Thread: Dutch Rapper Using Stage Name Anne Frank Has History of Counter-Semitic Remarks

Last Online
    22 Hours Ago @ 11:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Vlkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,073 Posts

Dutch Rapper Using Stage Name Anne Frank Has History of Counter-Semitic Remarks

Dutch rapper using stage name ‘Anne Frank’ has history of anti-Semitic remarks

Source: TimesOfIsrael

Musician says she chose name of famous Jewish teenage diarist murdered by Nazis as a ‘tribute,’ but is slammed for previous anti-Semitism, dabbling in Holocaust denial

AMSTERDAM (JTA) — When a scandal began to brew around her use of Anne Frank as a stage name, a 25-year-old rapper from the Netherlands defended it as a tribute to the Holocaust victim.

“It’s not malicious,” the rapper, whose real name has not yet been published in the Dutch media, told the Het Parool daily in an interview published Wednesday, a week after the release of her debut single titled “Silence.”

The R-rated song is ostensibly about sex (see lines such as “If you come to me do it naked”) but it also contains the lines “Anne Frank is a bossy bitch” and “I stashed shit in the secret annex” — the latter a reference to both hard drugs and the hiding place where the teenage diarist stayed for two years during the Holocaust before the was discovered by the Nazis and murdered (the specific word for “secret annex” that she uses, “achterhuis,” is closely associated with the Anne Frank story in Holland).

Responding to criticism by the Anne Frank House museum in Amsterdam over her use of the name — the museum called it “insensitive” — she said that she chose it because it had just been her nickname since elementary school.

“I read her books then. She’s an inspiration, a role model for living in unbearable situations. I know we’re not living in wartime but the world isn’t peaceful either,” she said.

Het Parool framed the affair as one of many recent examples of perceived trivialization of the Anne Frank story.

But soon after the article was published, a Dutch watchdog called the Center for Information and Documentation on Israel, or CIDI, showed that the performer has been tweeting anti-Semitic and anti-Israel comments for years. To CIDI, the rapper’s online footprint suggests her appropriation of the Anne Frank name is much more sinister than she says it is.

In March 2018, she wrote: “If Taylor Swift were Jewish, I’d gas her personally.” In July 2018, she wrote: “Ironic how a Jew lays wreaths to commemorate slavery,” an apparent reference to former deputy prime minister Lodewijk Asscher‘s commemoration of the victims of the transatlantic slave trade and a perpetuation of the common anti-Semitic view that blames Jews for it.

In 2014, she wrote about a slowdown in the extraction of gas in northern Holland: “There is a heaven for a Jew.”

This year, the artist seemed to dabble in Holocaust denial when she wrote: “Anne Frank died of typhus so she was never murdered.” On the eve of International Holocaust Remembrance day, she wrote: “A Jewish connotation [from my stage name] is very sensitive for you all but I hear nothing from you about what the Jews in 2019 are doing in Palestine.”

In May 2018, she posted on Twitter a song titled “Free Palestine” and wrote: “I’m Anne Frank and I just rapped about freeing Palestine. It can be done.”

Hidde J. van Koningsveld, the head of the CiJo group, which is affiliated with CIDI, called the tweets and the use of the name “disgusting.”

“Silence” was included on the latest album by fellow performers Lange Frans and Deniz Caro, released last week. Lange Frans, one of the Netherlands’ best-known rappers, defended the female rapper’s use of Anne Frank’s name in Het Parool. The article did not reference the tweets unearthed by CIDI.

On Instagram, the artist known as Anne Frank calls herself “Anne Frankje,” or little Anne Frank — a diminutive form that in Dutch slang also means to lay low.
    Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy. - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 06:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon-Celt
    Ancestry
    Irish, English, Scottish, German, French, Mi'kmaq
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    maker of things
    Politics
    non-corruption for the people
    Religion
    Pantheism / Norse pagan / Taoism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Musician says she chose name of famous Jewish teenage diarist murdered by Nazis
    Times of Israel eh ... I get this far into it and see the usual lies (as usual).

She died of typhus... her father survived after treatment in so-called "Nazi" hospital

Ugh.... I can't stand reading all the BS anymore.

This year, the artist seemed to dabble in Holocaust denial when she wrote: Anne Frank died of typhus so she was never murdered.
    LOL.... how pathetic the media is (Times of Israel so I guess it's expected). Perhaps these idiots should go look up the definition of 'murder'. If anyone was responsible for Anne Frank's death from disease, it was the Zionist and anti-German Jews who had so much power in the US and UK systems to get this destruction of Germany ball rolling. The massive systematic bombing campaigns and straffing anything that moved on rail or road sure didn't help food and medicine reach various internment camps (you know.... kind of like all those ones Canada and the US had where they rounded up Japanese citizens ... except those didn't have to deal with typhus outbreaks because Canada and the US weren't being bombed back into the stone age!).

Hidde J. van Koningsveld, the head of the CiJo group, which is affiliated with CIDI, called the tweets and the use of the name disgusting.

What's really disgusting is the perpetual use and abuse of Anne Frank by the Zionists and Holohoax story promoters. You lie about her and use her for your own lying agendas. Do you ever mention her father surviving due to treatment in German hospital? Of course not because that's an inconvenient truth to your story you want to promote.

It's all simplistic emotional marketing ... show the young teen girl and write how she was murdered. Don't mention how many similar age girls your Israeli snipers have deliberately killed (not who died of a disease that was endemic in Europe during the end of WWII) since then.

How many German and Japanese girls her age were burnt to death by allied massive bombing campaigns? 10's of thousands? No mention of them at all .... all brushed under the carpet by the big Anglo/American/Communist/Zionist broom!

------------

I have no real opinion of this rapper and don't really care. However the usual hype and outrage about this is so biased and never gets even slightly questioned in the mainstream media. So-called journalists are just a bunch of suck-ups to whoever owns the media.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravenrune For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 03:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,377 Posts
    Hahaha!!!

Hey, I reckon "Anne Frank & The Ballpoints” would be an excellent name for a ‘revisionist’ group
    They could do updated cover versions of some old classics, such as Belsen Was A Gas by The Sex Pistols

Sure, they'd never get into the Eurovision Song Contest but there has to be a niche market for this exciting new genre

I'm going to contact Harvey Goldsmith straightaway because there are some serious shekels to be made here!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 03:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,377 Posts
    AMSTERDAM (JTA) — The Dutch rapper who went by Anne Frank said Wednesday that she will change the name following an outcry and the revelation of past anti-Semitic statements.

The 25-year-old performer, whose real name may be Anne van der Does, according to the GeenStijl website, said she was shortening her stage name to Anne.
    Bah! The Yids have won again ... they always get their own way in the end