Country
    United States United States
    Ethno-Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

Birth Control Pills Might Damage Women's Brains

Birth control pills have some troubling possible side effects, including altering a woman’s mood and even her choice of romantic partner. A new study adds another potential concern to the list: Hormonal contraception may shrink portions of the brain and affect their function.

It’s possible that the synthetic hormones found in the Pill — and possibly the suppression of natural hormones that occurs when women are using the Pill — cause these alterations in brain structure and function, according to a new study published in the journal Human Brain Mapping.

In a study conducted on 90 women, neuroscientists at UCLA found that two key brain regions, the lateral orbitofrontal cortex and the posterior cigulate cortex, were thinner in women who used oral contraception than in women who did not.

The lateral orbitofrontal cortex plays an important role in emotion regulation and responding to rewards, while the posterior cigulate cortex is involved with inward-directed thought, and shows increased activity when we recall personal memories and plan for the future.

Changes in the lateral orbitofrontal cortex could be responsible for the increased anxiety and depressive symptoms that some women experience when they start taking the Pill.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...n_7032578.html

They're downplaying this as 'oh, it changes women's brain structure but it's not that bad' - which is obviously a ridiculous non-argument. The region's of the brain impacted by the pill are critical for proper adult behavior and the fact that the pill thins them means it is literally causing brain damage. Personally, I think that under the skin hormone pellets made with bioidentical hormones would avoid causing these side effects but there has been little research into this.

If you are a woman reading this then you should use any other form of birth control besides hormonal pills: condoms, intrauterine devices, birth control implant - they're all less damaging than the pill. Alternatively if you are done having children all together then a tubal ligation is going to be your best long run option.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J.Yaxley For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Hormonal contraception is pure poison, and it is linked to various cancers and cardiovascular disease, among other things. Besides, fertility isn't a disease to be treated. This issue is personal for me, because a cousin of mine in England died of a massive stroke while on the pill, leaving behind two young children under ten.
    “She could never be a saint, but she thought she could be a martyr if they killed her quick.”
    ― Flannery O'Connor

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

Munchkin
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/Irish/French
    Ancestry
    England/Ireland/France
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gemini
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Deli Shift Leader/Manager
    Politics
    Centrist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Hormonal contraception was never a safe option for me cause breast cancer runs in my family.
    Not all in life is at it appears to be.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyCaterina For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Daci, Suebi, Carpi & Bastarni
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    428 Posts
    Ah, another side effect of those pills?

No wonder...

I've been against such things for years... I wrote about that many years ago, I don't like to repeat myself... but as Alice also said, these are poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Hormonal contraception is pure poison, and it is linked to various cancers and cardiovascular disease, among other things. Besides, fertility isn't a disease to be treated. This issue is personal for me, because a cousin of mine in England died of a massive stroke while on the pill, leaving behind two young children under ten.
    Very well said... and I'm so sorry for your cousin!

A friend of mine got pregnant while on the pill... and when she found out it was too late... It was an extra-uterine pregnancy and they had to extirpate one of her ovaries... with the possibility to never get pregnant again. But luckily she was able to get pregnant later, with only one ovary... and gave birth to a wonderful child. Very beautiful and also intelligent female, blonde haired and blue eyed...

Pills aren't even a sure contraceptive method, besides the fact that they are messing up with one's hormones... and such horrible side effects... people dying from it... I never heard of such a case before, that's terrible!

For me the list of possible side effects was enough to convince me how poisonous they are... and now they are adding even more side effects!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Yaxley View Post
    If you are a woman reading this then you should use any other form of birth control besides hormonal pills: condoms, intrauterine devices, birth control implant - they're all less damaging than the pill. Alternatively if you are done having children all together then a tubal ligation is going to be your best long run option.
    I wouldn't recommend the methods you wrote either... Maybe condoms only (but men complain that it doesn't feel good with 'plastic on it')... I don't think the other methods you mentioned are so 'less damaging'... I see your point, but NO...

The Best contraceptive method is ABSTINENCE! 100% safe, unless a miracle happens like in case of Virgin Mary...

Otherwise, if you want to have sexual intercourse... the best is SEXUAL CONTINENCE! Totally healthy, safe (if you learn how to master it, but it's totally worth the effort)... and enjoyable!

Messing up with your body by surgery isn't such a good idea either, in my opinion... best to try natural things... Who knows, maybe you'll want to have children later, and these surgery interventions are not totally without side effects either...

The side effects of sexual continence? Well, maybe you'll live longer, happier and healthier... and maybe you'll also awake some paranormal potential hidden in your being... Go visit that thread...

For women sexual continence is much easier... but for men is a bigger challenge! Luckily enough there's plenty of information on that now...

Or... try karezza, at least...

And if it happens to get pregnant... then take responsibility and keep your children!

The only 100% safe contraceptive method, if not mastering sexual continence to perfection, is and will always be ABSTINENCE!
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vķšįlfr For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vķšįlfr View Post

I've been against such things for years... I wrote about that many years ago, I don't like to repeat myself... but as Alice also said, these are poison.
    It's so sad that the pill has been touted as some 'miracle drug' and a 'great liberator' for women! There is nothing medicinal or health-giving about oral contraception, and if women want to avoid pregnancy, there are safer and more natural ways of doing so.

Very well said... and I'm so sorry for your cousin!

A friend of mine got pregnant while on the pill... and when she found out it was too late... It was an extra-uterine pregnancy and they had to extirpate one of her ovaries... with the possibility to never get pregnant again. But luckily she was able to get pregnant later, with only one ovary... and gave birth to a wonderful child. Very beautiful and also intelligent female, blonde haired and blue eyed...
    Thank you, Vķšįlfr! I'm happy to hear that your friend was able to give birth to a child, despite the extirpation of one of her ovaries.

The only 100% safe contraceptive method, if not mastering sexual continence to perfection, is and will always be ABSTINENCE!
    Absolutely agree!
    “She could never be a saint, but she thought she could be a martyr if they killed her quick.”
    ― Flannery O'Connor

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts
    They're downplaying this as 'oh, it changes women's brain structure but it's not that bad' - which is obviously a ridiculous non-argument. The region's of the brain impacted by the pill are critical for proper adult behavior and the fact that the pill thins them means it is literally causing brain damage. Personally, I think that under the skin hormone pellets made with bioidentical hormones would avoid causing these side effects but there has been little research into this.
    Quit frankly one should always be careful with any substance that can have a long term effect on your brain. Now as a potential hypotheses : this might in part explain the behaviour of some women who call themselves SJW's. And in more specific the antics they get in to.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroeneWolf For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Friday, June 14th, 2019 @ 05:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Ethno-Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts
    This issue is personal for me, because a cousin of mine in England died of a massive stroke while on the pill, leaving behind two young children under ten.
    Sorry to hear about your cousin. Do you know if she was taking DES? It was commonly used as birth control in the UK (and pregnant women were even given DES injections under the claim it would reduce the rate of pregnancy complications). Later studies showed that DES use was linked to strokes, cancer, & abnormal behavior in the children of those who used it. There are several groups trying to bring light to this particular issue:

https://desdaughter.com/

https://diethylstilbestrol.co.uk/des-action-groups/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Yaxley For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Sorry to hear about your cousin. Do you know if she was taking DES?
    Thank you, J. Yaxley. No, I'm not sure if she was taking DES, but I'll look into it.
    ― Flannery O'Connor

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    54 Minutes Ago @ 12:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    It's so sad that the pill has been touted as some 'miracle drug' and a 'great liberator' for women! There is nothing medicinal or health-giving about oral contraception, and if women want to avoid pregnancy, there are safer and more natural ways of doing so.
    I think this would be an interesting subject to get into. If not in this thread, perhaps in a new designated thread. I know some people who've had great success with natural family planning, but it may be the case that these people are just not very fertile to begin with.

I came across this thread as well; Paleo Family Planning Today?, suggesting that prolonged breastfeeding may be a method of natural contraception.

However, one article written on the matter suggests that it's only reliable for a short period of time after delivery;

Exclusive breastfeeding (by itself) is 98-99.5% effective in preventing pregnancy as long as all of the following conditions are met:

Your baby is less than six months old
    Your menstrual periods have not yet returned
    Baby is breastfeeding on cue (both day & night), and gets nothing but breastmilk or only token amounts of other foods.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,238 Posts
    if women want to avoid pregnancy, there are safer and more natural ways of doing so.
    Yes. Less sex in relationships and marriages (or not at all). I just wonder how men would like that. LOL.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast