Thread: Your Personal Experiences with Angels, Gods, elemental beings or other beneficial entities

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Großes Germanien, Dacia (Hyperborea)
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Your Personal Experiences with Angels, Gods, elemental beings or other beneficial entities

Did you ever had any experience related to your guardian angel, to angels in general (from a more Christian perspective), or with the gods or elemental beings (from a more heathen perspective), or related to other beneficial so-called supra-natural beings?

There are many people out there who tell about their experiences with angels, for example, when angels saved their lives (more extreme cases), helped them in miraculous ways, or just helped them in day to day situations... and there are also lots of people who tell about their experiences with elemental beings (for example: dwarves, gnomes, trolls, undines, salamanders, fairies, elves, and so on).

Other than that, both angels, gods and elemental beings were described in different traditions since ancient times. For example, angels appear described in both Christianity and Islamism, while the elemental beings appear in different folklores all over the world.

What are your personal experiences related to that?

It can be from life situations, or just communion with them during prayers, spiritual ceremonies or spiritual practice...

Would be interesting to know more from the personal experiences of Skadi members...
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 07:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon + Borreby
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts
    What a great idea for a thread, Víđálfr!

I've experienced a great many things I cannot explain, but one event comes to mind immediately. I had been visiting family in the Greater Manchester area in 1996, and I was scheduled to take the National Express coach back to London on 15 June at around 11.30 or so. For some reason, I had woken up that morning extremely agitated and uneasy, and I insisted on taking an earlier coach to London, much to my family's annoyance. However, they dutifully dropped me off at the station in the city centre. Once I arrived in London, someone asked me if I'd heard the news...the IRA had bombed the Manchester city centre! Nobody was killed, thankfully, but I'm grateful I wasn't there when the bomb exploded.

Perhaps my Guardian Angel warned me?
    The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart.
    -Antoine de Saint Exupery

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 09:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts
    There have been so many stupid little incidents in my life that should've ended worse for me
    that I have trouble keeping track of them all.
    Like the time I'm on a two lane road at night driving along and a deer jumps out in front of me.
    Without thinking I spin the wheel ending up in the other lane facing the other direction staring at
    the deer who's looking at me with this baffled "what did I do?" look. I'd missed a telephone pole
    by two feet on one side and a ditch on the other. Neither of us were touched.
    Then there's the time I accidentally ended up with a jack in my windpipe when I was a young child.
    I was young and being stupid and almost killed myself.
    I think my guardian angel is working overtime.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astragoth For This Useful Post:

a.k.a. Icarus
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 02:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Hitlerism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    I haven't experienced anything, but Tesla's autobiography describes observant and sensitive people who can anticipate harm. What's certain is that it's not entirely the guardian angel that does all the work, such people can choose to ignore or respond to such promptings.

Munchkin
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/Irish/French
    Ancestry
    England/Ireland/France
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gemini
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Deli Shift Leader/Manager
    Politics
    Centrist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts
    I barely survived a car crash that was so violently destructive, it cost the lives of three of my family members when we should have all perished.

I don't think I was meant to die at that particular time due to divine intervention.
    Not all in life is at it appears to be.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LillyCaterina For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Großes Germanien, Dacia (Hyperborea)
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    What a story, Alice! I'm glad you listened to your intuition, and that your family listened to you too! Good that you were safe and avoided that!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    Tesla's autobiography describes observant and sensitive people who can anticipate harm. What's certain is that it's not entirely the guardian angel that does all the work, such people can choose to ignore or respond to such promptings.
    Of course... one has the free will to listen to it or not. The angelic beings can help us, but they cannot do the job for us, unless in extreme situations when they are allowed to...

From my own experience... when I was a child, and I was playing with other children in the area where I lived, another kid pushed me from the top of some stairs... I remember very well the experience, the kid pushed me out of a sudden while I was on the edge on the top of the stairs and it seemed like the time expanded while I made it down to the end of the stairs, landing on my feet. I simply remained speechless immediately after, it was a tremendous experience. There was no natural way I could have jumped all over the stairs like that without getting hurt. I felt and had a vision of something like some wings very close to me... I think this is the first time I ever write about this experience. For many years I wasn't sure what happened back then, but at some point I've heard and watched other people talking about their experiences with guardian angels or with angels in general (some of them saw the wings of the angels too). So I've learned it was the assistance of my guardian angel who kept me safe... or maybe the assistance of more than one angel, I don't know for sure that... some say we only have one guardian angel, some say we can have more than one, so I'm not sure...

Other than that... more recently, when travelling alone in the mountains, I usually asked for the guidance of the gods and elemental beings and I asked the gods to go with me in the trips and for them and the elemental beings to keep me safe, which they did. In some certain moments, when I tried to feel their presence, I was able to feel it.

A situation when I felt they helped me: it was almost evening and the sun was going to set in about one hour, while I was still travelling through the woods... I don't know how, but at some point I felt like I lost my way, I had no idea where exactly I was and how to get out of there... I panicked a bit, but after a few moments I gathered myself and asked for divine intervention. I prayed to my ancestors and to the heathen gods to help me find my way and very soon I had the intuition how to get out of there (before that it seemed like I was walking in circles on the same path again and again), which I did.

In the same trip as above, I was in an area with lots of venomous viper snakes, and it was also very hot weather, when normally these snakes can be more dangerous. Before that trip I didn't care about my safety at all, I was so heartbroken that I didn't care if I was going to die or not. But I asked my ancestors and the gods to keep me safe and accompany me on the trip... and I definitely felt like they did. Even though I was sleeping many nights in a tent in different places in nature, I was safe... I didn't see any snake on my own (I would probably have been scared if I saw one), but I felt their specific smell a few times. I also run out of drinkable water a few times, but I met people who either gave me their water or leaded me to a spring nearby. I even got the invitation to sleep for free at some place, which I did, even though I was cautious about it and a bit scared to sleep in the same house with a guy I just met, but he respected my privacy, I had my own room that could be locked from inside and everything was fine. I was safe once again.

In that trip I really felt protected from above... and the things were arranging themselves for my own safety. The people in the nearby village freaked out when they heard I was sleeping in a tent in the mountains, they were afraid to go there on hot weather because of the viper snakes. I am sure I had divine intervention many times on that trip, it was very obvious for me, and I am grateful for it.

I have some more experiences about the communion with or feeling the presence of the gods or other beings like that, but I may write about them later...
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post: