Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Have All the Good Men Gone?

Munchkin
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/Irish/French
    Ancestry
    England/Ireland/France
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gemini
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Deli Shift Leader/Manager
    Politics
    Centrist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    468 Posts

Where Have All the Good Men Gone?

Men aren't the only players these days. Men are now on the receiving end of this game playing behavior, and are either on guard now, or running the other way when approached by women they suspect only want to play head games rather than commit in an honest relationship.

Due to my own personal experience with some other women I know, I agree with this woman about how many women these days are acting like players rather than seeking meaningful relationships. And wedding bands don't seem to hinder their aggressive behavior either.

Not all in life is at it appears to be.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LillyCaterina For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Hate the game, not the player!

Come on babe don't be a player hater.

Bitches be trippin, an hatin players n stuff. ( ok they may not be trippin, cuz I be pushin um )

Yes, I speak jive
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Geto-Dacian & German (Moldova, Transylvania, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    463 Posts
    Well, I believe men who respect themselves wouldn't sleep around either. You know, one can get sexually transmitted diseases by sleeping around... even if using protection, is not 100% effective on all diseases. And the sexually transmitted diseases are some of the nastiest things one can get...

So... not such a good thing to sleep around, at least for this reason...

Interesting video... I honestly didn't know women are really like that these days... And I'm really surprised to hear that all the time... I mean it's not the first time to hear such things and I'm still surprised... Maybe I'm from another world... I feel like an alien coming from another time and place... and not because I'm from an ex-communist country, as the Western 'culture' reached there too and people behave in the same way as in the West, if not even worse...

Personally I always avoided women... because such behaviour... I have very few female friends, I mean true friends... I count them on one hand... but I definitely have more male friends than female friends, and I didn't have sex with them (if you don't trust me saying that after seeing this video, well, it's your problem what you believe)... I only had sex with one man, and I am not ashamed to admit that... and he is my ex now and I'm still friends with him, I don't see why I wouldn't or why I shouldn't still be friends with him.

And again... about the surprise about how women behave these days... I recently told a female 'friend' that, that I only had sex with one man my whole life, and she was really shocked... She said she thought completely different about me (probably because she is the type who sleeps around? and probably because she believes all females behave like her and she believes is completely 'normal' to do so?)... and after that she didn't speak with me anymore... Hmmm... I wonder why... I guess she'll recover from the shock in a couple of months... I never judged her for sleeping around with guys, but anyway, I was shocked when she told me about some of the guys she slept with, only once with each of them... and also with some women... But I don't judge... I just let her be... That didn't make me change my own behaviour and principles, of course...

Oh, well, again me being idealistic... I would have still been a virgin now if I didn't met my ex boyfriend, heh... and if I didn't felt like he was 'the one' I wouldn't have had sex with him either... But anyway... Too personal things in this post? Well, I don't care too much about that... I guess many people here also got the wrong impression about me... and maybe they believe I'm lying... But I don't care about that either...

And coming back to the topic... I believe good men are still there... and they don't sleep around like that either... I don't think I'll find 'good men' (at least not for me) just by going to the pubs and whatever things people here do nowadays to meet more people... I'm not like that... and I don't think my match would do that either...

However, life is full of surprises...

This video reminded me of a book I once read, about how stupid and fickle many women are (and not just today), book made of real letters wrote by female readers of a women's magazine from France... The original letters were translated into Romanian language, as the book is in Romanian language... Amazing how much stupidity can fit in there!

I think I'm not missing anything by not having many female friends... and even though I tend to like women too... I prefer to keep the distance... and just admire from the distance... Well... I definitely prefer male friends, who are less stupid and less fickle... and who don't gossip like many women do...

Maybe I only have one good female friend? Maybe yes... But I definitely have more male friends (including my ex)... Well, I don't see any problem in having male friends... I mean friends are not for having sex with, so in this case I can discuss with them the same things I could discuss with female friends... I see no problem in that... My father also was and still is a good friend of mine... unlike my mother... I could never discuss with my mother things that I can discuss with my father... Maybe this is also a reason why I tend to have more trust in males than in females...

So... with the part about having male friends I don't agree... but maybe this is only my case. I know I'm an exception in many ways...
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,341 Posts
    I stopped watching that video about 1min 57s.

The answer to that woman's (video) question?

Nowhere...as it is illusion that there have been more good men in the past. The ''bad ones'' just were more successful in the past (what comes to relationships) as women had no other chances than stay with them.

Yes; I more tend to believe that amounts of humans goodness and evilness are more a less same/constant. All the time. Plus that it is true with both genders.

PS: I'm even ''extra beastly'' then being sick (and can not sleep)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 12:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Scroll down to read the article below if you want to do that first.

It's not that all the good men are gone, it's that the kind of quality men Amy Horton (35) desires don't want anything more from her than sex and least of all a relationship. That may have been different once upon a time ten years and many one-night stands ago, and in spite of her feminism, but that has changed. Nor are the men she fancies waiting for a "free-spirited woman" as she describes herself - as free-spirited means unpredictable and unreliable - nor for a co-captain, the role she envisions for herself in a relationship. Nor is there anything appealing about being guy number 30. Horton (see her 18 reasons most guys bore me to death here), Bolde author, is confronted by the wall - and the wall is undefeated.

There's so much to unbox here (John Davis already did that) as Amy Horton is super clueless.

Like this clueless:

This is her advice to young women today. No wonder she's a femcel!

Well, femcel... if you read between the lines you can tell she's still seeing men, it's just that these guys either don't interest her (beyond sex?) or vice versa. She wants us to believe she's been leading the life of a cloistered nun for years through plausible deniability but that's hardly the case.

We can see where her wisdom has gotten her. She dated "bad boys" of all flavours during her twenties, as she had no time for anything serious, and now she's finally ready to commit, no-one is available or interested. And the man she envisions for this probably doesn't even exist, a professionally successful male feminist with very broad interests. And oh, she doesn't want children nor does she want her partner to have children of his own. It's hopeless. It's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Horton
    I’m Panicking Because I’m Getting Older And There’s No One Left To Date

I didn’t worry too much about meeting the right guy immediately when I was younger. I thought it would happen in time and I had plenty of it. Now I’m in my 30s and single again and I realize that I should’ve found a good guy then and snapped him up! This is why I’m freaking out:

1. My dating pool shrank before I even noticed.

I was in a serious relationship for a couple of years and then I was taking my time to recover from the breakup. When I was finally ready to date again, I looked around and realized that I had a serious problem. Everyone I meet is either married, in a committed relationship, or someone I don’t want to date. Yikes.

2. All the good guys I know are taken now.

I used to know tons of great dudes. Somewhere along the way, they all got snapped up and the ones who aren’t don’t seem to be all that great. I know there have got to be awesome single guys out there, but the number is definitely smaller than it was when I was younger.

3. It’s not like before—most people are caught up in serious relationships.

Before, people broke up all the time. Nothing seemed all that permanent. Now all around me I see people who want to be settled down already. I’m the opposite—I’m just now finding my individuality and freedom and looking for another free spirit. Go figure.

4. Everyone I know is getting married.

Granted, my friends back home have been married forever. Some of them are even divorced or remarried. It’s not the same out here in the big city —people take a little longer to make it official. Now I’m at the age where even my friends here are getting married and having kids. I feel like the odd man out because I don’t want a family.

5. The only viable guys are younger or divorced.

Okay, that’s not entirely true, but it’s the majority. The younger dudes haven’t committed to anyone yet but I don’t have a lot in common with most of them. I don’t have an issue dating a divorced guy—at least I know he’s able to commit. On the other hand, the older we all get the more baggage we all have.

6. Dating a guy who is divorced and/or has kids is a whole different ballgame.

There are definitely different issues that a divorced guy brings to the plate—an ex-wife, for instance, and perhaps alimony or other legal issues. If he has kids, I hate to say it, but that’s a dealbreaker for me. I don’t want kids and I don’t particularly want to take care of someone else’s. This narrows my dating pool even more.

7. Men my age or older are still single for a reason.

Yes, I’m still single too, and that’s also for a reason—I won’t settle for just any guy. Maybe these guys are picky too but unfortunately, all too often there are different reasons for their perpetual bachelorhood. Sometimes they don’t really want a committed relationship, maybe they aren’t emotionally available, or maybe they’re married to their jobs.

8. Also, most men my age or older wanted to start a family yesterday.

I initially thought that I should date older men because if they’ve reached a certain age and don’t have families yet, maybe they are like me. Maybe they want freedom instead of kids. What I’ve found more often is that they were so invested in their careers that they didn’t notice how the years slipped by. Now they’re looking to start a family immediately.

9. It’s so tough to find an available man who shares my interests.

I’ll be the first to tell you that I’m looking for something very specific and I know it won’t be easy to find a man who fits the bill. I don’t even know where to meet them, to be honest. I guess I should just go sit out in the woods until I find my mountain man. Usually, when I do meet guys who pique my interest, they’re with their significant others.

10. I meet so few potential options that I’m starting to genuinely worry.

It could be a problem perpetuated by the area I live in, but what if it’s not? I worry that I’ll move somewhere new only to encounter the same issues. I simply don’t click with a lot of guys. I never have, which is why I get overly excited when I meet someone I like.

11. Sometimes I’m tempted to just give up and settle.

I’ve never been one to give up on my standards, but I’ll admit the thought crosses my mind. I’ve definitely settled in the past and it was terrible, but I feel like now all my viable options have passed me by while I wasn’t paying attention. I am afraid that the longer I hold out, the more I’ll have to settle later on.

12. I might have to accept my fate and die alone.

I definitely want to find an amazing partner, but I know not everyone gets that in life. I’d rather be on my own than with someone I don’t love deeply, despite the scared little voice in my brain that tells me to settle sometimes. The older I get, the less certain I feel that I’ll meet my person eventually. It might not happen.
    Source: Bolde
    “Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    33 Minutes Ago @ 06:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts
    What sane man would get into a relationship with this woman? What sane man would marry her?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts

Is a Shortage of Desirable Men to Blame for Fewer Marriages?

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Left
    So men turn out not to have so much power and money after all... And women don't want to marry them anymore, instead of being delighted by this downfall of the patriarchy! Or am I missing something?
    New research suggests a mismatch between what men offer and what women want.

Source: Psychology Today

Marriage rates are on the decline in the United States and have been for the last few decades. Data offered by the U.S. Census show that nearly 70 percent of men and women were married in the 1950s, compared to about 50 percent in 2018—with a near 10 percent increase during the same time frame of men and women who report never being married.

There are a number of reasons for this demographic shift—for instance, delayed marriage, more long-term non-marital cohabitation, and perhaps less cultural emphasis on marriage. But might there be other reasons?

Why Aren't Women Getting Married?

New research identifies an interesting quirk in the marriage market that might explain declining rates of marriage (Lichter, Price, & Swigert, 2019). Taking an economic approach, the authors argue that there's a fundamental mismatch between what available men in the United States have to offer and what available women in the United States are willing to accept. Maybe, they propose, women aren't getting married because the highly desirable men are taken.

Focusing their analyses on single heterosexual women, the researchers used data from the American Community Survey (2008-2012; 2013-2017) to predict the likely characteristics of these women's husbands if they had husbands and then compared those characteristics to what's actually available in these single women's dating pool. More specifically, the researchers generated "synthetic spouses" for the single women in their sample by first matching them with demographically similar women (e.g., same race, education, military status, income) who happened to be married. The "synthetic spouses" were designed to reflect the characteristics of the husbands of the similar-married women. Thus—assuming women of similar demographics are looking for similar characteristics in their partners—this method offers a starting point for documenting the characteristics single women might be looking for in a partner.

The researchers then compared the "synthetic spouses" with the real and available men in the United States, and here's where things get interesting. These available men fell short.

Where Are the Marriageable Men?

So how bad is it? According to the study, the kind of men that single women likely would marry, if they married—i.e., the "synthetic spouses"—were not only 26 percent more likely to hold a job, and more highly educated, but they also had nearly a 55 percent higher income than what the available men in the U.S. actually make. In other words, from an economic standpoint, the dating pool lacks the kind of men that women might be particularly interested in attaching to, for the long-haul.

Additional analyses involved a matching process between single women and real available men nationwide, state-wide, or within a single woman's PUMA (public use micro-area data) to see if these women could, theoretically, find someone who matches the kind of men they would marry (i.e., someone like their synthetic spouse). In other words, how easy would it be for these single women to find desirable partners? This exercise extended their findings to include:

1. Older women have an even smaller dating pool of economically desirable men than younger women, who would have a slightly easier time finding a suitable partner
    2. Well-educated women face more of a shortage of economically desirable men than lesser educated women
    3. Minority women, particularly Black women, have a heightened unlikelihood of finding a partner who is economically desirable.
    4. In general, it's harder to find an economically desirable man in one's own close geographic area than in the broader, nationwide comparison.

Adolescents today still report plans to marry (Manning, Longmore, & Giordano, 2017) suggesting the consistent downward trend in marriage rates could reflect undesired singlehood, not necessarily choices to be single in the face of ample desirable options. Lichter and colleagues' (2019) research is compelling because it identifies a potential economic issue tied to sociodemographics that may be responsible for changes in marital rates. If the pool of marriageable men falls short of what women want, women might rather be single than settle.

Of note, the study offers a pattern and a potential explanation but does not show a clear cause-and-effect relationship in their modeling. Also, as much as we know that people tend to partner with similar others, we do not know the full extent to which the economic potential of men contributes to real-life dating decisions relative to other important factors (e.g., likability, kindness, good humor).

In a changing landscape wherein women are accessing education and delaying marriage more than ever, these findings become particularly intriguing. Will mismatches between the preferences of unmarried women and what unmarried men have to offer persist? Will the gap widen? Or are there cultural changes that would create a more balanced marriage market? Or, at the bigger level: maybe marriage isn't as culturally important as it once was?
    “Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech
    The absolute state of this article and columnist, oh dear. First it was: We need more women in the workforce! Men, take a step back. Now it's: oh no, there are not enough men around wealthy enough to marry! And I say: Jee, why could that be?

Broke men are hurting American women’s marriage prospects

There’s a devastating shortage of men who have their act together, according to a new study that may not be so surprising to all the single ladies out there.

Research now suggests that the reason for recent years’ decline in the marriage rate could have something to do with the lack of “economically attractive” male spouses who can bring home the bacon, according to the paper published Wednesday in the Journal of Family and Marriage.

“Most American women hope to marry, but current shortages of marriageable men — men with a stable job and a good income — make this increasingly difficult,” says lead author Daniel Lichter in a press release.

Lichter adds that unless your dream man is an Uber driver, the dearth of would-be grooms is prominent “in the current ‘gig economy’ of unstable, low-paying service jobs.”

To investigate the man drought, researchers created profiles of potential husbands, based on real husbands as logged in American Community Survey data. They then compared these hypothetical spouses with actual unmarried men.

They found that a woman’s made-up hubby makes 58 percent more money than the current lineup of eligible bachelors.

“This study reveals large deficits in the supply of potential male spouses,” the study concludes.

“Many young men today have little to bring to the marriage bargain, especially as young women’s educational levels on average now exceed their male suitors’,” Lichter says.

Some ladies are even starting to date down in order to score a forever partner.

And sure, there’s the whole “love” factor in a marriage. But, in the end, “it also is fundamentally an economic transaction,” says Lichter.

Source: NYpost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    20 Hours Ago @ 10:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Post-war America/Europe succumbs to Jewish/Crypto-Communist infiltration in he media, arts, politics, and economics. With it declines the prevailing Christian WASP culture that built the New World.

Boomers raise kids on television and public education influenced by said Jewish subversion. The rhetoric becomes increasingly radical in terms of degeneracy as the decades pass.

Subversion tactics rely chiefly on the inversion of natural order: encouraging females to behave like males and males to embody feminine qualities.

Males, unbeknownst to the assault on their sex resort to doing what they know best, which is playing video games and retreating into the security of the internet and isolated lives held afloat by the dead-end and unfulfilling jobs they hold. Meanwhile it's easy picking for women in the dating scene (see: Hypergamy), yet their innate desires of womanliness go unfulfilled due to the unmanly character of the men she hooks up with.

Subversion hits many facets of life as wages decline, marriages decline, birthrates decline, and debt-based economy (see: Jewish controlled banking complex), idealized trash lifestyle (see: Jewish controlled media complex) unhappiness, and strife increases. The gender war is an example of this.

Hence, all the good men are afraid of being men, or simply don't know what being a man means anymore and are content to lead self-centered lives, leaving women prey to their own delusions about what life should be like.

Don't get too depressed though, this scenario is beneficial for a select group of people with a right-wing ethno-state in the Middle east.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elessar For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    5 Days Ago @ 07:13 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    543 Posts
    Maybe it's because people have three jobs and still dont make a living? This is fairly common in America for some years already, and it starts spreading here in Europe as well.

And there's this old saying that America's economy depends on illegal immigration. Immigrants (both legal and illegal btw) keep the wages low, the job market inflated, limit job opportunities, all the while in recent decades about 70% (!) of production work jobs have been exported to "cheap labor" countries to make things even worse (incl the machines & the patents and then the west rubs his eyes in surprise why all innovation in technix now come from Asia LOL). People are horribly underpayed in the few jobs still available. At the same time, the "bachelor" and higher job market has been flooded with university degree would-be employees, pushing wages down in that field as well, dramatically. A university-degree job does no longer guarantee a living-wage income either. Muh "evil state" has been replaced by now "private sector" (stock exchange) companies who are more interested in "profit" than investing into infrastructure, which would mean millions of good-payed jobs, thus a stable consumer market for all sorts of local business = more jobs. IHK (Industrie&Handelskammer, our org for all producing/craftmen jobs) whines for years about a dramatic shortage of employable school-leavers, with a surplus of open training jobs remaining free, universities whine about that half of their students arent fit for studying, thus, the fairytale of "trained labour shortage" is homemade, which in turn serves as excuse to import millions of (also unemployable) immigrants to "fill the gab", but in truth they inflate the job market and push wages ever further down, plus them being a racial and cultural problem on top.

But yeah, ignore all that and blame it on women and make it just another case about "patriarchy". It's not. It's a fundamental design error in how the socalled "West" functions, based on globalised economy and gone-berserk "financial markets" which suck the countries dry, a structure established from and by that oh-so great "patriarchy" who was always quick to become traitors for some extra bucks of profit.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velvet For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast