Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    306 Posts

German headmaster suggested Christian girl wear a hijab to stop bullies

A school in Frankfurt has come under fire after its headmaster told a young girl she should wear a hijab if she doesn’t want to get bullied.

The student’s mother told the Bild newspaper that her daughter was “beaten and verbally attacked on the way to school” by a group of Muslim girls.

She explained that her daughter was targeted because “she has blond hair, no headscarf, has a German-Hebrew name – and we are Christians”.

The bullying was so bad it left the fifth grader with a “massive fear of going to school”.

When she took her concerns to the schools headmaster, she was told her daughter should ‘cover up’ if she doesn’t want to get bullied.

“Your daughter does not have to say that she is German”, the headmaster reportedly told her. “Besides, you can give her a headscarf.”

The school in question didn’t respond to Bild’s request for comment, however, the mother confirmed that their situation is a lot better now she has removed her daughter from the school.

There have been other recent cases of religious bullying in other schools across Germany.

The Bild also cited one in Bavaria in which a father said his son and daughter came home one day panicked because another child had told them he would cut off their heads because they are Christians.

In Bonn, another mother said her daughter had shared a similar experience saying, “Our daughter and several classmates of the third grade were put under pressure by a classmate. They were threatened with the words, ‘Your parents will burn in hell if they do not believe in Allah’.”

Religious bullying has been especially prevalent in Berlin where many schools have high populations of migrant-background students.

In 2018, a group of Berlin teachers spoke out about religious bullying saying that German students could be bullied for as little as bringing a ham sandwich for their lunch because pork is forbidden in Islam.

The group advocated the Pro Berlin Neutrality Act which backs up existing legislation to ban religious symbols, such as the headscarf, from classrooms to combat religious bullying.

Austria, meanwhile, has implemented a headscarf ban in kindergartens and has been considering similar bans in elementary schools as well.
    Voiceofeurope

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hersir For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 12:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    “Your daughter does not have to say that she is German”, the headmaster reportedly told her. “Besides, you can give her a headscarf.”
    This is the epitome of cowardice. Avoid saying you're German, in Germany? Absolutely insane.

In 2018, a group of Berlin teachers spoke out about religious bullying saying that German students could be bullied for as little as bringing a ham sandwich for their lunch because pork is forbidden in Islam.
    If this is true, one can no longer say that problems with Islam in the West is about a few fundamentalist madmen. This is among children, at the very core of society. How on earth can people advocate multiculturalism considering this? It's literally turning into a conflict about who's culture is the best, and, if there's no other way than conflict, I applaud the bans on headscarves.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skärmträl For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 07:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Hitlerism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    I know exactly what it's like to be systematically and verbally bullied. I share in that massive fear of school. School is absolute hell, a breeding grounds for gossipers. If there is a reincarnation, I'm doing all I can to ensure I don't end up dead before my time is up, mainly because I do not want to go through that hellish experience ever again. I'd rather be a delinquent or drop out and live on the streets then waste my precious time attending school.

On a side note, it's interesting to read about Hitler's view on bullying. In Otto Wagener's memoirs, he says boys should be roughened up early and occasionally beat each other up. He notes how boys raised around and hang out with women end up being more vulnerable and effeminate, describes an eventual nervous breakdown. You could add that these men are more likely to be intellectuals.

I've regretted not participating more actively in sports and bodily exercise.