Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Hormones in Canadian Meat

I mentioned how there's hormones added to meat in another thread and wanted to discuss it a little more since there's so much disinfo about it.

Most beef cattle in Canada and America are injected with hormonal pellets that make them gain weight faster:

Tom: Growth hormone implants are used quite widely in the beef industry. They're mainly to used for feed efficiency. So, essentially, allowing the animal to convert feed that much better.So what it results in is it's a very good environmental story. So we're able to reduce our environmental impact by using these products.
    We're really trying to reduce our environmental impact [and] this is a technology that allows us to do that.

Tom Lynch-Staunton is the Issues Manager for the Canadian Cattlemen's Association. (Submitted by Tom Lynch-Staunton)

David: Is it mostly estrogen?
    Tom: The hormones used are estrogen, progesterone or testosterone, depending on the animal.
    Converting to fat is not very efficient, and you're using a lot more feed. So if you can convert that into muscle, that will result in feed efficiency.
    We're able to use less feed and water when we use something like a growth hormone implant. The other thing I want to mention is they're completely safe. All food have hormones in it.
    The link is here - - - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ment-1.3717068

The whole "oh it's good for the environment and its just estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone anyways" story is a total lie. I've been reading about this and the steroids used are synthetic and they don't break down easily, not that you'd want to eat beef pumped up with bio identical steroids either.

This is a big issue as far as I'm concerned and something that probably plays a huge part in why so many people have hormone issues these days.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dani For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 02:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon-Celt
    Ancestry
    Irish, English, Scottish, German, French, Mi'kmaq
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    maker of things
    Politics
    non-corruption for the people
    Religion
    Pantheism / Norse pagan / Taoism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I always see people complaining about vegetarians (I'm one now but was vegan before that since 2003) and vegans but most people don't seem to look at this information much.

They not only use huge amounts of growth hormones but also antibiotics to try to keep down diseases in crowded mass farming situations.

To be honest, when I hear meat eaters saying how this kind of meat is natural, I don't think they've really looked at all how most meat is created.

Cows are grass grazing animals and yet in modern times (mostly starting in the 1900's) they have been fed unnatural corn and increasing antibiotics (as hey crowd them more together) and growth hormone (hey, if we can force them to grow faster, we make more profit and less time/cost for "care") .

People apparently want their cheap meat and so these industries cut corners, crowd them together, give unnatural feed and antibiotics so people are getting fatter meat with antibiotics in it.

Not only is having food with traces of growth hormones bad, but the overuse of antibiotics for everything including this has caused antibiotics for human health purposes to become increasingly less effective.

---------------

Similarly, I am against the use of products by Monsanto and other lying profit-geared corporations and their various chemicals for plant farming. Sadly corporations have way to much power and influence and they are 100% for profit and so in my opinion, our weak-willed so-called "nations" should by right clamp down on greedy corporations for the good of the people (but they don't because these politicians are all pals and part of the same problem)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravenrune For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,237 Posts
    I have heard that before time of EU .... many meats (produced in different countries) were not allowed to bring into Finland. I guess by then they had mostly talked about South Americans' beefs (1980's - 1990's), but the reason was exactly hormones. Don't how it has been with Canada. Now at EU time independent country can not deny those same ways.

What comes to antibiotics ... for example ''farming fishes'' are full of those. That's why I prefer wild fishes (caught by yourself) over ones on sales markets.

I'm happy that we can produce some of our food by ourselves (small scale farming).

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 02:10 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

*NEW* Hormones *NEW* Antibiotica *NEW* Non-Final Solution *NEW* Money *NEW* Loans *NEW*

Well, I personally do not care that much about
    meat in general , but had to reduce meat because
    of several considerations :

1.) Low income foremost

2.) Mostly cheap wage workers from elsewhere work in slaughter houses, thus expecting unwashed hands and that like

3.) Muslims all around make me mentally unstable, when it comes to purchase meat

4.) The overall heading of the society makes food a necessity to me, and not some joyfull experience each day

5.) Meat is for cold weather and heavy muscle work , but office workers do not need meat that much

Landbrug , Landwirtschaft , Farming in general deploys all sorts of chemicals ,
    even for fruits, vegetables and crops .

The argument , to avoid meat for some chemicals , but to stay vegan or vegetarian , though also get their fair amount of Bayer's , BASF's , Dow Chemicals's Newest Patents , too , is , of course , bigotted !

When one does not feel for meat , one should not look for some
    hyppocrite excuses , but should ask oneself , why was once meat
    on the table , and do have circumstances changed ?

I recently bought some muscle meat at 450grams , and ate it without
    any vegetables , just with mayonnaise , since no ketchup available .

That had been a real little joy , since I usually just have Smörrebröd ...

But , I would look for alternatives to purchase food , than from
    supermarkets and malls , if some family would depend on me !

Of course , the muslim grocer , that is to be found almost everywhere ,
    is going to be "Kauft nicht bei *****" ignored and sanctioned by me !
    Mk 10:18 What do you call me a good master, no-one is good .

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 02:10 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

Proposition 65 : Californian chemicals and what else poisonous database

Just stumbled upon that website :

The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment is establishing this website to provide the public with information on chemicals, products and locations often associated with Proposition 65 warnings. These warnings inform Californians about their exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Visiting this website regularly will help you learn about these chemicals and how you can reduce your exposure to them. We will be adding new information frequently, so please come back and visit us again.
    https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov

But it appears , that this website is about chemicals , at least , I could not
    find anything about hormones ...
    Mk 10:18 What do you call me a good master, no-one is good .