianity as a faith, and the church as a community of believers and "Christianity" as an organised religion, especially the type of churches that practice PC-ness (such as gay marriages). Needless to say, the latter aren't truly Christian. A simple look at the doctrine would tell you otherwise.

- Secularism = materialism + moral relativism. The result are gay pride parades, slut walks and "minor attracted persons". Enjoying it? The only solution is a return to morals and tradition, and European tradition is based on Christian morality. The fact that people frown upon this is their love for sin. They prefer to live in a world without rules, without morality, where there are no consequences to their behavior. Unfortunately for them, whatever status their version of Christianity has in this world will change nothing when it comes to their fate in the next. Aside from that, the decay of this world and the coming of an antichrist has already been prophesied. While it is regrettable, a faithful Christian has hope in the second coming of Jesus. To others, that may be their worst nightmare.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bleyer For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 05:25 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    germanic/alsatian/Elsaesser
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Married
    Occupation
    retired - Aerospace Quality Engi
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Mankind does not want to follow orders and laws of political and religious groups.
    It started in the garden of Eden a few thousand years ago. Nothing has changed. It is getting worse.
    GOD could have created robots instead he created humans with a free will.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schwab For This Useful Post:

Grand Member
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 31st, 2019 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,395 Posts
    Oh well, as humans we're imperfect but maybe the person who made God didn't make him perfect either

Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 03:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Hitlerism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan the Blind View Post
    In former times, when Christians were under attack, the Church would get fired up and take care of business. Today we see Christians being oppressed in this and that land, and what does the Church do to protect its own? NADA.
    It's not just today, the Church has always neglected it's native population for foreigners. It has always looked out for it's own interests.

Muslims, largely being Arabic, have a cultural respect for courage and strength, and generally do not tolerate weak leaders and losers.
    That's a deliberate misrepresentation. You're thinking of Sufi Muslims, not the democratic Muslim (Sunni/Shia). Just as there have always been two Japans (the one which hearkens to the samurai and the industrialized/modern one), there are two Islams (the original fighter religion of Mohammed which is in pursuit of happiness and the fatalistic one shaped by the Arabs).

So how to deal with Muslims oppressing Christians and burning churches and such?
    Standby and let the destruction commence. When the cultural titans arrive, they'll put an end to this madness. The demolition work relieves them of a burden, a distraction. In Hitler's day, he was obliged to play the warlord. Today, the coming man will be able to largely focus on building due to the influx of barbarians systematically tearing down Christianity.

We do not need another Martin Luther to fan the flames and as Nietzsche put it, "restore the church", if that's what you're attempting to foment here.

aka Johan the Blind Goodman John's Avatar
    Last Online
    Friday, September 13th, 2019 @ 04:52 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Scotland
    Country
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Hospital Administration
    Politics
    Generally Conservative
    Religion
    Cathar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    My intent re my original post is not to, as you say, 'fan the flames'. It was just my observation that Christianity is in decline and Islam and other faiths are on the rise because the Church has seemingly lost its focus and has instead watered itself down to the point of being ineffectual in trying to be all things to all people.

My wonderment is at why this is happening and why there are no modern-day Martin Luthers or Warrior Popes coming from withing Christianity's own ranks to be 'defenders of the faith' as in older times.

At the very least, when was the last time you heard of anyone- ordained or civilian- being excommunicated for offenses against God and the Church? When was the last time a Pope issued a Bull declaring this or that faction in the Church to be heretics? If the Church isn't going to at least keep its own yard clean, why shouldn't it wither away and perish?

As I've noted elsewhere in the forums, I neither condemn nor endorse Christianity; it just galls me to see the Church (and by this I mean Christianity as a whole- or any other religion) going down from totally avoidable self-inflicted wounds.

Munchkin
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/Irish/French
    Ancestry
    England/Ireland/France
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gemini
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Deli Shift Leader/Manager
    Politics
    Centrist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Christianity is NOT in decline. Established religion is losing its corrupt power over the masses. But Jesus Christ will have His way in the end.
    Not all in life is at it appears to be.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LillyCaterina For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 05:25 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    germanic/alsatian/Elsaesser
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Married
    Occupation
    retired - Aerospace Quality Engi
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    The real church is where 2 or 3 are gathered in Jesus name.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schwab For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast