Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MyHeritage and Other DNA Testing: Which is the Best?

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 06:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestEuropean View Post
    It is, however, owned and run by leftists with an agenda to set out to prove that races do not exist and that we are all one. They supposedly do this by overestimating British ancestry and give it to everyone who doesn't have an ounce of genealogical British ancestry.
    That's only assigned to other (northwestern) Europeans, simply because their reference basis is mostly British-descended and there's still a lack of certain reference populations, because there is actual British ancestry in many other northwestern Europeans even if they might not be aware of it (Viking Age, medieval trading connections between the Netherlands/Scandinavia/northwestern Germany and Britain, early modern mercenaries) and, most importantly, because there's a lot of overlap between northwestern European populations from deep down in history to begin with.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to be proof of "an agenda to set out to prove that races do not exist and that we are all one". I can guarantee you, non-Europeans aren't assigned "British" ancestry other than those for whom there's some genealogical evidence of mixing in not so distant times, such as in African Americans.

This whole paranoia about randomly being assigned exotic ancestries is totally overblown. In more recent times, as genetic testing got more accurate, I haven't seen any of this. It was a result of technical inaccuracy and a lack of reference populations. A lot of normies that got tested seem actually disappointed by that because they were hoping for exotic ancestry.

I'd be more concerned with privacy issues in this regard than the danger of being wongly assigned exotic ancestries.
    And the day they sold us out, Our hearts grew cold
    'Cause we were never asked, No brother, we were told!
    What do they know of Europe, Who only Europe know?

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Juthunge For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Geto-Dacian & German (Moldova, Transylvania, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    Óšins męr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurdsson View Post
    The “Jews run it so it must be bad” line of thought seems to be most espoused by those who, in reality, aren’t purely Germanic, sometimes not even purely European.
    I'm trying not to take this too personal, but excluding myself from this, are you contesting the Germanic ancestry of other members who stated such opinions in this thread or another thread? I hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    That's only assigned to other (northwestern) Europeans, simply because their reference basis is mostly British-descended and there's still a lack of certain reference populations, because there is actual British ancestry in many other northwestern Europeans even if they might not be aware of it (Viking Age, medieval trading connections between the Netherlands/Scandinavia/northwestern Germany and Britain, early modern mercenaries) and, most importantly, because there's a lot of overlap between northwestern European populations from deep down in history to begin with.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to be proof of "an agenda to set out to prove that races do not exist and that we are all one". I can guarantee you, non-Europeans aren't assigned "British" ancestry other than those for whom there's some genealogical evidence of mixing in not so distant times, such as in African Americans.

This whole paranoia about randomly being assigned exotic ancestries is totally overblown. In more recent times, as genetic testing got more accurate, I haven't seen any of this. It was a result of technical inaccuracy and a lack of reference populations. A lot of normies that got tested seem actually disappointed by that because they were hoping for exotic ancestry.
    Interesting and useful information. Thanks!

However, Juthunge, my main concern is, would you recommend any company which would be the most accurate or accurate enough in establishing how Germanic someone is or not? And how would you interpret the results, if someone gets something like "Germany and France", for example... Would you consider that part of their ancestry Germanic or not? How would you know?

I'd be more concerned with privacy issues in this regard
    Well, this is also one my main concerns, to be honest! So also for this reason... I am thinking and thinking... if it's worth it or not. Curiosity vs. safety... I guess I prefer to choose safety. (I mean safety in regards to those privacy issues you are mentioning.)
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vķšįlfr For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    4 Hours Ago @ 08:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vķšįlfr View Post
    However, Juthunge, my main concern is, would you recommend any company which would be the most accurate or accurate enough in establishing how Germanic someone is or not? And how would you interpret the results, if someone gets something like "Germany and France", for example... Would you consider that part of their ancestry Germanic or not? How would you know?
    I'm not Juthunge, but I think AncestryDNA would fulfill your preferences for genetic testing. They don't operate with a 'France & Germany' category, but with separate categories for 'France' and 'Germanic Europe' (meaning; modern, continental Germanics). They are also not owned by Jews, and have (from what I know) the largest database among all the different companies.

That being said, these companies don't really show how much 'Germanic' one is. But how closely genetically related one is to different contemporary population groups. If one feels inclined, one can download the rawdata from the company one is tested by, and upload it to different sites which makes comparisons to the genetic profiles of ancient Germanic human remains.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 09:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Politics
    Nationalism, Monarchy, Traditon
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    I'm trying not to take this too personal, but excluding myself from this, are you contesting the Germanic ancestry of other members who stated such opinions in this thread or another thread? I hope not!
    I’m saying that most people who don’t wish to take DNA tests because they’re run by Jews or because muh lefties, are usually doing so because they’re usually afraid they’re not fully Germanic. If a person who’s of Germanic ancestry was confident that they were Germanic, they’d take the test. And it would show Germanic ancestry.

In in regards to you, I see that you put Daci on your profile, which I assume is Dacian. In which case, yes, that isn’t a Germanic group and you aren’t fully Germanic. But, I have no problem with that as a side note, I don’t dislike Eastern or Southern Europeans like some Germanic people on the internet.

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 10:16 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurdsson View Post
    Why would it matter if the companies are run by Jews or leftists. They provide accurate results for European peoples, and the 1% African or Ashkenazi is statistical noise. The “Jews run it so it must be bad” line of thought seems to be most espoused by those who, in reality, aren’t purely Germanic, sometimes not even purely European. Many of my family members have taken the tests, and they’re all quite accurate.
    I didn't say at all that they didn't provide accurate results. I only know that there might perhaps be some people on this forum who prefer not to support Jews with their money and avoid buying the product if it says made in Israel. Then I simply adviced that if they don't want to pay Jews to store their genetic information to be in Jewish hands, then Living DNA is not owned by Jews.

Neither is AncestryDNA, as pointed out.

I'd be more concerned with privacy issues in this regard than the danger of being wongly assigned exotic ancestries.
    It's what I have heard that they often assign a certain level of British ancestry to people who "shouldn't" have it, but I could be misinformed. Anyway, I'm right about them having a "PC" agenda.

The team is led by DNA Worldwide Group, a leading DNA testing firm. The company is run by David Nicholson and Hannah Morden-Nicholson who saw an opportunity to show humanity that we are all made up of all of us, dissolving the concept of race through Ancestry DNA testing. It was launched in 2016 after two years of intensive development but its parent company DNA Worldwide Group has been operating since 2004.

https://livingdna.com/about

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorthWestEuropean For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 09:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Politics
    Nationalism, Monarchy, Traditon
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    I didn't say at all that they didn't provide accurate results. I only know that there might perhaps be some people on this forum who prefer not to support Jews with their money and avoid buying the product if it says made in Israel. Then I simply adviced that if they don't want to pay Jews to store their genetic information to be in Jewish hands, then Living DNA is not owned by Jews.

Neither is AncestryDNA, as pointed out.
    Enlightening

Last Online
    Saturday, November 9th, 2019 @ 11:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, German, Danish, Norwegian, Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Utah Utah
    Paleo-Conservative
    Religion
    Mormon
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    I'm not Juthunge, but I think AncestryDNA would fulfill your preferences for genetic testing. They don't operate with a 'France & Germany' category, but with separate categories for 'France' and 'Germanic Europe' (meaning; modern, continental Germanics). They are also not owned by Jews, and have (from what I know) the largest database among all the different companies.

That being said, these companies don't really show how much 'Germanic' one is. But how closely genetically related one is to different contemporary population groups. If one feels inclined, one can download the rawdata from the company one is tested by, and upload it to different sites which makes comparisons to the genetic profiles of ancient Germanic human remains.
    Yeah, I was really impressed with Ancestry. It does narrow down your results beyond just "Germanic Europe" as well. For instance, as an American I got matched with 2 distinct communities in their database. One was New England Settlers and the other was Mountain West Mormon Pioneers. From there you can break it down further and see exactly where these people generally came from within England or in the case of the Mormons what parts of Scandinavia and Germanic Europe as well. They also have communities within Europe so if your European it should match you to local genetic communities as well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pioneer Stock For This Useful Post:

Grand Member
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 31st, 2019 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,394 Posts
    I'm always amazed by the obsession with DNA testing.

It's only become available to the general public quite recently ... however did we manage to cope for all those centuries without it?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 02:29 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    I'm always amazed by the obsession with DNA testing.

It's only become available to the general public quite recently ... however did we manage to cope for all those centuries without it?
    There had not been that type of diverse mass immigration into Europe
    until the 1990s .

And the Americas are another hotspot , when it comes to melting pots .
    Mk 10:18 What do you call me a good master, no-one is good .

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 06:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts
    Commercial companies generally (still) aren't that good for fine-grained testing.

I believe only 23andme has the "French&German" category by now and it's basically useless.
    On their own site they state:

The French & German population has the following recent ancestor locations:

• Germany
    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • France
    • Luxembourg
    • Netherlands
    • Switzerland

France alone has three (or four) strongly deviating groups: an eastern group that overlaps with German(ic)s, obviously from regions that used to be culturally and linguistically Germanic not so long ago. Then there's a central group that basically overlaps with no one, a southwestern group that is basically Basque and a southern group that is very close to Iberians.

They still group by geography, instead of by genetic groupings, which is obviously ridiculous for a DNA testing company. It's no surprise their "French&German" region has the worst recall rate of all regions. No wonder, when the genetic category is made up.

It's the same for their Eastern Europe region, where they lump together:

The Eastern European population has the following recent ancestor locations:

• Poland
    • Belarus
    • Czech Republic
    • Estonia
    • Hungary
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Russia
    • Slovakia
    • Slovenia
    • Ukraine

Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech Republic are much too western genetically (Hungary additionally deviating towards the Balkan), Lithuania, Latvia and especially Estonia and some Russian sub-groups are much too eastern and deviate much from the rest, that form the Slavic core group.

Compare that to this PCA from a scientific study:

So, coming back to your initial question, if someone's result showed "French&German" I'd simply tell them to do another test with another company or a private DNA specialist.

It's what I have heard that they often assign a certain level of British ancestry to people who "shouldn't" have it, but I could be misinformed. Anyway, I'm right about them having a "PC" agenda.

The team is led by DNA Worldwide Group, a leading DNA testing firm. The company is run by David Nicholson and Hannah Morden-Nicholson who saw an opportunity to show humanity that we are all made up of all of us, dissolving the concept of race through Ancestry DNA testing. It was launched in 2016 after two years of intensive development but its parent company DNA Worldwide Group has been operating since 2004.

https://livingdna.com/about
    Well, I'm not surprised at all about that, although I don't know how they can arise at this conclusion because there are definitely clearly demarcated groups (whether you want to call them races is largely a matter of semantics).

But that doesn't appear to influence their results for testers.
    And the day they sold us out, Our hearts grew cold
    'Cause we were never asked, No brother, we were told!
    What do they know of Europe, Who only Europe know?

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Juthunge For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast