One with Nature
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Dacian (Moldavia, Transylvania) & German (Buchenland, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    It's so sad that the pill has been touted as some 'miracle drug' and a 'great liberator' for women! There is nothing medicinal or health-giving about oral contraception, and if women want to avoid pregnancy, there are safer and more natural ways of doing so.
    Well, as crazy as it sounds, many doctors prescribe hormonal contraceptives also as 'cure' for many hormonal imbalances in women (quite usual at some age)...

But instead of solving any hormonal issue, they do more damage...

I was prescribed by a doctor to take such poison, more than 10 years ago, and after doing some research (not enough though) and not finding anything natural for it, I tried what the doctor said... One month was more than enough... I had almost all the side effects described in the prospect of those pills... and when I started to take hormonal pills again (after 7 days break, as the recommendation was saying), all the side effects started to manifest again... and against my doctor's advice (who warned me it was very bad to stop taking hormonal pills) I stopped taking them... and I did more research on my own for natural alternatives...

It took me more than one year just to get rid of the visible side effects the hormonal pills produced in my body! And probably more years to get rid of the less visible effects...

Oh, and after a while I bumped into another doctor who recommended me to take hormonal pills... WTF? See, that's why I don't trust doctors...

However, the second one was a much better doctor... but still, I preferred not to ever take hormonal pills again... and I told him so. He admitted he didn't know about natural alternatives...

Of course, regular doctors, who were formed in a classical way, only know classical ways, taking pills and stuff like that... very few know about natural alternatives, which is understandable...

So... I preferred to find out on my own what's good for me and my body... and I also searched for doctors proficient in natural therapies... It's much better that way...

That because you mentioned medicinal purpose... I guess doctors still prescribe hormonal pills as being something good and healthy... or as a cure...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Angel View Post
    I have never ever taken the pill or any form of hormonal contraception in my life. And I am damn glad about it and I will also tell my daughters not to take hormonal contraception EVER. It should be clear to anyone with at least half a brain that this just can't be healthy. Of course, condoms are annoying but if you don't want to get pregnant, there's no real safe and healthy alternative. I don't want to get pregnant now, my youngest child is only 4 months old, but I'm already looking forward to the time when we will try to conceive our 4th child and don't need contraception at all. It's natural for humans to be fertile and to procreate, so we accept that and either we use condoms (annoying as it is) or we just have children.
    Well, congratulations for that, for leading a healthy way of life in this regard... and also for taking responsibility about having children!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Angel View Post
    Often they tend to be most in the mood for sex on exactly these days and on other days, they're not in the mood at all. Which is logical and makes perfect sense from a biological point of view.
    That's nature... and that's a sign of having healthy natural instincts in this regard!
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Dacian (Moldavia, Transylvania) & German (Buchenland, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Yes. Less sex in relationships and marriages (or not at all). I just wonder how men would like that. LOL.
    Women need sex too, it's part of a healthy lifestyle. But if men want their women to have sex with them, they should do something about that... Many men, if not the most, are horrible in bed (and they only last a few minutes)... Men should try to understand women's anatomy if they want more sex and improve themselves first... Women have a different biological construction than men and each woman is different when it comes to sexual preferences. Men should learn how to be great lovers before complaining about not getting enough sex...

And of course, women should help them discover what they want and what they like, if the men are open enough for that... A relationship or marriage doesn't really work without enough communication between the partners and without a healthy sexual life. Many relationships break because both lack of communication and lack of sexual interaction...

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Víđálfr View Post
    Women need sex too, it's part of a healthy lifestyle.
    Nobody said opposite...but if we compare nuns or priests (who both lives in celibates) ... it is easy to see which of genders needs it more ''desperately''. Scandals of Catholic priests are very good examples.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Monday, July 15th, 2019 @ 04:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England,Ireland,Scotland,Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Pulling out is more effective than birth control and it's free.

Wild Cat
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/German American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    I work at home.
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    923 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etain View Post
    Pulling out is more effective than birth control and it's free.
    Couples who make a habit of practicing coitus interruptus are eventually called mothers and fathers.
    Aside from an ever increasing number of mortals who have willfully chosen to worship Satan and his minions, our battle has always been against the powers and principalities operating surreptitiously throughout this twisted world.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gareth Lee Hunter For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ţoreiđar View Post
    I think this would be an interesting subject to get into. If not in this thread, perhaps in a new designated thread. I know some people who've had great success with natural family planning, but it may be the case that these people are just not very fertile to begin with.
    I agree that it would be a interesting idea for a thread. There are about five basic methods of family planning that rely on the interpretation of natural (biological) signs of fertility, and these methods go far beyond calendar based methods. I know many orthodox Catholic women with anywhere from 4-10 children that have used NFP to avoid (or achieve) pregnancy.
    'Well, what are you?" said the Pigeon. "I can see you're trying to invent something!" "I-I'm a little girl," said Alice, rather doubtfully. She found herself at last in a beautiful garden, among the bright flower-beds and the cool fountains.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    @Alice & Ţoreiđar

I was also thinking about that...

So... here is the new thread: Your Experiences with Contraceptive Methods/ Family Planning

Are you happier now?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 @ 02:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    Family
    Two sisters
    Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Birth Control Pills May Shrink Brain, Increase Anger and Depression

Contraceptive pills and shots, prescribed with casual frequency, have known side effects that are little-discussed. Shocking research has uncovered other potential consequences that aren't yet official.

More...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Verđandi For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    I'm not surprised at these findings. Other side effects women have experienced include blood clots, heart attacks, high blood pressure and strokes. The World Health Organization even classified oral contraceptives as Group I carcinogens. There are also many studies that found that women who take the pill prior to the birth of their first child have an increased risk of developing premenopausal breast cancer. Totally unacceptable, in my opinion, and not worth the risk.
    'Well, what are you?" said the Pigeon. "I can see you're trying to invent something!" "I-I'm a little girl," said Alice, rather doubtfully. She found herself at last in a beautiful garden, among the bright flower-beds and the cool fountains.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 @ 02:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    Family
    Two sisters
    Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Study Links The Birth Control Pill To Depression

Though it may seem obvious that a medicine that tampers with hormone levels might affect mood, the research suggests these links are even stronger than some may have initially assumed.

More...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123