Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,341 Posts

Very Bad Girls: a Third of Women Only Date Men Because of the Free Food

A third of women only date men because of the free food: study

Source: NYPost

The results are in: she only wanted to try that hot new restaurant.

A new study published Friday in the Society for Personality and Social Psychology journal found that a quarter to a third of heterosexual women have gone on a date with a guy they weren’t interested in — just for a free meal.

“Foodie calls,” can happen when money’s tight, the grocery store is out of a favorite frozen meal, or a must-try entree is just too extravagant to justify — when the tab comes out of your own bank account.

Two studies, the first conducted with 820 women, and the second with 327, asked participants if they ever engaged in a plate for play: 23% of the women copped to it in the first study, 33% in the second.

The researchers — Brian Collisson, Jennifer Howell, and Trista Harig of Azusa Pacific University and UC Merced — also noted that the woman who felt dating for food was socially acceptable were more likely to exhibit the “dark triad” of personality traits. That’s “psychopathy, Machiavellianism, and narcissism” for those without a PhD in psych.

In addition to egotism (with a side of truffled mashed potatoes to-go) Collisson said foodie callers are more likely to engage in “one-night stands, faking an orgasm, or sending unsolicited sexual pictures.”

And with climbing rents, and an ever-expanding list of restos to try, New York might well be teeming with foodie calls. One East Villager, Olivia Balsinger, was treated to a five-course meal at the see-and-be-seen seafood joint Catch in the Meatpacking District.

Balsinger told the Post two years ago: “If I had been forced to pay, I probably wouldn’t have been able to eat for weeks afterward.”
    “When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in.“ – Robert Howard

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Volga German
    Ancestry
    German communities in Russia
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Russia German Community Russia German Community
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    This is unfortunately true, a colleague of mine got burned this way. He asked this woman out, who accepted and they went for dinner. They have a second and third date, and he is lead to believe that they get on well, so he invites her to spend the weekend with him. Fast forward a couple of months, she accepts all his invitations, they eat regularly together. My colleague being chivalrous always pays, and is lead to believe there is some potential for a relationship there. At the same time, this woman dates another man, who also pays for her dinners and other small luxuries. When my colleague finds out, he is a bit perplexed and asks for an explanation. The woman gets defensive and makes up some excuses, indicating that she likes my colleague more than she likes the other guy, that with the other guy it's just friendship. They continue to go out and my colleague eventually wants to take the relationship to the next level, make it more serious. That is when the woman tells him that he has misunderstood her, that she doesn't see him as anything more than a friend. I have warned my colleague that he is being toyed with/friend-zoned and used as a financial resource by this woman. Hopefully he puts his foot down and stops paying up.