View Poll Results: Could I be considered Germanic?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

3 100.00%

Thread: Could I Be Considered Germanic?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 16th, 2019 @ 01:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Not from a Germanic present day ethnic group, but descendant of Germanics
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Could I Be Considered Germanic?

Ok, so I am not a member of any present day Germanic group. However I look like a more broader, round-ish faced, brachycephalic North Atlantid. I assume, with my phenotypical knowledge, that I may be Borreby + North Atlantid. With such a phenotype, can I be considered Germanic? Also, despite not belonging to any modern day Germanic group, do you think that the reason for me looking this way is due to Germanic ancestry/influence (be it recent or more distant (i.e. being descendant of Medieval Germanics who migrated to non-Germanic parts of Europe and nowadays are considered to be "extinct groups"))?

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 10:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,073 Posts
    Are your parents and/or grandparents from a Germanic nation? Having some Germanic ancestry going all the way back to the Great Migrations obviously doesn't make anyone Germanic, no. And if you're not fully European but have some European ancestry, there may be a far more plausible explanation for your phenotype than you having ancestors who came all the way from Northern Europe to wherever it is you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Fighter
    Also, despite not belonging to any modern day Germanic group, do you think that the reason for me looking this way is due to Germanic ancestry/influence (be it recent or more distant (i.e. being descendant of Medieval Germanics who migrated to non-Germanic parts of Europe and nowadays are considered to be "extinct groups"))?
    Well, one of our mods asked you about your roots, you mentioned Goths. You're quite possibly a Spaniard or a Turk then. If you're Turkish and look more European than most of your countrymen it's probably because you have significant Greek ancestry - Greeks used to be more similar in appareance to Germanics and Celts in ancient times.
    “Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I can assure you that I am not Turkish or of any non-European ancestry/ethnicity, but for privacy reasons I can't really tell everybody where I am from. I certainly am not Jewish either. I am 100% white European. However if I made public my nationality/ethnicity, probably some people may have some hard reactions to it. Also, I consider my phenotype to be a better indicator for whether I am Germanic or not than where I am from, and because of my phenotype I feel closer to Germanics per say than to my own people (I also feel like I can be more nationalistic towards Germanic groups than to my ethnic group - and that is needed also because Germanics today are under a higher demographic threat than my own countrymen).

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,073 Posts
    On this forum it is mandatory to fill out the ethnicity field - properly. Why would there be harsh reactions? If you don't want to do that, then that's fine, but then you can't be a member.
    “Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    Why would there be harsh reactions?
    Prolly because some people may find it not ok to not state a Germanic ethnicity? Also as I said, I am more nationalistic to Germanics than to the people I am from and that too would probably be weight against me if someone from my country has an account here, and he/she sees that I am more loyal to Germanics than to the ethnic group I am actually part of.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,073 Posts
    We thank for your sympathy with our plight and our nations, but this is a forum for people of Germanic descent. You can read here, but not post. We wish you all the best elsewhere.