Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

White House Rolls Out Website To Report Silicon Valley Censorship

ZeroHedge

The White House has launched a new tool for people to use if they feel they have been unfairly discriminated against over social media.

Those who feel they have been wrongly banned, censored or suspended on platforms such as Facebook or Twitter can go to "wh.gov/techbias" where the following mesage will greet them:

"SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS should advance FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Yet too many Americans have seen their accounts suspended, banned, or fraudulently reported for unclear “violations” of user policies.

No matter your views, if you suspect political bias caused such an action to be taken against you, share your story with President Trump."

The idea was immediately supported by Twitter alternative Gab.com, which tweeted: "Excellent, we will email our ~1m users and get you a very large set of data."

(...)
    Rest at the above link.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GroeneWolf For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    513 Posts
    This brings up a huge question that could change a lot of things. Is social media public domain or is it a private corporation?
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

a.k.a. Godwinson
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 12:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    899 Posts
    Is social media public domain or is it a private corporation?
    I'd say both, according to what is the most expedient to them (and their legal teams).

I always think of the Silicon Valley tech giants as a bunch of whiny feminists. They behave like bullies when they feel in control but if the sh*t comes flying back they're just 'vulnerable women'

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    10 Hours Ago @ 03:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon-Celt
    Ancestry
    Irish, English, Scottish, German, French, Mi'kmaq
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    maker of things
    Politics
    non-corruption for the people
    Religion
    Pantheism / Norse pagan / Taoism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Although that seems more geared towards being wrongfully accused by other humans, I think another side where computer software judges you is also as bad.

Facebook banned me for a day for posting planet screenshots I took in some space software. Their system judged the images as containing nudity! Apparently the gas giant planets with a large spots were quite breast-like (LOL) to these robotic AI accusation/judgment/punishment softwares (I don't know how NASA keeps it's Facebook page from being banned LOL).

That seems like just a laugh but unfortunately I have had this happen with more serious financial issue at the bank years ago due to computer judgment.

-----------

Although many people may think that other humans are the more serious cause of wrongful judgment and penalty on social media platforms , I feel that their automatic systems are potentially worse (especially into the future). These allegedly well programmed scanning systems look for text or images and no human is even involved in the judgement and penalty. If one complains about unfairly being judged then some human may spend a few seconds reviewing your case or not. My planet screenshots were still judged as "against guidelines" and "nudity" even after I complained so I can't imagine a human ever seeing that.

So I see clear signs of us already entering an era where robotic AI computer programs will judge and misjudge and keep everyone in line or dish out the penalty. When our finances are all digital (ie, no physical currency) and get linked 100% up to our identities, then a software system will have total authority to judge and misjudge a person and fine them or shut down their finances. And good luck getting your situation seen by actual humans.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravenrune For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenrune View Post
    -----------

Although many people may think that other humans are the more serious cause of wrongful judgment and penalty on social media platforms , I feel that their automatic systems are potentially worse (especially into the future). These allegedly well programmed scanning systems look for text or images and no human is even involved in the judgement and penalty. If one complains about unfairly being judged then some human may spend a few seconds reviewing your case or not. My planet screenshots were still judged as "against guidelines" and "nudity" even after I complained so I can't imagine a human ever seeing that.

So I see clear signs of us already entering an era where robotic AI computer programs will judge and misjudge and keep everyone in line or dish out the penalty. When our finances are all digital (ie, no physical currency) and get linked 100% up to our identities, then a software system will have total authority to judge and misjudge a person and fine them or shut down their finances. And good luck getting your situation seen by actual humans.
    Not to derail the thread, but isn't a AI machine only as liberal or conservative as those who program it?
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but isn't a AI machine only as liberal or conservative as those who program it?
    Depends. A few years ago there was that Microsoft chat-AI that turned into a crude white nationalist, which is obvious against the politically held beliefs of many programmers working for Microsoft. Or image recognition software systemically identify black people as gorilla's, forcing the company to simply block their software from labelling people as gorilla. Modern AI are different from the older version in the sense that have a limited ability to learn and have have to fed all the parameters themselves. An old style image recognition software has be programmed with the parameters to identify every category (which of course would lead to limited amount categories as you can imagine), while the present day AI's just get fed the basic's; makes a lot of comparisons and makes based on that for themselves the parameters to label to which category images should get.

This brings up a huge question that could change a lot of things. Is social media public domain or is it a private corporation?
    There is actually a third option. A few months ago I have read an opinion piece that social media websites could be considered a new form of utilities that provide their users with the ability to practice their first Amendment rights on-line. While those users individual pages could be considered non-public domains in the same way that newspapers can edit the content of their publications.

Of course even it is a private corporation there are still other issues. Namely are they acting like monopolies/cartels. All in the later case not so much to make money at expense of the consumer, but to keep people with different political viewpoints as invisible on-line as possible.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GroeneWolf For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    10 Minutes Ago @ 02:08 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    338 Posts
    They are cartells and monopolies also in the financial sense. Just look at their stock values. Given that they are free to use, where does this money come from?

And also in a very real sense. While there are other social media platforms than Facebook, if you look behind the scenes, there is not so much variance left. FB bought (and then trashed) myspace f.e. WhatsApp, bought by FB and planned to have the same fate like myspace, but the outrage even prior to the buy prevented FB from trashing it straight away. Twitter, FB and Google are woven into each other through shared Holding Companies in the background or by adopting the socalled "community guidelines" paper (of very dubious origin, would be worth an own thread, or did I even make one or was that on Germanic Worlds? Hm, would have to dig lol), which is basically the guideline to systemic censorship of everything questioning the (communist/globalist) "narrative".

Viewed from the reality however, how people use it or perceive it, it's not a "private company" they subscribed to, but to a public domain.
    Plus that in America there's the First Am. and similar rights are granted in Europe too. It's one thing when New York Times or any other newspaper moderate the comments on their "private" website, censorship on FB, Twitter, Google, SnapShot, Tumblr or whatever however - on everything that claims to be "Social Media Network", should be forbidden through the state, because they are de facto not "private companies", or the other way round, if a state guarentees free speech rights, the state should enforce these free speech rights.

Not going to happen anytime soon, though, since the idea of "hate speech" dominates the discussion about and already narrows the limits of free speech way too much.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

13. The Following User Says Thank You to velvet For This Useful Post: