Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,392 Posts
    I feel they should be paid the same as the men's team, maybe more since the men never won a world cup.
    Wow! This is "feminism+"

Are you going to watch the men play later this evening, Liz?

It's USA v. Mexico in the final of the CONCACAF Gold Cup and I have a question you may be able to answer ...

If the Mexicans have a free kick just outside the box, are the Americans allowed to build a wall?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    United Kingdom, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Germany, France
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Aries
    Politics
    Pro-Trump, Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    Wow! This is "feminism+"

Are you going to watch the men play later this evening, Liz?

It's USA v. Mexico in the final of the CONCACAF Gold Cup and I have a question you may be able to answer ...

If the Mexicans have a free kick just outside the box, are the Americans allowed to build a wall?

I slept thru the women's game. I don't think I'll watch the men's match either. I am happy the women's team won the FIFA world cup. I'll be happy if the men's team win the CONCACAF gold cup.

I'm not happy that the women's team is anti-Trump. I am pro-Trump. I am anti-illegal immigrant and want all "asylum" seekers deported along with the rest of the illegals in my country. And I want a border wall.

The mayor of NYC announced that there will be a parade for the women's team on Wednesday in NYC.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elizabeth For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post

Firstly, when woman's football draws the same crowds and viewers as the men's team then they can talk about equal pay.
    They want to overlook the fact that women's side of football/soccer does not bring in anywhere the revenues of the men's. Or the ratings. The MSM has been pushing the women's world cup down the throat of the American public but I don't know anyone who actually gives a damn & that includes people with kids playing youth soccer.

It's been like this for decades. Title Nine requires equal opportunity in scholastic sports even though women sports are not as popular (even among women) and don't bring in anywhere the income of men's sports, particularly (American) football & basketball which subsidizes all other collegiate sports.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ęmeric For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    United Kingdom, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Germany, France
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Aries
    Politics
    Pro-Trump, Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Well, the USA men's team LOST to Mexico in the CONCACAF Cup, which is a cup I never heard of before this week.

Not only should the women's team be paid the same as the men's team the women should get a big bonus for winning the FIFA World Cup. I heard it was the women's FOURTH FIFA World Cup win. Have the men ever won a FIFA World Cup?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,351 Posts
    And the bronzes went to Sweden! Heja Sverige

Yes, I watched couple of women's games. What I liked particularly was that women did't fake/act like many men's teams do. Maybe that will come to women's football later, but I hope it would't.

What I did't like:
    Kamerun's players behavior against England. Splitting etc.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ens-world-cup/

I'm also happy that France did't get any further ... they had ''a giant'' in their team.

I bet this time Trump did't want to see team USA winning the World Cup? And they won it. LOL.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Grand Member
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,392 Posts
    Not only should the women's team be paid the same as the men's team the women should get a big bonus for winning the FIFA World Cup. I heard it was the women's FOURTH FIFA World Cup win. Have the men ever won a FIFA World Cup?
    Men's and women's football are two completely different products.

The standard of women's football is around that of 13-year-old boys. This does not detract from its entertainment value (..I used to watch my son play at that age and some games were more exciting than professional ones ) but the fact is that it's nowhere near as good.

For equal pay, women either have to provide something of an equal standard (..which is never going to happen!) or be able to compete on a commercial level and bring in the sort of revenue that would justify parity with men. When they're attracting major sponsors and huge crowds week in, week out they might have a valid claim but certainly not as things stand.

I won't develop on this right now but there's also a political agenda that's driving women's sport

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    40 Minutes Ago @ 03:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Not only should the women's team be paid the same as the men's team the women should get a big bonus for winning the FIFA World Cup.
    How about they concentrate on beating the FC Dallas under-15 boys first?

I think one should be conscious of the fact that women's sports is already an artificially subsidised and ideologically promoted institution. If the players on the women's US national team played on the level they do now, but were of the opposite sex, they could forget about professional football (soccer) altogether.

Competitive sports is all about having the best athletes compete against each other to see who is the most skilled, fastest and strongest. So why should people celebrate and reward the women equally as men, when they perform far below that of their male counterparts? Just because they are women and have a vagina? The very fact that we have divided sports events by sex, is to give women a chance to compete at all. Perhaps it would be better if got rid of the divide all together, and let men and women compete against each other, on equal terms. I would support equal pay at that point, but then again, that would mean as good as no women would be able to compete professionally anymore. So before people start demanding equal pay (for unequal performance), I think it's worth to contemplate the fact that women already are being treated as a 'protected class' in modern sports.

No need to fret about it, though. For every woman competing in professional sports, who never managed to reach the economically successful part of the athletic World, despite devoting most of their youth and young adulthood to the sport, I'm sure there are two or three men who never did so either. Should we feel more sympathy towards the women who didn't make it, than the much more numerous men?

During the Women's World Championship, I also noticed how eager the commentators were about using the event as an opportunity to propagate the idea that more girls and young women should devote their lives to becoming professional footballers. And I just have to ask myself; for what purpose? I take no joy in saying it, but they will never be able to perform nearly as well as their male counterparts. And how is devoting the youthful and fertile years of a woman's life to sports in keeping with Nationalism? Take Alex Morgan, for example, one of the stars of the US women's team. Quite a looker, and just turned 30 years of age. She has no children yet, and given the current success of her team, I'm sure she has every motivation to continue devoting all her time to football, in preparation for the next World Championship in four years. That means no children in the meantime, and she'll be 34 by that point, and her fertility starting to decline quickly. By the look of most women on the top level of professional sports, most of them skip having children altogether.

Is this a life choice we want to promote and glorify to our young women and girls? Just so we can watch football on a lesser level than what the men perform, but played by people who have vaginas?

For the record, I think it's great that women are involved in sports, as a source of healthy exercise and recreation, but I don't see what we have to gain as a society by having more people devoting their lives to becoming professional athletes. It's already ridiculous enough as it is one the male side.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    competitive sports is all about having the best athletes compete against each other to see who is the most skilled, fastest and strongest. So why should people celebrate and reward the women equally as men, when they perform far below that of their male counterparts?
    Well, there are sports where they have also divided up in weight classes as well as (biological) sex. So the question could be extended to those so it could be extended to those. And alto I have heard some remarks that point in that direction it does not receive any media attention. Nor is there any wide spread discussion or demands being made that lets say martial artists competing in the lowest weight class should be considered on the same level as those in the heavy weight class. Most people can celebrate those who win in those competitions with out demanding that people think that the former can hold their own against the later.

Having said that I will have to something about this sport event. I have noticed some shops and the media promoting it. But not as much enthusiasm about it on a more street level in comparison with when we where in the final rounds of the WK in South Africa.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,351 Posts
    Of course there are sports which only women practices. Being too feminine to men.

But one comment to this thread ... still not directly linked to football as such. Sport is entertaining in the end ... or at least all these USA's high salery professional leagues. I see differently some Olympic Gold Medalist with 50km walking. And what comes to some women versions of sports ... women versions can be more entertaining than mens (even as being ''lower'' level). Just because ''ball''can stay longer time alive (less forces behind). So what is important in the end?

It is bit like comparing Indy cars to ''European'' F1 cars and GPs? The USA version lose in every possible ways (cars, drivers, technologies) but are still very popular in USA. As it seen entertaining.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Grand Member
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,392 Posts

https://www.prisonplanet.com/equal-p...6-billion.html

I wonder how many of these 'fans in the stadium' were genuinely interested in the football and how many just went along to deliver a political message

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast