Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    843 Posts

Benefits of Drinking

We've all been bombarded with anti-drinking scare tactics, rather alcohol has been condemned by parents, religion, social media, medical doctors, or law enforcement agencies. But what are these naysayers not telling you.

As someone who chooses to maintain a state of optimum good health so I can be all that I can be, regardless of my numerical age, I would not imbibe if I thought doing so would be injurious to my mind, soul, or body. But, I firmly believe that sensible drinking provides health benefits.

23 Surprising Health Benefits of Alcohol

"You’ve heard over and over just how much of a downer drinking liquor can be for your health, weight loss, and attitude. But some studies have also shown that boozing on occasion has some perks. And we agree—as you keep your imbibing under control and sipping in moderation, you might just notice some benefits of alcohol!

So, this isn’t a green light to down six beers or taste test every cocktail on the menu during your next company happy hour. But it’s kinda nice to know that you can hit the bar and a enjoy a drink or two for the sake of your well-being. Check out our Eat This, Not That! guide for drinkers, check out the below benefits, and then bottoms up!"

https://www.eatthis.com/benefits-of-alcohol/
    Aside from an ever increasing number of mortals who have willfully chosen to worship Satan and his minions, our battle has always been against the powers and principalities operating surreptitiously throughout this twisted world.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gareth Lee Hunter For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 02:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon-Celt
    Ancestry
    Irish, English, Scottish, German, French, Mi'kmaq
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    maker of things
    Politics
    non-corruption for the people
    Religion
    Pantheism / Norse pagan / Taoism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I like my weekly beer but sometimes I think it would be far better to have beer more often and less of it at one time. I've started thinking that the cycle we are often presented with of the 'work week' and then weekend when you can have some drinks and unwind ends up promoting having a lot of drinks at one time.

I guess like many things (knives, guns, cars, fire, sugar, lawn darts... etc), alcohol needs to be used with some sense of balance.

One thing I wish more is that craft beer breweries would produce more low alcohol beers (4% or even 3.5%). There still is a trend to create all these strong beers like double IPAs at 8% or strong porters or stouts or barley wines at up to 11%. It all adds up.

I find the selection of 4% beers here to be mostly Coors, Budweiser and other not-too-great swill (sorry any fans). So I wish there was more of this from craft breweries (like 'session beers')

I recently did add some lime/lemon pop to some strong IPA and I really like that combo some of those IPAs or double IPAs can be very strong) and it lowers the alcohol per drink down (and saves some money too).

Anyway, just my 2cents

Name:  DSCN7473.JPG
Views: 14
Size:  227.6 KB
    (ahhh sunny, warm weather and no snow and a Maßkrug of beer..... ahhhh!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravenrune For This Useful Post:

Wild Cat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/German American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    I work at home.
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    843 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenrune View Post
    I like my weekly beer but sometimes I think it would be far better to have beer more often and less of it at one time. I've started thinking that the cycle we are often presented with of the 'work week' and then weekend when you can have some drinks and unwind ends up promoting having a lot of drinks at one time.
    I actually developed a bad habit of rewarding myself with alcoholic beverages after a workout session or productive accomplishment of some kind.

Since I absolutely refuse to tolerate being addicted to such habits, even though I'm not addicted to alcohol, I decided to quit drinking until I decide I actually want to drink again without automatically going to the beverage refrigerator.

It's been over a month now, and I might not even start drinking again. But if I do it will be because I choose to and not because I feel compelled to for any reason.

I guess like many things (knives, guns, cars, fire, sugar, lawn darts... etc), alcohol needs to be used with some sense of balance.

One thing I wish more is that craft beer breweries would produce more low alcohol beers (4% or even 3.5%). There still is a trend to create all these strong beers like double IPAs at 8% or strong porters or stouts or barley wines at up to 11%. It all adds up.

I find the selection of 4% beers here to be mostly Coors, Budweiser and other not-too-great swill (sorry any fans). So I wish there was more of this from craft breweries (like 'session beers')

I recently did add some lime/lemon pop to some strong IPA and I really like that combo some of those IPAs or double IPAs can be very strong) and it lowers the alcohol per drink down (and saves some money too).

Anyway, just my 2cents

Name:  DSCN7473.JPG
Views: 14
Size:  227.6 KB
    (ahhh sunny, warm weather and no snow and a Maßkrug of beer..... ahhhh!)
    Your 2 cents makes perfectly good sense to me.
    Aside from an ever increasing number of mortals who have willfully chosen to worship Satan and his minions, our battle has always been against the powers and principalities operating surreptitiously throughout this twisted world.